• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cF=)

Smash Lord
PIKACHU IS SOOO KAWAIII ^__^

The first and second picture on smashbros.com are the cutest representation of this pokémon, ever.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
dude what about the info given to us about pikachu being an all-around character. maybe they unnerfed him and made him what he was in smash 64.

but cool characters. it was cool to see kirby and pika again. plus we got some good background pictures of some of the stages.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
It wasnt electrified..

it was either pika or yoshi's stage damaged him
The electric shock looks like it's not happening at the place of the players. It looks more to be in the background than anything, but it doesn't fit at all in the background of Yoshi's level. It''s just strange.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
it seems many of kirby's and pikachu's moves have stayed the same from melee. i did notice to part where sakurai said that pikachu is "an all-around character." could pikachu's tier go up from melee and the beast that he was in SSB64? i like thet sound of that...more pikachu's in tournaments...:chuckle:

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
"It may be small and agile, but its electricity gives it powerful attacks."
!!??:confused:

Being small and agile is good. Using the conjunction "but" makes it sound like either being small and agile is bad, or its powerful attacks are bad. Perhaps "may" should be removed and "but" should be replaced with "and".

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
Well, I am satisfied with the update, I love to kick my friends but's as Pickachu whenever they are their main, a habbit I hope to keep =]

I wonder what Kirby will look like when he sucks up all the new charecters? I'm sure the Wario Kirby will be a something to laugh at haha

the grim lizard

Smash Master

i think pikachu ate the super mushroom it dont look like a close up look at the arena
That's a platform you noob... :p

dude what about the info given to us about pikachu being an all-around character. maybe they unnerfed him and made him what he was in smash 64.

but cool characters. it was cool to see kirby and pika again. plus we got some good background pictures of some of the stages.
I agree...these were the only two characters I played in 64, and I hardly touched them in Melee. I wouldn't mind their attacks having a little more oomph and sticking more. By that I mean...well for example compare Pika's aerial electric drill in 64 and Melee...it was like DIGGING in in 64, and in Melee, it was just kind of inflicting damage.

In any case...I hope they did return them (to some extent) to their previous glory.

Well, I am satisfied with the update, I love to kick my friends but's as Pickachu whenever they are their main, a habbit I hope to keep =]

I wonder what Kirby will look like when he sucks up all the new charecters? I'm sure the Wario Kirby will be a something to laugh at haha
Yeah, this is one of my favorite parts about smash...I love to see what all of his different costumes are and him doing the ability. Him doing Ganondorf last time was HILARIOUS...You'd be like, "what...what is Kirby doo-ing?" And then...Warlock Punched out of no where! (because he didn't make the grunting charge up sound)

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
!!??:confused:

Being small and agile is good. Using the conjunction "but" makes it sound like either being small and agile is bad, or its powerful attacks are bad. Perhaps "may" should be removed and "but" should be replaced with "and".
I think he's saying that despite being small and agile, not normally associated with power based characters, it is still able to pack quite a hefty punch due to it's electrical attacks.

Remember, it is loosely translated off the Japanese version, so some words may not be entirely accurate.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081

Translates to:

"Big things come in small packages"

Wrath`

Smash Master
kirby plus meta kights power= sword kirby.

pikachu looks smaller,and the eletric moves dont look much tuned or redrawn

Sudai

Stuff here
I can see it now..Advanced Slobs for Brawl:

1) Loser picks stage.
2) Winner picks controller style,
3) Loser picks controller style.
4) Winner picks character.
5) Loser picks character.

el oh el

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
hellz yeah!! I'm hoping the different controls are not completely inferior to the GCN controllers...this could spawn preferred control methods for specific characters. that would be awesome!

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Whoops, I posted my reaction in a dif thread. If I was supposed to post here exclusively, my bad. (That said, I don't think it's a big deal.)

Here's my reaction (again... for the first time.)

"Ha, I had a similar reaction. "HOLY FREAKIN' MOLY!" (referencing the thread title)

Sakurai hit us with the first substantial bit of news on the site when we least expected it!

It's gonna be kind of sucky though with stupid peeps trying to MAKE you use the cube controller, without even giving the Motechuk a chance. (I'll probably use the cube controller, but I'd like to think the remote and nunchuk combo could work just as well... we'll see if he elaborates.)

This is gonna be one wild game! How will I decide!?"

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, and now all those people who scoffed when I, among others noted (merely noted!) that the "How to Play" icon was a Wii remote, can suck it! And I also mentioned it shows a Wii remote as a little logo by Smash on the official Nintendo website. I'm not going to name names, but they know they were rude first, and wrong second to scoff. I mean, it's the Wii! Why wouldn't they at least make an option for the Wii's biggest feature, the remote/nunchuk?

Anyway, this little rant helps no one, and those people will only find new things to scoff at without thinking. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not just some n00b who thinks up dumb ideas all the time. Pretty rarely actually. There IS a time to discourage the n00b.) Oh well, that's the fun of speculation, you always have your token extremists.

EDIT: Some other thoughts:

Three words.

Four. Control. Styles.

Man, it'd b tough enough to decide between two... AHH!!! Crap man! Well, I guess I can eliminate two for the most part. Other then some fun experimenting, I don't think I'll want to use the Wii remote solo, and I don't have a Classic Controller, so screw that. (Plus the Wavebird is wireless anyway.)

So yeah, I'll keep an open mind about the motechuk combo, but most likely I'll just gravitate toward the Wavebird. It depends on whether or not they implement motion control for the motechuk (they kind of HAVE to with the remote solo) and whether or not it's any good for competitive play, I.E. lighting fast and accurate. Oh, and then Sakurai recommends the cube controller. (I'm sure it isn't JUST because of the rumble.)

He says he hopes to elaborate, so maybe that will come next week.

EDIT 2: (See, I am no n00b, I can use the "edit" feature, instead of double posting! ;))

@ Sudai: Ha, and it goes on and on and on... counter picking to no end. Heh.

hellz yeah!! I'm hoping the different controls are not completely inferior to the GCN controllers...this could spawn preferred control methods for specific characters. that would be awesome!
Very true! And not every player will have the same preferred controller for a given character. I'll love to see the wicked diversity that now must surely arise.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
I'm curious to see how the controls work. I'm sure I'll use cube controller the most, but I'm gonna give that motechuck combo a swing. standard wiimote though....lets try to set records doing no jump samus btt with that XD. I also wanna see if its tourney legal to use a classic with a C-Stick mod on the right analog, that would be cool.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
Today's update was very interesting indeed. I'm now very glad I still have my GC controllers. However, I'm curious as to how Sakurai is going to implement the Wii Remote & Nunchuk. If you've played MK Armagddon for the Wii, you'll know that the special moves in that game are triggered by holding B and then doing simple little motions with the Remote. Could something similar happen in Brawl, but for jumps and Smash Attacks?

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I knew Sakurai wouldnt let us down!
Now nobody can be pissed off!
Well, unless youre a complete and total douchebag...

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
I'm buying a new Gamecube controller! The old ones are a bit worn down so I'd like to play the game with a new controller to maximize the fun! I'm unreasonable or are you guys gonna do the same!?

Adi

Smash Lord
Interesting, although I can't possibly see how they'll fit all the functions and make them comfortable on the wii remote =(.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
I'm buying a new Gamecube controller! The old ones are a bit worn down so I'd like to play the game with a new controller to maximize the fun! I'm unreasonable or are you guys gonna do the same!?
I immediately went looking online for one! Ha! Yeah, you're not alone, and I think Nintendo would be wise to sell them again, at least online. (Do they???)

BTW, I did manage to hold back from buying one, as I'm not sure I really need one. My Wavebird is holding out pretty well, so...

Yeah, I was thinking of buying a standard cord bearing GC controller, but the wires coming out of the Wii kind of sucks... at the same time it would be nice to have rumble for a change, as well as no battery concerns during important matches. (Not to mention a tighter virgin analog stick.)

Any advice? Should I buy a new regular controller, Wavebird, (which I've been very pleased with) or just stick with my Wavebird which should still last at least another couple of years. (and then think about searching for one)

I'll have my motechuk to fall back on of course, but who knows how long you'll be able to get brand new GC controllers for a reasonable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom