• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I don't know if this was already known, but from the way he said that, it looks like there is going to be something at least similar to techs. That will be good. I'd hate to be bouncing around without any control
i don't think it has anything to do with techs. i think he means that becaue you got totally bruised and bashed, if you don't hit solid ground, you will probably get KO'ed

today's update was great. i wish we got a front side of Link, i wanted to see his eyes glow

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i want them to put up samus's final smash, so we know if it turns her zero suit.

and i just realized, at 20 updates a month, they could have us going at least three months with just character updates. each has one post for bio, one for final smash, and i am guessing to for moves as pit had half his/her (don't know) special moves in a post. thats 45 (around) characters times 4 posts each. then there is items, stages and the rest. we are going to have updates for a while.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Final Smash is meant to hurt the opponent; making samus transform into Z only after grabbing a smash orb would be absolutely ridiculous. And I think we've seen her in solo action more than enough to conclude that thats obviously not a possibility. I'll shoot myself in the foot if that happens.

Ŧo say all of this started because of a cinematic transition. If Dk and mrs.DK were shown in that trailer having sex and making a baby hinting us that dk.jr would be part of ssbb's cast, I'm sure that half of this community would believe that DK would have to copulate in the middle of a game to transform.

Flare233

Smash Journeyman
...Okay I'm sick of responding to stupid things like this. Of course all classic character from SSB1 will return! It's SSB Melee you need to worry about!
Now that's not very nice. Calling me stupid. Where is it confirmed that the original 12 will be in SSBB no matter what? What's wrong with hoping for Captain Falcon (especially his knee of truth) to return even if he is likely to be included? There's still a chance they could cut some of the original 12.

copper90

Smash Apprentice
What kind of rumors are going around regarding characters from Melee? I wish they would just keep all of them, then just add on.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Pika Final Smash! Volt Tackle ftw!!

if updates like this come out everyday this week, this could be one of the best weeks ever! i love it, a final smash you control! i'm going to have a lot of fun with pika

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
That's one hell of a final smash. But it's speed and control could be a problem. If it's to slow, then it would be bad for pika. IMO, it should be pretty fast and have half decent controls. Unavoidable? Yes, but hey, it's a smash attack.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
Finally another newcomer. i knew we would get Wario. lol Wario looks like one of those characters that i wont ever use too much but will beat the crap out of.

so he eats people? lol

ew

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Now that's not very nice. Calling me stupid. Where is it confirmed that the original 12 will be in SSBB no matter what? What's wrong with hoping for Captain Falcon (especially his knee of truth) to return even if he is likely to be included? There's still a chance they could cut some of the original 12.
...big knee of truth?

Nah, man. It's the "Big Knee of Justice."

Lol.

On topic, tho'...

Ridley's music is freakin' awesome. If all the tracks from Melee are that badass, I might not have to listen to my iPod while playing anymore (not to say I don't like vintage Nintendo tracks---it's just I wasn't too fond of Melee's soundtrack).

Volt Tackle seems pretty cool, too. I just wonder how it can "canceled," as Sakurai mentioned...

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. "The South Ya'
Volt Tackle seems pretty cool, too. I just wonder how it can "canceled," as Sakurai mentioned...
Maybe it just means that it runs out. In japanese the word for cancelled could mean cancel, run out, finish, or complete. So it could be just a translation error or something else.

About wario, he looks pretty cool, i'll only use him a few times though...

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
What does Sakurai mean by 'canceled' Bacon?
^^^^
Rofl at the term Bacon, I just had to be cool like the big kids and use it for once :)
Anyways, this question is asked too much. It simply means when the limit of the Final Smash runs out. Ta-da!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
^^^^
Rofl at the term Bacon, I just had to be cool like the big kids and use it for once :)
Anyways, this question is asked too much. It simply means when the limit of the Final Smash runs out. Ta-da!
Wow. That's the umpteenth person that's used BACON tonight. I can't believe it's taking off into other threads.

Green Shell, your "ta-da" made me flinch on the inside.

Lol. In all seriousness, though, you got a point. They could've phrased it better, tho' (but even that's a moot point anyway since we're getting daily updates that are remotely correct. ^_^)

As for Wario...man, he is lookin' awesome. I can't wait to play as him.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
eh i'll use him a few times, but he won't be a main. i just like the pics. of course we get him scratching his butt, but he tries to eat kirby and dives head first toward the ground. this is going to be our humorous character for brawl

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Agreed at all of the Wario comments. These are definitely the funniest screenshots yet. I don't think he'd be in my top 5 (that's right, I have a top 5), but I'd definitely use him if I was just having a good day and beating the crap out of people...kinda like Bowser (down throw = complete humiliation).

Biosage X

Smash Apprentice
okay, looking at the update for today, Fox and two of his special moves...what do you guys think of this?

why does he have two guns? one in his hands, obviously, but...why is there still one in his holster? (bottom left corner)

dual wielding? did he pick up an item? is it just a first picture with bugs still in the system?

discuss.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
1. Fox looks slightly more okay to me now. 2. I like the new gun. 3. I thought only newcomers would get Special Moves updates, so this throws my predictions way off. 4. It's cool that he now has a particular gizmo for the reflector. 5. w00t a pic of Zamus doing something - this probably proves her gun isn't permanently set to whip aspect...

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
At first, I found Fox his new look quite... bad. But now, with those new screenshots and especially the one with the blaster 3 posts above me convinced me that he really does look good.

Something else, I think that the topic starter should really start updating. We're more than a week behind now. Time to update it!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Just three more character updates left (Zamus Meta Knight and Solid snake) until we get new character updates...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Maybe he actually holds the things he last used (Like in zelda after you have used an item your still holding it) it could explain why he holds his gun sometimes and why he doesn't.

jb254

Smash Apprentice
YAY! We get an explanation as to how Fox creates that reflector.

Fox blaster works just like in Melee. So that begs the question: Who will be able to fire a nonrapid-fire laser that stuns the enemy. Would ZS Samus be given that (since that was what her gun basically did in Metroid: Zero Mission), or will that be saved for a returning Falco?

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Just three more character updates left (Zamus Meta Knight and Solid snake) until we get new character updates...
Not only that, but he's probably wanting to post the special moves of the newcomers (YAY!!) and the veterans (****.)

So we got like two weeks before we'll get new stuff if he continues to feed us stuff for the characters.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I thought they were going to be consistent in grouping the special moves (as in, ^B & B and <B and vB), but clearly that is not the case.

1. Fox looks slightly more okay to me now. 2. I like the new gun. 3. I thought only newcomers would get Special Moves updates, so this throws my predictions way off.
I bet you didn't anticipate "You must recover!" either...;)

5. w00t a pic of Zamus doing something - this probably proves her gun isn't permanently set to whip aspect...
In the second trailer they show her switching it on and off between whip mode and gun modes.

Maybe he actually holds the things he last used (Like in zelda after you have used an item your still holding it) it could explain why he holds his gun sometimes and why he doesn't.
I actually like this idea, but I think it has more to do with the fact that in the earlier shots they were going to have him holding it all the time, and now they made it how it was before.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
today is the only day i'm dissapointed in. we know the veteran's movesets, and even though i know some people haven't played smash before, he knows he could of done these earlier. the only news i thought was decent was fox uses that thing to turn on his reflector, but i guessed that already. if there was another update to go along with it, it would of been ok. however, i really think he should of shown the rest of Pit's moveset instead of this

the grim lizard

Smash Master
today is the only day i'm dissapointed in. we know the veteran's movesets, and even though i know some people haven't played smash before, he knows he could of done these earlier. the only news i thought was decent was fox uses that thing to turn on his reflector, but i guessed that already. if there was another update to go along with it, it would of been ok. however, i really think he should of shown the rest of Pit's moveset instead of this
I'll say it again: You can't complain...SCREENSHOTS! Yeah, we get screenshots daily (almost), which is more than most games can even dream of (even Melee)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom