• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
oh yeah...cuz there use to be 2 puff puff players then 4 now there are 8 and 1/2.....thats a huge increase my friend. Every other character has increased as well but nobody like fox. I gather it's because of how sheep-like humans are. For example people who play mmorpgs often don't explore character builds themselves. They go and look up what characters and builds are rated the best and then they follow someone's guide on how to build that exact character so they can do the same thing. Fox has been rated number 1 since 2006...thats 5 years and has always been top 3. It's most a Huge portion of current top fox players are around 2006-7. Considering the end result it's not much different from MMORPG's. People flock to whomever "they say" is the best. Despite fox's nearly 4 year run of not winning a major event.....smdh...now I see why people hate the smash community.
fox is fun to use.

him and falco are definitely the two best characters in the game imo.

like really i dont think either of them have a truely losing matchup

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
fox is fun to use.

him and falco are definitely the two best characters in the game imo.

like really i dont think either of them have a truely losing matchup

your right. I believe The only losing match-up for Fox/Falco/Puff are eachother. Most of the time Falco's beat Fox and Puff's sometimes do but sometimes don't. I believe Puff is as good as them but under used in comparison. Still I wouldn't disagree with a 3 way tie for 1st. or even a 2 way tie. If any of those 3 are number 1 it's Falco. Next would probably be puff simply because puff won everything Major from 08-010. Whatever she didn't win Falco won....Fox has been consistently behind them. Still he's better than the rest but thats number 1 is just....untrue.

@ Kage You suck at the game so it doesn't matter :awesome:

<3 Kage

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
fox/falco/puff lose to ganon

yeeeeuuuh
ROFLMAO. I knew someone was gonna say it :cool:

Jigglypuff loses to Young Link.

What a garbage character.
lost...not loses.

Zelda, Luigi, Y.Link, Pikachu are all capable of beating puff but that doesn't mean they are better.

Fox...I've seen him lose to more than half the cast. That doesn't make him garbage.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
ROFLMAO. I knew someone was gonna say it :cool:

lost...not loses.

Zelda, Luigi, Y.Link, Pikachu are all capable of beating puff but that doesn't mean they are better.

Fox...I've seen him lose to more than half the cast. That doesn't make him garbage.
You need a new sarcasm detector.

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
man i think you are thinking very short sightedly if you're putting puff above fox.

puff is slow and gets camped easily. i think fox is substantially better than puff

Personally i think sheik is better than puff.

falco
fox
sheik
puff
marth
peach
falcon
samus/ic's
doc/ganon

Crooked Crow

how about:

fox and falco **** everything
the next 3 **** everything except fox and falco
the next 3 **** everything except the top 5
the next 3 are ok
the rest suck
I think you just summarized this entire thread.

Now we'll focus on something much more important, like matchup spreads. <3

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This is the first time i have seent the tier list and Marth isnt amoung the highest tiers? I guess
He was only High Tier in the one that was around forever before the 2008 "Final" tier list.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
what kind of evidence is bringing up past metagame when trying to prove your point about the current one

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
marth is still really good he's just out of fashion.

ya'll forget m2ks reign of terror
y'all forget KEN

Marth hasn't won a major event since pre-brawl era in smash.

Characters capable of beating Marth or are close to even: Fox, Falco, Puff, Sheik, Marth(duh), Falcon, Ganon, Peach.

Characters that could also win if played amazingly; Link, Pikachu, Mario, Doc, Luigi, DK, IC's, Link.

Compared to the other top characters he seems the most capable of being beat. Sheik for example loses to Falco, Fox, or Puff...but pretty much ***** everyone else.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
what.....?
I mean it in the same way that Marth loses to Falco. It's not like you will lose but your capable of losing. Falco, Fox, Puff are the most likely to beat

Sheik loses to ICs, lol.
only 3 IC's on planet earth atm so excuse me for overlooking it. I personally think it's winnable as for sheik but last time I saw the match up someone was planking and then they got wobble and I exited out of the video at that moment.....so...I'm not familiar with IC's vs Sheik but I do know you can CG the *****...which is sweet justice for her anyway.

Still with that said She's got more winnable MU's than everyone except Fox, Puff, Falco...hence her position on the list.

Sheik = the Guardian of S tier. The gate keeper.

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman

Characters capable of beating Marth or are close to even: Fox, Falco, Puff, Sheik, Marth(duh), Falcon, Ganon, Peach.

Characters that could also win if played amazingly; Link, Pikachu, Mario, Doc, Luigi, DK, IC's, Link.

Compared to the other top characters he seems the most capable of being beat. Sheik for example loses to Falco, Fox, or Puff...but pretty much ***** everyone else.
Imo marth goes even with fox and falco on some stages and maybe slight disadvantage on some. Puff and sheik might have a very slight advantage on marth if they play the matchups properly.

Marth > falcon, peach, ganon.
just because armada can beat marths doesn't make it a good matchup..
you serious.. ganon?!?!?
Link, Pikachu, Mario, Doc, Luigi, DK, IC's, Link. marth ***** all of these characters pretty bad on most neutrals imo.

this is stupid logic. the best players since pre-brawl era smash all play falco and jigglypuff. this is mango, hbox, dr pee pee. remember That is only THREE players. hardly a large sample at all..they are just three VERY talented players. last time fox won a major national was like OC2, last time sheik won was like.. i dont even remember. the point is that marth has won more nationals and more recently THAN both sheik and fox and I would still say that sheik and fox are better characters.

but marth is definitely not bad and is definitely capable of winning every matchup if you play well enough.

i think of it like dota...where heroes and picks are always going in and out of fashion except the changes just happen really slow.

and i still don't think sheik loses to IC's.
that was always a myth.

a single disadvantaged matchup? you mean one against puff, one against sheik, and two very uncomfortable matchups against falcon and ganon?
lolllllll at uncomfortable vs ganon... where do people get these ideas....

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Link, Pikachu, Mario, Doc, Luigi, DK, IC's, Link. marth ***** all of these characters pretty bad on most neutrals imo.
Marth doesn't "****" ICs. Though the MU isn't in their favour.

and i still don't think sheik loses to IC's.
that was always a myth.
What does Sheik have that could possibly counter a camp-happy ICs player?

Crooked Crow

a single disadvantaged matchup? you mean one against puff, one against sheik, and two very uncomfortable matchups against falcon and ganon?
Uncomfortable? Are you serious? Marth gets either of these characters off-stage, good game.

Sheik goes even with Fox, loses to Puff, and goes even again with Falco.

only 3 IC's on planet earth atm so excuse me for overlooking it.

Still with that said She's got more winnable MU's than everyone except Fox, Puff, Falco...hence her position on the list.
Marth doesn't "****" ICs. Though the MU isn't in their favour.

What does Sheik have that could possibly counter a camp-happy ICs player?
KirbyKaze picked up Peach for Ice Climbers, last time I checked. It's a bad matchup.

Only Ice Climbers and Jigglypuff "beat" Sheik.

Top Bottom