• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
The nerfs aren't that huge, Zelda still sucks and get ***** by everyone pretty much.
she hardly gets ***** by anyone at all except falcon. cosmo proves that over and over again

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
Can anybody explain why Roy is that high on the list?

He's completely atrocious, Pichu being better is certainly debatable.

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
Roy's only viable approach, DTilt, can be crouch-canceled.

He's the perfect weight to be comboed, has a laughable recovery, and can't reliably kill. Roy also has fairly limited juggling options.

And the same thing can be said for unknown522's Pichu. Mr. Game & Watch should be switched, aside from a poor shield and the inability to l-cancel some aerials, he's surprisingly versatile, and has gigantic hitboxes on several of his moves. Just my personal opinion, though.

Game & Watch has potential, nobody has simply implemented it yet.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Roy's only viable approach, DTilt, can be crouch-canceled.

He's the perfect weight to be comboed, has a laughable recovery, and can't reliably kill. Roy also has fairly limited juggling options.

And the same thing can be said for unknown522's Pichu. Mr. Game & Watch should be switched, aside from a poor shield and the inability to l-cancel some aerials, he's surprisingly versatile, and has gigantic hitboxes on several of his moves. Just my personal opinion, though.

Game & Watch has potential, nobody has simply implemented it yet.
his only approach isn't d-tilt. that tells me you don't know how to play roy already.

Zone

Smash Champion
she hardly gets ***** by anyone at all except falcon. cosmo proves that over and over again
Edit: but.... For those 3 when you get counter picked you can hold a at the start which cosmo does :). Except fox, he goes for the gold against him and stays zelda

Zelda gets ***** by falcon, fox, and sheik. The foxes need to learn the Zelda match up a little better, if you're quick enough on reaction her up smash and f smash should never work. And if you stay in the right area inside her defense you can avoid sweetspotted toes out of shield. But people don't bother learning to play against Zelda cuz there are like only 7 Zelda mains or something like that and like an additional 5 who play her in the side (vanz, magus, ect.) not many Zelda players for you to worry about. But If you're losing time learn how to **** Zelda. Contact me on aim, I can share her weaknesses I see so many people not taking advantage of.

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
Let me rephrase: DTilt is the only option that works.

You're going to tell me otherwise? Have a look at what Roy as a character can actually accomplish.

*Edit* Perhaps I worded that wrong. Nair works too, but DTilt is best for racking up damage and combos by getting opponents airborne, and it was overly simplified. Still, you get the idea hopefully? DTilt is a vital shenanigan.

*Edit 2* Okay, and grabs too. Obviously. DownThrow > FSmash. I need to sleep.

Roy is still terrible and doesn't have a lot of potential.

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I can see why you'd say that. DTilt is just a central tool for getting opponents airborne, I'm only specifically talking about approaching. Don't know too much about Roy.

Grabs are a bit riskier, and I completely forgot about DED. Even so, his negative glaring weaknesses are still present.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I agree, roy moves so good...too bad he still sucks lol.

I always wondered what marth would be like if he was a FF tho. or I guess roy with Marths moveset.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I rarely use d-tilt. and roy is basically my main

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
I don't know **** about Roy tbh lol, but I'm pretty sure I've seen like every roy player use dtilt ALOT
Same here. DTilt is the most reliable approach move most of the time, from what I've noticed.

Ripple, you have any links?

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
it's advanced about as much as the DK metagame recently.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
yeah dude, people learned he has a up-b! he's come so far!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
sigh lol it always was for me cuz i mained freakin fun characters

sheik/peach

fun and fast

ic's/ddd aka chain grabbing which *****.

i always liked the guaranteed grab to get off combo characters. makoto in 3s and arima miyako in MB.

i just never found fun players around me

oh well

Stevo

Smash Champion
the good thing about roy is he gets pseudo metagame advancements through being somewhat similar to marth in some respects. (mostly in respects with movement and spacie ****)

Marth hasnt got much shift in movement metagame since eveyone started M2K wave dashing to the edge with him. So im not sure about any recent roy metagame advancements tbh.

EDIT: I realize Cort claims to have been doing that "trick" with marth before M2K and that m2k stole it, but I dont really care, everyone started doing after they saw M2K doing it. Please don't bring that up.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
cort learned how to **** spacies before m2k with marth. but then cort switched mains to peach

Top Bottom