• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Sariku, I think you should update your title. That update was several days ago

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Well, definitely a new level, seeing as we don't have "character" music. But since this is clearly Ridley's level music, it could certainly mean that Ridley is a playable character, and he got his own stage.

Personally, I think he'll be a new character.

~Dac

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
As pointed out on GameFAQs and N-Sider, the new Metroid icon is #6 in the icon list.
Also the music is rather kick-***.

Biosage X

Smash Apprentice
i dont believe that ridley will be a character. maybe part of the backround in a level; similar to what kraid was in melee, in the brinstar depths level or whatever it was called.

soaz

Smash Ace
Well, definitely a new level, seeing as we don't have "character" music. But since this is clearly Ridley's level music, it could certainly mean that Ridley is a playable character, and he got his own stage.

Personally, I think he'll be a new character.

~Dac
i agree with this guy

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Hey guys, the music doesn't mean anything.

I support Ridley as a playble character but saying that this music confirms him is downright stupidity.

Still, it's a pretty kick a** song.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
I'll agree that Ridley's chances have gone up again, but I don't think we can say he's confirmed or semi-confirmed until we actually see him playable in the game. That being said, he is now on the list of new characters I would be very surprised not to see, along with King Dedede, Diddy Kong and Ike.

And on a side-note, I love that music! I can't think of a stage it will fit, but I love that music!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
DUH we can't say he's confirmed until Sakurai says "new character: Ridley."

But it's pretty ignorant of you guys to think that he's not going to be in. He's like #2 on the list to put in.

BTW, Ridley as a background characters would suck hard.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
DUH we can't say he's confirmed until Sakurai says "new character: Ridley."

But it's pretty ignorant of you guys to think that he's not going to be in. He's like #2 on the list to put in.

BTW, Ridley as a background characters would suck hard.
Really? In what form does this assert he's going to be in? Because if you are using this music update to varify his inclusion, I have to tell you that this only proves he is more likely to be a boss character than anything else.

I don't buy it. I want him as a full-fledged character addition but like I said, this update just makes it seem like he is a boss character, NOT a playable one. The title says it all. If they played a Bowser soundtrack or Ganondorf soundtrack, they're not going to say "Boss Battle", they are going to say "Bowser Theme" or "Ganondorf Music".

So with the inclusion of the word, "Boss" in the theme, if you are using this music update as a defense, you're just proving that he is more likely to be a boss character if anything else.

Master Hand proves that they DO make movesets from scratch for boss battles. Like I said, I support Ridley as a playable character, but if you support Ridley then you have to be willing to admit that he has the possibility of becoming a boss character instead and I admit to this.

With that being said, here's hoping that he will be a playable character and not a boss character.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Really? In what form does this assert he's going to be in? Because if you are using this music update to varify his inclusion, I have to tell you that this only proves he is more likely to be a boss character than anything else.

I don't buy it. I want him as a full-fledged character addition but like I said, this update just makes it seem like he is a boss character, NOT a playable one. The title says it all. If they played a Bowser soundtrack or Ganondorf soundtrack, they're not going to say "Boss Battle", they are going to say "Bowser Theme" or "Ganondorf Music".

So with the inclusion of the word, "Boss" in the theme, if you are using this music update as a defense, you're just proving that he is more likely to be a boss character if anything else.

Master Hand proves that they DO make movesets from scratch for boss battles. Like I said, I support Ridley as a playable character, but if you support Ridley then you have to be willing to admit that he has the possibility of becoming a boss character instead and I admit to this.

With that being said, here's hoping that he will be a playable character and not a boss character.
I'm not basing it off of that update. I never was. This update means one thing: There will be a Ridley stage. That's EXACTLY what it means. It's a no-brainer.

And the reason it's called "Metroid: Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight)" is because that's what it is! That's what it is in the game. If they pulled the song from OoT called "Boss Battle" or "Battle" (yes, they're both in there) it would be because that's what they're really called in the game. Ganondorf's would be "Ganondorf Theme" because that's what it is in the game, BUT if they included the music from the BATTLE with Ganondorf, they'd use "Ganondorf Battle."

