• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Georgia Brawl Power Rankings - Updated 08/16/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigman40

Smash Master
Scatz, you were basically 11th. If Albino hadn't been to as many tournaments, you would have been 10.
xD Dammit! I didn't know I would be that close. Well, this summer will be fun for me anyway =D

Oh yeah, other people might wanna look out, cause Deo is coming with meh too. >:D We comin for those spots!

BBQ°

Smash Champion
DAYUUUM Kismet stepped it up. I still think Kismet and Biglou should be tied for 1st, but I'm sure the panelists have their reasons.

And I don't understand Rayku at all. He chooses not to be on the PR yet honorable mentions is okay?

And honestly, I don't agre with most of the list. But then again, this PR is based only off recent tournament results (which is a dumb idea imo).

Also, congratz to Albino for making it on the PR :)))))))

Rayku

Smash Lord
DAYUUUM Kismet stepped it up. I still think Kismet and Biglou should be tied for 1st, but I'm sure the panelists have their reasons.

And I don't understand Rayku at all. He chooses not to be on the PR yet honorable mentions is okay?

And honestly, I don't agre with most of the list. But then again, this PR is based only off recent tournament results (which is a dumb idea imo).

Also, congratz to Albino for making it on the PR :)))))))
Like I've told you before, that's the way it's always been done. If you have beef with that, have beef with the people who thought of the idea in the first place.

Kismet is above BigLou because of Impact Clash. Otherwise, they're even in tournament performance.

Octix, you may have made top 10 at the two tournaments you went to, but the people on the list have made top 10 more times than that. Like, we're not discrediting you, there are people that are just placing more consistently.

Fullmetal, you made 4th in one of the tournaments you attended (I think it was Cheap Fuks. I don't remember specifically). Also, you're a very good "barline," so I like you having 10th spot.

That's just my take on a few things.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Like I've told you before, that's the way it's always been done. If you have beef with that, have beef with the people who thought of the idea in the first place.
Yep, I understand that I can't argue or whatever with the way the panelists do things. I agree with FullMetal however:
But at the same time, GOOD PRs look at player skill in addition to recent tournament placings.
Kismet is above BigLou because of Impact Clash. Otherwise, they're even in tournament performance.
Can you or Desu or whoever post the tournament results that were used? I'd just like to see them posted for records sake.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Can you or Desu or whoever post the tournament results that were used? I'd just like to see them posted for records sake.
We only had Impact Clash, some of Cheap ****s, and the last Waba tournament to analyze.

Saltix

Smash Lord
I'd imagine I'm on there as #10 simply to irritate those of you who want to be top 10 bad enough to step your game up.
But at the same time, GOOD PRs look at player skill in addition to recent tournament placings. Maybe half of that list of top 10 has beaten me in a singles match.

If I'm serving as "the barline" for the GA brawl community, it makes perfect sense to place me at # 10. If there's not 10 players in GA who can beat me, why shouldn't I be in that spot?
Rayku clarified why you're on there, but if that were the reason, it's definitely working.
I've played you in a singles match one time WAY back when. And it was close.

So I challenge you to a MM. Nothing high amount, $3?
I simply need to prove to myself that I'm above the "barline".
You're right. If I can't beat you, who doesn't even play brawl competetively (anymore?), then I truly don't deserve to be on GA's PR.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Rayku clarified why you're on there, but if that were the reason, it's definitely working.

You're right. If I can't beat you, who doesn't even play brawl competetively (anymore?), then I truly don't deserve to be on GA's PR.
I wouldn't be too concerned about losing to FMTL, honestly. While it DOES indicate that you do have work to do, that can be fixed. Fullmetal is a **** smart player (dairs aside), and he's got some pretty decent spacing mixed in too :p

Saltix

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be too concerned about losing to FMTL, honestly. While it DOES indicate that you do have work to do, that can be fixed. Fullmetal is a **** smart player (dairs aside), and he's got some pretty decent spacing mixed in too :p
It's not necessarily me being concerned about losing to him. I need to prove that I'm above the "barline"
and good enough to make it on a PR

VietGeek

Smash Hero
It's not necessarily me being concerned about losing to him. I need to prove that I'm above the "barline"
and good enough to make it on a PR
Place in tourneys, beat Full Metal, beat up other Brawl scrubs (read: Viet) and you're set!

The tenth spot is already in sight!

Can OcTIx overcome the hardships of competitive BARLW to continue onto the stairway of victory?!

Tune in to find out on Pok-

Saltix

Smash Lord
Place in tourneys, beat Full Metal, beat up other Brawl scrubs (read: Viet) and you're set!

The tenth spot is already in sight!

Can OcTIx overcome the hardships of competitive BARLW to continue onto the stairway of victory?!

Tune in to find out on Pok-
lol i c wut you did thar

anyways, i do place in tourneys, apparently just not enough of them.
And also, **** #10.
Set your sights high and you'll go far!

Rayku

Smash Lord
Set your sights high and you'll be disappointed. Don't set your sights at all and just try to play the game and you'll be content

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Set your sights high and you'll be disappointed. Don't set your sights at all and just try to play the game and you'll be content
This. I don't even get an honorable mention, but I'm happy (or at least as happy as I can be for BARLW) about my three or so last place finishes throughout this year (oh wait...didn't I enter like three tourn-)

I rest my case.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion

Sure, I'll MM you. 3$ is ok with me- I won't be at this weekend's waba tournament (May 2nd) because for some strange-*** reason I'm on day shift at my job, rather than my usual night shift.

And I recall playing you way back when, it was decently close-
Although, I also recall winning the "impossible matchup" and beating you and your teammate's metaknights 2v1 at that one waba tournament when only 3 teams entered, one of them being me/sleepy K.

So I'll be interested to see how this goes. =)

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Lol congratz on Dyno and Billy for passing me in pr rankings! :D

I wish that I could attend more tournies, but as always, Wiimote Johns :(

Purple

Hi guys!
Wait why cant u come to more tournies with a wiimote :confused:
maybe he borrows wiimotes from friends?

Let's buy him one! Better yet. teach him how to use a gamecube controller :o

back to the power rankings, wouldn't having a point system make this easier on the panelist?

Saltix

Smash Lord
Sure, I'll MM you. 3$ is ok with me- I won't be at this weekend's waba tournament (May 2nd) because for some strange-*** reason I'm on day shift at my job, rather than my usual night shift.

And I recall playing you way back when, it was decently close-
Although, I also recall winning the "impossible matchup" and beating you and your teammate's metaknights 2v1 at that one waba tournament when only 3 teams entered, one of them being me/sleepy K.

So I'll be interested to see how this goes. =)
LOL you didn't have to bring that up. But yeah, this ought to be good :)
I prolly wont be there either, as I have SATs on Saturday.

I'm not content with anything at all right now lol

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
LOL you didn't have to bring that up. But yeah, this ought to be good :)
I prolly wont be there either, as I have SATs on Saturday.

I'm not content with anything at all right now lol
hahahaha high schoolers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom