• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
IMaybe not against Pikachu or DDD (which are already his 2 worst MUs) but he does fine there against everyone else.
I personally think DDD:Snake is even, and the DDD boards and some Snakes (including Fatal last time I spoke to him in-person) think it's even as well. If that is the case, then Marth, MK, Oli, and Pika are all worse MUs for Snake then DDD.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I don't think the MK MU is that much better for Flaoc than Snake.
Snake also beats Diddy, ICs and Wario (all imo) and does noticeably better against high and mid tiers (all winning MUs except for losing to DDD and going even with ZSS and maybe Ike and DK)

I guess it's just a matter of opinion cause we seem to disagree on their (Flaoc's and Snaok's) MUs and that's really what determines how good they are.

Yes Bubba, Snake can handle RC just fine. Maybe not against Pikachu or DDD (which are already his 2 worst MUs) but he does fine there against everyone else.

I just realized this is probably my first post in the last 10 pages or so where I'm actually talking about the tier list. Dammit.
Snake is actually bad though. I don't go by good/bad based on what people think MUs are.
Snake is so easy.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Snake is okay, I tend to see Snake getting further than Falco when it comes to tournaments. *shrug*

I also think Oli is ever so slightly over-rated. Not by much but 2nd seems a little to prestigious for him IMO. I think 3rd or 4th would be my perfect fit for him. :ohwell:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Appealing to results, Snake is really damn good.

But v115 don't you remember what was discussed in this thread? Most Falco mains have secondaries for those bad mu's so it shouldn't affect his placement negatively. Come one man get with the program. :glare:

:phone:
Haha hyperbotard. I said that the ability to have a secondary means that Falco shouldn't be completely crippled by the tier list, not that his bad MUs should be ignored. This (and SWF's inability to understand comparisons) are the main problems with debating here.

Snake can handle RC? :p Also, I think DDD's MU against Snake is a little worse than what the MU chart shows.

Edit: And yeah, what Raptor said. :awesome:
Snake's good on RC, actually.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
I don't think the MK MU is that much better for Flaoc than Snake.
Snake also beats Diddy, ICs and Wario (all imo) and does noticeably better against high and mid tiers (all winning MUs except for losing to DDD and going even with ZSS and maybe Ike and DK)

I disagree with Snake beating Wario. Their MUs in high tier are slightly in Falco's favor, and their mid tier MUs aren't much different outside of a couple like Rob, Kirby, and Donkey Kong.

:happysheep:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Unfortunately there's only like 2 pages in the thread I found them in and I tried to get the best ones. =(

It's in here, though, if you want to have a look. :o

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=320468

Found another quote from there that's hilarious in hindsight, seeing as all the characters he talks about... well... yeah:
it's an april fools thread from this year dude, lol

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I don't mind snake being where he is. i know it's a silly reason to like him there but... he's a perfect example that heavy-weight characters can actually be top tier. :p

I know that's a huge generalization and there's a lot more that goes in to it than just that but it falls under the roof of making a good heavyweight....

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I don't mind snake being where he is. i know it's a silly reason to like him there but... he's a perfect example that heavy-weight characters can actually be top tier. :p

I know that's a huge generalization and there's a lot more that goes in to it than just that but it falls under the roof of making a good heavyweight....
His weight is but one of many things that holds him up there. If Bowser had nades, and a sweet sweet DACUS like snake, he'd be a lot higher too.

EDIT: I almost forgot about tilts. dem tilts 2 gud

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Bowser doesn't need much to be top tier at all; he's already got movement speed, range, weight, frame 1 up-b and an air grab. He just lacks a cohesive standard moveset, so he can't circumvent his major flaws like Snake can.

Give him some extra speed or range on a few moves and he's good to go.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Because we, Zelda panelists are all negative with our character.

No, but seriously, it's just too hard to keep up with her Landing Lag Cancel game, Zelda can only wall/stop one move at a time, throw two and she's in big trouble.
Plus, Dsmash won't ever hit Peach.
And don't get me started with Turnips.....

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)

Well, he could drop a couple spots and still be Top Tier, you know. :p

Bowser doesn't need much to be top tier at all; he's already got movement speed, range, weight, frame 1 up-b and an air grab. He just lacks a cohesive standard moveset, so he can't circumvent his major flaws like Snake can.

Give him some extra speed or range on a few moves and he's good to go.
I disagree with this. Bowser needs a lot to be top tier. For one, every Top Tier (other than Oli) has a passable recovery that doesn't get shut down from being meteored. His attack speed and moveset also doesn't compliment his movement speed and they leave blind spots. Altering his moveset alone would be a major change. Btw, Bowser's upB doesn't hit on frame 1, it is simply invincible on frame 1 (until frame 5). It hits on frame 6. This is probably what you meant, but it's really an entirely different concept between having a frame 1 upB and an upB with frame 1 invincibility.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Because we, Zelda panelists are all negative with our character.

No, but seriously, it's just too hard to keep up with her Landing Lag Cancel game, Zelda can only wall/stop one move at a time, throw two and she's in big trouble.
Plus, Dsmash won't ever hit Peach.
And don't get me started with Turnips.....
This MU requires a TON of patience, I find myself rarely using dsmash in it. I find I'm using jab more as a gtfo move than the typical fsmash. It really comes down to how patient you are with Zelda, trust me it got to the point I just ran away without the intent of ever hitting her waiting for her to approach me, since this is where Zelda shines.

As a Peach main... it might also help that I know a lot of Peach's flaws and I def know when she can be punished. Zelda is def a secondary of mine though, who recently I've been putting more time into. Afaik Zelda is pretty dead in rep, could explain why there's not much going for her. Though Zelda is not doing too bad in this specific mu.

I also think Zelda is not THAT bad to be placed where she is now, but the fact where she is in the tier doesn't matter regardless I guess nothing changes if she stays where she is. Imho I believe she's either top of Bottom tier, or bottom of low tier.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Then what do you go by?
Characters actually being good. I am of the opinion that almost everybody is stupid as ****, so anything made by stupid people is flawed. Esp. Tier lists and MU charts where mid-level players are giving mid-level input as if it helps.

:phone:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well, he could drop a couple spots and still be Top Tier, you know. :p
Everyone in Bottom Tier should be tied. :smash:
Does it haaaaaave to?

I think until Snake stops getting results only just below MK (more or less), he's fine where he is.

I think there is some semblance of tiers even in bottom. Ganon's just so easy for me. Link on the other hand is a little harder if he knows what he's doing.

Could be personal experience. :ohwell:

@Nick: it's the mid-level input that we test, try and redo that helps us become better.

At least, that was the idea.

I just think not allowing low/mid level discussion could be detrimental for the few that actually want to take this stuff and test it out to become better. If it was only top-level players giving input (thus why there is a BR), we'd find our-selves lacking in a way to get better. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom