• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
People KEEP saying that it is an action shot of Zamus but I highly doubt she is using an attack. I still think it's the lag of a move that has just been used. And what the heck?
The Hypnotist said:
But come on, we even got some new ZZS stuff (Forward Smash).
Who says it is a Fsmash? If that is an Fsmash, it looks weak. I highly doubt it.

The Hypnotist said:
Back to the Yoshi level update. I think I'm really going to love that level. I've always wanteda level with ONE platform.
Basicly, DK's second level in Melee (with the shack thing, forgot the name for a moment) is the same as this level. Except for the 2 platforms on the sides (although in Yoshi's level, they eventually pop up because of the Ghost).

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i just noticed something looking at the screenshots. pikachu, compared to ZS Samus, is kinda huge. i know about resizing and everything, but...holy crap

EDIT: i also noticed wheels on the crates in pics 3 and 4. that probably explains it's ability to go downhill like the barrel

EDIT 2: sorry just realized the wheels are what makes the "sliding boxes"

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
wow i feel it's been ages since i was last here, anyway we can really expect to see Ridley because of yesterday's update, as for the crates and boxes i really hope that there is an option to turn them off when you only want a specific item for example just pokeballs without capsules, crates, boxes

jb254

Smash Apprentice
Aw man, a crate that takes the form of a giftbox? There goes my idea that the Nintendog item was going to be a giftbox, hehe.

The sliding crate seems like a much easier way to toss a crate at your opponent. Carrying the crate and then throwing it was always too impractical (unless you play as Donkey Kong) in Melee. I also like the idea of one of the previous posters, about riding on the side of the barrel. Just like in Donkey Kong Country. There was no mention of the crates and barrels exploding, either. As long as it doesn't, I think I'm going to be playing with the items on much more often.

As for Pikachu being huge compared to ZS Samus, it does seem kinda weird. But Pikachu seems to be the right size compared to Wario. It could be just the camera angle.

Anyway, this was a very good update!

Shark X

Smash Lord
as for the crates and boxes i really hope that there is an option to turn them off when you only want a specific item for example just pokeballs without capsules, crates, boxes
Seriously, the exploding crates, capsules, and barrels are the one reason I don't play with items in Melee. I'm used to throwing capsules down at my feet, but those suckers kept exploding, so I got sick of it.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I just hated the fact when I would grab a capsule and throw it down on the floor and suddendly explodes on me which often times made me lose to pathetic n00bs would would brag about how good they are, when in fact it was myself that got beaten

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Um. What the heck is that futuristic stage?

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
People KEEP saying that it is an action shot of Zamus but I highly doubt she is using an attack. I still think it's the lag of a move that has just been used. And what the heck?

Who says it is a Fsmash? If that is an Fsmash, it looks weak. I highly doubt it.
It looks like a dashing attack to me.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
It looks like a dashing attack to me.
Yes that's exactly what I thought too. It looks like a forward attack and we have already seen her Ftilt in the 2th trailer.

EDIT: Holy cow, I didn't notice the wheels on the moving crates! Lol, that explains why they can actually slide.

2l82masterb8

Smash Rookie
^^^Thats an interesting thought. Maybe we can't pick up the boxes to throw anymore. But if we can, then how is the crate supposed to slide when thrown up or down?

Stryks

Smash Hero
U CAN carry the boxes, check mario lifting the present/box thing in yoshis island, im bettin the one with wheel can only be pushed or u can throw the box so it can gain more speed...

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
O rly? Duh, but why should a 'sliding crate' slide while a normal crate doesn't when you hit it? The answer is obvious: The wheels.
it's called physics. maybe if you pulled your head out your *** you'd notice the crate moves forwards in each of the three pics. things don't slide unless a force pushes them.

anyways, i really liked this update. it makes me wonder what other details sakurai has put in this game. and riding crates should be funny :)

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
it's called physics. maybe if you pulled your head out your *** you'd notice the crate moves forwards in each of the three pics. things don't slide unless a force pushes them.
Omg you really don't get it do you? I KNOW that it moves because Zamus hits it, but if Zamus would hit a regular crate, it wouldn't move. Why not? Because the regular crate doesn't have wheels!
Stick that into your flacid hairless ******* and tell 'em Boromir send ya (yeah that was a joke).

Btw, it moves forward in each of the three pics? I see only 2 pics of a crate with wheels.

BentoBox

Smash Master
And how do you know she dashed on it? It seemed pretty obvious to me that she threw the crate-new-and-improved;with-wheels! You guys like to speculate far too much.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@bentobox
you musty be ******** then. because in big letters under the picture it says right before you break the box, it goes out of reach. zzs tried to break it, pikachu sent it down the hill, careening toward wario.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
to tell you the truth guys, i really don't think samus did push the crate. i thought because pika landed on it, the weight shifted, and because part of the crate was already leaning off the platform, it fell onto the slope and rolled down. i really don't know what caused it to roll forward, but really i don't care. all i know is that it can happen and i think it's awesome

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Zamus looks like she is in a pushing motion. But it doesn't really matter. It is a small point. This weeks updates were pretty delicious, so Friday's update must be monumental.

A samus/Zamus profile would be crazy, but I seirously doubt it. I say we get Wario.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i got to ask this question, if anyone can give me an idea

i just saw something that is puzzling me, and i need an answer. this may cause a heated discussion unless someone with a sharp eye can answer.

on smashbros., if you click on the items thread, you have your list of items, right? well i can tell that the cracker launcher and gooey bomb are on the battlefield stage. but i can't tell what stage the barrel and crate are on. i've never seen that pattern on any stage before. any ideas?

Flare233

Smash Journeyman
heheh...its a reference to cricket. two things to help you understand how the phrase works:
1. hitting for six = (roughly equal to) home run (baseball).
2. imagine your the ball. ( thats probably the best way to describe it to someone whos not aussie)
now the phrase magically makes sense!
Thanks, now I understand it lol. Cricket seems like an interesting sport.

BentoBox

Smash Master
@bentobox
you musty be ******** then. because in big letters under the picture it says right before you break the box, it goes out of reach. zzs tried to break it, pikachu sent it down the hill, careening toward wario.
And again, how do you know it went out of reach? Nowhere in that quote does it say that zSam failed to grab ahold of it. For all I know, she could've thrown the box and instead of breaking when hitting the ground "Just when you think you’re going to break it open to get the prize inside..." it started rolling down the hill. Get your head out of your *** please. All your doing is interpreting stuff in your own way and pushing it up front as if it was the absolute truth. Again, how do you know pikachu sent it down the hill? All I see is pikachu standing on the box. I was right, you guys like to speculate far too much. And to be taking it this seriously makes your really sound like a tard.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
no not in the post, i know each of the stages shown there. i mean in the little picture where you can click to go to each seperate item.

i thought that too Uncle Kenny. you may be right

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
And again, how do you know it went out of reach? Nowhere in that quote does it say that zSam failed to grab ahold of it. For all I know, she could've thrown the box and instead of breaking when hitting the ground "Just when you think you’re going to break it open to get the prize inside..." it started rolling down the hill. Get your head out of your *** please. All your doing is interpreting stuff in your own way and pushing it up front as if it was the absolute truth. Again, how do you know pikachu sent it down the hill? All I see is pikachu standing on the box. I was right, you guys like to speculate far too much. And to be taking it this seriously makes your really sound like a tard.
Uh.. the reason its sliding is because Pikachu jumped on it...

1. Zamus does NOT even look closely like she is throwing it.
2. How is it on the ground and on its wheels if she threw it?
3. Even if she did, it would've exploded.
4. I don't think Pikachu would be jumping on it in the picture if it was her, not Pikachu. It would just make it seem more confusing.

Now, does anyone love how the barrels and crates change depending on what level your on? I love it, and none of them look stupid (IMO.) It's a really good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom