• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

soaz

Smash Ace
hehe im kinda dissapointed i was looking forward to something big but we get"how to recover".I guess you cant always get what you want.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Jesus Christ monkey balls is it just me or is Mario's recovery huge? That looks nearly double his Melee recover length. Or maybe they combined abit of Doc and Mario and gave Mario his usual recovery animation length but then gave him Doc's recovery grab range.

Just a thought.

Sariku

Smash Master
Okay, so this update was OKAY. Truthfully, I just want the freakin controller revealed. Once that is done, I'll be one happy camper.

Wasserman

Smash Rookie
Another question Sarika:

Why is there not more levels confirmed in this thread? If we saw some in the trailers or sceenshots why can't we add those? Using the same logic as was used for the nintendogs, if it was in the trailer then it was confirmed. SO I say we should add some of the definities like that metaknight level, the fire emblem level, the yoshi level etc etc

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Holy Freaking Distance, Batman! Did Mario turn into Samus when I wasn't looking? His recovery is HUGE now!

Still, this is a really lame update. Aside from seeing that Mario is now Neo, there's nothing new.

I guess it's kind of cool he snuck in an invincible frame for us, though. He's basically sending two messages. "Hey, if you're completely new, this is what you do to not die. And yeah, you'll be able to edge-guard and leap buildings in a single bound."

It's weird, though, I'm pretty sure I've seen Mario jump and perform his Up-B (at least I think so) in one of the trailers. I don't remember it being retardedly huge. Maybe the still-frames pictured were actually taken at different times, just to blatantly show the recovery process.

Either way, lame. =/

~Dac

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
If that is really his new recovery, and not as you said, Dac, I might have to try maining him again lol.They should of shown Mario meteor smashing Metenight, I would like to see what he looks like to get meteored.

Edit: Mario got to meteore the last person who was with him in the how to play video =]

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Ok, I just re-watched both trailers, and no, he never performs his Up-B. But, he does jump. A lot. And at no time does it ever seem bigger than it was in Melee. And if you take a look at the still-frame pictures, the 2nd picture shows exactly where he performed the second jump, and the third shows exactly where he performed his Up-B. Well, it you actually measure out the distance, his jump is pretty much the same. But take a look at the 3rd to 4th picture - the distance from the little dash-cloud to the edge. When you think about it, it's not that much bigger than Melee. Mario did have a pretty good reach, despite his tiny arms. I think when he recovered, he probably was the furthest away he possibly could have been in order to safely grab the edge.

Or, ya know, he could be Superman. Time will tell.

~Dac

Sariku

Smash Master
Another question Sarika:

Why is there not more levels confirmed in this thread? If we saw some in the trailers or sceenshots why can't we add those? Using the same logic as was used for the nintendogs, if it was in the trailer then it was confirmed. SO I say we should add some of the definities like that metaknight level, the fire emblem level, the yoshi level etc etc
Cause if you look at the E3 Melee promo video, you see levels that wasn't in the final build. All those could just be beta levels, not gonna be in the final one, but just to show off.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Wow, confirming recovery... nice cop out Nintendo.

I'll admit that Mario's recovery range did seem huge at first, but after looking back at it some more, it actually does seem to fit.

Sariku

Smash Master
Oh well. Who knows, maybe tomorrows update will be Mario's Up B in his Profile! Giving us a indept look at what his Up B wil be like.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
yay Mario! see sakurai is putting more emphasis in aerial combat! i mean mario's range is that huge, plus sakurai came out and said there must be greater emphasis on aerial to block against recovery.

expected a better update but today was ok

jb254

Smash Apprentice
Well, we get a really good view of the background. It's beautiful with the hills and the lake.

Also, we get to see what Meta Knight looks like with his back turned....

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
i really like how sakurai said "If recovering is a technique, then there must also be techniques to guard against recovery. Fierce aerial battles often rule the match!" to me, this sounds like he hinted at edge-hogging. as for mario's jump, it does look a bit long....which is good!! hopefully all characters will be like that! or maybe they've maybe mario extra floaty with his jumps.

Sariku

Smash Master
Doesn't matter to me much. I dont play with Mario very often, I use Marth, then Pichu. And if I'm bored, I'll use Captian Falcon.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Ok, I just re-watched both trailers, and no, he never performs his Up-B. But, he does jump. A lot. And at no time does it ever seem bigger than it was in Melee. And if you take a look at the still-frame pictures, the 2nd picture shows exactly where he performed the second jump, and the third shows exactly where he performed his Up-B. Well, it you actually measure out the distance, his jump is pretty much the same. But take a look at the 3rd to 4th picture - the distance from the little dash-cloud to the edge. When you think about it, it's not that much bigger than Melee. Mario did have a pretty good reach, despite his tiny arms. I think when he recovered, he probably was the furthest away he possibly could have been in order to safely grab the edge.

Or, ya know, he could be Superman. Time will tell.

~Dac

I have created science.

This is a decent comparison of Brawl to Melee. It's not entirely accurate as far as distance goes, but anyone who's played before can see the difference. The other pretty interesting aspect is that Mario has a lot more horizontal thrust than he had in Melee.

It's science.

~Dac

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
in melee you could control mario's horizontal thrust by aiming with the control stick between when you pressed upb and when he did the move. You could pretty much go at about a 45 degree angle if you pressed straight forward before he started moving.

EDIT:
it still doesn't look like it's that much farther, it's just viewed from an angle below the stage.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
CStrife, good point. For some reason I thought only Doc could do that. Probably because I play Doc a lot more than Mario. =P

And as for the Melee pics, I just found some random Youtube video. The guy playing Mario sucks. XD He's against a level 9.

Still, Mario in Melee doesn't go quite as far as Brawl Mario, even when going horizontal. I'd take another picture, but, you know, I stopped caring. XP

~Dac

Sariku

Smash Master
Lol. But yeah, Who really cares if Mario's distance is longer? I mean, it could be cut from the final build. It could be short again. Heck, it could be taken out. Lol.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Or maybe this is just a ploy. Mario probably isn't even in Brawl!! *GASP*

I need to go rethink my life.

~Dac

Rash

Smash Ace
I wasn't really big on this update, because every morning I look forward to some new and interesting piece of news. But, you can't always get what you want. We get daily weekday updates as it is, which is great considering that there aren't many other dedicated websites for games like this, so sometimes you just have to accept what you get and move on.

Besides, today's update offers at least a little bit of speculation regarding Mario's recovery.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah, i was a little disappointed myself, but the website is intended for the general public, which includes those who've never played the game before. >.> Not just for us smash junkies who play the game religiously.

D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom