• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
it's seriously sakurai's birthday!? wait one sec...

(checks wikipedia)

HOLY F***IN A** CRACKERS!! he's gonna be 37 tomorrow! i hope he does something big for his birthday bash

EDIT: technically in japan, it's august 3rd right now, so...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAKURAI!!
yup, he's 37, god I wonder if it will be a big update?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
if it was smash, i'd work on freakin christmas!!

oh sariku, i got a complaint. i really don't think you should list whether a stage is tourny legal or not, cause at this point we don't have enough info to see whether or not they will be legal

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I really don't think it's lava. I'm pretty sure it's just the fact that the contrast makes it really bright. I mean, look at how off-color (bright) the characters are. I would guess it's a cave with water, not a lava pit of some sort. That wouldn't even make sense to have under a castle. Just a thought.

I agree about tourney legal stuff. I hate that. Besides, the majority of banned stages are because they offer advantages to certain (ahem, Fox) characters. We don't even know how characters will play this time around.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
o.O I tried posting earlier, but it wasn't working, so now I can speak clearly since I've calmed down....OMFG SUBSPACE EMISSARY!! ;.;

What an awesome update for Sakurai's b'day, thanks!

Who's the green haired woman in front of Pit in that one screenshot??

ten

Smash Cadet
she will probably be put on the site next week as a veteran character returning.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
it looked more like a monster from DK jungle beat
and who is this person pitt is looking at

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Yes, good job Sariku, and OMG amazing update!
I have to agree on the fact that that is Palutena, back it's still hard to tell at the moment.

OMG! What a great update! So much confirmed! This has been by far the greatest week for updates by far!

Peach Confirmed!
Palutena Semi-Confirmed!
Robot Spawning Confrimed! (Looks like we have to fight a bunch of them with Kirby, Peach, and Zelda (probably depends on the character(s) you choose)

It seems like The Halberd shows up everywhere to spawn those puppet things, and you have to fight them. After that you move from world to world through the side-scrolling levels and defeat (and possibly avoid some of the time) the enemies as you scroll through. Idk, I may have looked at it wrong.

For the beginning, I think the majority was right on the fact that Mario and Kirby fought, Mario won, but brought Kirby back to life, then everyone cheers because they're such good sports. (I wouldn't have even guessed there WERE people there, but I'm sure you can clearly see it before the battle) Then The Halberd arrives and sends those things to "finish them off" seeing as they broke the rules. Why The Halberd though, I have no idea...

Once more with the cloud thing, I laughed when I saw this because those clouds with Bowser and whoever and whoever in it were only seen for a small fraction of a second really... they were not the main focal point in the video and were not up long enough to be intentional. Even though I thought maybe Bowser WAS up there, I really don't think those clouds are supposed to form anything anymore.

Congratulations Sakarai, you've blown us away once again, and Happy Birthday!:)

EDIT: I just looked at the picture a little more, and it is definately Palutena, look at these pictures... (especially pay attention to the hair, and the dress)

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
I cant believe nobody predicted that yet.

Maybe shes just a non playable character.

Pit goes to HER for help and she gives him powers.

I'm such a critic.

I really want Goemon to be in it.

Seriously. He kinda fits the whole Shieky style, if hes going to be replaced, replace him with Goemon.

Goemon's Adventure (N64)

Also, I'm guessing the robot spawning will be like, a bunch of the goo gathers in one spot and it appears.

Giant Smashman :O!

Sandy

Smash Champion
I must say this was a great week for updates... actually the greatest so far... we got Ike, Castle Siege and then this... In the words of Princess Jasmine from Aladdin "Its all so magical" lol

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Well, there goes the "trophies turning into..."

SMASHMEN!!!11!!11!!one

In fact, there goes the Mario and Kirby breaking the rules thing.

TOLD YA!

jb254

Smash Apprentice
Can't believe all of this is in the same DVD game disc. Sakurai must have found a revolutionary way to compress all of this awesomeness.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I think its clear that the movie was a shortend version of the final one because the didnt even show mario and kirby as trophies or when mario beats kirby from the screens of the "this world" update.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
so we finally get a glimpse of the adventure mode. i wonder if it will be like the last game and have battles in between? but it looks like we got a few new details...

obviously peach is confirmed, so that's cool for all the peach fans. and we'll get to see a wide variety of the nintendo world, cause it looks like characters have their own problems to deal with (Pit having to see Palutena for instance). and cutscenes galore! this has never been dreamed of in a smash game. it looks like a single player i've wanted, where each character has a unique story and it interlinks with everyone else's.

by far the best week of updates

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Probably Plateunia what ever her name is.
Yeah, I saw another thread where someone said her name...I guess she's like the Peach of Kid Icarus

Also, it looks as though Link and Yoshi may start out the same way Mario and Kirby do from one of the screenshots....and then the Halberd comes to them as well

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol peach.

I like this idea. Its like adventure mode in melee but a lot more clever and without actual or modified matches.

~TILT~

Smash Journeyman
The updates this week were by far the best ive seen, dont know who Ike is but he looks hot,
the stage looks hot, zelda's farore's wind looks hot, peach still looks cheap but the new adventure mode looks hot =D

dan smith

Smash Champion
I will agree with everybody, this was a great update.

I also agree that Link and Yoshi seem to be paired in that one picture.

My main question revolves around the Halberd. Is Metaknight going to be the primary villain of the game? It sure seems that way...and it's maybe a little odd. I hope the hands are retained.

...and yeah, sock monkey robots are definitely replacing wireframes?

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
I will agree with everybody, this was a great update.

I also agree that Link and Yoshi seem to be paired in that one picture.

My main question revolves around the Halberd. Is Metaknight going to be the primary villain of the game? It sure seems that way...and it's maybe a little odd. I hope the hands are retained.

...and yeah, sock monkey robots are definitely replacing wireframes?
Well for one, you see a pic where you play as meta knight, so he can't be the final guy, somebody controls him or his ship in the beginning

i'm sure the hands are still in, mabey a greater force too.

And the sock puppets arn't replacing the wire frames. They're seen throughout the entire adventure mode. I don't think the wire frames were?

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Well for one, you see a pic where you play as meta knight, so he can't be the final guy

Doesn't mean anything. Giant Bowser was the boss of Adventure Mode in Melee but you could still play as him. I do think MetaKnight can't be the final boss, but that's just because he isn't as well-known as Bowser. If the final boss is going to be a roster member, it would be Bowser, with MetaKnight as the previous boss.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Doesn't mean anything. Giant Bowser was the boss of Adventure Mode in Melee but you could still play as him. I do think MetaKnight can't be the final boss, but that's just because he isn't as well-known as Bowser. If the final boss is going to be a roster member, it would be Bowser, with MetaKnight as the previous boss.
You can play as Giant Bowser?

M.K

Level 55
Plus, if you've ever played the Kirby games somewhat, you would know that Meta-Knight just shows up whenever the **** he wants to, whether it be at the beginning, the middle, or the end of a stage.

Sariku

Smash Master
Thread Update.

Game Modes > Adventure Mode > The Subspace Emission.

Truthfully, I find the URL of the pages more interesting this time around. If you see the URL, it says http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea02.html.

Now look at /modea/ in it. This means that it is only ONE mode in this. And it stands for the adventure section, as the original link just says /modea/, with /modea02.html just being for the accuall post, not the whole thing. But to get on point with this rant, the /modea/ thing could mean one of two things. It is probably the first, there will be Classic Mode, Adventure Mode, and so on. But it it's the other, you can hope to see later /modeb/. Again, this could be classic mode, but it could also be ANOTHER adventure mode, as there could be unlockable modes, as there was event matches. Or even Downloadable adventures, from the WiiShop Channel?

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
I doubt that's true, but that doesn't mean they won't be in the game.

Sakarai would most likely be the first to reveal that information.

EDIT:

Truthfully, I find the URL of the pages more interesting this time around. If you see the URL, it says http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea02.html.

Now look at /modea/ in it. This means that it is only ONE mode in this. And it stands for the adventure section, as the original link just says /modea/, with /modea02.html just being for the accuall post, not the whole thing. But to get on point with this rant, the /modea/ thing could mean one of two things. It is probably the first, there will be Classic Mode, Adventure Mode, and so on. But it it's the other, you can hope to see later /modeb/. Again, this could be classic mode, but it could also be ANOTHER adventure mode, as there could be unlockable modes, as there was event matches. Or even Downloadable adventures, from the WiiShop Channel?
I'm not so sure, but I think instead of single-player mode, it could be called Adventure Mode instead for some reason.
The Subspace Emissionary may only be a single mode of this Adventure mode, but who knows?

Downloadable content would be awesome, I hope it happens, but only time will tell.
I think they will have downloadable content on the Wii for Guitar Hero III, so this may not be impossible.

Note to Sariku: I think you wrote Mario Kirby somewhere on the This World... update, did you mean Mario & Kirby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom