• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Good things.... K, maybe ALL the characters have better Up-B's now. I'll be Firefoxin' my way to victory!
You know, that is kind of interesting. Through these updates and the translated confirmed comments, it certainly seems that Brawl is going to focus more on aerial combat. In Melee, a lot of pros fight off the edge, anyway. I know most Samus players do (at least I do). Maybe each character will have an improved Up-B move. This would encourage more aerial and off-the-stage combat, by making recovery for such a bit easier.

You know, this is by far the lamest update, but it certainly has brought about a metric sh*t-ton of speculation. Probably the most of any update, yet. Mainly because all the other updates are fairly straightforward. This one is only straightforward if you've never played before and have nothing to compare the screens to.

Aerial combat + Brawl = Very yes? Discuss.

~Dac

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
that sounds awesome, aerial combat. With the inclusion of two more multiple jump character (pit nd metaknight), it does seem that brawl is reaching for the sky (sorry).
However, wouldnt Kirby, Jiggy, Pit nd Metaknight have a drastic advantage over all the other brawlers?

p.s. about mario's upB, maybe Sakurai made it bigger in the screenshot in order for the recovery process to be clear for n00bs?

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Oh, great. They're giving us updates consisting of the How to Play vid. Tomorrow's update: Press A to attack! Attack quickly. Don't leave yourself open!:laugh:

Sariku

Smash Master
Lol, perfect quote from the Vid. But you know, if Sakurai wanted to be nice... he would tell us what Controller we're gonna use -wink-

Dacvak

Smash Ace
p.s. about mario's upB, maybe Sakurai made it bigger in the screenshot in order for the recovery process to be clear for n00bs?
That was something I considered when I saw that. I eve posted a message about it. I definitely think it's a possibilty, but here's why I don't think it's definite:

Sakurai knows that both pros and n00bs are reading his blog. I'm pretty sure this is why the last picture has an invincible frame, and there's the comment about guarding against recovery... He's talking to us pros who are specifically looking for information about advanced tactics.

If this is true, then he certainly knows that we'd notice the drastic recovery boost Mario got. So in essence, he's either:
A, Quietly telling pros that Mario's Up-B, and possibly others', are improved, and that edge-guarding is still in the game, and a plays an important role in battle.
-or-
B, He's catering to ******* who have never played, neglecting people who would take every bit of information he has and analyze it to the fullest extent.

Sort of like what I just did. >_>

~Dac

the grim lizard

Smash Master
You guys are far far too harsh. I, like any other smasher here, would LOVE to see some awesome new update about a new character or stage or gamemode or something. But, having said that, there is nothing wrong with any of these updates. Even if most of them are just old news for us, the pictures and Sakurai's comments are enough to satisfy.

"What are Poke balls?" Complain all you want, but this gave us four new Brawl screenshots. You guys need to think outside the box and look more into these updates. To me, this one confirmed the absence of Doc in Brawl (not that we didn't already have a good idea). "How?" you ask?

Well, this one along with the Delfino stage, both show moves of Mario's which were inferior to Doc's in Melee. Doc's fair was nearly a Ganondorf Skullcrusher and hit up rather than Mario's which hit down. Delfino stage shows this. Doc's up-B was superior, too. I believe it was a bit longer, but it also made a glitch-like jump at the end if you were in the vicinity so you could grab on. Today's "recovery" update shows this. If nothing else, it shows they have improved some of Mario's weaknesses.

(By the way, if there is still any doubt at how long this super jump punch is, take a look at pic#3 and see where the air being swept up is. Clearly, it's quite a distance...)

But again, we get pics; so don't complain. Before, we'd go months and months without anything at all. We'd water at the mouth for one picture of Brawl. And now, we get at least four a day along with Sakurai's comments! Take a look at the bright side!

Sakurai's comments are interesting, too. Just read them and ponder...

Sariku

Smash Master
You guys are far far too harsh. I, like any other smasher here, would LOVE to see some awesome new update about a new character or stage or gamemode or something. But, having said that, there is nothing wrong with any of these updates. Even if most of them are just old news for us, the pictures and Sakurai's comments are enough to satisfy.

"What are Poke balls?" Complain all you want, but this gave us four new Brawl screenshots. You guys need to think outside the box and look more into these updates. To me, this one confirmed the absence of Doc in Brawl (not that we didn't already have a good idea). "How?" you ask?

Well, this one along with the Delfino stage, both show moves of Mario's which were inferior to Doc's in Melee. Doc's fair was nearly a Ganondorf Skullcrusher and hit up rather than Mario's which hit down. Delfino stage shows this. Doc's up-B was superior, too. I believe it was a bit longer, but it also made a glitch-like jump at the end if you were in the vicinity so you could grab on. Today's "recovery" update shows this. If nothing else, it shows they have improved some of Mario's weaknesses.

(By the way, if there is still any doubt at how long this super jump punch is, take a look at pic#3 and see where the air being swept up is. Clearly, it's quite a distance...)

But again, we get pics; so don't complain. Before, we'd go months and months without anything at all. We'd water at the mouth for one picture of Brawl. And now, we get at least four a day along with Sakurai's comments! Take a look at the bright side!

Sakurai's comments are interesting, too. Just read them and ponder...

That... was beautiful. You sure you're not the ThreadMaster of this thread? Lol.

I think you did really good on this statement. I get alittle ticked at some updates, like this one wasn't my favorite, but none of this matters to me. Why? Cause of these things. If he gives up good good updates now, he'll just have bad ones later. Or not as good ones anyways. Besides, the order on which the updates come won't affect the release date. The only thing I want to hear from him is what Controller You Use.

King Axel

Smash Apprentice
One of his posts had the word "Control Stick" in it. I think it was with the Cracker Launcher. So, that points towards the Gamecube controller. Of course, I'd like something solid.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur

I think that mario in Melee would have reached the edge too, with his teleport thingy.

I see it almost the same as in melee,

Sariku

Smash Master
Does that mean that you ABSOLUTLY WON'T use the WiiMote? No, it just means you CAN use it. Now that you will HAVE to use it.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
One of his posts had the word "Control Stick" in it. I think it was with the Cracker Launcher. So, that points towards the Gamecube controller. Of course, I'd like something solid.
true, but there is a control stick on the nunchuk...

it wont matter for me, ill just try out all the controls possible.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
OK, it's going to be classic controller and GC controller will still work. I'm not a lamer claiming I have all this crazy inside info., but it's common sense, based on everything we know about Sakurai, the Wii, the CC/Wiimote/GCC, etc.

If you can live with those options, then I wouldn't worry anymore. (In other words, don't count on it being solely Wiimote.)

Oh, and if this helps at all: "#221-230: Sakurai said that since you are able to do so many things with the Wiimote, maybe he might add a prank-like function [read: easter egg/CORRECTION: A better translation would be "gimmick-like function," maybe think about the C-Stick's inessential function to SSBM] to the game with the Wiimote." (from SamuraiPanda's Translation Thread)

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
eh, wiimote. i just cant see the controls using the wiimote. i dont wanna flick the wiimote up to jump or wave the nunchuk to do something else. i mean, if those are the controls, those are the controls and we can always use the GCC.

E3?!?!?! where are you?!?!?!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
well, the crappy updates are usually followed by better ones. i have high expectations for tomorrow. (or sakurai gets info beat out of him by my team of ninjas)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
uhoh, i told them not to attack inocent bystanders, unless YOU stole the crown jewels!!!were they flying pirate ninjas?

Sariku

Smash Master
So thats why they attacked me... I'm keeping em'.

Anyways, this thread is alittle quiet, so lets heat things up with a DEBATE DISCCUSION!

-dramatic music plays here-

Debate 01 - Should WaveDashing be implimented in Brawl? Explain.

Engo

Smash Ace
Sorry if this is already known, but I didn't want to read 37 pages.

Anyways did anyone except me notice that in the Nintendo World Movie(if you haven't watched it you can at the supersmashbros. website) Kirby does what looks like a SHFFL? If not then at least a short hop and L-cancel? I don't know about anyone discussing this and this could be a very good clue.

Oh yeah by the way just noticed Kirby does a double kill near the beginning of that same video xD

EDIT: and about Mario's extended Up-B , to me in the picture it looks like he just went up a bit more and then sweet spotted...maybe?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i never saw the SHFFL, but thought i saw an l cancel. doesn't confirm wave dashing, though i can't say i ever use it.

if wavedashing was a glitch in melee (which a lot of people agree it was), then i think it will be removed. but if it was purposely implemented, i see no reason to remove it.

Edit: wait a minute, don't you tell me what to debate about!

Sariku

Smash Master
I personally hope it stays gone. I dont like wavedashing, I hate hearing n00bs say that if its not in it, they won't play it. Cause you know they will.

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
I personally hope it stays gone. I dont like wavedashing, I hate hearing n00bs say that if its not in it, they won't play it. Cause you know they will.
Same. I also hate Snakers in Mario Kart DS, who call themselves 1337 cause they know how. Play the game the way it was meant to be played, loser.

/rant

pirkid

Smash Lord
Same. I also hate Snakers in Mario Kart DS, who call themselves 1337 cause they know how. Play the game the way it was meant to be played, loser.

/rant
True that.
Hopefully they'll give a bit more info.
But we all might just jump outta our chairs if there was bad news, so it's a see-saw.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i concur. i have never wavedashed, nor played against a wavedasher. this whole concept was new to me when joining smashboards. i figured out how to do it, and it is too hard to do to implement it into a strategy for me. i hope it will be taken out so players like me can't be taken advantage of come online play.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
amen to that. some people can't do the advanced techniques, and wavedashing is overrated. i don't see the big deal in using it
usually the people that say that wavedashing is overrated are the people that can't do it. i though that for a while too. at the start, i was able to do it, but i never knew how to implement it into my gameplay. more and more play with my friends and i finally was able to use it at will and use it quite proficiently too. wavedashing can do too things.

1. moves you around the stage faster
2. improves spacing

with those, you'll find yourself hitting more and more of those fsmashes than you think. try it. dont just believe its overrated till you try it in-game. im not stating "facts" that im sure someone will nitpick me about, but just what i believe.

*wipes forehead of sweat and calms down*

ok...tommorows update predictions? i say character bios!

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
I do know how to wavedash, and I can somewhat implement it, but I still don't like it. The game is meant to be played the way it was meant to be played, and Wavedash isn't a way it was meant.

However, I support L-Cancel and fast falling.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, seeing how this thread is willingly degrading itself to a wavedashing debate, it's become even more useless than it already is.
True that, if we're so n00bs because we WD, then how come the best of the best use it=??? WD allows easier mobility, works great for defense, and can lead up and out of some pretty nasty combos. For those people who think it's for n00bs, talk about it in a WD thread or something, and stop complaining about stuff you can't do.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
I do know how to wavedash, and I can somewhat implement it, but I still don't like it. The game is meant to be played the way it was meant to be played, and Wavedash isn't a way it was meant.

However, I support L-Cancel and fast falling.
whats wrong with bending the rules a little? after all its in the games physics, so actually it was somewhat though about. good respect for the l-cancel and fast fall :p

*on topic*

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i just don't see the big deal with it. i can do it and i use it sometimes in battle but i play better without it. hey whatever man you can use it if you want.

look we're getting off topic. how about "woo-hoo mario has better recovery! Grr sakurai needs to give us characters! These updates suck, i hate smash now!"

whatever and stuff

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
nah i wasnt saying you should use it, i think it depends on your character and if you can do it or not. but enough of that.

yes....lets continue with our rampage about crappy updates (which they are not most of the time)

SAKURAI!!! GIVE US SOME GOOD UPDATES!!!!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
confirm some new characters (i agree with colbusman, if you really want to use it, there is no harm in it returning) sakurai, i want my characters confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom