• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark X

Smash Lord
U never played any Metroid Games from the 2D games then huh
That doesn't make sense. I for example played them all, but never reached Ridley, so just because I played the games, does that automatically mean I heard the song before?

First time I heard it was Metroid Prime, then again in Prime 3 video's. After beating Prime, I quickly played through a Super Metroid rom with Game Genie codes, and beat it, but I still don't remember Ridley's theme from it. Long time ago I guess, and I killed Ridley quickly, so I guess I didn't have time to hear it. While I did use Game Genie codes, I turned them off in boss fights to fight those fairly at least. Ridley was the only one that gave me so much trouble, that I couldn't waste time paying attention to the background music.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@the bino
wrong, i played them all through my emulator, but i never use volume. i also saw the trailers, but, again, no sound. i only use sound for things that are sound specific. now i may just have to boot up my emulator, just to fight ridley again...

@shark x
thank you, that would have been my other point, not all people who played those games have heard it either.

Rash

Smash Ace
Shark X, the Ridley theme plays at the first encounter with Ridley/escape, when you actually fight Ridley in Norfair, and when you have to escape for the final time. The first time you ever hear it is within 3 minutes of actually playing the game, though.

Yeah, people may not remember it sometimes, but if you played Super Metroid for more than even a minute or so you would have experienced the theme.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i just remember hearing it first in Metroid Prime. Samus blasts a huge hole into the impact crater by returning the artifacts, and it was playing a soft choir tune. but a nearby energy beam blasts through, and suddenly the music changes into Ridley's boss battle music. i imedietely fell in love with the song. it made me happy and pumped for my boss battle

Sariku

Smash Master
Sorry for the delay. *** ***** ***. *** **** ***.

Anyways, I updated it with the new info, and will TRY to keep up with it daily, otherwise don't complain.

And about the contest thread, don't post in it anymore, it's not worth it due to the spam now. I got some complaints about it, and I can't work with it with all the spam in it. Sorry.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
actually there is less arguments going on in this thread. there are a crap load of people in the other arguing over the inclusion of ridley.

i like this one a lot more cause it tells us more info instead of just telling us WHEN it updates

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I like this thread because it's a reason for people not to be like

ZOMG RIDLEY
OMG UPDATE
RIDLEY IZ CONFIRMED
OMFG I HATES RIDLY
DID U KNOW SAKURAI HAS AN S IN HIS NAME

like those thread titles, EVERY update. they still happen.

My idea is that anyone who makes a topic about an update should be banned.. whos with me? I got myself two infraction points making a thread about it! hahaha

Sariku

Smash Master
I like this thread because it's a reason for people not to be like

ZOMG RIDLEY
OMG UPDATE
RIDLEY IZ CONFIRMED
OMFG I HATES RIDLY
DID U KNOW SAKURAI HAS AN S IN HIS NAME

like those thread titles, EVERY update. they still happen.

My idea is that anyone who makes a topic about an update should be banned.. whos with me? I got myself two infraction points making a thread about it! hahaha

Agreed mostly, but I hope that people would just start posting here, or in other threads.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
What? Screenshots with Zamus in them? I don't even care about how cool the rolling crates and the presents are, seeing new pics of Zamus in action is worth it. Wait... new pics? I don't even remember seeing any Zamus action outside of the Nintendo World trailer.

iharfor

Smash Journeyman
**** boxes, they still explode in your face. " Watch out for sliding boxes" Thats why I dont play with items. That is pretty cool they change with the stage. They are really paying attention to detail this time around.

Kurosagi

Smash Apprentice
If they've focused so much on the items like this, i'd like to hope they've already finished all the character development...

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
They have more staff on this game than on the previous one. And several of the staff members are experts in what they do.

They have enough time to improve... everything. Trust me.

@Typh: HOLY S***! IT'S TRUE!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Yes I noticed that too. Crate riding ftw! But will all characters be able to do this? I mean, aren't Snake and Zamus (and probally Wario's fat belly) too heavy to stand on one?
ZSS+"too heavy"=blasphemy.

Anyway, I'm sure they're strong enough to hold even Bowser and Donkey Kong's weight (if they're in) as long as they don't stomp on them or apply any sort of shock force on them.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Shark X, the Ridley theme plays at the first encounter with Ridley/escape, when you actually fight Ridley in Norfair, and when you have to escape for the final time. The first time you ever hear it is within 3 minutes of actually playing the game, though.

Yeah, people may not remember it sometimes, but if you played Super Metroid for more than even a minute or so you would have experienced the theme.
It took me three days to beat the game -.- So yeah, more than a minute -.- It was just probably 5 years ago or so, so hard to remember

Shark X

Smash Lord

Bowser and Donkey Kong (if they're in)
That was the worst post I ever seen today, worst than those who were surprised and happy that there will be a Metroid stage. While Bowser is a slight worry, since he's a Melee character, he's also one of the many that we are sure to see again, but Donkey Kong? Honestly, how the HELL will he not be in this one?

EDIT: Meant to copy and pasted this into my last post after I finished my responce so I wouldn't double post, but by the time I finished my responce, I forgot I was the last poster >.<

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
That was the worst post I ever seen today, worst than those who were surprised and happy that there will be a Metroid stage. While Bowser is a slight worry, since he's a Melee character, he's also one of the many that we are sure to see again, but Donkey Kong? Honestly, how the HELL will he not be in this one?
Mate, they haven't been confirmed yet. Just like Ridley. They will probally be in it, but dear old Devastlian can't say that for 100%.

Devastlian said:
ZSS+"too heavy"=blasphemy.
Well, I suppose Pikachu and Kirby are lighter than sweety pie. But you are right, she is kinda thin.

experiment111

Smash Journeyman
Crate riding looks fun, wonder how many people can stand on one crate and also if u can run on barrels. Like sakurais idea of makin the generic crate and barrel different for each stage. Some probably thought this was a bad update but i'm all about the aesthetics. Plus ZSS has some muscle so i doubt shes as light as she looks. :p

Devastlian

Smash Lord
How do you know Mr. Sakurai had this idea? How do you know a member of his team didn't say, "Hey, how about we do this?" And Mr. Sakurai said, "Ya, sure. That sound pretty cool." Or something like that.

Also, "dear old Devastlian"? @.@

Jaseman

Smash Rookie
Interesting how in the UK site it says "Be careful and make sure you don’t get knocked for six by a box madly rushing downhill."

What does this mean?
heheh...its a reference to cricket. two things to help you understand how the phrase works:
1. hitting for six = (roughly equal to) home run (baseball).
2. imagine your the ball. ( thats probably the best way to describe it to someone whos not aussie)
now the phrase magically makes sense!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, it's probably just a perspective thing. Or maybe I'm just crazy. It does seem like it's bunched up more in the artwork as though she's midjump 'cause the screenshots show it being almost below the pink thing on her back. Oh well, nothing important. ;)

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
About today's update... "Crates and Barrels" you really can't complain too much. They look really cool on Yoshi's level, I mean at least they are trying to do something new with them. Plus another look at the Fire Eblem stage! And SLIDING BOXES! But come on, we even got some new ZZS stuff (Forward Smash). And don't forget to mention the ship! So plese don't complain about this update.

Back to the Yoshi level update. I think I'm really going to love that level. I've always wanteda level with ONE platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom