• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No, take out MK and IC's and there you go lol

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yes.
That's why Duelist.

I mean ****, not only is there only 1 character in Duelist, but it's also the only way to play Snake where port priority literally does not affect the match at all.

Tesh

Smash Hero
How many good stages does duelist have now anyway? I never liked that V shaped one, but the ones where you can only tech walls or the ceiling has gaps that force you to actually DI looked fun.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I remember a japanese video where one of the falling hazards was a starman. Invincibility as a hazard is just gold. The ruleset discussion forum needs an official duelist thread.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I like the upside-down-V-shaped one.
Maybe it's because it's the only one I've ever played on. But I've gotten so used to it that I can comfortably play it on high speed and live past 300% consistently.

getonmylvlson

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You lowballing lowballer! Don't lowball me!

crifer

Smash Lord
Theres always Yoshi/Ike/ROB/random character that the guy doesnt know how to CG for ICs.
not true at all.
The cg timing works mostly based on the weight. If you know which character belongs to which weight class, you should know how to cg the said character.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Chain-grabbing isn't even that hard.

I never practice the CG but I can still choose ICs in friendlies every now and then and 0 > death most non-heavy characters (I don't know how to hobble, so heavies are blegh).

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I use K Prime mashing but I'm bad at it so I don't get out before the throw unless I began mashing before the grab connected (mashing inputs get buffered)

It's funny, sometimes I expect to be grabbed (eg after I whiff a grab) so I start mashing...and then the opponent doesn't react quickly enough so they get hit by something that was input by my mashing

I got Will with 2 accidental fsmashes during our MM lmao

Myollnir

Smash Ace
I use K Prime mashing but I'm bad at it so I don't get out before the throw unless I began mashing before the grab connected (mashing inputs get buffered)

It's funny, sometimes I expect to be grabbed (eg after I whiff a grab) so I start mashing...and then the opponent doesn't react quickly enough so they get hit by something that was input by my mashing
Same here :laugh:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
If you mash extremely well you can probably get out when the ICs need a break. It takes less time than it takes a Lucario to knock you back with force palm, seeing as you can get out of that.

Actually, I don't know that much on grabs. Do different characters have different minimal times you can get out of a grab?

Also, constantly rolling the movement stick around in a circle when trying to break out tends to result in an air release more often. Just something i've noticed.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Position of the control stick is irrelevant to air releasing afaik
afaik? o.O

I know, I didn't believe it either... but this works for me. Maybe it's a mental thing but I honestly don't think it is. Watch this match:

Luco (:lucas:, :ness2:) vs. Dre (:bowser2:)

I have never air-released so much in one match ever but this match I used this tactic. Can it really just be me??

The first match was mainly where I used it, he didn't grab me as much in the other ones if i recall.

Oh, and this is an old vid of me, that's not my meta game anymore. I'm still considering this technique though.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
AFAIK = As Far As I Know
I'm about to watch the vid, but keep in mind that Bowser will only ground release you in the middle of his pummel, and his pummel is slow as balls.

EDIT: Yeah, you were breaking out in-between pummels.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Iunno, you'll have to ask a smash lab guy to be sure, but from what I know about the game - it shouldn't make a difference (only thing that does is whether your feet are touching the ground and whether you are being pummeled)

I want to go to the next Sydney major, as much as Ted would hate that, so I'll probably get to play against you :)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
That sounds great. Sydney majors, though? Aside from that one we had before I even started playing I didn't think we HAD majors.

Also time is being pretty harsh on me atm. I'm hoping I can make it to the next minor tourny but i'm honestly not sure at this stage. :/

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
I've been watching recent vids of you your not bad ^

lol i'm not sure why but in the recommened vids section are matches of me rofl my tag in them is britmancav xD

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hm? Oh, those online matches are not me, don't worry about those. Don't know why they're called online matches with Luco... >_>

Those 'Lucas (Luco) and mike play' - whatever... that's not me either. The only Luco stuff on there that is me is elysium's tournament (matches with invisi, dre and a couple random matches) and an older tourny where the only vids are me vs. invisi.

The tournament videos are 6 months old.... Since then, i've learnt how to Dtilt lock, jab combo (obviously doesn't work that well with Lucas but anyway), zap jump much more accurately, learn to use duster's rope snake more in recovery, pivot grab better, do current meta-game stuff like SH PKF and the like, and much much more.

I don't mean i'm not proud of those vids (well actually i'm not proud of all the rolling... i've stopped that now), just that i've moved on, hopefully much better. :-P

Thanks for the compliment though PMC, even with all ^ that said, I am really happy that you like it. :-)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I never realized that pre-emptive mashing got buffered. That's pretty cool. Does it all get buffered at once or does it take 10 frames?

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom