• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Georgia Brawl Power Rankings - Updated 08/16/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-3

Smash Hero
gnw is too weird

his nair mindgames me every time

its like
oh look theres the hitbox lets punish him

wtf his parachute grew and now im dead
wtf

Rayku

Smash Lord
All Foxes are bread and butter now. It's just a different level of bread and butter. I still lack control.

And I suck with Ganondorf.

I'm at a plateau.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
GUYS:

THIS IS DISCUSSION OF THE BRAWL POWER RANKINGS, AND IT IS CLEAR YOU GUYS ARE DISCUSSING melee, A CLEARLY INFERIOR GAME. THIS DISCUSSION IS 100% OFF TOPIC AND IF IT CONTINUES I WILL REPORT IT TO A MOD AND HAVE THIS TOPIC CLOSED AND ALL OF YOU BANNED.

GOOD DAY

Player-1

Smash Legend
GUYS:

THIS IS DISCUSSION OF THE BRAWL POWER RANKINGS, AND IT IS CLEAR YOU GUYS ARE DISCUSSING melee, A CLEARLY INFERIOR GAME. THIS DISCUSSION IS 100% OFF TOPIC AND IF IT CONTINUES I WILL REPORT IT TO A MOD AND HAVE THIS TOPIC CLOSED AND ALL OF YOU BANNED.

GOOD DAY
yeah, melee sucks. =)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
But I'm terrible, and I haven't gotten better since '06. I've tried.

I don't want to give my money to you >.>
rofl
if you don't know how to improve you're grasping at straws. even worse if you don't want to take advice on how to improve, it's not gonna happen.
at spsu you seemed too stubborn to take my advice <_<
i said
"practice in your room nukka"
and you quite clearly did not want to and probably won't.

clearly you're at a plateau which is why you switched to ganon because you could see improvement with him, but it looks like you're just at the same plateau with him again.
l2takeadvice

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Yeah really. People say Ganon isn't good because of his recovery. Well guys, wake up. The metagame now is if you're offstage you're not coming back... doesn't matter which character you are except Jigglypuff and Peach (LOL guess what... GENESIS)
The metagame now is who can kill the fastest. Ganondorf can kill in 2 moves.

Ganon is the future.

Rayku

Smash Lord
rofl
if you don't know how to improve you're grasping at straws. even worse if you don't want to take advice on how to improve, it's not gonna happen.
at spsu you seemed too stubborn to take my advice <_<
i said
"practice in your room nukka"
and you quite clearly did not want to and probably won't.

clearly you're at a plateau which is why you switched to ganon because you could see improvement with him, but it looks like you're just at the same plateau with him again.
l2takeadvice
I know what you said. And I guess you just didn't really hear me when I said that I have done that for the past 2-3 years with people. It's not that I don't know what I'm doing wrong most of the time, it's that I cannot physically do it yet.

I switched to Ganondorf because he's a Zelda character that's not Sheik (Can't get the grasp of Sheik for some reason), and I can actually do okay against Falco.

I know exactly how to take advice. However, when it's the same advice that I've been given for years, it's kind of unnerving when I've been trying my ****ing hardest to do that, and it just won't work. It's a physical limitation, nothing more. A personal problem, if you will. My complaining is just something people need to bear with me on.

Edit: And don't say it's because of Brawl. That game has done nothing but make me better. It's the stupidest excuse I've heard in regards to me.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Rayku, I think you need to start doing more stupid **** in matches. Whenever we play you always like choosing the right option, which is good, but maybe that's why you're on a plateau. I love doing stupid **** in our matches because it let's me test new things out and stuff. If you end up losing because you're doing stupid ****, I won't hold it against you, lol. We're just playing to improve, not necessarily to win.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Eh, I don't think it's a matter of right vs stupid more than it is safe vs risky.

Safe gets predictable, and thus isn't safe anymore. That's a problem I have at least. :/

Then again, I haven't played you guys yet, so I wouldn't know what you're struggling with. xD

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Eh, I don't think it's a matter of right vs stupid more than it is safe vs risky.

Safe gets predictable, and thus isn't safe anymore. That's a problem I have at least. :/

Then again, I haven't played you guys yet, so I wouldn't know what you're struggling with. xD
Eh.. it's not like that, I think. You'd have to play with Rayku a lot (like I do), to notice it I guess. He just always likes choosing the best option (usually the most unavoidable option), and I think that might be limiting him because he's not being creative, so he's always stuck on that plateau because he's not trying anything new.

Oh, and this is Melee, if that matters.

Player-3

Smash Hero
fuuuck i had to stay home today cuz im sick

if i cant go to to5 ill be very sad

bbq you gonna be there right

if so mm and friendlys all dai son

ill even marth ditto you, how hard can it be just grab fair and fsmash

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Eh.. it's not like that, I think. You'd have to play with Rayku a lot (like I do), to notice it I guess. He just always likes choosing the best option (usually the most unavoidable option), and I think that might be limiting him because he's not being creative, so he's always stuck on that plateau because he's not trying anything new.

Oh, and this is Melee, if that matters.
Ah, gotcha.

And this applies to every game, I think. lol

T3h Albino

Smash Master
i had to stay home too p-3
i tried to talk to you on aim but you wasn't on
slept till 10 and woke up and practiced melee tech, drunk some chicken noodle, and then got on the boards.

Player-3

Smash Hero
mom was like no u need to sleep ***** go sleep

slept for 2 hours and woke up and shes not here

got on the boardz

BBQ°

Smash Champion
fuuuck i had to stay home today cuz im sick

if i cant go to to5 ill be very sad

bbq you gonna be there right

if so mm and friendlys all dai son

ill even marth ditto you, how hard can it be just grab fair and fsmash
I'll be there if I can find a ride.
Also, I don't plan on playing a lot of friendlies with GA folks. I'd rather play more with OoS.

Ah, gotcha.

And this applies to every game, I think. lol
Yessir.

SleepyK

"rayku, do you practice doing the ledgehop wavedash by yourself?"
"no, i only practice doing moves in matches"
"you should practice it by yourself for a while"
"i only practice moves in matches"

Rayku

Smash Lord
"rayku, do you practice doing the ledgehop wavedash by yourself?"
"no, i only practice doing moves in matches"
"you should practice it by yourself for a while"
"i only practice moves in matches"
I guess you also ignored the part where I told you yes, I did practice it by myself, and when I did, it worked every time. Then I can't get it to work in matches.

SleepyK

so keep doing it by yourself.
that's what i said.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
When will the new update be coming out? I have been working hard on my wario trying to make it top 5 viable.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
i think my tournament results from the past 3 months have proven that I am top 5 material for ga brawl. dyno is probably one spot below me because i beat him with g&w.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i think my tournament results from the past 3 months have proven that I am top 5 material for ga brawl. dyno is probably one spot below me because i beat him with g&w.
i think i see what you have done..
on a more serious note, take the ice climbers off of alby's name. now. dude doesn't use them.
if alby's IC is accounted for then my wolf should be accounted for..

Saltix

Smash Lord
F Dis list, IM DA BEST

@Lou
if youre updating this around end of NOV, how many tournaments will be used for composition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom