• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Official FAQ and QnA Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
if you grab them on the same frame their shine hits your hurtbox, your grab will win.

Pi

Smash Hero
Frame 0) Input dash ->
Frame 1 or 2) Dash ->
Frame 2 or 3) dash <-
Frame 3 or 4+) moonwalk

go test this, and see if u can get a moonwalk by dashing the direction ur facing, then dashing the other direction the frame after

i'm like 99% certain this works, tested in ar, and was able to replicate (albeit rarely) in real time

if this is common knowledge then forgive me but i never knew lol

u have like no momentum though

omg it's related....

also does anyone know the shieldhitstun scaling with light shields?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well with fox, sometimes i'll just flick the stick one direction, without actually running that way. it gives the dash animation without really going anywhere. then i dash in the other direction...can't really explain it...

it's more like i'm walking one direction, flick the stick in the other direction, and then try to run back before the dash animation is done. it basically acts like a moonwalk. idk if its the same thing you're talking about though.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Frame 0) Input dash ->
Frame 1 or 2) Dash ->
Frame 2 or 3) dash <-
Frame 3 or 4+) moonwalk

go test this, and see if u can get a moonwalk by dashing the direction ur facing, then dashing the other direction the frame after

i'm like 99% certain this works, tested in ar, and was able to replicate (albeit rarely) in real time

if this is common knowledge then forgive me but i never knew lol

u have like no momentum though

omg it's related....

also does anyone know the shieldhitstun scaling with light shields?
yep its a perfect moonwalk... I remember trolling the falcon boards not too long ago telling them not to even learn the roll method, just press left then right 1 frame apart.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
is a moves ability to "wobble" with a teammates grab the same as being able to reset?

or is that a different property altogether? and if so, what strength move is necessary to knock out of a grab?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
You can wobble with peach's dsmash. You can't reset with peach's dsmash. There is a formula behind what knocks through a grab, but i dont remember off the top of my head

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
you'd probably have to pivot dash to do a pc type thing. peach doesn't really keep momentum during her walk when she turns around. when she stops walking she...just stops walking.

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
So what is the input for Buffered Upsmash OOS.
Also I was just wondering how different characters like to deal with Falco Lasers.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
It could either mean you drop your shield

or more likely dropping through a platform while in your shield

Sangoku

Smash Master
Hello,

I asked in the Falco thread, since I want to main Falco, but if you have tips with other chars as well, I'd be glad =). Here's a copy paste of a part of my post:

There was just this one guy's Doc who I couldn't beat. His main strategy was full hop pill, dash attack. I read in the falco matchup thread that I could dash below the pill, but he's throwing it when he's still quite far, so I don't have time to run below. The dash attack on its own is dumb, since I can wavedash backwards-> punish (which I sometimes succeeded), but not when he first throws a pill. This is when I let him approach.

If I try to approach with SHL, he would cape it so I get stopped. And when I land a nair on his shield, I get shieldgrabbed before I can shine.

Now in close-range game he would mainly grab, dsmash and usmash. I feel these attacks are kinda quick and hard to dodge.

So if you have any idea on another character I should pick who would work well against such a Doc?

Thanks!

AXE 09

Smash Master
Hello,

I asked in the Falco thread, since I want to main Falco, but if you have tips with other chars as well, I'd be glad =). Here's a copy paste of a part of my post:

There was just this one guy's Doc who I couldn't beat. His main strategy was full hop pill, dash attack. I read in the falco matchup thread that I could dash below the pill, but he's throwing it when he's still quite far, so I don't have time to run below. The dash attack on its own is dumb, since I can wavedash backwards-> punish (which I sometimes succeeded), but not when he first throws a pill. This is when I let him approach.

If I try to approach with SHL, he would cape it so I get stopped. And when I land a nair on his shield, I get shieldgrabbed before I can shine.

Now in close-range game he would mainly grab, dsmash and usmash. I feel these attacks are kinda quick and hard to dodge.

So if you have any idea on another character I should pick who would work well against such a Doc?

Thanks!
Keep in mind that you can attack through the pill. So you could do a running SH Dair/Nair approach for an offensive option, a backwards drifting Nair/Dair for a defensive option, or simply jab/Ftilt the pill to remain in a neutral position.

:phone:

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yeah, but if I nair forward, I'm still too far to touch him and he gets me just when I land. So I often go back and end up by the ledge. =(

Thanks for answering btw.

:phone:

Sangoku

Smash Master
Oh so FD isn't good? I went there on my own =P. Maybe I should have said that I was a beginner lol.

What character would be good against Doc on FD?

Pi

Smash Hero
marth probably, can swat away pills and i think it's a not a good matchup for doc any way
doc is usually pretty good on FD though, his pills are hard to deal with once he gets them out there

Top Bottom