• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Bowser should have an attack that lets him skateboard
he should have a rap battle with parappa and the winner gets his skateboard not even trolling

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
that would actually be really hype i think

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Why was D-tier (high mid) changed to Borderline?

Are the characters in that tier literally borderline in terms of viability?

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
man who even cares about the crappy-*** mid tiers :awesome:

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
train i am loving that you're still using that avatar

pidgezero_one #1 on the photoshop PR 2012

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
MU CHART SOMETHING BLAH BLAH COMING SOON TO A THEATRE NEAR YOU

or something

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
MU CHART SOMETHING BLAH BLAH COMING SOON TO A THEATRE NEAR YOU

or something
The problem with it is the massive amount of inactivity going on there.
We're supposed to finish the phase 1 (get each panel to propose changes for its character) by friday and only like 10 or less panels are actively discussing their stuff.
I'm not sure if it is because the project is happening right during the holidays season.

btw, the answer is not directed to you DMG, it is for everytone to know.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
You know, the more I think about it, I can't even remember what the argument against was. o.O
I think Gheb was trying to argue that Mewtwo could have been OU instead of Uber at some point in time. Of course, DMG responded (and I'm pretty sure everyone agreed) that there was NO point in time at all that Mewtwo could have ever been OU, not even one. :laugh:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Mewtwo could've been OU when Snorlax was baws and you disallowed fighting moves on mewtwo.

But that's purely because Snorlax was da bonkers boss of bonkers.

Wah wah wah mewtwo would knock out my skarmory and be disallowed fighting/good physical moves from mewtwo for blissy. wah wah wah.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Mewtwo could've been OU when Snorlax was baws and you disallowed fighting moves on mewtwo.

Wah wah wah mewtwo would knock out my skarmory and be disallowed fighting/good physical moves from mewtwo for blissy. wah wah wah.
Even then, Mewtwo could also run a curse set (assuming you're talking about GSC) or run surprise self destruct/counter. Maybe Psych Up to copy Snorlax boosts and try to stall him out or something. If you *really* take away everyyyything then yes Snorlax would be boss sauce.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
*ding ding ding*

mostly those below them as they say 'it's your money.' Hell even some in boderline are arguably unviable.
hahaha gotcha

We should totally translate each smash tier into Pokemon tier

SAB tier becomes OU
CD tier becomes BL / UU
:embarrass:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Why was D-tier (high mid) changed to Borderline?

Are the characters in that tier literally borderline in terms of viability?
No.

Hence why the name they chose is stupid, they should change it back to being called High Mid Tier again, you know, cuz thats what it actually is.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Even then, Mewtwo could also run a curse set (assuming you're talking about GSC) or run surprise self destruct/counter. Maybe Psych Up to copy Snorlax boosts and try to stall him out or something. If you *really* take away everyyyything then yes Snorlax would be boss sauce.
I'm pretty sure that Mewtwo could get away with a lot more than that. Besides, even if Snorlax stopped Mewtwo in his tracks, he'd still be Uber material because he'd destroy almost every other OU Pokemon. He'd be overcentralizing, and last time I checked, over-centralizing = banworthy, even if it isn't necessarily OP. Don't forget that Psych Up/Curse/Counter can all be combined with Recover for ridiculous stalling/set-up.

We should totally translate each smash tier into Pokemon tier

SAB tier becomes OU
CD tier becomes BL / UU
:embarrass:
Nahhh, S should be Uber, y'know, because it has only MK in it and he was officially banned once. :awesome: AB is OU. C is BL. D is UU. EFG is RU/LU. H+ is NU. :cool:

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Oh yeaaaaah.

MK was banned. How did that pan out? Why did you guys unban him? Was it because he actually wasn't broken (but merely a top tier threat?).

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Because a ban involves many factors and in the end, its ban-worth is subjective.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
There are too many issues regarding MK as a banned character, but I think the biggest factor in his unbanning was the URC's disbandment. MK was banned for one of the same reasons Pokemon are banned in....Pokemon. He was overcentralizing to the point that he shaped competitive stage lists and rulesets. He encouraged LGL's as well as brought a tougher one upon himself, he made RC and Brinstar practically unviable, and he caused the restriction of 'regular' actions, such as gliding underneath the stage.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The URC was disbanded precisely because it was critiqued way too hard after anouncing MK's ban, plus the fact a lot of tournaments would NOT be using it because APEX's was different (which pretty much meant they had failed to use an Universal Ruleset).

And despite how much a character is centralizing, rules are done to keep him in place, how it affects the metagame and stuff, all are objective, those being bad enough to warrant a ban is subjective.

Like, literally every TO can do what ever they feel like with their rulesets.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Funny enough, during Brawl's life span, there were a couple few nationals, and MK didn't win one until 2012 (in which a MK won APEX'12 and SKTAR).

He was doing great at MLG though, but then..... yeah...

Not trying to make a point though, just here, poking holes in the argument, saying that, he didn't win a tournament THAT MATTER until recently.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Funny enough, during Brawl's life span, there were a couple few nationals, and MK didn't win one until 2012 (in which a MK won APEX'12 and SKTAR).

He was doing great at MLG though, but then..... yeah...

Not trying to make a point though, just here, poking holes in the argument, saying that, he didn't win a tournament THAT MATTER until recently.
I think the same could be said for the spacees (especially Fox) in Melee, involving certain points in time late in Melee's development... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom