• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
lol Dair, you can just tech that ****.

The thing is that Lucas's options leave him so you can punish him. Like you will know when he will PSI magnet because the flames will show it and he can't go the other direction or else you will either fall or use his **** up b recovery.

Snake is so pointless and ****. Snake is a small ranged grab that can't be used to attack.

also I know that pk fire can be used to recover but it's predictable. Why do you think D3, Snake, and Zelda have such bad recoverys, because they're predictable and punishable.

In Brawl, recovery range doesn't matter as much as prediction because gimping is near impossible. Edge guarding is mostly about punishing and damage racking.

Grab release is a major flaw for him, he can get both ground and air released. He also has comboing problems for a middle weighted character.

Lucas sucks, accept it.
I already accepted this a long time ago.

But please,have in mind that Lucas´ recovery is one of the things who makes him top of the low tiers,and NEVER compare it to any character with a bad recovery.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
@allshort - Correct. But even at high level play it can be hard to predict. I'm proactive in my recovery. I space a certain way to bait my opponent to try and punish my recovery. I then pick the safe recovery option. I'm thinking Doc while I'm playing.

Doc King

Smash Lord
mwahahaahaaha this guy is just proving my earlier point. U HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YER TALKING ABOUT.

Stop while yer ahead. Go play melee

U know there is something called "thinking" in this game. Try it. U can do mixups with yer recovery. Oh goodness.

I could not believe my eyes when I read this. I don't know if this guy is serious. Melee and other games like the Marvel vs Capcom games and the Street fighter games take thinking. Probably even more than Brawl does. They have much more strategy too.

Edit: I would like to post this to the melee boards and have them take a look at it.
I'm pretty sure if you hold up on the control stick you won't get hit into the lock, even if you don't tech it. (the lucas dair to dtilt)
+1 for me! :awesome:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Face palm* This is my last response to yer posts. All brawl is at high level play is thinking buddy. There are no combos in brawl really. It is a battle to solely outsmart yer opponent at high level play. After u start a combo in traditional fighters...that is muscle memory. Brawl has no combos. (Please don't think I'm saying u don't have to think in those games...)

And yes I was joking when I said go and play melee.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
All games that aren't entirely luck based, 99% of all games, have an element of thinking.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
If by thinking... you mean spacing/yoyoing/and THEN some thinking... yeah, you're right. All thinking.

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
Doc just don't talk about Lucas man, you obviously don't know what you're talking about. And it's not like we're in here battling for high tier for Lucas lol. Get off your high horse brosef.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Be specific the first time, and then people won't miss it due to ambiguity.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Well it makes sense not everyone gets it.

Most people play this game by mastering some tricks, a playstyle, and just seeing if it works.

A few people gain the power to learn how to read their opponents habits and adapt during gameplay. This is a tuff feature. This is what I mean by "thinking" I guess.
Anti is a good example of this. This is why he is such a beast.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Thinking is thinking. Adapting is adapting. They are two different skills.
The best players don't have to think, they subconsciously adapt/space/mixup without putting through to it. Having to think actually slows you down.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
In other words u just stated what we humans call "auto piloting".
Yer wrong. I said at the highest level of play. Not to beat a noob!!

And if u don't adapt without thinking about the right adaptation it is pointless. Goodness. Some of u need to play some FPS competitively to understand competition it seems.

Read my quote by Daigo in my signature. When yer reading yer opponent yer thinking sillybun.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Doc King, I skipped the last page so I didn't read anything you posted, but I know you're spouting nonsense again so please stop.

The best players don't have to think, they subconsciously adapt/space/mixup without putting through to it. Having to think actually slows you down.
That's still thinking, just thinking incredibly quick. I don't even think you can subconsciously do something like that.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
oh Doc king that is what I'm saying. Before the snaking yer right I couldn't get in and I would say lucas should be low tier without it. It makes that much of a difference but i guess u wouldn't understand unless u play lucas. Yall just need to play me to see I guess.

For example, I used to get bodied by wolfs before my new playstyle and ATs. Ask wolfs. They will tell u I handle them well. I believe that matchup is even now.
Da ****? What :wolf:'s? If you use :lucas:'s grapple in front of me then I'll just Fsmash, grab, or jab. Don't know why people fall for moves with not hitbox.

I've always thought the matchup was either +1 :wolf: or even, but not cause of you. I thought it because of playing Pinky Sexy Fresh.
Thinking is thinking. Adapting is adapting. They are two different skills.
NR speaks the truth.

+5 points for Florida.

:018:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I've already stated it's not meant to scare even tho some people say it does. I've said a million times its for the spacing.

Watch this for example.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h2QpkUBsYU

U didn't do what u just said :woman: Oh Seagull don't lie to me!!
For one, that's a dollar MM. I don't know why people keep taking these so seriously...I'm never taking any dollar MM requests anymore from players that aren't nubs.

Two, if you watch the match, you only used grapple on stage when I was on the other side of the stage.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Dude yer proving my earlier point haha. Ah I can't try unless it's tourney wahwah. This community's mentality is terrible

1:44 and :15 are two quick examples. Again it's for spacing not scaring u. It's a proactive tool. Not reactive.

And call it snaking :cool:

The only reason I said 1 dollar is cuz I wanted to test my new skills against a top wolf(I know most people have to have money to play foreal). Cuz we only have played in doubles tourneys.
But even that wasn't enuff. mwwahahaahaahaha smh

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Dude yer proving my earlier point haha. Ah I can't try unless it's tourney wahwah. This community's mentality is terrible

1:44 and :15 are two quick examples. Again it's for spacing not scaring u. It's a proactive tool. Not reactive.

And call it snaking :cool:

The only reason I said 1 dollar is cuz I wanted to test my new skills against a top wolf(I know most people have to have money to play foreal). Cuz we only have played in doubles tourneys.
But even that wasn't enuff. mwwahahaahaahaha smh
:15 worked because I was in lag from dash attacking. Probably due to me inputting error trying to Dacus (I never purposely try to DA). You didn't even have to grapple on stage to Ftilt. You could've done anything at that point.

1:44 you jumped so my Fsmash missed. You didn't have to grapple on stage.

You haven't proven to me that I got baited by the Ninjalink :lucas: thing (He was the first one to continually use :lucas:'s grapple on stage. You just use it more).

Edit: Play me for $5 or in tourney. That's all I want...I already think the matchup is +1 or even anyways so I don't know what you need to prove to me. My record with Pink Fresh is 1-3.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
dude it allowed me to land a millisecond faster than if I had airdodged. Timing is everything.
There is another example, where cuz i did it I was able to power shield yer bair.

These small things matter. But I guess some people just won't understand.

Again. It's a proactive thing I am using to space while reading my opponents.

I'm not trying to prove anything to u my friend. I stated why I even said 1 dollar in the first place. It was to test my strength against a top wolf. Which I think u are.

And show me a vid of him doing it. Never saw it once. I am new tho. 2010 so...meh

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
dude it allowed me to land a millisecond faster than if I had airdodged. Timing is everything.
There is another example, where cuz i did it I was about to power shield yer bair.

These small things matter. But I guess some people just won't understand.

Again. It's a proactive thing I am using to space while reading my opponents.

I'm not trying to prove anything to u my friend. I stated why I even said 1 dollar in the first place. It was to test my strength against a top wolf. Which I think u are.
Well thank you for the compliment. Let's play sometime soonish~. We haven't played since that dollar MM (8 months ago).

If you want to have seriouslies then you can just ask me. It doesn't have to be a MM for $5 or more. When only a dollar is on the line I don't try and go for dumb things like tons of dairs.

But like I said, you don't have to prove to me that :lucas: is even or -1 vs :wolf: or needs to be higher on the tier list because I was the main contributor in the BBR to saying that ._.

I'd have :lucas: maybe 5 spots higher lol...

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Mekos, you make yourself look like a complete idiot on the boards, holy ****. It makes it hard for me to vouch for you cuz people will just **** talk you since you don't actually use correct terminology and call players scrubs when they do.

Understanding risk/reward isn't necessarily thinking, it's just knowing options. Picking up on habits your opponent has an abusing them isn't thinking, it is adapting to the situation. Sure, you have a basis for what you will assume people will do, but that is more character specific unless you study specific people. Either way, that isn't thinking.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Dude i'm not calling anybody a scrub...or picking on anyone.

And I don't care if people **** talk me lol. I think people get what I was saying. Even if my "terminology" isn't correct.

I'm calling picking up on people's habits is "thinking" right. Who cares if that isn't the perfect lingo. Get my overall point.

C.J.

Smash Master
Reading through this thread since I've gotten home, I can honestly say I've never loved Eric as much as I do right now.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Oh, my bad, I thought you called him a noob, not "beating a noob." Sowways. I guess I'm too tired to be arguing right now...

Edit: <3 CJ. I just get mad when people argue about things that they don't look at the #s for when that something they are arguing about is based on numbers...

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure he was referring to me destroying you when you were talking about lucas and sheik and ike and blah blah considering you were 100% wrong and didn't actually argue with me afterwards...

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Oh, my bad, I thought you called him a noob, not "beating a noob." Sowways. I guess I'm too tired to be arguing right now...

Edit: <3 CJ. I just get mad when people argue about things that they don't look at the #s for when that something they are arguing about is based on numbers...
Who'd you think he called a noob?
And here comes the Florida extreme bias...U will always love Esam even if he kills yer family member. And yer love will only grow for him
How could you not love Eric? He is Collette. The chosen one~.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
He thought I called Nick Riddle a noob. His love for his brother is admirable. He came quickly to defend his honor.

BUt if in his next post he was talking about Nick Riddle. We were talking about posts just made right above it lol
The convo started from Doc's posts.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
LUCAS SUCKS GET OVER IT YOU AREN'T EVEN GOOD MAN I'M BETTER THAN YOU AT DOUBLES ***** **** YOU

#derailing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom