• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
it is not confirmed that you will need friend codes, i was just pointing out a possible flaw in your plans. i hope you don't need friend codes, personally.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Stock // 3 Lives would probably be the preset rule.
Or Time // 2 Minutes.
One of those... maybe you can just make a room with settings, and wait for someone to enter? If that's even what WiFi does?

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
I'm just glad that it's coming out for WiFi connection, now I don't have to travel to any tournaments, and I'll probably never get bored of this game xD
Why the hell would u stop traveling to tournaments even if its playable online? The funnest and coolest part of competitive fighters (aka Smash) is going to tournies, meeting people, and having a blast owning the **** out of people up close and talkin random trash.

Come on, dont give up on the fun of that because u can play online in a (very likely) laggy enviorment (even if the lag is just a few frames, theres still a delay).

Sry for going off topic, just felt like i had to point it out... Offline tournaments FTW!!! :)

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
The flames in that pic look like Fire Fox, but I think he's looking a bit too casual to be starting an attack. I can't imagine it being anything else, though...

Also I noticed that he isn't holding his gun in the second through fourth gameplay pics (in the first you can't tell). I seem to recall some early pics showing him walking around while holding his gun (and didn't Sakurai allude to this?) but I don't see it any more.

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
I believe the engulfed in flames Foxmust be the fire fox as well, cant think of it being anything else... also, is Fox crawling in the last pic?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
You're right, the FireFox does look a bit too casual.

Is Fox doing a head-butt to Mario in that second picture?!! (What move is that??)

Fox isn't crawling, that's the Fox Illusion (>B).

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
HAS FOX'S DASH ATTACK BEEN NERFED? It looks in the second picture like Fox is experiencing the cooldown of a sort of hard punch as a dash attack. I picture something beforehand like Ganon's fair. That could also be a sort of shoulder check- like Ganon's, CF's, or Samus's.

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
That picture of him punching Mario is most likely his forward grab (I noticed it right away, I thought it to be obvious, but that may be because he is my main)

P.S. But yah, that is most definatly Fire Fox, that's the reason why he put that pic up, to show us how graphic it is now =]

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i like how the title is still
.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Latest Update - Pikachu and Kirby)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Maybe the throw was done at zero percent, was weakened, and/or throws people at a lower angle in this game...Or maybe the screenshot was taken right at the frame of impact before Mario was launched into the air...

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
The new Yoshi's Island stage is revealed. It looks like Wario is showing his forward smash in the second pic (due to the telltale white flash) and some other attack (up tilt?) in the fourth.

jb254

Smash Apprentice
Wario looks great! Check out that detail.

This looks like a fun and fair stage. A long main platform with a single, midsized floating platform. I hope they put some of those jazzy and upbeat songs from the Yoshi's Island games.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
...Wait..

WAIT.. Does this mean that.. Randall has been replaced by a ghost?.. :( Noooooooooooooooo!

Oh well :p The stage looks great and very fun to play on. I prefer the new shy-guys look since they look more like they're actually from the stage. ^^
Haha, screw Randall. He was too small :p
Probably my favorite update yet, since I've been discussing that stage in the "Official Stage Selection" for quite some time now. And it's always been my guess for the guess update thread. I'm satisfied :)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
good update. now we have confirmation that is does change seasons. i've always wondered why sakurai took it off the nintendo world movie.

and did it look like Wario was trying to give the finger to mario in the last pic? i know it's an attack but it looks like the finger

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
So Link's uptilt stays. That's clearly the follow through of the attack in the last pic. And yeah, that's sick how there appears to be shine on his sword for his attacks. Witness his dair. Maybe it's Sakurai's way of making the hitboxes more realistic. I remember playing once, "Hey! How did that hit me? Link's sword didn't even touch me! That's so fake!"

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Link's sword shining is probably the Twilight Princess Master Sword glow. I'm particularly interested in the way Mario landed. He was apparently hit, but is that a new knockdown animation? Or did he just tech roll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom