• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Georgia Brawl Power Rankings - Updated 08/16/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Tim, there is at least one tournament with decent-good people at Waba every month. It should be updated AT LEAST monthly. It's not hard, if you're keeping track accurately.

As for the people trashing Brawl. **** get a life.
when you stop playing bad games, i'll stop bashing them... <_<

Rayku

Smash Lord
We're not going to update the power rankings off every tournament that occurs. It's more accurate to get about 3-4 tournaments to analyze at a time. It's also far more convenient.

If you disagree, Noir, just look at how often other PR's are updated. If I recall correctly, the Melee PR was updated about once every 6 months, regardless of how many tournaments went down.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Since that's indirectly pointed at me, I'd like to ask "Werent you the guy threating to go to waba and beat people up over brawl?"
Im pretty sure the words youre looking for is pick fights with people that would knock his teeth out and theyre unreasonably quiet when youre around and anime loving nerd kids who he thinks he could take, but his punk *** threaten to jump him because in the back of his mind he knows that nerd kid might **** his **** up.

This kid just wants his 5 minutes of fame. Its kind of funny to read xD

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
We're not going to update the power rankings off every tournament that occurs. It's more accurate to get about 3-4 tournaments to analyze at a time. It's also far more convenient.

If you disagree, Noir, just look at how often other PR's are updated. If I recall correctly, the Melee PR was updated about once every 6 months, regardless of how many tournaments went down.
Rayku knows what hes talking about XD
MELEE SU......is a very great game and i enjoy playing it whenever i can =]
its ok Melee has its bad points as well lol

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Yeah. You guys are cool dudes and all, but this is the Brawl thread, so it would be appreciated if you would stop knocking Brawl here. I'm going to start handing out trolling infractions for those of you who don't listen.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Since that's indirectly pointed at me, I'd like to ask "Werent you the guy threating to go to waba and beat people up over brawl?"
Nope. Wrong guy. I was going to hit a guy in the face for being a **** head though. Almost!!!

Look at how often ladders are updated in so many leagues. After EVERY game/match/set or whatever you want to call it. How in the world is it more accurate after 3-4 months? Because opinion based PR's are updated every 3-4 months in the past? lol what kind of argument is that. You guys don't even have a point system I assume if you're updating ever 5 years.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Look at how often ladders are updated in so many leagues. After EVERY game/match/set or whatever you want to call it. How in the world is it more accurate after 3-4 months? Because opinion based PR's are updated every 3-4 months in the past? lol what kind of argument is that. You guys don't even have a point system I assume if you're updating ever 5 years.
Aren't those games also sponsored by MLG? I'm assuming you're referring to Halo, Gears, the like. Good thing Smash Bros. Brawl isn't Halo or Gears, else you'd have a viable argument.

They've got that huge database that stores everything. It's the same with with Magic: The Gathering and Yugioh. We don't have that. If you'd like to see that with this, get Brawl sponsored by MLG (good luck), and then we can talk

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Aren't those games also sponsored by MLG? I'm assuming you're referring to Halo, Gears, the like. Good thing Smash Bros. Brawl isn't Halo or Gears, else you'd have a viable argument.

They've got that huge database that stores everything. It's the same with with Magic: The Gathering and Yugioh. We don't have that. If you'd like to see that with this, get Brawl sponsored by MLG (good luck), and then we can talk
Any ladder is updated right away or ASAP. Depending if it's an automatic updated ladder or a manuelly updated one.

You need Brawl to be sponsored to create a ladder? I know a kid who makes money off of a ladder he created for Starcaft's fastest map. In fact I know 2 leagues created and ran by kids just for that unbalanced, unprofessional map. You don't need MLG or a sponsor. Just a decent IQ dude.

I like when someone tries to make Smash more professional and organized, people just want to keep it at its unprofessional level.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Then make one for us, because I have no idea how.

Also, you're the only one with any beef with the PR's. If you want to see something changed, take the initiative for yourself, please.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Then make one for us, because I have no idea how.

Also, you're the only one with any beef with the PR's. If you want to see something changed, take the initiative for yourself, please.
I'm the only one with ladder experience apparently, or anyone who does is just keeping quiet and going with the flow. You're on the power ranking group thingy. Why don't YOU put in the initiative. If you want to get together or talk on aim on a point system and ideas, then I'm all for it. I'm not going to waste my time for a bunch of people that want to go with a bad tradition though.

Desu can program or just html. I forget. He's already done waba's forums, I'm sure he can create another one or get a free or payed host. I'm sure someone in the smash community can do graphics on photoshop. I can. We can all get together and come up with a accurate point system and league ladder. That's putting in initiative. Not defending a bad ranking system.

Rayku

Smash Lord
The reason -I'm- not taking the initiative is because I'm fine with it. I have no problem with the Power Rankings we have set forth.

My AIM is raykuthunder.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Noir suggested adding a point system to the PR, and it sounded like a good idea. Any other panelists think this is cool?

Rayku

Smash Lord
Yeah. I was going over it in my head today and I had no idea how to work it accurately. Like, how OoS tournies would work and such ('cause you and I attend every tournament, and Kismet really only attends the Waba monthlies)

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. I was going over it in my head today and I had no idea how to work it accurately. Like, how OoS tournies would work and such ('cause you and I attend every tournament, and Kismet really only attends the Waba monthlies)
i originally had a point system in the first thread of this, i think i deleted all of the information. To be honest i don't think OoS tournies should reason too much more than In state tournies. Of course participating should give something, but not enough to where one tourney puts you on the map of a PR.

I wouldn't worry about it- brawl power rankings are nothing to get excited about. lol
considering everyone after the top 4 pretty much stumble over each other he's right lol.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Are only the monthly Wabas and the IC's going to be used to determine PR placements? The Cheap Fuks tournament and the Alpharetta PnT tournament had a good turn out, but some people were missing (namely Kismet), so would those tournaments still be used?

Rayku

Smash Lord
Are only the monthly Wabas and the IC's going to be used to determine PR placements? The Cheap Fuks tournament and the Alpharetta PnT tournament had a good turn out, but some people were missing (namely Kismet), so would those tournaments still be used?
Personally, I would like them both to be included. I don't know how other dudes agree to that, though.

what places get qualified? only first?
I -think- they said that top 3 get a high seed. Maybe top 5.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
dibs first seed

I called it. Now noone is allowed to take it from me.
BigLou, Rayku, ZOM~B.

Uhuh.

But yeah, I remember the IC TO said he was going to offer seeds to only the top 3 (something along the lines of - "We're only rewarding the high seeds the same way WABA rewarded cash prizes before.")

So you're gonna have to work hard Dynomite. ICE might be there too. ;P

T3h Albino

Smash Master
BigLou, Albino, ZOM~B.

Uhuh.

But yeah, I remember the IC TO said he was going to offer seeds to only the top 3 (something along the lines of - "We're only rewarding the high seeds the same way WABA rewarded cash prizes before.")

fixed for accuracy <_<

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Personally, I would like them both to be included. I don't know how other dudes agree to that, though.

I -think- they said that top 3 get a high seed. Maybe top 5.
idk id be really dissapointed if they used the cheap fuks tourney because i really considered it just a warm up tourney for this weekend. i figured "yeah i may not do so good but its not like this will be counted for the PR or anything." low and behold xD

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
BigLou, Rayku, ZOM~B.

Uhuh.

i will work hard. i wana rep the highschool smash comunity.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
idk id be really dissapointed if they used the cheap fuks tourney because i really considered it just a warm up tourney for this weekend. i figured "yeah i may not do so good but its not like this will be counted for the PR or anything." low and behold xD
No johns :p.

I got last place at the cheap fuks so don't feel so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom