• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
I doubt that's true, but that doesn't mean they won't be in the game.

Sakarai would most likely be the first to reveal that information.
Well the story is on a billion sites now and Aonuma's designers were working on the character models (Link Sheik and Ganondorf). What they mean when they say "tweaked" is what I'm wondering. I'm surprised it hadn't come up here, especially since this is SWF...

edit/// Actually there is a thread for it but I missed it.

Anyway, he says that the models are in, so I think there will be sheik, ganondorf (and duh.. Link) in the game in some way. Ganondorf is practically a given as a character, but if Sheik were to change, she would probably be an AT. Now just think of how likely it is that Sheik is an AT...

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Ok, so Adventure Mode now has movies in them, so i'm guessing that they have ending movies also. It shows some movies on the site, one of them has Zamus on it. So does this mean that Zamus has her own story, if so you must be able to pick her as a playable character. I might be wrong but, it might be right.

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
Thread Update.

Game Modes > Adventure Mode > The Subspace Emission.

Truthfully, I find the URL of the pages more interesting this time around. If you see the URL, it says http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea02.html.

Now look at /modea/ in it. This means that it is only ONE mode in this. And it stands for the adventure section, as the original link just says /modea/, with /modea02.html just being for the accuall post, not the whole thing. But to get on point with this rant, the /modea/ thing could mean one of two things. It is probably the first, there will be Classic Mode, Adventure Mode, and so on. But it it's the other, you can hope to see later /modeb/. Again, this could be classic mode, but it could also be ANOTHER adventure mode, as there could be unlockable modes, as there was event matches. Or even Downloadable adventures, from the WiiShop Channel?
{Bust Bubble}
The topic "This world..." is /modea01...So no...sad to say this does NOT comform anything...v-v;

Though the idea of downloadable content is intreging! maybe even more AT, stages, hell even BG music! XD

Ryuujiin

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so Adventure Mode now has movies in them, so i'm guessing that they have ending movies also. It shows some movies on the site, one of them has Zamus on it. So does this mean that Zamus has her own story, if so you must be able to pick her as a playable character. I might be wrong but, it might be right.
It shows in Metroid Prime 3 that she just doesn't have her suit on when she's sleeping. Watch it here.

SmashZ

Smash Cadet
{Bust Bubble}
The topic "This world..." is /modea01...So no...sad to say this does NOT comform anything...v-v;
That doesn't contradict anything that he said, "This world..." also was about Subspace Emissary, which is modea. He's saying that other adventure modes might be modeb or modec.

Anyway, I also thought about the possibility of other Adventure modes due to the naming scheme of that site, but I noticed that the Adventure Mode general index is called /modea/, while the specific pages are modea01 and modea02, so that doesn't show that there are more adventure modes, as it seems that modea is the codename for the Adventure mode in general. Modeb, modec, etc probably will be Classic, All Star, etc. Of course, that doesn't mean there's no possibility of another adventure mode, but it doesn't prove anything.

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
I think his is how the Subspace emmisionary will go...

All the evil characters have joined up and all the good ones are joining up, to fight through different worlds to achieve thier own goals. The go on there own sometimes, but go around in pairs or teams for some of the journey. Each character has another one randomly assigned to it to be its partner. If you play as the good guys, Metaknights ship comes, as its the biggest veihcle any of the bad guys have. They try to make life had for the heros. If you play as a bad guy, a simular effect will take place. Heros come, try to stop the villains, dont know how. Each character has its own personal story based on the game that they are from, that links with the other characters stories. E.G: Link could be on his quest and finds himself in a dense wood, lost, and at a dead end due to a cliff. Yoshi could be trying to complete his own task and finds himself in the same wood with Link. Metaknight comes and drops the nasty purple prats. So in every story, some fights will be the same, and you are likely to see all the characters. You have to fight each member of the oppsing team like a boss, the order depends on the character. Bowser would be the last peson Mario fights but Metaknight is the last Kirb fights, for example.

Whaddya think?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I think his is how the Subspace emmisionary will go...

All the evil characters have joined up and all the good ones are joining up, to fight through different worlds to achieve thier own goals. The go on there own sometimes, but go around in pairs or teams for some of the journey. Each character has another one randomly assigned to it to be its partner. If you play as the good guys, Metaknights ship comes, as its the biggest veihcle any of the bad guys have. They try to make life had for the heros. If you play as a bad guy, a simular effect will take place. Heros come, try to stop the villains, dont know how. Each character has its own personal story based on the game that they are from, that links with the other characters stories. E.G: Link could be on his quest and finds himself in a dense wood, lost, and at a dead end due to a cliff. Yoshi could be trying to complete his own task and finds himself in the same wood with Link. Metaknight comes and drops the nasty purple prats. So in every story, some fights will be the same, and you are likely to see all the characters. You have to fight each member of the oppsing team like a boss, the order depends on the character. Bowser would be the last peson Mario fights but Metaknight is the last Kirb fights, for example.

Whaddya think?
well, since it is focused on character development as well, i just have something to add. remember how sakurai said he wanted more females in teh game? maybe he wanted them to play a part as well, and if there is a different team up for each set of characters, does that point to co-op?

go samus!

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
well, since it is focused on character development as well, i just have something to add. remember how sakurai said he wanted more females in teh game? maybe he wanted them to play a part as well, and if there is a different team up for each set of characters, does that point to co-op?

go samus!
Nice idea! Like 1 or 2 girls join each team at some stage like Peach and Zelda did!

And yeah, I did think of co-op... that would suit this perfectly... but Sakurai said that this is something to make the single player become as awesome as the multiplayer. So, I dunno.

I've thought of something else as well. The big stage in "this world" and subspace emissary doesnt actually look ideal for fighting, and im guessing that this might be the first and last place you fight during the adventure. This would give the perfect reason to use a stamina-mode-style battle scheme for these matches, as there is no where to get off the stage exept up... but the stands surrounding are really high. This would explain the being defeated, then turn into a trophy thng a lot better. On the first fight, you fight until your health reaches zero, and then you reach a cut scene where the loser turns into a trophy. During the cut scene, the good guys (if you are fighting as one of them) will revive te other and shke hands, breaking the rules. The bad guys (if you choose one of these) will leave thei opponent, essentially dead, which will annoy the crowd because that is evil and they dont care about the rules. If you won te fight, you go on one journey, and if you lose, you have to go on a different, crappier one. The last fight will see you returning to the big stadium, fighting master and crazy hand. They have the stamina-healthbar-counter-thingy like in melee, and you will have your normal percentage life (because they can hit you so hard that you could fly out through the walls).

As I said last time with my other LONG post... whaddya think?

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I think Kirby and Mario fight for the "royalties entertainment" sort of thing, then the black things come. Mario gets his *** kicked and he is captured along with the others. As the ship flies away with them inside, Zelda comunicates with Link through the triforce or something and he goes to save her but he needs help. She tells him Mario and Peach are there too and so Link goes to get Yoshi for help. He finds Yoshi but they are too late.
Mario: imprisoned
Peach and Zelda: escape and have to save Mario and Kirby
Kirby: Has to fight Meta Knight on the ship to his doom
Link and Yoshi: Travel following the ship
Along the way: Samus and Fox are imformed and come to help (Fox being shot at by Halberg)
Pit is on his own quest and Platuna tells him they're (Peach ect.) in danger and he later leaves to find them.
After Kirby fights Meta Knight, Meta Knight tells Kirby that the "dark magic guys" have taken over his ship and he's just playing along as a bad guy to find a way to stop them or find their plan.
At the end, Master hand has devised a plot to put an end to the SUPER SMASH BROS forever.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Only one problem is, Mario is completely immune to getting his a** kicked. I'm sorry but he's just... too good...
ROFL
okay, he escapes too and meets with Link and Yoshi on the ground while he's fighting the remaining.....HOLY **** THAT'S IT

ok, the dark energy dudes just attack mario cause they're really after the royalty and Kirby (for Meta Knight) so they just fight Mario and stall him so he can't stop them all. While he's fighting, Yoshi and Link arrive and Mario tells them what happened. Mario and Link (make a great hero team) devise a plan to save them so they go their sepperate ways (together sometimes) to warn the other smash bros. They make it to Samus, Fox and Pit but....
BTW Yoshi is sent to track the ship.
Meanwhile: some of the other smash bros are attacked too, (Ike, DK, Bowsers catsle is invaded, Pickachu is caught LOL, ect.... are attacked
some escape.....some don't

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
The cutscenes must be hard to make for Brawl since the characters don't really have voices....(that is besides the occasional grunt or yell)

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
^^^ Ya... I mean, they've done a good job on that one that we've seen, probably cutscenes like that...

EDIT: Did anyone else realize that's the second time that Peach has "Ohh..."ed suprized in a stadium beside another female character.....that fraction of second DEJA-VUed me, lol...

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I guess they could communicate through their actions, but teamwork may be an issue if there's no verbal communication..... ><

Mario: Woohoo!
Link: Striiiiiiiaaahh!
Pikachu: Pika?

Sariku

Smash Master
Wow you guys are making me crack up! Lol, well I'm gonna continue workign on the thread. Right now its how to play. If you have any quirks or such with it, post now or forever hold your peace.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
WTF.... in the How To Play section of your posts, it seems like your talking about items in the description...hmm... perhaps I've gone crazy, lol, in any case, it's okay, and I still can't get over how well done your banners are. Props to you and whoever else helped you make them. :)

Sariku

Smash Master
WTF.... in the How To Play section of your posts, it seems like your talking about items in the description...hmm... perhaps I've gone crazy, lol, in any case, it's okay, and I still can't get over how well done your banners are. Props to you and whoever else helped you make them. :)
No no, your right. I did put Items in How To Play, which I'm now about to fix. Fanewgie pointed that out. Speaking of Fanewgie...

He made all the banners I use, so make sure you thank him! I think their awesome.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
i for one think Meta-knight got his ship jacked. But thats Just My Opinion
I'm thinking either he's a important villian in the story, or the ship is similar/a copy of it. BTW, doesn't in one of the pics it show Metaknights [the group that Meta Knight leads] fighting Meta Knight=??? I thought that was odd.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I hate those Smash-Bots i prefer they stick with the wire frames

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I only call them smash-bots because people actually know what i'm talking about when i say that, i was at least expecting to see the smash symbol on their red circles on their outfit

Sariku

Smash Master
lolz, but I'm pretty sure that Sakarai already stated that they're called the Fartemups, then someone put a gun to his head and he renamed to something not stupid, lmao.
Thats right. Since the gun went to the head, he decided to choose the name of his Biggest fan, Sariku. Its a japanese style name, so mines already in better hopes than yours.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Thats right. Since the gun went to the head, he decided to choose the name of his Biggest fan, Sariku. Its a japanese style name, so mines already in better hopes than yours.
That's true... but seriously, I think I'm going to go with Moon Monkey and call them Smash-Bots for now on, at least until Sakarai fills us in on their actual name.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Pretty neat! TY for that Sariku. ^_^

BTW, those smash-dark-blobby-Mii-like-cuby-things look cool. Here's to hoping all the bosses and enemies from SSB64 and Melee return. Wireframes, Fighting Polygon Team, the Hands, Giga Bowser, Metal Mario, the new wierd guys, all of them in BRAWL! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom