• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Beat!

Smash Master
He "mains" Peach and Marth. He plays Kirby too. He's good with other chars as well.

I don't think he's dead set on a main yet, but I'm not sure. You'd have to ask him

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
I remember lurking a while back, and several people stated he played Falcon.

Sorry for the confusion, he's really good though.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
This is only a "small" reason why I don't like AZ that much...He's even a fan of mine... logic makes no sense at all does it? To top it off.. he was WRONG even...since I did make it w/yoshi.. sure 33rd, but bracket made...Him along w/many others who doubt if I was "legit" or not....I can understand if you're uncertain of me etc...but you're own hometown doubting you?... major self esteem killer don't you think... *sigh* ^this makes me sad....ALOT..
I think you are overthinking it a little too much here. You seem to rely a lot on people's opinions to move on but.. in the end it doesn't matter, what do you want?

Back in the day, when I was the only one traveling from Montreal, I went to WC with some words of encouragement and I thought to myself, they are really believing I can win, so I went there and I actually won the tournament. And then when I went back they said they didn't really believe I could do it, I was like WHAT? And then I laughed. So I learned that playing for the people is wrong however I also realized that everyone that is a fan of you forces you to stay the best you can possibly be because I mean, you can't really show them that you falter in anyway. A true hero, no matter the pain and suffering, will be born just like in any heroic story. I can name someone like Hbox which we all know probably went through the most **** out of anyone but guess what? He's on top while the others keep on hating and talking... sucks to be them imo. =) You should be happy that you proved people wrong I think. =P

Edit: Also why did you post the same thing twice in 2 different threads?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Kage you should be a motivational speaker. If you don't make it professional fighting you should probably be a trainer/coach lol

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
No, I know Hax and Hack are two completely different players.

I didn't just conjure the notion of Hack playing Falcon out of nowhere, I read it throughout the forum last year. I'm also a Canadian, so don't pay too much attention to the European scene.

Also, how bad do you think the Marth vs. Sheik matchup is? Be honest.

Zoler

Smash Ace
In PAL I feel the matchup is even lol, maybe slightly in Sheiks favor. The NTSC sheik downthrow ***** Marth like mad tho...

In NTSC it's probably like 65-35 or 60-40. This is what I would guess since the PAL is in slightly sheiks favor and the grab + upair adds an enourmous boost to sheik.

I dunno really tho since I've never played the matchup in NTSC myself, some argue for these numbers, some want it more even.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yea tim. do it for you man. when u rely on other people for motivation at some point u will be disappointed.

you got this, visualize and attack, you can achieve any goal you set your mind too.

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
I know that Silent Wolf, Armada, Mang0 have good kirbys. But as far as mains go, Im not aware of any to have ever existed.
Bun Bun.

But yeah, I've never even heard of an exceptionally good kirby main >_>

iloveyoubunbun

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Kage you should be a motivational speaker. If you don't make it professional fighting you should probably be a trainer/coach lol
karate kid 2012

starring trainer kage teaching a young boy how to become a warrior against the evil clutches of ganon
LOL, perhaps one day.. but this time was not yet come. I only speak from experience and I don't think I meet the standards of a true trainer would be.. I need to face pain myself and kick it up a notch. I try to teach in smash though but its not up to me to help others find their own reasons as to why they want to do things. I can help them to find what I think would be the best decisions but I can't force them to do anything.

I'm a little confused about why the tier list was made by current trends in character activity. Isn't a tier list supposed to be based solely on MUs and character ability?

It just struck me as odd, iunno.

current trends in character activity are the best indicator of matchups and character ability, that's why we use them instead of just theorycrafting.
But how so? If a bunch of good people played a bad character and did well, that doesn't mean the character is better. The character isn't any different, just the method they're played. To say that a character is better because someone does well with them doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

john!

Smash Hero
But how so? If a bunch of good people played a bad character and did well, that doesn't mean the character is better. The character isn't any different, just the method they're played. To say that a character is better because someone does well with them doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
if a bunch of people place well with a bad character, then that character actually isn't a bad character. unless you're saying that these good people would place better using other characters... then i don't really see your point lol... the character is still bad.

D

Deleted member

Guys, you're forgetting the point

Ness is horrible
you're just saying that cause jigglypuff is BROKEN.

I was seriously going to post the above line ^ no matter what you posted as soon as I saw that you were the most recent poster in this thread. it just happened to work out lol.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Hey HBox, is PP going to CEO2011/Genesis2? If not, i may have to rescind my challenge. Armada will be your only competition for G2, and Im not sure if he's going so... but of course, if PP's going, hes kicking your *** :D

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
the only reason why he pulled out puff at g1 was because he knew his other characters couldn't pull it off

nowadays he ***** armada with fox, falco, mario (lol), and i wouldn't be surprised if he did with falcon, so i don't think he'll need puff, but we'll see

Beat!

Smash Master
Mango certainly doesn't "****" Armada with Falco and Fox, but it's true that he's got the upper hand.

But Mario? Lol. No. He won like, 1 or 2 friendlies. Armada would def. beat his Mario

Armada has improved a lot at the Falcon matchup. I think he'd beat Mango's Falcon.

Beat!

Smash Master
I'm bad at noticing masked jokes over the internet :d

And I definitely don't think that Armada would beat Mangos Falcon without a doubt. I just think that he'd win.

Top Bottom