• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chckn

Smash Ace
So, in conclusion, there's really not one amazing thing to base a tier list off of. Tourney results, matchups, potential, and even personal experience all have a near equal role in determining a tier list. It just so happens that of these things, tourney results are the most concrete and factual, yet they still are quite flawed.
So if I personally play really good Jigglypuffs I should take that into account as much as tournament results when making a tier list?

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i have the hardest time vs good diddy players. anyone face pro diddy players? lol like wtf are you suposed to do if your trying to dodge and keep bananas off the field the whole match

Heavenly Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeavenlySpoon
However, Jigglypuff has a whole lot of problems. Lack of range, killing moves other than rollout and fsmash, and her ability to gimp peoples recoveries isn't as good at MK.
Maybe next time use a character you actually know something about as reference?

Jiggly's most prominent kill-moves are sweet-spotted fair and dair-to-rest, rollout flat out sucks and f-smash is the definition of laggy, heck, I kill more people with my bair or uair than with my f-smash...
Also, her DI-game helps her "lack of range", especially with fair, where you just need to DI to your opponent, hit with the sweetspot and DI back, giving it that bit of extra range and making it harder to punish (although there's barely any lack to punish anyways). Fair's range isn't even that bad.

I'm not saying Jiggly beats MK, lol, not at all, I'm just saying your argument is flawed, why not comment on her weight and lack of priority, her real problems, instead of sucking some stuff out of your thumb, okay?

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I was bored so I did the math and Mew2king make up a little less that 120 points for Dedede. He also seconds metaknight so that means metaknight got a nice boost, not that metaknight needed it anyway. Tournament data is and can be useful we just can't look at it blindly. "Oh look Ness has 30 points he must be higher than we expected." "Oh look Timotee won a 70 person tournament with Ness and has bumped him up higher than he probably should be." If you want to use tournament data I suggest we start looking past the ranking list and looking at Ankoku's source. Then we have data but it is still up to the tier list creator's interpretation.

EggZavier

Smash Rookie
My tier list.

Top: Metaknight, Snake, G&W, Falco, and King dedede
High:Marth, Lucario, Wolf, Toonlink, Pit, Diddykong, Ice Climbers, R.0.B, and Wario
Middle:pikachu, Fox, Mario, Ivysaur, Olimar, Luigi, Ike , Squirtle, and Charzard
Low:peach, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Bowser, Ness, Kirby, and DonkeyKong
Bottom:Samus, Captain Falcon, Sheik, Link, Lucas, Ganondorf, and Zelda

Bottom tier Does not mean that character is bad but underused.

Mmac

Smash Lord
My tier list.

High:Marth, Lucario, Wolf, Toonlink, Pit, Diddykong, Ice Climbers, R.0.B, and Wario
Middle:pikachu, Fox, Mario, Ivysaur, Olimar, Luigi, Ike , Squirtle, and Charzard

No... Just.... No

Pieisthebest

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0430-8304-2774
Most up to date character rankings chart:

S: Snake, Meta Knight
A: King Dedede, Mr. Game & Watch, Wario, Marth
B: ROB, Falco, Lucario, Olimar, Donkey Kong
C: Ice Climbers, Wolf, Fox, Pit, Kirby, Diddy Kong, Zero Suit Samus
D: Peach, Ness, Zelda, Toon Link, Pikachu, Sonic, Ike, Samus, Pokémon Trainer, Bowser, Luigi
E: Lucas, Mario, Jigglypuff, SheikZelda, Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Link
U: Ganondorf, Sheik

Dedede is back down with the rest of the A ranks

Wario > Marth
B rank is now all the past A ranks + DK
C rank is really nice, a bunch of mid tiers as it seems
The first half of D ranks also seem mid tierish

nuff said

Most up to date character rankings chart:

S: Snake, Meta Knight
A: King Dedede, Mr. Game & Watch, Wario, Marth
B: ROB, Falco, Lucario, Olimar, Donkey Kong
C: Ice Climbers, Wolf, Fox, Pit, Kirby, Diddy Kong, Zero Suit Samus
D: Peach, Ness, Zelda, Toon Link, Pikachu, Sonic, Ike, Samus, Pokémon Trainer, Bowser, Luigi
E: Lucas, Mario, Jigglypuff, SheikZelda, Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Link
U: Ganondorf, Sheik

Dedede is back down with the rest of the A ranks

Wario > Marth
B rank is now all the past A ranks + DK
C rank is really nice, a bunch of mid tiers as it seems
The first half of D ranks also seem mid tierish

nuff said

Yoshi above Falcon is LOL.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
My tier list.

1. Where the hell is Sonic?
2. This list sucks
3. Where the hell is Sonic?

cman

Smash Ace
So how about that infinite metacape? Is this the new tier list?

Snake Tier:
MK

Top Tier:
Snake

Rest Tier:
Others

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
as long as i know that zelda can win then its all green from here :D

Mmac

Smash Lord
What was it that bumped Yoshi? I know Pride has been winning or placing top 4 often but they were only small tournaments. What was it that suddenly ranked him?
Bwett placed in the Top8 in 3 minor tournaments. and KO Placed also in the Top8 in a Major Tournament. If my calculations are correct, he's at 4.75625 now

Um... have you seen the new MK AT? Yeah... no one can win anymore except MK.
It's likelyit will be banned, considering it's a major stalling technique that's completely anti-competitive. Granted, it COULD be used as a means to get out of a tight spot, but there would have to be a line between Stalling and actual usage of the technique.

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
@Sam: I don't think Sonic is garbage at all. I've played against good Sonics.

On the topic of tiers, I don't see him rising up very soon due to the infrequency of his use. I think any character can be played well, it just takes more time in some cases.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Yeah any character can be played well but as you know, SNake and MK just outdo everyone when it comes to this =(

Yeah Soni can be used well but he won't be high tier. At best he can be upper mid tier but thats a stretch.

Either way he performs too well to be in low or bottom.

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
I'm one of the noobs who will always say that tiers don't define the overall playability of a character. I run a fairly solid Captain and an intense PT but I don't expect them to leave low/bottom tier soon, if ever.

cman

Smash Ace
So how about that infinite metacape? Is this the new tier list?

Snake Tier:
MK

Top Tier:
Snake

Rest Tier:
Others
I retract this statement, as it has already been declared banned. Back to your usual boring tier lists people.

Even if they did, No who ever used it really >_>.

They wouldn't ban the move outright, they'd just ban the stalling potential it has, because it's completely impossible to stall with it on accident.

cman

Smash Ace
It's really easy to tell if the move is done normally or if you are trying to extend it because you have to slam the c-stick really quickly. So the basic move isn't banned.

gantrain05

Smash Master
It's likelyit will be banned, considering it's a major stalling technique that's completely anti-competitive. Granted, it COULD be used as a means to get out of a tight spot, but there would have to be a line between Stalling and actual usage of the technique.
except when the hell is MK ever in a tight spot, nobody can combo him, he has absolutely 0 hitstun and has the fastest attacks in the game, there is no excuse for it lol.

Mmac

Smash Lord
except when the hell is MK ever in a tight spot, nobody can combo him, he has absolutely 0 hitstun and has the fastest attacks in the game, there is no excuse for it lol.
Yoshi and a few others can ChainGrab him... Plus MK isn't a god anyways....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom