• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
No matter what i try i cant get giga or the alloys working on the css @.@ i have all the codes in but when i select em i just get mario, zelda, etc. any pointers?

∫unk

Smash Master
im having this problem where i use the brawl+ css code

but when i load up the game it has that screen up except the 3 individual pokemon slots are replaced with "?"

and when i put my cursor over any of them the game freezes

does anyone know what the problem is?

im using
CSS Fixes for Samus/ZSS and Zelda/Shiek V2.1 [spunit262] (6 Lines)
Custom CSS V3 [spunit262] (18 lines)
Custom Random V1 [spunit262] (10 Lines)
Independent Pokemon Engine + no wreck My Music V2 [spunit262] (11 lines)

DUB

Smash Lord
I'm new to Brawl + and I'm not even really sure what codeset I have now. I'm looking for a codeset with:

~ Current Official Brawl+ Codeset
~ Infinite Replays
~ Stage/Texture Hacks

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
I'm new to Brawl + and I'm not even really sure what codeset I have now. I'm looking for a codeset with:

~ Current Official Brawl+ Codeset
~ Infinite Replays
~ Stage/Texture Hacks

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
http://brawlplus.net/

Official Brawl+ site. The current codeset should be easy to find. Everything else you asked for is already in the codeset.

DUB

Smash Lord
http://brawlplus.net/

Official Brawl+ site. The current codeset should be easy to find. Everything else you asked for is already in the codeset.
Just to avoid confusion. Is it this one:

– Homebrew Channel Method –
Direct Link to Premade SD Package (Full, 26.0MB): Includes textures for competitive play

It says textures but will it also include the infinite replay?

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Just to avoid confusion. Is it this one:

– Homebrew Channel Method –
Direct Link to Premade SD Package (Full, 26.0MB): Includes textures for competitive play

It says textures but will it also include the infinite replay?
Infinite replay is included within the codeset. Textures mostly have to be collected yourself, but apparently the team (Chibo Sempai) gathered three textures (r/g/b) for each character.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Anyone know where i could find the NTSC codes for

Removing the % window in gameplay (removing the whole thing)
Unlimited camera angles in replays
Save NameTags in replays.

I only have them for my PAL brawl and cant find these codes anywhere =/. Is there a good site for them?

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Unrestricted Replay Camera (6 lines)
0409E934 60000000
0409E93C 60000000
0409E9AC FC201890
0409E9B8 FC600090
0409E9BC FC000890
0409E9C8 FC001890

Tags in replays [Y.S]
0404B140 38A00000

I don't know of a code that removes that entire window in gameplay, but the actual menu option written into brawl is probably the next-best thing.

Yunior597

Smash Journeyman
Hello, how do i remove the stages songs titles? For example im using custom songs but when i choose the stage it display the song name of the stage is playing...

mofo_

Smash Ace
Yunior597 : there are codes for that, a program that changes it for you, and a way to do it brawlbox....dantarion made the program and theres a guide here on how to do it via brawlbox, try checking the smash workshop 2nd page or something.

Question: Is it possible to switch stock icons w/ the dragoon icons? or switch the dragoon icons with something else? please leave me a message on my visitor page if you have an answer

Darkmega

Smash Apprentice
cause this is a request thread for codes I thought I'd ask for a couple too:

Can I have the PAL code for "No Tags" during fighting?

Also how do you exchange music for the PAL version if it's possible.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Is there a way to toggle what codes are active when you load the game through gecko? I want to play vbrawl with infinite replays but I also have brawl+ codes too. What is the easiest way to do that?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Thanks for that Gardevior =)

cause this is a request thread for codes I thought I'd ask for a couple too:

Can I have the PAL code for "No Tags" during fighting?

Also how do you exchange music for the PAL version if it's possible.
I dont think exchanging music works on pal =(, like nothing works on pal thats why i got ntsc lawl

Darkmega

Smash Apprentice
Bah, figures.... I'm on the verge of wanting NTSC too...Knew there wasn't music, but who cares, that's the reason I use an MP3 player anyway...

BUT ANYWAY!

No tags in game code please! cause I got no hud and no offscreen bubbles, now i just need no tags then I'm set... not that I can make a movie of some sort but cause I want those codes to make it just blank except the fighting so it's like watching a movie.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yeah, just not as many people work on the PAL codelist. =|

Anyways, sorry to ask a silly question, but is there anywhere i can download a recent updated codelist?

Edit: nvm i found it, but i still cant find the Removing character window in matches code ;_;.. Ive seen other people on youtube with the codes waah

Darkmega

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEONsA_aafM did you try that? I got many many many of my codes from there, and some other guy who did the same, but that's the one I found most recent... There's a humongous list file there I just grabbed the codes I wanted. all the ones I tried worked too....that is if you use PAL, if not, no can do. -.-

Only problem is apparently a certain no tags code in there only works for certain brawls, but I wasn't too sure and it didn't say what integer to set it to to make to tags for it either. T.T which is the reason I'm asking here for a definite one... I would go: "ANYWAY!" but that would be repeating myself...oh wait, I just do...

So, No tags code in game for PAL anybody? pretty please if it even exists? >.<'

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Is there a way to toggle what codes are active when you load the game through gecko? I want to play vbrawl with infinite replays but I also have brawl+ codes too. What is the easiest way to do that?
Gecko can't pick and choose what codeset to load (it goes by game ID). There isn't a working way right now. Dantarion has a buggy homebrew app that does this called Brawl Mod Launcher, but it's never worked for me.

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. I loaded the most recent version of Brawl+ into my SD card in ran it. Everything works fine, but there are two problems I need help fixing. Any help is appreciated.

1) The Custom Stages menu is gone and thus, I cannot select any of the custom stages that me and my friends have made.
2) Rumble Falls is gone, and I would like the level back.

Prawn

Smash Master
So for my senior project I'm making a custom character + texture. I have my idea and everything and have been screwing around with brawlbox and smash attacks, but I'm definitely still really clueless when it comes to a lot of the stuff.

It there anyone who would be willing to consult with me every so often and sort of "take me under their wing" and teach me some of this stuff? :/

It's just really hard to catch onto everything, I'll make sure to give lots of credit to you on the final product.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Hey guys. I loaded the most recent version of Brawl+ into my SD card in ran it. Everything works fine, but there are two problems I need help fixing. Any help is appreciated.

1) The Custom Stages menu is gone and thus, I cannot select any of the custom stages that me and my friends have made.
2) Rumble Falls is gone, and I would like the level back.
Go to brawlplus.net, the downloads section, and hit "Direct Link to Text". Then replace "Replace Wifi Waiting Room w/ Rumble Falls" or similar title with

Replace New Pork City with Wifi Waiting Room (Phantom Wings)
4A000000 90180F3A
38000000 FF000037
10000001 00000020
E0000000 80008000

and then create your own .gct using cheatmanager with the above code + all of the brawl+ ones, and you'll have rumble falls back (but no pork city).

I cannot help you with the Select Screen.

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
i heard if you add a pac file for every char...that when you play online with texture hacks...you'll be able to see the other persons texture that you assigned on YOUR SD card on your screen while you're playing with them (not talking about hacking to see what they've added for whatever texture they're playing with on their screen...but being able to see the texture you've assigned on your SD card to the character color they've chosen to play with you on WiFi)

Do I have to put a pac file for each pcs I add? i.e.:

FitCaptain00.PAC >>> FitCaptain00.pcs
FitCaptain01.PAC >>> FitCaptain01.pcs
FitCaptain05.PAC >>> FitCaptain05.pcs

etc etc etc
Or can I just do this

FitCaptain.pac >>> FitCaptain00/01/03/04/05.pcs are now covered for online play so I can look at my beautiful textures of the pcs files I've assigned to their color choice of character?

mobilisq

Smash Ace
nope you need an individual pac file for each pcs

and there is an app that will translate pcs files into pac files, but i renamed it when i downloaded it and dont quite remember the original name

i imagine someone can help you find it provided you havent already

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i'm not quite sure what you're asking, but textures can be pac and/or pcs. some textures are just pcs while others may have an included pac (for single player modes/transforming characters). if you have a texture thats just a pcs and you play online, then you will still see the texture.

DUB

Smash Lord
The Updatifier I just downloaded has infinite replays, but doesn't have textures. I got it from brawlplus.net or w/e. Do you have to add them?

JamesRaynor

Smash Apprentice
Edit: I figured it out.

Anyone know how to get the True Item Modifier to allow over 4 items or is that not possible?

angelbless

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the noob questions... but since this is a code thread :p. I was wondering, what if I already have a RSBE01.gct in the codes folder. And want to introduce new codes, for lest say PW and Dan SSe stages. What shoud I do.

-Create a new code with codemanager with the name RSBE02? or
-insert it into the previous one.. which leads to the question that .. how...:?

Thank you very much in advance :)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
The Updatifier I just downloaded has infinite replays, but doesn't have textures. I got it from brawlplus.net or w/e. Do you have to add them?
you have to add your own, yes.

Sorry for the noob questions... but since this is a code thread :p. I was wondering, what if I already have a RSBE01.gct in the codes folder. And want to introduce new codes, for lest say PW and Dan SSe stages. What shoud I do.

-Create a new code with codemanager with the name RSBE02? or
-insert it into the previous one.. which leads to the question that .. how...:?

Thank you very much in advance :)
you need to make your own gct. for this you need to get the txt file of the gct you're using, then manually add in the new codes you want. then, you plug this txt file into a gct maker (i think chibo made one...)and then activate all of the codes you want to use. then, you use that new gct in place of your current one (it should have the same name as the one you have now).

BurningCharizard

Smash Cadet
Need help.

Brawl+ just decided to stop working. When I load up Homebrewa nd gecko, it goes to the green screen with the lizard and the options, I tell it to load, it brings up the "Applying SD Codes" and other messages, the screen flashes green and goes black... and that's it. It just stays there, with no other activity (no whirring, the drive doesn't flash, nothing). I've tried updating to the latest bannerbomb and Gecko 1.9.3, then went back to 1.9.1, and I still get nothing. It reads the SD card just fine to get Gecko started.

And it just happened out of the blue. The night before it was running perfectly fine. Turned it on the next day, nothing. I'm about ready to try reformatting the Wii, though I'm gonna lose everything, so I'm hoping someone can help before I try that last resort.

JamesRaynor

Smash Apprentice
Need help.

Brawl+ just decided to stop working. When I load up Homebrewa nd gecko, it goes to the green screen with the lizard and the options, I tell it to load, it brings up the "Applying SD Codes" and other messages, the screen flashes green and goes black... and that's it. It just stays there, with no other activity (no whirring, the drive doesn't flash, nothing). I've tried updating to the latest bannerbomb and Gecko 1.9.3, then went back to 1.9.1, and I still get nothing. It reads the SD card just fine to get Gecko started.

And it just happened out of the blue. The night before it was running perfectly fine. Turned it on the next day, nothing. I'm about ready to try reformatting the Wii, though I'm gonna lose everything, so I'm hoping someone can help before I try that last resort.
Been having that problem too, you sure it's not a corrupt code?

camzy

Smash Journeyman
i'm not quite sure what you're asking, but textures can be pac and/or pcs. some textures are just pcs while others may have an included pac (for single player modes/transforming characters). if you have a texture thats just a pcs and you play online, then you will still see the texture.
You need the pac file for online play to work both ways. If you have a friend who has the same SD card setup as you do, without the character pac files, you won't be able to see his textures and he won't be able to see yours. You will still be able to see your own textures though.

Say for example I choose to play as Ragna Ike replacing his red suit against his Gambit Ike replacing his green suit. If neither texture has a pac file this is what will happen.

On my screen I'll see Ragna Ike and green Ike.

On his screen he'll see Gambit Ike and red Ike.

With both pac files, the textures will appear correctly for both players. It's always good to have the pac file anyways because some changing characters need them.

It doesn't take very long to make a pac file anyways. Lookup lz77ex. That's the pcs to pac converter.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
You need the pac file for online play to work both ways. If you have a friend who has the same SD card setup as you do, without the character pac files, you won't be able to see his textures and he won't be able to see yours. You will still be able to see your own textures though.

Say for example I choose to play as Ragna Ike replacing his red suit against his Gambit Ike replacing his green suit. If neither texture has a pac file this is what will happen.

On my screen I'll see Ragna Ike and green Ike.

On his screen he'll see Gambit Ike and red Ike.

With both pac files, the textures will appear correctly for both players. It's always good to have the pac file anyways because some changing characters need them.

It doesn't take very long to make a pac file anyways. Lookup lz77ex. That's the pcs to pac converter.
no, even if you both had the pac you will only ever see the textures you have on your sd card. even if they have another texture on a costume and they have the pac, you will only see the texture you have on that costume.

textures don't get transferred across wifi.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I just downloaded this Brawl+ autoupdater via the homebrew browser, and after updating, some of these changes don't really make sense. Last time I tried it out, I remember auto-L-Canceling. Now that is gone? Is it supposed to be like that or did my update not work? Also, I noticed Jiggz rest sux again.

What's going on?

BurningCharizard

Smash Cadet
Been having that problem too, you sure it's not a corrupt code?
I don't know. It's the same codeset I've been using for a couple of months now, never had any problems, then it just went PFFFFT.

And I've just tried using some older codesets I've had saved. So it's not the SD card or the codes.

I did try to get Super Mario Kart on the VC, but when I saw I had to upgrade to 4.2 I didn't do it. I don't know if that might have done something, but Brawl+ worked fine after I got offline and played Brawl (it was the day after this that it crapped out).

frogpony

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have the text file for the pal version of Brawl+?
If not is it possible to edit the Gct?

angelbless

Smash Apprentice
you have to add your own, yes.

you need to make your own gct. for this you need to get the txt file of the gct you're using, then manually add in the new codes you want. then, you plug this txt file into a gct maker (i think chibo made one...)and then activate all of the codes you want to use. then, you use that new gct in place of your current one (it should have the same name as the one you have now).
Ups .. So I will have to get the txt file of the last brawl update :?. Ok Thank you very much :D. One more question, is there a particular code to change the name of the music?. I know you can replace a song with a brstm one and the code of the song, but how did so many people changed the Disc song´s names to the real ones? Like Vampire Killer - Castlevania.:confused:

camzy

Smash Journeyman
no, even if you both had the pac you will only ever see the textures you have on your sd card. even if they have another texture on a costume and they have the pac, you will only see the texture you have on that costume.

textures don't get transferred across wifi.
They do. But both players have to have the texture.

So if we use Ike as an example again.

We have two textures - Gambit Ike and Ragna Ike with both pcs and pac.

Gambit Ike replaces the green colour and this is the same for BOTH players.
Ragna Ike replaces the red colour and this is also the same for BOTH players.

If there is a WiFi match Ragna Ike VS Gambit Ike, both players will see the match as it's supposed to be with both textures.

However, if only one person had Ragna Ike (both pac and pcs) and the other didn't, it won't show.

I can DEFINITELY say that is true because I have a friend who I carbon copy an SD for and we play online with perfect textures.

Prawn

Smash Master
So for my senior project I'm making a custom character + texture. I have my idea and everything and have been screwing around with brawlbox and smash attacks, but I'm definitely still really clueless when it comes to a lot of the stuff.

It there anyone who would be willing to consult with me every so often and sort of "take me under their wing" and teach me some of this stuff? :/

It's just really hard to catch onto everything, I'll make sure to give lots of credit to you on the final product.
just quoting this again to see if anyone will help.

also, i've been exploring all of this myself,

I downloaded brawlbox and the textures you can get from the thread, I see pictures of people with entire models of characters and I can't seem to find where you got those from can anyone direct me? I have "fitganon.pac" or whatever etc. but I can only open what seems like the objects they create

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Ups .. So I will have to get the txt file of the last brawl update :?. Ok Thank you very much :D. One more question, is there a particular code to change the name of the music?. I know you can replace a song with a brstm one and the code of the song, but how did so many people changed the Disc song´s names to the real ones? Like Vampire Killer - Castlevania.:confused:
i believe that you can do it through BBox, but i'm not sure.

They do. But both players have to have the texture.

So if we use Ike as an example again.

We have two textures - Gambit Ike and Ragna Ike with both pcs and pac.

Gambit Ike replaces the green colour and this is the same for BOTH players.
Ragna Ike replaces the red colour and this is also the same for BOTH players.

If there is a WiFi match Ragna Ike VS Gambit Ike, both players will see the match as it's supposed to be with both textures.

However, if only one person had Ragna Ike (both pac and pcs) and the other didn't, it won't show.

I can DEFINITELY say that is true because I have a friend who I carbon copy an SD for and we play online with perfect textures.
no, what you are seeing is your texture playing off of your sd card. the texture data is not transfered over wifi. it is a localized edit to your game. the reason both people see the same texture when they both have it on their sd card is because the same texture is being loaded locally on their wiis. its why if you save a recording of you playing with textures and then send it to your friend they will see the same fight (assuming same codeset) but with whatever textures they have set up on their sd. their is no file transfer over wifi outside of button input.

hence, if you have the ragna ike texture on your sd but the other person does not, you will see ragna on your wii even though he won't see it on his.

Top Bottom