• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Georgia Brawl Power Rankings - Updated 08/16/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayku

Smash Lord
You don't have to play one or the other. If you want to play both, play both. If you want to play one or the other, play that one game and don't criticize those who play Brawl. We don't rail on the Melee players, why should they rail on us?

I play both games, so I'm completely neutral. It's still tiring to see all this hate go towards "us" (Brawlers) simply because we play it.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
wow @ all his brawl hate.

Trashing their game won't make them stop playing brawl guys! we've been doing it FOR YEARS!!!! We just need to show them more melee and other shiz and they'll see the light!!

but yeah. I'm getting complaints about this so chill the hell out.
i will continue to tell the scrubs to play real games until they do or until i get banned. and you KNOW i no longer care about a ban.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
LOL well I tried.

I gotta say though. I really give the brawlers props for putting up with the trash talk from melee players. but yeah, Rayku said it best. All I know is that if someone trashes me or my crew for playing melee they end up becoming famous. LOL

speaking of my crew...I think it's about that time...

bigman40

Smash Master
LOL well I tried.

I gotta say though. I really give the brawlers props for putting up with the trash talk from melee players. but yeah, Rayku said it best. All I know is that if someone trashes me or my crew for playing melee they end up becoming famous. LOL

speaking of my crew...I think it's about that time...
Well, it's been a whole year since all the complaining about how brawl sucks has been going. It's frankly boring, dull, and kinda sad that people at this point think the exact same way as they did when it came out. So, we're not gonna care if they hate the game anymore.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Well, it's been a whole year since all the complaining about how brawl sucks has been going. It's frankly boring, dull, and kinda sad that people at this point think the exact same way as they did when it came out. So, we're not gonna care if they hate the game anymore.
To add to that:
Yeah...and we've already gotten used to the trash talk, LOL. But honestly, I like playing Melee more than Brawl, but I play Brawl because I like how the main factor of play is the mind and not the techs.

Eugenio

Smash Lord

Trashing their game won't make them stop playing brawl guys! we've been doing it FOR YEARS!!!! We just need to show them more melee and other shiz and they'll see the light!!

oh no, I don't hate brawl or the people that play it. I just think it's funny that it's a form of competition to play something designed specifically not to be competitive. It's sorta like if people decided to play competitive rockem' sockem' robots or competitive go fish. It's just silly and ridiculous and I couldn't help but to type a simple "LOL" at the expense of such a silly and ridiculous concept. Although I guess you don't see people showing up to the special Olympics and laughing, so I'll stop for now.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Trust me master E. I understand what ur saying. it's just some people here just don't digg it. And thanks for understanding. It makes things cool down easier lol

I got like 2 complaints about this already.

Eugenio

Smash Lord
Oh sh*t son, I just noticed your user name straight up says Mike G now. That's hot.

aw f*ck gotta stay on topic before I drop the internet soap

NOTHING LIKE A LEADER BOARD TO SPICE THINGS UP, EH!

SAY NOW! WHEN'S THE NEXT EVENT SO THAT I MAY ATTEND?!

AND HOPEFULLY TRY TO IMPROVE AT THIS TRUE BATTLE OF WITS AND DEXTERITY CALLED BRAWL!

YEEEAAAH!!!:bigthumbu

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I'm gonna deserve my placing as soon as I get good with Falco.

And as soon as I gimp kismet again in a match that I don't mess up in.
I feel ur pain, last tourny u did sorta bad :( ive been there. for some reson i felt like i was still tired after 12 hours of sleep. Sugary drinks help. mountian dew 46g of sugar ftw!
You don't have to play one or the other. If you want to play both, play both. If you want to play one or the other, play that one game and don't criticize those who play Brawl. We don't rail on the Melee players, why should they rail on us?

I play both games, so I'm completely neutral. It's still tiring to see all this hate go towards "us" (Brawlers) simply because we play it.
Well put sir!

Oh sh*t son, I just noticed your user name straight up says Mike G now. That's hot.

aw f*ck gotta stay on topic before I drop the internet soap

AND HOPEFULLY TRY TO IMPROVE AT THIS TRUE BATTLE OF WITS AND DEXTERITY CALLED BRAWL!

internet soap >.> come to waba's brawl tourny on the 21st or even this sat for cheap ****s, ill be there both dates :D if u get bored i somewhat started playing melee for fun but i suck, im sure ull have fun pounding on a lame purple samus player who cant even double missile. (btw teach me that, i cant get it on platforms or in air)

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Are you going to Final Round, Marty?
yup, and i will see you there, Luis. :)

i NEVER get bored of the truth.

To add to that:
I play Brawl because I like how the main factor of play is the mind and not the techs.
That is the most falsified statement I have ever read on this forum, and it borders on, if not qualifies as, libel.

good one, Eugenio

Umby

Smash Master
To add to that:
Yeah...and we've already gotten used to the trash talk, LOL. But honestly, I like playing Melee more than Brawl, but I play Brawl because I like how the main factor of play is the ledge and not the techs.
Fixed.

Had to be done. :p

BBQ°

Smash Champion
That is the most falsified statement I have ever read on this forum, and it borders on, if not qualifies as, libel.
Yeah you're right. What was I thinking.
Because of my idiocy, I am going to completely drop Brawl and play Melee. Thanks for showing me the light.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
everyone play sfiv. problem solved.

as for the melee brawl comment,

Melee - requires time and precision. Most players use one character because you can't switch characters out of whim, if your character has disadvantages, you have to get used to them and find ways to make those disadvantages hard to punish. Almost anything you do however can be punished so you have to take time into what you do.

Brawl - characters have simple learning curves that most people take advantage of, they learn characters out of whim just because of a matchup. No matter how safe you try to be, characters can waltz in and punish you (IE metaknight vs mario). Ledge camping is almost completely safe, you can throw a smash attack that normally would not work, but with tripping, would be perfectly viable.

Brawl still has it's perks if played correct i would guess, but it's an all around dumbed up game.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Melee - ...Almost anything you do however can be punished--
Uh, what? Are you sure you're talking about Melee?

A lot of the game revolves around your character being as safe as possible...in fact, a lot of stuff can't be "punished" in the way most people think. That's why the high tiers are where they are, for the most part. :/

Low tiers can do very little without being put at risk.

Space animals just jump-cancel a Shine after every god**** move. (A generalization, but you get the idea.)

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Yeah you're right. What was I thinking.
Because of my idiocy, I am going to completely drop Brawl and play Melee. Thanks for showing me the light.
...when did I say to play Melee? i don't even play Smash period anymore because i think it's dumb in comparison to other fighting games. All I said was Brawl is an awful game.

@Luis - ...what i THINK Jamaal meant is this; even though most good characters are safe in Melee if played right, if they mess up, they can be punished HARD. when Fox messes up, most characters can take a stock from him or come very close to it. in Brawl, when someone messes up, it usually just results in getting hit once or twice, then back to the defense game.

Eugenio

Smash Lord
internet soap >.> come to waba's brawl tourny on the 21st or even this sat for cheap ****s, ill be there both dates :D if u get bored i somewhat started playing melee for fun but i suck, im sure ull have fun pounding on a lame purple samus player who cant even double missile. (btw teach me that, i cant get it on platforms or in air)
I might come to that actually, I'll be the tiny white kid in the sig below me :p

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer

Um... im pretty sure more stuff goes down at waba. But we're going towards the good arc. I'm liking this, ni-pa!!~~

LOL mars!
it's not my fault when the brawlers cry MELEEEEEE!!
Awwww yeah. "When the Brawlers Cry "MELEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!"
Grr... Mike G.

If you hadn't found this first and scolded them without warning, I would have infracted them.

Curses, foiled again.

xD
next time they're all yours then. :)
WAIT WTF.

Why are my allies fighting?! YOU N**GAS ARE SETTING ME UP FOR ANOTHER BAD ARC NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Flip it ninjas!!!

Ni-pa!!~~

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
...when did I say to play Melee? i don't even play Smash period anymore because i think it's dumb in comparison to other fighting games. All I said was Brawl is an awful game.

@Luis - ...what i THINK Jamaal meant is this; even though most good characters are safe in Melee if played right, if they mess up, they can be punished HARD. when Fox messes up, most characters can take a stock from him or come very close to it. in Brawl, when someone messes up, it usually just results in getting hit once or twice, then back to the defense game.
basically, i was really referring to the edge hog sense. You notice a lot of kills when it comes to Fox's and Falcos (or any high tier), is from gimping. Roy might not be a good character in melee, but if Roy's going against a fox and fox is off the stage, Roy can easily take a stock with two or three forward smashes.

lol wtf is a wimb
in a whim is like saying in a split second, whenever you feel like it. It might not be a real word to be honest. I've heard it said but never seen it written. So eh.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
basically, i was really referring to the edge hog sense. You notice a lot of kills when it comes to Fox's and Falcos (or any high tier), is from gimping. Roy might not be a good character in melee, but if Roy's going against a fox and fox is off the stage, Roy can easily take a stock with two or three forward smashes.
Well, I certainly understand that the gimpability in Melee is quite high. That's one of my favorite things about Melee; a match can and will be turned around or finished in a split second.

But at the same time, I dislike Melee's edgeguarding; if you're knocked off the level (unless you're a surprisingly-low number of characters), you're probably going to die from an opponent doing one or two moves while they're on the stage...but I suppose one shouldn't be making that mistake in the first place, so that's just my subjective disliking.

Other than Meta Knight lameness, I like the fact that you actually have to chase the opponent offstage and outsmart him while not in a completely-favorable position to get a gimp or edgeguard in Brawl...and gimps DO happen; if you watch my sets with Kismet, you'll find that they happen at least a fair amount in higher-level play.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
Other than Meta Knight lameness, I like the fact that you actually have to chase the opponent offstage and outsmart him while not in a completely-favorable position to get a gimp or edgeguard in Brawl...and gimps DO happen; if you watch my sets with Kismet, you'll find that they happen at least a fair amount in higher-level play

Other than Meta Knight lameness, I like the fact that you actually have to chase the opponent offstage and outsmart him while not in a completely-favorable position to get a gimp or edgeguard in Brawl...and gimps DO happen; if you watch my sets with Kismet, you'll find that they happen at least a fair amount in higher-level play.
truth to that, the game as i said earlier has it's perks. But things like a forward throw to forward throw to d-air that kills all space animals is pretty bad to have in a game (incase you don't know it's in the marth : falco/fox/wolf matchups). There are alot of things that are borderline gay.

For example throwing an item that makes you slip hence giving the opponent much easier control of the stage, infinites that no amount of DI can save you from, grab release combos, etc.

I play the game competitively so obviously this isn't to bash the game, just pointing flaws.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/phb3GGMi7os&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/phb3GGMi7os&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

:29

GET CHYO BUGS BUNNY COMBOS *****, YAYHUZZ.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Tim, there is at least one tournament with decent-good people at Waba every month. It should be updated AT LEAST monthly. It's not hard, if you're keeping track accurately.

As for the people trashing Brawl. **** get a life.

Player-1

Smash Legend
truth to that, the game as i said earlier has it's perks. But things like a forward throw to forward throw to d-air that kills all space animals is pretty bad to have in a game (incase you don't know it's in the marth : falco/fox/wolf matchups). There are alot of things that are borderline gay.

For example throwing an item that makes you slip hence giving the opponent much easier control of the stage, infinites that no amount of DI can save you from, grab release combos, etc.

I play the game competitively so obviously this isn't to bash the game, just pointing flaws.
Bananas aren't a flaw...they're <3s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom