• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Georgia Brawl Power Rankings - Updated 08/16/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigman40

Smash Master
I doubt he's banned. When someone's that's banned, you normally see "(6 points)" under their name. His is "Super Banned" and he has a premium account, so he most likely made that to make people think he's banned.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
F Dis list, IM DA BEST

@Lou
if youre updating this around end of NOV, how many tournaments will be used for composition?
End of November was just a guess and something I would like to see, but rayku and desu aren't too active in brawl anymore so it would just be me and calvin.

I would like to enter another brawl tournament some day.
You should :)

who's going to update this list now, desu is banned
I will probably end up making another thread when we decide to do the rankings.

I doubt he's banned. When someone's that's banned, you normally see "(6 points)" under their name. His is "Super Banned" and he has a premium account, so he most likely made that to make people think he's banned.
'

If you saw the thread he made I'm pretty sure you would agree that hes banned lol.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
=/ cmon guys
K, I'll MM Dyno,Frozen,Saltix,Tong *lol*, and BBQ in brawl with my Ice climbers.
5 dollars. Who's all down?

Rayku

Smash Lord
Lounis I'll make a thread when we get things down again. Though I may not be active in the tournament scene, I still keep up with you guys and such.

Also, @ Scatz: Desu is banned for 1 month. Nothing to do with his premium account.

Player-1

Smash Legend
P1 for panelist? Anyone who chooses RC will get top priority on my list.

Antic actually seems to be a good addition to the panelist IMO.

Player-3

Smash Hero
imo im #3, kismet and biglou above me just because im a sandbagger

im obv better than p1, he sucks

Rayku

Smash Lord
I'd support Jamaal as a panelist, although I'd like to stay on it myself. My main reason for not playing Brawl these days is because I have little to no access to it, and BBQ only wants to play Melee.

People think I'm rusty just because I don't play, but I honestly feel like I've gotten better, if anything, by not playing. My lackluster performance in teams is because Lounis and I never get a chance to practice teamwork, and my old teammate no longer plays the game.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I'd support Jamaal as a panelist, although I'd like to stay on it myself. My main reason for not playing Brawl these days is because I have little to no access to it, and BBQ only wants to play Melee.

People think I'm rusty just because I don't play, but I honestly feel like I've gotten better, if anything, by not playing. My lackluster performance in teams is because Lounis and I never get a chance to practice teamwork, and my old teammate no longer plays the game.
You have access to it yo. The real reason why you don't want to play it is because you always say brawl sucks. Come to my house sometime if you wanna play if its really about just no access.

To add on, I agree with jamaal being a panelist and i'd of course keep you on the panel because you are very knowlegeable about our brawl scene(i originally didn't know if you wanted to be on it) and attend other tournies other then waba games. (like me and calvin).

Id agree to jamaal being on the panel for being active and supportive of the community, can give unbiased opions, and cares about the community.

*edit- Just WAIT till i see Jeff again I will make sure his *** returns to smash.

Rayku

Smash Lord
You have access to it yo. The real reason why you don't want to play it is because you always say brawl sucks. Come to my house sometime if you wanna play if its really about just no access.
I say Brawl sucks because I genuinely think the concept behind victory in that game is undeserved most of the time.

I would come to your house all the time if I had a car of my own, and proper means to travel at my own will. If I can spend the night at your place like every night, I'd probably do that because then mom won't have to lend me the car every day, although that would mean you would be responsible for getting me to school at my appropriate times :/ I don't want to give you that kind of a responsibility; it's a bit disrespectful on my part.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
=/ cmon guys
K, I'll MM Dyno,Frozen,Saltix,Tong *lol*, and BBQ in brawl with my Ice climbers.
i accept
P1 for panelist? Anyone who chooses RC will get top priority on my list.

Antic actually seems to be a good addition to the panelist IMO.
P1 nothing against you but i dont think you should be a panelist. jamaal on the other hand is very active in the smash community and sets up tournaments and is very aware of who is placing higher and who is improving.
I'd support Jamaal as a panelist, although I'd like to stay on it myself.
^ this

@rayku: btw, did you ever explain how or what happened to your car?

Also: just out of curiosity, do we only count singles or singles and doubles?

BBQ°

Smash Champion
=/ cmon guys
i'm sorry, but i don't play brawl anymore. i tried playing it the other day and it felt so weird. i had this mindset that i couldn't use the c-stick, so that screwed me over. I also tried jump canceling grabs, so i just ended up jumping and airdodging. not to mention that last time i played brawl competitively (against artdude), i lost a match because i tried airdodging onto the stage and died because you can't directional airdodge in brawl. unlike rayku, not playing brawl has made me even more terrible at the game.

i might start playing brawl again if melee is inaccessible and brawl is present so i could visit my old pal, wario, but other than that, i think i'm done with the game.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
After I play melee and I try to play brawl I sometimes try to JC grabs and I just jump and airdodge. I feel so stupid, I know how you feel BBQ *but not completely lol*.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Doubles should be counted for tiebreakers if we can't figure out who places where. It doesn't have that much weight.

Rayku

Smash Lord
You *****s need to learn how to adapt lol

I only try to L-cancel things, which doesn't do anything because landing lag in Brawl is so high except with Metaknight.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i'm sorry, but i don't play brawl anymore. i tried playing it the other day and it felt so weird. i had this mindset that i couldn't use the c-stick, so that screwed me over. I also tried jump canceling grabs, so i just ended up jumping and airdodging. not to mention that last time i played brawl competitively (against artdude), i lost a match because i tried airdodging onto the stage and died because you can't directional airdodge in brawl. unlike rayku, not playing brawl has made me even more terrible at the game.

i might start playing brawl again if melee is inaccessible and brawl is present so i could visit my old pal, wario, but other than that, i think i'm done with the game.
no johns, no johns.

Player-1

Smash Legend
i accept

P1 nothing against you but i dont think you should be a panelist. jamaal on the other hand is very active in the smash community and sets up tournaments and is very aware of who is placing higher and who is improving.

^ this

@rayku: btw, did you ever explain how or what happened to your car?

I was kidding...-.-, hence the word 'actually' in my next statement.

Purple

Hi guys!
So we're changing panelist then? To how many? Five? Kismet2, Biglou, Rayku, Me , and Tim as a tie breaker (i can talk to him regularly through waba work until he's unbanned *if he gets unbanned*).

Thanks guys from saying i'm part the community and such, i really only think you guys are saying that because of halloween bash though @_@.

Speaking of which i can't wait until this event is over, so i can start saving for a wii among more important things like a car.

Anyways, as for the rankings, no one's entirely consistent, desu has retired, so although he has rankings, i don't think he should be added, rayku has dropped the ball, and so has zom~B., that's practically half the PR. Which leaves more people (no offense, scrubbier people) to be put in those spots, which in the end doesn't show our true talent as a georgia state. It's going to be saddening to see these PR's come out.

@BBQ - Brawl is an easier game, in a sense you should have an easier time beating people and catching on to tricks, especially since that was your initial game. I do understand doing Melee tech in brawl can screw you up sometimes though. But if anything, you should be pulling a desu and suddenly getting better in brawl.

the only switch i can find understandable is brawl to melee. Not melee to brawl though.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I want to stay in my spot until I feel I've earned a higher number <__<.
Also Rayku hasn't really dropped the ball. He doesn't enter singles anymore, and when he does play brawl doubles he generally does pretty well.

Zom-b on major hiatus *Soku took his life D:* idk if he'll be back anytime soon either.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
you could just put me in the PR. everybody know i'm legit enough to pull a beat down on you scrubs! :p

get at my legit ICs with their crazy grab combos and lack of CGs. too pro.

*sh*t falls out of mouth from spewing so much BS*

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah boi, my luigi is the best in the world

i was talking **** to p1 about how i would wreck him with my luigi he wuz liek

"yeah i run even usually with biglou so i doubt you would come close"

i was goin liek

"bro, ill whoop your *** my luigi is #1"

and then i did

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Alright. Let me know when you guys want to update this so I can edit the first page. Or we can wait till Tim gets back. Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom