• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
you have no idea how impossible roy vs marth is.

his d-tilt pushes you out of range for a follow up crouch cancel.

if you want I could upload the videos I recorded. I never came any closer than taking 2 stocks.

mind you that I'm on the same skill level as dart at least in marth dittos
................all toughness aside.....

I know you can find a way. :)

Chexr

Smash Ace
i dont think chexr has good opinions so i kept him out plus ive almost never seen him post in an argument about characters (i think i just have a little on a different site) (im from chexr's area and actually know him. btw)
I know more about smash and theory than 90% of the backroom Ocho. I just don't spend my time posting about it on the internet because I have better things to do.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I know more about smash and theory than 90% of the backroom Ocho. I just don't spend my time posting about it on the internet because I have better things to do.
That's a pretty bold statement, how can you know about this?

Also "Having better things to do" is subjective, it depends on what you really want. Helping some smashers in my eyes should be done as I've been helped in the past a lot too. So I guess some smash theory could help. But I think having the wisdom of battle and playing multiple opponents in a tournament is by far much better than anything else assuming you take the time to reflect as to why you lost. To me when you lose, the ego gets whipped pretty hard and then you are left in the shadows lol. Humility is pretty good. =)

Well anyways most people on smashboard troll each other pretty hard. Internet ftw. >_>

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
you have enough time to learn more about smash than 90% of the backroom, yet you don't post about it because it's a waste of time?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I really wonder sometimes what people think of my posts.... lol. Does it make sense? Can people relate to it?

Anyways, amazing or not.. a point is a point.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
kage's posts are some of my favorites because i can always feel his passion in them.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
every time I read kage's posts it feels like I'm getting hit by ganon's fair.

Freestylin

Smash Apprentice
Also your statement that a tier list should never change is idiocy. The tier list is reflective of the metagame, and since the metagame changes the tier list would to change accordingly. Tournament results, and not isolated cases, I'm talking about the entirety of tourney results, have to matter tier list because it is the most objective and most valid measure of a characters' metagame.
u r missing my point entirely... havent u stopped to think maybe fox's metagame isnt completaly developed?, well maybe no character's metagame is right now at a 100% but anyways, the point is:

if the tier list is metagame based, then rank the players who created that metagame, not the damn characters themselves, thought i made myself clear when i stated falco is the same falco since melee came out,no patches no expantion packs to change hes stuff.... its just its played differently now, exploiting hes options better, like pee pee does, that would make pee pee a better player than zhu, but not making falco any better than i t was in the past..

dont u get it??

the moment u take tournament results and metagame as an affecting factor it will make a tier list pointless, cuz that is player skill based not the characters perse. a tier lists states:

fox>falco>peach>CF>DK>Pichu

if thats not character potencial based then WTF is it?

as for your statement that my comment was dumb cuz i didnt specify why fox is the best character in melee, i really didnt think it was necessary, cuz u should know by now what fox is capable of doing when played perfectly,and yes maybe noone will ever get to that lv but fox is there, ready for it. I will say it here anyways: fox has infinite combos AND finishers on most characters in the game if he doesnt screw up...

john!

Smash Hero
the moment u take tournament results and metagame as an affecting factor it will make a tier list pointless, cuz that is player skill based not the characters perse. a tier lists states:

fox>falco>peach>CF>DK>Pichu
so you'd rather base a tier list off of the opinions of forum-goers instead of what top players are out there doing in actual tournaments?

Freestylin

Smash Apprentice
i never said i liked tier lists..... but thats how they should be done yeah...
what if a top player mained pichu instead of falco, would that change anything??

Veetaak

Smash Lord
Yes, because then they will prove that Pichu is in the high tiers by winning tournaments against Falco, Fox etc. How people perform with characters is what makes this list. I doubt that so many pichu players could get up there cuz you know, pichu sucks.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
drowned in pools at smym. didn't prove anything with roy.

I has trail and peef in my pool. aka 2 ICs

also had QUAZ and another guy. aka 2 peaches

had a fox and then juggleguy (falcon) which was close and actually drew a crowd.

fml. I had the hardest pool in the world

Divinokage

Smash Legend
drowned in pools at smym. didn't prove anything with roy.

I has trail and peef in my pool. aka 2 ICs

also had QUAZ and another guy. aka 2 peaches

had a fox and then juggleguy (falcon) which was close and actually drew a crowd.

fml. I had the hardest pool in the world
What is this spirit? If you expect to overcome matchups then you need way more spirit than this!!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
cosmo's zelda just got 2nd at a 100+ man tournament

so godlikeeeeee

low tier triforce **** all day

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If Taj wins, Zeldas are gonna say Taj is better or more experienced in the matchup so it doesn't count

If Cosmo wins, Mewtwos are gonna say Taj didn't camp hard enough with baby shadow balls so it doesn't count

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
If Taj wins, Zeldas are gonna say Taj is better or more experienced in the matchup so it doesn't count

If Cosmo wins, Mewtwos are gonna say Taj didn't camp hard enough with baby shadow balls so it doesn't count
That would make sense...

if camping baby shadow balls worked..

which it doesn't...

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
zelda should be above the links IMO and probably above DK too

zelda only really loses to fox, sheik, and falcon from what i understand and you can use sheik for falcon

dk gets stomped by a large portion of the high tiers and so do the links

CloneHat

Smash Champion
zelda should be above the links IMO and probably above DK too

zelda only really loses to fox, sheik, and falcon from what i understand and you can use sheik for falcon

dk gets stomped by a large portion of the high tiers and so do the links
There's like one person wins anything with Zelda. Are you saying she doesn't lose to every high tier and most mid tiers?

All she has is a few tricks.

Top Bottom