The title means nothing. Ridley will not be a boss (at least, not solely one). They wouldn't waste their time. I'm fully confidende in that.

By the way...do you guys remember "Planet Zebes" from SSB64? There was a little flying Ridley in the background.

EDIT: Uncle Kenny, I just looked at your age...you probably don't remember that stage (it did come out 9 years ago...)

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I severely doubt this update proves there is going to be a Ridley stage.

The Balloon Fight, Fire Emblem, Mach Rider, and other tracks didn't have stages in relation to the music. Now, it proves there will be a Metroid Series Stage, but not neccessarilly a Ridley one.

And my point was that Ridley is ALWAYS a boss. Why would they have to say boss battle music? He's always a boss! They don't need to tell us that if they want to hint at his inclusion. But they would have to tell us that if they want to hint that he'll be a boss.

I'm not going to hold my breath.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Given that the Yoshi Island music was revealed a week before the Yoshi Island stage, I hope this continues in the same way and we see a Metroid themed stage next week. If so I'm hoping for a Metroid Prime themed stage.
But of course, the joy of the updates is we don't have a freaking clue until its posted.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
The Balloon Fight, Fire Emblem, Mach Rider, and other tracks didn't have stages in relation to the music. Now, it proves there will be a Metroid Series Stage, but not neccessarilly a Ridley one.
Do you think it's going to be played for Princess Peach's Castle? Of COURSE it will be a Ridley stage. There's no reason for it NOT to be.

Now, what that means exactly is a different story. "Ridley" is not just the name of the villain, but also the section of Brinstar (I believe) where his lair is. If I recall, "Ridley" was always a very fiery place, where you definitely had to have the Varia Suit, and there was often lava around. So...who knows what the stage will look like, but I'm fairly confident it will be a "Ridley stage."

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I didn't say Princess Peach's Castle stage. You're taking what I said and twisting it around. I said it confirms a Metroid Series stage and that it DOESN'T have to be a Ridley stage.

If I recall correctly, Dr. Mario was a really good song, but it was played on Mushroom Kingdom II. There are several soundtracks in Melee that played on stages they didn't specifically relate to. As in, it can be under a certain genre (Metroid) but not under a certain specification (Ridley).

Don't blow this update out of proportion. I support Ridley too but I'm not going to start making wild assumptions based on a 30 second soundtrack.

Neiteio

Smash Cadet
Uncle Kenny (and I say this with 100% respect for you), the point you're missing is that the song names are their literal names from the GAMES. They in no way reflect their usage in Smash Bros.

Does the song, "Yoshi's Story: ENDING" suggest that the song will only play when you beat the game with Yoshi? Of course not; it's simply named that because that was its name in the original game. Similarly, Ridley's theme in the Metroid games was called "Boss Battle Music," hence why it's called that here. One cannot infer that it means Ridley's a boss.

As Grim pointed out, if they used a Zelda theme called "Ganon BATTLE," the music in Smash would be called "Ganon BATTLE." If they used the other song, "Ganondorf's Theme," it'd be called "Ganondorf's Theme." The song's name is the same as it was in the game it came from.

All we can infer from this is that 1) there'll be a Metroid stage, 2) Ridley is on Sakurai's mind, as though four mentions in response to his poll last year wasn't proof enough, and 3) Ridley's chances of appearing have increased. Personally, I think he'll be in. Sakurai knows he's the second most-wanted character in Japan and most wanted elsewhere, and it appears he resized him and modeled him for inclusion in Melee only to hit deadlines, so now seems like the time to expand the airgame with another villain and Metroid character.

- Neiteio

travis.luckiest

Smash Apprentice
nintendo has been cruel lately ..but i don't think they would put such a teaser out there and ultimately not put in ridley
..i think it's safe to get hopes up for ridley now

an all aerial ..floating heavyweight ..might have the vitality of samus and power of ganon

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Oh god, here we go again with people seeing all these "patterns" in the site updates again.

I think this might confirm another "escape" level.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Uncle Kenny (and I say this with 100% respect for you), the point you're missing is that the song names are their literal names from the GAMES. They in no way reflect their usage in Smash Bros.

Does the song, "Yoshi's Story: ENDING" suggest that the song will only play when you beat the game with Yoshi? Of course not; it's simply named that because that was its name in the original game. Similarly, Ridley's theme in the Metroid games was called "Boss Battle Music," hence why it's called that here. One cannot infer that it means Ridley's a boss.

As Grim pointed out, if they used a Zelda theme called "Ganon BATTLE," the music in Smash would be called "Ganon BATTLE." If they used the other song, "Ganondorf's Theme," it'd be called "Ganondorf's Theme." The song's name is the same as it was in the game it came from.

All we can infer from this is that 1) there'll be a Metroid stage, 2) Ridley is on Sakurai's mind, as though four mentions in response to his poll last year wasn't proof enough, and 3) Ridley's chances of appearing have increased. Personally, I think he'll be in. Sakurai knows he's the second most-wanted character in Japan and most wanted elsewhere, and it appears he resized him and modeled him for inclusion in Melee only to hit deadlines, so now seems like the time to expand the airgame with another villain and Metroid character.

- Neiteio
Yoshi's Island may have an ending tune played as credits or it may even been done in the same sense as the Mushroom Kingdom music in Melee where you had a second roll of music for the last moments of the match.

The only thing I'm saying is that this update in no way confirms Ridley and using it to varify his inclusion just makes it seem like he will be a boss moreso than a character. BUT, a boss character can be a playable character too. Look at Bowser.

Ultimately, my point is, don't get your hopes up or hold your breath until we get more solid proof.

jb254

Smash Apprentice
Good song. Nice to know FOR SURE there's going to be a new Metroid stage. It doesn't prove Ridley is a character, unfortunately. It could be a song for a Zero-Suit Samus stage for all we know. But I really hope I can play as Ridley!

(emphasis made so people won't be all like "DUH DERF THERE DEFINITELY WAS GOING TO BE A NEW METROID STAGED THE WHOLE TIME DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT BOINK DONK DERF")

Stryks

Smash Hero
I literally screamed for joy when I saw the update, not only is the music quite possiby the best one ive heard in any smash game, but being ridleys theme, we may get a ridley stage hopefully, and hell maybe ridley as a character, yet its still too early for that...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I didn't say Princess Peach's Castle stage. You're taking what I said and twisting it around. I said it confirms a Metroid Series stage and that it DOESN'T have to be a Ridley stage.

If I recall correctly, Dr. Mario was a really good song, but it was played on Mushroom Kingdom II. There are several soundtracks in Melee that played on stages they didn't specifically relate to. As in, it can be under a certain genre (Metroid) but not under a certain specification (Ridley).

Don't blow this update out of proportion. I support Ridley too but I'm not going to start making wild assumptions based on a 30 second soundtrack.
I'll just quickly touch on this:

1) I was just confirming that it will be the song for some sort of Metroid stage. (Not like Mach Rider's or Balloon Fight's songs).

2) I was pointing out that even a "Ridley-themed stage" is open to interpretation. I mean, who can even tell what's what for the Metroid stages? (As in, what would a Ridley stage look like as opposed to...a Tourian or a Norfair stage?)

3) I don't think that thinking there will be a Ridley stage after we get a Ridley background song update is a "wild assumption."

4) In Melee, the Brinstar stage with Mother Brain had the Brinstar them. The Brinstar Depths (Kraid's Lair) with Kraid had Kraid's theme...my conclusion was only logical.

Just for fun: "サムス" is Japanese for "Samus." ("リドリ" means "Ridley.")

jb254

Smash Apprentice
I agree, grim lizard, there's going to be some kind of Ridley stage. But I think the reason for all the hate going your way is because you said:

"But it's pretty ignorant of you guys to think that he's not going to be in."

I understand you didn't mean that he would be a playable character without a doubt, but that quote above has probably lead to a lot of confusion about what you intended.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I'll just quickly touch on this:

1) I was just confirming that it will be the song for some sort of Metroid stage. (Not like Mach Rider's or Balloon Fight's songs).

2) I was pointing out that even a "Ridley-themed stage" is open to interpretation. I mean, who can even tell what's what for the Metroid stages? (As in, what would a Ridley stage look like as opposed to...a Tourian or a Norfair stage?)

3) I don't think that thinking there will be a Ridley stage after we get a Ridley background song update is a "wild assumption."

4) In Melee, the Brinstar stage with Mother Brain had the Brinstar them. The Brinstar Depths (Kraid's Lair) with Kraid had Kraid's theme...my conclusion was only logical.

Just for fun: "サムス" is Japanese for "Samus." (I'm assuming "戦" means "Ridley"??)
1. That's what I was saying. It confirms a Metroid Series stage.

2. Honestly, I want to see a stage based on Planet Aether. A Ridley-themed stage isn't too far-fetched but I'm not going to get my hopes up so they can be shattered if it doesn't come true. Plus, it is music used for "the scene of many fighting sites" so it could be interchangeable with any Metroid stage.

3. Confirming Ridley as a playable character is a wild assumption. I didn't know you were implying a Ridley-themed stage. My apologies for the misinterpretation.

4. Eh...

Also, I didn't see your edit about the "nine years ago so you must not remember" thing. I owned the original super smash bros. at that time and I still do now.

A Ridley-themed stage is possible but I'm not about to get my hopes up since we don't have anything solid to stand on. I can conclude from this update that we will have a Metroid Series stage of some kind (but that was obvious) and that Ridley will make SOME kind of appearence, whether it be as a boss character, playable character, or as a stage hazard.

Once again, here's hoping that he's a playable character.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Why do all the noobs assume that Ridley is in just because of the music? Talk about jumping to conclusions.

Shark X

Smash Lord
I'll agree that Ridley's chances have gone up again, but I don't think we can say he's confirmed or semi-confirmed until we actually see him playable in the game. That being said, he is now on the list of new characters I would be very surprised not to see, along with King Dedede, Diddy Kong and Ike.
Same as my list on Best Chance characters in my sig.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Is it just me or did the theme song remind you a bit of sephirphs?

anyways, the music pwns.

oh yeah and... RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!11111111

Shark X

Smash Lord
Nice to know there's going to be a new Metroid stage.
God will you people STOP IT! This is like the third or fourth time I seen a post like this. What the hell is wrong with you people? Of COURSE there will be another Metroid stage. OF course there will be another Fox stage, or course there will be another Kirby stage, of course there will be another Link stage, and of course there will be another Donkey Kong stage. You people act like there's a chance that stages for classic characters like these may not happen. It's hidden and new characters that we need to worry about.

This isn't an attack on the poster I quoted, I'm just sick of hearing about 10 times that 'This confirms there will be a Metroid stage' or 'I'm glad to hear there will be a Metroid stage'. All I can think of when I read these are, 'Duh, I saw it coming when Brawl was announced. It's not like it WASN'T going to happen.

EDIT: Uncle Kenny, I just looked at your age...you probably don't remember that stage (it did come out 9 years ago...)
Haha...young people.[/Birdman]

I agree with every bit of this.

Plus, we're almost sure to get a new Fox character (either Wolf or Krystal), Diddy Kong as well is almost sure to get in, F-Zero has tons of characters to choose from, we finally got another Kirby character, so Metroid is the one series (from the original game anyway) to not have a second character yet, mainly because the series has so few characters. Ridley is at the very top of the list for a second Metroid character.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i no longer have a doubt that ridley will be in . i sakurai is definitly thinking about him. @shark x finally someone else has bass on there wishlist. too bad your first six are third party though. first 2 have a chance though.

and i think that ridley will be a boss, and after you beat him you unlock him. (plans on beating adventure mode with samus before anything else)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom