• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Georgia Brawl Power Rankings - Updated 08/16/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Just a suggestion:

The panelists should update the PR every 4 tournaments, since that's how many were used to decide the first PR. That means it would be time to update the PR again, I think.

Purple

Hi guys!
I don't understand why this should be bumped considering we don't have new information to be added through tournaments. Don't bump this unless you have some real information. IE : Tournaments Results. Rules to how the PR will be ran (which would be one of the four panelists only).

However to be relevant.

Desu you should post on the front page that next Power Rankings posting will be after Impact Clash if that's the case.

Rayku

Smash Lord
We WOULD have tournament results to analyze IF PEOPLE WOULD POST THEM. Play N Trade wasn't posted, Cheap F*cks tournament wasn't posted, last Waba monthly wasn't posted. Wonder how we're going to do this at all.

Player-1

Smash Legend
We WOULD have tournament results to analyze IF PEOPLE WOULD POST THEM. Play N Trade wasn't posted, Cheap F*cks tournament wasn't posted, last Waba monthly wasn't posted. Wonder how we're going to do this at all.
I don't know how many people went to Final Round from GA, but I remember Kismet went, just saying.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Its very hard to decide which ones to count. Like me,umby kismet and zomb went to gigs, a few of us went to cheap ****s and play and trade and of course there's the waba monthly. Also kismet and umby went to herb, I have no idea how we would calculate all this. And kismet went to FR

T3h Albino

Smash Master
well IMO OoS tourneys should only count if enough people good were there/ how well the person placed, but it really shouldn't count too much because not everyone can go OoS. If i remember correctly even if good players go to a tourney if they aren't on the PR you don't move up *thinking about the cheap ****s tourney*. Anyway it's sad that a lot of the tourneys that should be counted for the PR dont have results up, just makes it that much harder for the panelist.

Purple

Hi guys!
Once again there are pretty viable reasons why, all of which include the Tournament organizer not knowing that we need those results in order to use our PR (or just not caring about our PR)

Saltix

Smash Lord
Sounds like this next list is going to FAIL.
I went to waba march and april; I know there was Final Round, IC, Wabapalooza? Melee vs Brawl

what was cheap f***s and play n trade
wtf

Good luck panelists

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Kismet2 is short for Kismet2Good (lololol I already made a similar joke earlier, I suck.)

Also Scatt is way too good but he needs to come to more tournaments :(

Rayku

Smash Lord
Scatz, you were basically 11th. If Albino hadn't been to as many tournaments, you would have been 10.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Two top 10 tourney placings and I'm STILL not on it?
and Full Metal makes it? ....

Guess I need to show up more.
When is the next list?

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Two top 10 tourney placings and I'm STILL not on it?
and Full Metal makes it? ....

Guess I need to show up more.
When is the next list?
I won 2 brawl tournaments and placed top 4 for the majority of the first 6-8 months of brawl tournaments I entered.
(Back when brawl first came out.)
I still place top 5 in every brawl singles tournament I've entered recently.

But at the same time...

GET ****ED GA BRAWL I'M ON YOUR PR AND YOU CAN'T STOP MEEEEEEEEEE

I don't even play this game. lol
Much love to the cool brawlers I know, though. :)

Saltix

Smash Lord
I won 2 brawl tournaments and placed top 4 for the majority of the first 6-8 months of brawl tournaments I entered.
(Back when brawl first came out.)
I still place top 5 in every brawl singles tournament I've entered recently.

But at the same time...

GET ****ED GA BRAWL I'M ON YOUR PR AND YOU CAN'T STOP MEEEEEEEEEE

I don't even play this game. lol

Much love to the cool brawlers I know, though. :)
That's what I'm saying. And no doubt you're placing top 5 every brawl singles tourney you enter, but which ones/how many have you entered lately? These rankings are supposed to be of recent tourneys

I'd like to see the list of tourneys used to put this edition of the list together. Not to be an *** about not being on it, but for personal benefit.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
To be honest?

I'd imagine I'm on there as #10 simply to irritate those of you who want to be top 10 bad enough to step your game up.
The last 2 brawl singles tournaments I entered were cheap fuks and the one before that was... heck, I think around the time Biglou and Desu started teaming.

So no, according to standard PR definitions "rankings based on recent tournament placings" I shouldn't be on this PR- I don't enter enough tournaments to merit that.

But at the same time, GOOD PRs look at player skill in addition to recent tournament placings. Maybe half of that list of top 10 has beaten me in a singles match.

2) Big Lou [Luigi]
3) Desu [Dreamland]
4) ZOM~B [ROB / Snake]
9) T3H Albino [King Dedede]

These are the players on that list that I've played and lost to.
I haven't even played Kismet in brackets ever, or Billy or Scatt for that matter. I haven't played a MM or "seriouslie" with them either.
Umby and Dyno I beat in brackets in the last tournament I entered and have never lost a set to.

If I'm serving as "the barline" for the GA brawl community, it makes perfect sense to place me at # 10. If there's not 10 players in GA who can beat me, why shouldn't I be in that spot?

Thats just my take on it, though. You'd have to ask the panelists for their reasoning behind the list.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
yay, i moved up one spot, honestly i was hoping for 5th.. but i guess i must work 10x harder to get that spot! BE SEEIN U ALL ON THE 2ND!!

Umby

Smash Master
My Facebook status pretty much explains how I feel about this.

edit: Is Rayku still giving "don't-like'being-on-a-list" johns? I don't see why he wouldn't be above me on the PR.

Purple

Hi guys!
i lol'd @ fullmetal.

The PR overall confuses me. But considering some of the people haven't been playing at all, i find this very accurate. I am however, wondering three things

1) Umby places evenly with me at every tourney we enter (however he probably enters more tourneys than I, and melee vs brawl i lost to albino getting top 10). I don't think that one tourney pulls him up to top 5 though.

2) I know Rayku has list johns, but doesn't that truly bug out the list?

3) Kismet has brought home the sausage! Hell yesh :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom