• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
IMO his matchup spread is way too good for him on the chart.

he should be -2 with D3, snake, and fox. and possibly -3 with MK.

though marth should be even and maybe GW too.

@dark.pch- didn't some top lucario **** on him at some national? I also don't know of him beating any trelabugs... but yeah the matchup is +1 for luc.
if you talking about lee martin, that was apex 2010 pools. Praxis beat his lucario, then he runs off to metaknight and Praxis lost (oh things go bad, I'll run too meta ftw) Big whoop.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
just like that one lose on gnes for leon does not mean anything to where leon nearly won right?
lmfao

Leon doesn't prance around claiming he's a Diddy slayer unlike Praxis and the Lucario matchup.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
You can't be serious. All the times I hear you get all hyped and giigles when it comes to Peach and wolf and I hear you say this? you gotta be trolling.
Lolwut? I've just always said :wolf: beats :peach:. I never said he destroys her.

If I said :wolf: was +2 vs :peach: then that sounds ridiculous given the characters :wolf: is +2 against (:ness2:, :yoshi2:, :mario2:).

:018:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Lolwut? I've just always said :wolf: beats :peach:. I never said he destroys her.

Dude, do not get me started on the first time you played me in one friendlie at ktar, barely win and oh how hyped you got after the tourny. You really think people don't tell me things? When it comes to with and peach you are the first come come out of left field with the "wolf and Peach, trololololololoolol." or peach in general. You even put a smirk on your face after I lost.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Does it matter if peach loses to bluecario :I?

I don't think anyone has really done anything with her since the kosmos days I:

:pichu:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Dude, do not get me started on the first time you played me in one friendlie at ktar, barely win and oh how hyped you got after the tourny. You really think people don't tell me things? When it comes to with and peach you are the first come come out of left field with the "wolf and Peach, trololololololoolol." or peach in general. You even put a smirk on your face after I lost.
I'm a warrior clearly.

I'd like to play ya sometime though. I love playing :peach:'s.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
...so like no disrespect, but how the hell does peach beat lucario?!

in theory it shouldn't work. Trouble getting kills, low priority, light weight. These are traits that lucario thrive offa.

Can I ask your oppinion on why peach wins Dark.pch? '3' I just wanna get a peaches side to this. I don't know much about peach other then turnips are godly, and the pressure she could put on a shield is fairly safe.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
uhhhhhhhhhh

in theory it shouldn't work. Trouble getting kills, low priority, light weight. These are traits that lucario thrive offa.
She doesn't beat Lucario.
It's a bad matchup, probably her hardest -1.

Closest I've ever gotten to beating Trela was yesterday, game 3, last hit.

Tesh

Smash Hero
IMO his matchup spread is way too good for him on the chart.

he should be -2 with D3, snake, and fox. and possibly -3 with MK.

though marth should be even and maybe GW too.

@dark.pch- didn't some top lucario **** on him at some national? I also don't know of him beating any trelabugs... but yeah the matchup is +1 for luc.
if you talking about lee martin, that was apex 2010 pools. Praxis beat his lucario, then he runs off to metaknight and Praxis lost (oh things go bad, I'll run too meta ftw) Big whoop.
Apex 2010 was a LONG time ago. Lee Martin's Lucario also lost to __X__ Sonic, maybe he isn't great at random bad character matchups (after all he has MK to clean that up).

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
**** :lucario:. I always lose to Junebug!!!!!!!!

Though we legit, haven't played in almost a year...

I refuse to believe :luigi2: or :lucario: are worst then they are (:luigi2: as LT and :lucario: as MT), but maybe I'm biased cause I play good ones (Boss and June).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario goes even against Oli and Snake. Snake destroys Wario with grab releases and Oli camps Wario better than any other character
\

All Snake gets is Utilt Uair and Bair. At least thats all that's worthy: Nair isn't worth it if you SDI. Grabbing him with Snake besides pivot grabbing is also hard. He's better off trying to outright punish Wario OOS with tilts or Utilt immediately as Wario comes in than try to grab/shield grab him.

Olimar... there's a side of it I think you may not know about. The Wario camping Olimar side. Go look at recent vids of Bassem vs Denti.

Can I ask your oppinion on why peach wins Dark.pch? '3' I just wanna get a peaches side to this. I don't know much about peach other then turnips are godly, and the pressure she could put on a shield is fairly safe.
Praxis used to have a godly record vs Lucario players, probably because they didn't space well enough or spammed Dair too much (which he would then SDI and Uair or punish in general)

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Snake doesn't get DJ dair on Wario?
I know it sounds lulzy but it could help keep utilt/uair/bair fresh and even when SDI'd it'll probably do a good amount of damage.
And iirc it's harder to SDI than nair

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Does it matter if peach loses to bluecario :I?

:pichu:
Edreese
17th of 292 :: Genesis, Antioch CA :: 7/9-12/09

Dark.Pch
13th of 141 :: ECRC #4: Gameunicon: S.N.E.S., MA :: 8/21-23/09
49th out of 400 Apex 2012

Nicole
SiiS6 2nd out of 72 sometime 2011

Illmatic
whobo 4 (?) 13th out of ??? (I forgot) sometime in 2011
33rd out of 400 apex 2012

GGs

I'm a warrior clearly.

I'd like to play ya sometime though. I love playing :peach:'s.

Dude that was lame. come on, you can do better than that.

And I'll play you after ish trains me in the match up, so you won't win by luck and again and can finally lose to one. had it coming to you for a long time.

Aww yeahh :cool: we'll get to work at Collision 2 then?

And Gull always has a smirk lol, dw abut it :smirk:

:059:
Should have kicked it off his face....

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
uhhhhhhhhhh
O **** MY BAD xI

I forgot you mained peach LMAO :pichu:

Edit: Not gonna lie, I was watching the stream where nicole got 2nd and I have my doubts about whether some players were really trying all that hard because they went from crushing their opponents the round before and when they got to her they were playing like the nexus I:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
And I'll play you after ish trains me in the match up, so you won't win by luck and again and can finally lose to one. had it coming to you for a long time.
Lose to a :peach: or to you? I lost to a :peach: (Nicole) at Apex in pools, but it didn't matter in the end cause I got out lol. Though she legit beat me in a set for the first time, which makes us 1-1 or 2-1 I think. I plan to MM her next time I see her for $5 or $10 bucks.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Snake doesn't get DJ dair on Wario?
I know it sounds lulzy but it could help keep utilt/uair/bair fresh and even when SDI'd it'll probably do a good amount of damage.
And iirc it's harder to SDI than nair
That is even easier to SDI out of. He can get 2 kicks off usually, sometimes 1-3, but the last one shouldn't hit. It's hard to hit with even without the other person using SDI.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

I never once said, Peach beats lucario. Now that we got that out the way:

Peach should be fighting lucario more grounded vs him. if they see him going for Fairs or Dairs, leave him Be. She can beat thoses moves with your air attacks, but it is hard, and just end up taking up hits you could have avoided. if Lucario throws out his fair first, or does her bair first, she can beat it with bair. Glide toss to jabs to start the **** on the ground. if he is close enough to you when he goes for air attacks, Nair him.

peach really needs to play campy on lucario to get damage. Pressure, get hits, then when she can't get anymore, get away from him. And limt her air battles. He will mostly win thoses and start his combos. if she tries going aggressive on him, he will just be rolling away. and hard to catch since his roll is godly. Now w/e chance you had of getting damage, you have to start all over on approaching when Peach wanna hit him. Peach just reset the position. she can get hits off but as soon as one of you break free from attacking range, she needs to get away get away from him.

She can take him to the air with good timing but the range on his moves are a lil too much and cover his front/back side. peach with a poor air game leaves her open for stupid kills. one screw up can cost you a stock. Thats why it is best for her to not get carried away with air battles to take uneeded damage. Jab combos work for if he wants to roll alot and you have time to react and punish. Or get away from him when he wants to roll then attack.

Peach is a character that can control your evasive actions. When you get in Use Jab pressure. Like jab him once to Short hopped dair to another Jab to w/e you want after. Jab cancel as well to punish side steps. Or if you double Jab, don't mash it so face. Delay the jab. This catches side steps and punish grabs OoS. Here is one thing people fail to realize. When you pressure a character, they are forced to ether roll or side step. That is their only options. Now you knowing this, time to pause habits and make reads. if you pressure them in a corner they most lieky spot the enemy will roll is behind. So do a pressure game then grab/attack behind you. Cause thats where they will roll, and punish.

Center stage people can roll in ether direction. That's something you have to pay attention too. "Ok, when I pressure him, he always likes to roll away from me?" So when you pressure him, run forward to a dash attack.

"Ok, when I pressure him he loves to side step?" Jab cancel to snipe him out his side step and Grab him. Or Jab once and continue the pressure after you got that sidestep out. fools left wide open to get tossed around.

Now back to the match up.....

she can't get to combo happy on him cause they tend to get over you and Dair. And it is a hard move to beat when you are in the air under him. The sides too sometimes but depends on the angle you are too him. If she starting dishing out hits on him and he somehow gets over her try to get a nair on him, if not,she needs to just stop and get away from him.

All this is important cause as he takes more hit, he gets stronger, same time it is hard to kill him unless you do awsome edgeguarding. So he has one advantage and gains another as you pound on him. And for the risk of screwing up and dieing early, it is best you try and take the least amount of hits as possible. Cause when it is time to go in to kill him and he is at high %, it gets danagerous. And if you screw up trying to kill him and he hits you, it will hurt.

she should NOT be floating too much and short hop moves alot. Lucario has a stupid roll so if you float too much, he has no problem getting away from you and leaving yourself open for a hit. And she is not getting anywhere. w/e chance she had to get in on lucario and pressure him, she just screwed it up.

Glide toss to jab pressre/combos/mixups helps. She can't stay in one place for too long, his roll, remember.

DI away from him. Some times people tend to keep the control stick too lucario cause of them getting sent off stage. But this also depends on your % and his. Cause his fair has weak knock back so easy to chain it with others. And is he has high percent, he can't change attacks that well since his attacks get stronger. She should be able to Nair him out before his Nair kicks in. I don't think his Nair is that quick to make it legit. he nair is 3 frames and is out for years. Up close, lucario is not beating it. Better yet, up close, peach wins at everything.

when she get damage off him, she needs to run away, she can't dont stay on him for too long cause he is just gonna roll and she is left open. get her hits off and once ether of you break distance, leave him alone and camp. Move in slowly while camping and start the pressure. Repeat till a stock/match is done.

for kill move options and how she kills:

[COLLAPSE="info"]Though it may be a pain to kill with Peach at times, she does have a few kill options.

**= Can kill well with and mostly used for a finisher
* Can Kill but not as great as a kill move with 2 starts

- Fair **
- Bair **
- Nair
- Uair*
- Dair (% has to be quite high. Best to catch them in the air with it to make it a lil easier to kill with)
- Utilt **
- Ftilt *
- Dtilt (% has to be quite high)
- Fsmash **
- F-B (High damage or gimps)
-Up-B (% has to be pretty high. But this type of task can be easier if you do it high in the air or on a platform)
- Usmash**
- Turnips(Yes I am serious....turnips)**
- Toad (Yes......toad, but the % of the enemy has to be pretty darn high and it depends on character and stage.)

Now remember that this all depends on:
- How many times you used the attack
- Stage
- character you are playing
- the % or the enemy
- What part of the stage you are on when you unleashed the attack.

Save your moves that you need for killing. Use lots of jabs, get damage off of grabbing. When you grab them don't always launch them so fast. Kick them a few good times then toss them. N-air cant kill so well so use that alot. Dair helps since its not a Kill move. Space dtilts. And turnips. Once you get them to a good % Now you can fely on your kills moves like Fsmash and Up smash. Your fair and bairs, even upairs. uptilt as well. Try to save your most important moves to kill. Cause when you get them to that good %, all of your kill moves will be at full power. And it will be less of a struggle to kill.

Also Her upthrow can be a good tool for Killing.

"What, an Upthrow? the hell, How, that throw sucks and people hardly use it."

Oh? Well let me explain. At 50% and over, you really can't combo into anything. if you was to Fthrow them and Back throw them, then what. They are out of your range. and have to repeat the process of approaching them again. When you up throw them, They are over you, you can use turnips to at least hit them, or make it harder for them to touch the floor. And set up to land an attack on them. This is the more better ways to hit someone after a throw. This is center stage though. Near the edge you can just toss them out. but with some characters, Like DDD, DK, you are not gonna kill them off of a throw. So the hell with that right? Toss them up and get extra hits of of turnips, and even if that dont hit, they have to worry about evading them and then you hitting them while trying to land saftley to the floor. They will still Be in your attack range for turnips and even finishers more than any other throw at 50%+

Also she is good at racking up damage in w ways. Her Attacks and turnips. If you are gonna spam anything. it should not be your fair. it should be:

-Nair
-Dair
-Dtilt
-Jab
-Dsmash
-Turnips
-Grabs
-Up-B, used right and I am dead serious. 12% of damage I believe and good knock back at the final hit so you can't get punished for it that easy.
-Bair (sometimes.)
Uptilt (sometimes)
Uair (sometimes)

Now look at this list here. What is missing from here? Thats right, her kill options:
Fair
Fsmash
Upsmash.

The moves that have (somestimes) in them are moves that can kill as well but sometines are used to rack up damage, like within comboes. Now when I say spamm I don't mean be a dunce with the moves. uses them wall and with a brain to get some hits off. Then you still got your kill moves to kill earlier than expected. You can't just play Peach to play her. if your character can't just boldly kill, you can;t just go swinging attacks and playing so typical. This is why Peach does not get anywhere and people don't really see what she is about. Thus she is bias on her self and against characters. As well as people saying the typical stuff about her for over a year now.

"how can Peach rack up damage quick and early?"

Besides the chain grab we have:

Basic combos

-Dthrow>uptilt
-Dair>Nair
-Dair>Uair
-Dair>Fair
-Dair>Bair
-Jab>Dtilt
-Jab>grab
-Jab>Nair
-Jab>Nair
-Turnip>fair
-Turnip>Nair

Advance combos ( you would need good control of Peach and her floating as well)-

*= Depends on where your enemy is/goes after the first or second hit of the combo

-*Dair>Dair>Fair
-Dair>Dair
-Dair>Dair>Dair
-Dair>Dair>Dair>Uair
-*Dair>Dair>Dair>Uair>Up-B
-*Dair>Dair>falling Dair>Usmash/Utilt/Up-B
-*Dthrow>Ftilt>Uptilt/Usmash/Up-B
-*Dthrow>Ftilt>Jab>grab>Dthrow>Utilt/Uair/Up-B
-Bair>grab
-Fair>Jab>grab> (look at the list of what you can do after grabs)
-*Falling Dair>Jab>(look at the list of what you can do after jabs/grabs)
-*Falling Dair> Usmash/Utilt/Up-B/Nair/Bair

Now look at the list of moves I said to use alot that have (sometimes) in them. Then look at the combo list. Makes since to why it has (sometimes) next to them right you might already be using the move to get damage. So the won' be fresh for kill. other times they will.

Peach is like Chess, you just CAN'T go in there and say "ok, I wanna get this pawn with my rook" When there is a pawn right by it that can take you out. Now in Brawl terms.

You can just go swinging all your kill moves and all. You can get all the hits you wan't. Then when you get to that kill %, you are in trouble, you can't kill them at % they should be dead. And that sucks for you, and you already not a solid killer. oh man. then your enemy is gonna take you out easy. So you have to think how you gonna keep them kill moves fresh, and get your damage by new means. Peach and chess have something in common so you know.[/COLLAPSE]

Edguarding him, she needs too set him up with a turnip wall or tosses off stage to snipe him, then time edge hogs. But should not burn her jump. cause if he makes it back, she can do the float land trick and grab/attack him right away. or Float on stage to an air attack. If she float land, just grab him, get damage and toss him off stage. she repeats this proces still he can't make it back or you clap him with a finisher from the ledge.

she Jabs him once then short hop dairs, he would usually roll into it. So She should waste double jabbing, gonna leave yourself open. Jab once to w/e pressure game you can start off. They like to roll alot so staying on one spot is bad. If she can predict where he is gonna roll, then to a Jab and scare his ***, then go to the spot he is gonna roll and attack/brag him. if this type of evasive habit happens alot.

Short hop your moves. its best to keep up with lucario is he wants to get roll happy, since she alot faster than floating and pressure game is a lil better. If he is in the air times turnip tosees or glide tosses to bring him down. and when you get close, just start the hit and run game.

He can have that aura all he wants. That limts his use to keep shooting them at you. While you send so much at him. Peach just needs to pay attantion to when he lauches it. To get a turnip and leave yourself open. Get her hits on him and just run. it becomes a pain for lucario to catch you. And since she get that lead. Create the wall and dont go near him. Just run away. If he gets near, she can fight him off. Let him through the first Punch and counter with Bair/Nair. To hit him away. Space moves. he can roll all he won'ts. I don't have to catch him. Leave him be. he is the one wasting time being scared and pressured. His rolling is what can help with the time out. cause most lucario rolls alot under pressure or to camp. Yet you don't have to test it at all.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Good god, why am I such a ****ing beast

Lose to a :peach: or to you? I lost to a :peach: (Nicole) at Apex in pools, but it didn't matter in the end cause I got out lol. Though she legit beat me in a set for the first time, which makes us 1-1 or 2-1 I think. I plan to MM her next time I see her for $5 or $10 bucks.

I had no clue she beat you. and she hates that match up too. Well that goal is out the window. Now it is just something between you and me.

Steam

Smash Hero
lucario isn't neccecarily going to be rolling all the time when he's pressured... he has some good options OOS even against peach.

and Lucario's Nair is frame 6, his fair is frame 7, and Dair is frame 4 iirc.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
dair works really well oos. The somewhat smaller horizontal hitbox is helped by the fact that hurtboxes get extended into lucario during a block usually, and it's really fast, something lucario has been needing badly (a fast gtfo from block). utilt also works well, not a lot of chars don't get a good anti-crossup move oos like this one, and personally I'm partial to it. Another good one that's akin to snake's, ZSS', and Sheik's punish is dash attack oos, but that's usually for stuff that is being used from a far distance.

Roll just happens to be one of his best. His others are not amazing, but decent enough to prevent his punish or pressure escapes from being "one trick pony" status

It's def. -1 atm. Whoever's more patient will win, but Lucario has a slightly stronger ability to come out of two scenarios out of the usual "neutral" scenario this always plays into:
-Killing
-Regaining footing when losing the first stock

Of course, Peach could probably run around Lucario to frustrate him regaining the first stock, but I'm not quite sure how well that works. She's strangely someone that doesn't flop over against Lucario despite her inability to kill. Then again, most higher tier chars that don't kill well don't really lose either despite this shortcoming. Peach has some really good things that works against traditional lucario tools, and will force him to do a lot of interchanging, especially around her shield.

What has also changed is understanding of Peach's recovery and how relatively easier it has gotten to edgeguard it. What was thought as an un-edgeguardable upB is now bustable with an invincible aerial off the ledge. Not to say she still isn't going to make it, but now lucario has a way to punish this, so she can't recover for free like she used to.

Anyone that says it's any worse probably hasn't played this MU with a Peach that's competent. Her spacing game is just ridiculous, and even with better knowledge of his oos responses, she's still hard to punish, you're ultimately optimal only when you've got the proper spacing.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
lucario isn't neccecarily going to be rolling all the time when he's pressured... he has some good options OOS even against peach.

and Lucario's Nair is frame 6, his fair is frame 7, and Dair is frame 4 iirc.
Lucario can't not do anything out the shield to stop my pressure. he has no choice but to roll, side step or get shield poked. Let me break this down to you.

Lucario uptilt OoS:

7+5= 12 frames too pull off out of shield (7 is the number of frames it takes to drop shield., then you can uptilt Which is 5) peach can dair, then do a falling nair. You do not have enough time to punish that with his uptilt. You are gonna get hit as soon as you drop that shield. if you wait till I land then uptilt

12-2= ten frames short cause you are gonna take a slap to the face

Lucario Nair:

3-6= 3 frames short of hitting me with nair out of shield. after i dair, you are eating a Nair once you jump out. Now you might think this is wrong cause you have done it before. This is both true and false. let me explain why before I get to the other moves.

What alot of people don't realize it that the Part of her nair that I hit you with is what matters. If I hit your shield with her weak hit box on your shield. I gain no frame advantage. We can move at the same time. so in this case do the math. a 2 frame move vs a 6 frame move.

if I hit you with her strong hit, even if I auto cancel it frame perfect, you can move 7 frames before me. So you can actually nair to some degree. nair is 6 frames and takes about. one frame to jump. so 7 frames total. Your move is already out before I can do anything. So you are winning that counter battle. You can even grab me before I can do anything. This is why I try my best to aim for the weak hit. That way I don't get that -7 disadvantage on shield vs you.

So in short, I hit with the strong hit box, I get punished. I hit with weak, I can keep shield pressure and can not get punished OoS. Now this is all of course if you wait for me to land. But punishing me between dair to falling nairs? Now happening. (also keep in mind if Peach spaces bad, reguardless of frames, you can hit her easy with stuff such as you think right now)

Lucario fair:

8-3= 4 frames short to punish me between dairs and Nair. You wait till I land? (that + 1 on your fair and anything beyond this point is the frame to jump)

remember what I said before with her 2 hit boxes, so we are gonna go off as I do it correctly

8-2= 6 frames short and gonna eat a slap to the face.

Lucario Dair:

5-3= 2 frame short and gonna get a slap to the face. Waiting for me to land?

5-2= ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The best OoS option you have to punish me is his Dair. And that is not even good enough. Now i don't always have to land the nair on your shield. I can jab you once to a grab. or jab cancel. Or double jab you and put a slight delay between the first and second. I won't just mash A. I'll delay the input and use her second jab as a buff to bait a awaiting grab or air attack. if I have time and know you will keep your position, I can throw grounded or short hoped air moves and to pressure chains on you. it's all mix ups. And each time I do it, you can't do a thing out of shield. You do not have an up-B like meta and Marth.

So in short, yes, you have no choice but to roll, you have no counter attacks out of shield. I am controlling your evasive actions. Only way you gonna hit me is if you pray that I space like crap. I decided wether you punish me out the shield or not, not you.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Reminds me of Marth v. Fox/Falco in Melee, except with Lucario having a bit more of a tangible advantage because, you know, in the former example they can actually perform in other functions in their respective game lol.

You aren't going to do well if you plan on staying in shield v. this character. In general, I'm starting to think shielding in smash isn't as rewarding for many chars or scenarios (exceptions aside like D3 lol), unless you've got an amazing dragon punch, because most of the stuff you can punish oos you can punish if you outmaneuver them and make them whiff, shield just covers more options at times when you need it and really helps as a resort esp. when they're looking for the kill.

Same goes for v. Wario, you're going to suck a lot against this char if you think you're going to beat his game out w/ shield because "he can't zone it well because of a lack of range". Unless you're D3 of course lol.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
So in short, yes, you have no choice but to roll, you have no counter attacks out of shield.
i think you're probably forgetting about a few options lol

like, idk, a lot of that frame data doesn't take a lot of things into account, such as someone shielding both your dair and then nair, and punishing your landing, or guessing which option you'll take after landing, and hard punish it, because you're tunnel visioning because you think you're safe lol

like, sure, if you dair>nair on his shield, he may not be able to have a guaranteed punish no matter what DI you pick, but that's somewhat minor.

dunno, it just doesn't seem as clear cut as that haha

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
i think you're probably forgetting about a few options lol

like, idk, a lot of that frame data doesn't take a lot of things into account, such as someone shielding both your dair and then nair, and punishing your landing, or guessing which option you'll take after landing, and hard punish it, because you're tunnel visioning because you think you're safe lol

like, sure, if you dair>nair on his shield, he may not be able to have a guaranteed punish no matter what DI you pick, but that's somewhat minor.

dunno, it just doesn't seem as clear cut as that haha
if you actually read my post carefully, I actually covered the option on when he waits for me to land after a nair. So from this alone I know well you just talking out the blue.

he can't do anything. He wants to guess I will Jab? or grab? the safest thing I can do when I start the pressure is ether jab cancel or delay my double Jab. Think add mix ups or even more pressure.

So I don't think I am safe. I know I am safe. he is not pushing my landing unless I screw up the spacing. And I will too. I am not perfect. I mess up just like everyone else in the world. I will screw up and he will get his hits. I don't mess up my spacing, lucario is not laying a hit on me when I pressure him.

And you call me destroying all your options OoS to counter attack or get me off you minor? Dude, I render you helpless! You can't do anything but pray for the best.

Steam

Smash Hero
if peach is dairing lucario's shield while floating (I assume she is because you're mentioning nairing afterwards) then I believe he can safely roll away with no risk in most situations... roll is invincible frame 2

peach's shield pressure is really good against lucario, but it's not like there's nothing he can do about it, he does need to predict what the peach does when she lands. but it's usually better to just roll away early because peach can't punish it from the air unless she maybe has a turnip.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
if peach is dairing lucario's shield while floating (I assume she is because you're mentioning nairing afterwards) then I believe he can safely roll away with no risk in most situations... roll is invincible frame 2

peach's shield pressure is really good against lucario, but it's not like there's nothing he can do about it, he does need to predict what the peach does when she lands. but it's usually better to just roll away early because peach can't punish it from the air unless she maybe has a turnip.
EXCATLY!!!!!

That was my point that I am trying to tell you. I stated this as soon as I started this discussion. You have no option to attack me out the shield. All you can do is sidestep or roll. Which leads back to controlling your evasive options. cause you said;

"lucario isn't neccecarily going to be rolling all the time when he's pressured... he has some good options OOS even against peach.

I correct you and let you know you have know you have no attack options out of the shield. And now you say:

"if peach is dairing lucario's shield while floating (I assume she is because you're mentioning nairing afterwards) then I believe he can safely roll away with no risk in most situations... roll is invincible frame 2

peach's shield pressure is really good against lucario, but it's not like there's nothing he can do about it, he does need to predict what the peach does when she lands. but it's usually better to just roll away early because peach can't punish it from the air unless she maybe has a turnip."

Going back to me saying

"Peach is a character that can control your evasive actions. When you get in Use Jab pressure. Like jab him once to Short hopped dair to another Jab to w/e you want after. Jab cancel as well to punish side steps. Or if you double Jab, don't mash it so face. Delay the jab. This catches side steps and punish grabs OoS. Here is one thing people fail to realize. When you pressure a character, they are forced to ether roll or side step. That is their only options. Now you knowing this, time to pause habits and make reads. if you pressure them in a corner they most lieky spot the enemy will roll is behind. So do a pressure game then grab/attack behind you. Cause thats where they will roll, and punish. "

And You have obviously never faced a peach that can Dair, and if you roll, move back and fall to a bair. To say peach can't punish rolls from the air. if i feel you will roll back I will do this and fall to a bair. or move back and so a second set of dairs and you move right into it. Or if you wait for me to dair>nair then roll back, I can just land, and instant dash attack the other way. This is where the part of reads come in. I put you in this spot and you are forced to evade. If I have you pinned to the ledge You really only have the option to roll back. And i would be aware of this cause this is the most likely thing to do. But of course If I go for a back roll read and you side step, shame on me. Not every read is gonna land. happens to high level players all the time. But they are called educated guesses for a reason. I put you in a position where you have to roll/side step. and I can take control of this and punish you. I'll have about 50% chance to guess right. if I know your habit of evasion due to your fear and me having quick reaction time, that % goes up too 70%. And it becomes 80% when near the ledge.

Ether way, you thought one thing from what I said to begin with, said options that don't work. I corrected you and go back and say something I mentioned before (that you thought was not true but see the light now.) Good game my friend. You get an e for effort. But for you and the others, it was not good enough to beat me. ahahahahahaa! God why have you cursed me with this talent of awsomness?

Play times over! Game set!

theunabletable

Smash Lord
if you actually read my post carefully, I actually covered the option on when he waits for me to land after a nair. So from this alone I know well you just talking out the blue.
I actually did read it, but that section was a bit illegible lol

"7+5= 12 frames too pull off out of shield (7 is the number of frames it takes to drop shield., then you can uptilt Which is 5) peach can dair, then do a falling nair. You do not have enough time to punish that with his uptilt. You are gonna get hit as soon as you drop that shield. if you wait till I land then uptilt

12-2= ten frames short cause you are gonna take a slap to the face"

Like that whole last sentence isn't particularly clear. 10 frames short because you can jab? I'll need elaboration on that lol

But from what I can tell, if you do a dair and then a nair, and you space it away, attacking your landing should be perfectly reasonable. If you space it into the Lucario, so that you're in jab range, doesn't that kind of imply that you've also moved into Lucario's grab range lol?

idk it's just silly. like, sure, you can beat all of Lucario's counter-options if you choose correctly, but that's weird. They're his counter-options to your initial option lol. It's kind of akin to one kid saying to another kid in some game, "My scores are worth 6 points!" the other kid responding with, "Yeah but my scores have been worth 10 points this whole time," to which the first responds with, "Oh YEAH? Well MINE are worth a million points!"

like in this situation, you're the one doing the initial option that Lucario is reacting to with his counter to that, to bring up your other first-attack options that aren't beaten by the option he'd react to yours with is just really weird lol

the exchange would all go in 1 full event. you'd choose your dair>nair ****, and he'd choose his ****. if he has something he beats that, then perhaps he'll choose that and beat it, maybe he won't. but in a game you can't pick the option, and at the same time pick the counter to your other option's counter (for the most part)

if i feel you will roll back I will do this and fall to a bair.
Oh huh, interesting. If you feel he'll do a roll, you'll do a preemptive bair, and if he doesn't roll, you've just done a landing bair in front of a Lucario that was waiting for something like that?

Sounds like Lucario has no options but roll against Peach's shield pressure

oh just read your most recent post and saw the gif
pretty sure you're trolling now c:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ugh, did I not just win this?

I actually did read it, but that section was a bit illegible lol

"7+5= 12 frames too pull off out of shield (7 is the number of frames it takes to drop shield., then you can uptilt Which is 5) peach can dair, then do a falling nair. You do not have enough time to punish that with his uptilt. You are gonna get hit as soon as you drop that shield. if you wait till I land then uptilt

12-2= ten frames short cause you are gonna take a slap to the face"

Like that whole last sentence isn't particularly clear. 10 frames short because you can jab? I'll need elaboration on that lol
its not hard to understand. You can't really question me in terms of being right if you don't know how things works. but least you are asking instead of spitting out things you are not clear about.

it takes 12 frames to an uptilt OoS, My Jab is 2 frames

12-2= 10 frames he will be open for his uptilt hits me when I jab him. Thus he is gonna get hit with my jab if he tries to uptilt me out of shield. That should not be hard to understand right?[/quote]

But from what I can tell, if you do a dair and then a nair, and you space it away, attacking your landing should be perfectly reasonable. If you space it into the Lucario, so that you're in jab range, doesn't that kind of imply that you've also moved into Lucario's grab range lol?
Yea, you not get one thing I said. I'll explain this once more

What alot of people don't realize it that the Part of her nair that I hit you with is what matters. If I hit your shield with her weak hit box on your shield. I gain no frame advantage. We can move at the same time. so in this case do the math. a 2 frame move vs a 6 frame move.

if I hit you with her strong hit, even if I auto cancel it frame perfect, you can move 7 frames before me. So you can actually nair to some degree. nair is 6 frames and takes about. one frame to jump. so 7 frames total. Your move is already out before I can do anything. So you are winning that counter battle. You can even grab me before I can do anything. This is why I try my best to aim for the weak hit. That way I don't get that -7 disadvantage on shield vs you.

So in short, I hit with the strong hit box, I get punished. I hit with weak, I can keep shield pressure and can not get punished OoS. Now this is all of course if you wait for me to land. But punishing me between dair to falling nairs? Now happening. (also keep in mind if Peach spaces bad, reguardless of frames, you can hit her easy with stuff such as you think right now)

Lucario is allowed to punish me if I hit with the strong Part of the nair. he has nearly all of his OoS options vs me. I hit him with the weak Part, then no he can not. Simple to understand that yea?

Oh huh, interesting. If you feel he'll do a roll, you'll do a preemptive bair, and if he doesn't roll, you've just done a landing bair in front of a Lucario that was waiting for something like that?

Sounds like Lucario has no options but roll against Peach's shield pressure

oh just read your most recent post and saw the gif
pretty sure you're trolling now c:
If you seriously read my latest post, then you would actually know that it covers this post here for you to be saying this. and if you call me hitting people with facts since they don't do their homework/research, then yes, I am the biggiest in this community.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
can i have some elaboration on this, as well? because this implies a new factor, exactly how high you manage to do your nair.

it sounds unlikely that you just inherently have a 0 frame advantage on weak hit nair no matter where it's done lol. but i'll take a quick glance at the nair frame data.

Nair
Duration: 49
Hits on Frame: 3
Strong Hitbox Duration: 3-6 (4)
Weak Hitbox Duration: 7-23 (17)
Aerial Cooldown: 26
Landing Lag: 11
Autocancels on Frame: 36

Shield Stun: 4, 3
Optimal Shield Advantage: -7
Optimal Shield Drop Advantage: 0

for one, if the optimal shield advantage is -7, that's enough time to grab, especially considering your jab is frame 2, so it can reasonably be unbuffered, and still beat a perfectly auto-cancelled weak hit nair, correct? because the grab is not going through the shield drop animation? optimal shield advantage would be -9 in this instance, right?

it does appear that the place where you're getting a 0 frame advantage is from the optimal shield drop advantage, and grabs kind of circumvent that. would you say that this is accurate?

although considering the amount of variables, this doesn't even seem all that relevant.

like, for one, you have to be at the height in which your nair is connecting on its 23rd frame, so that you can get the optimal auto-cancel, correct?

it appears, from this data, that the 0 optimal shield drop frame advantage comes from strong hit nair, in fact. if i take even the last possible frame of the weak hitbox, and subtract it from the autocancel frame (which is 36), i get 13 (and i'm pretty sure autocancel frame doesn't take into account your 2 or 4 frames of landing lag). 13 minus even the highest shield stun number (which comes from the strong hit nair, not the weak hit), which is 4, is -9 frames of shield advantage, and that's assuming incorrect shield stun (incorrect in your favor), and literally perfect spacing and timing. would you say this is accurate?

however, if you look at the strong hitbox, it has 4 frames of shieldstun, and the attack itself has 11 landing lag frames, so it would appear that the -7 optimal shield advantage (which would lose to grab anyways) comes from actually landing perfectly with a strong hit nair. would you say this is accurate?

but even if i give you that i wouldn't be able to punish weak hit nair on shield perfectly auto-cancelled (which doesn't seem to be the case), wouldn't you have to be quite a ways above me to hit me with a 23rd frame nair? farther above me than your dair can reach, considering you'd probably hit relatively close to the top of the shield, anyways?

and if you were hitting my shield with nair 23 frames after the endlag of dair, wouldn't that imply that i have a manageable amount of time to do something out of shield before your 23rd perfect frame nair hits me?

dunno, taking all this into account, what you were talking about seems very impractical as it leaves out a lot of factors, and i would guess that it doesn't reflect the matchup in practical play, anyways, and if it does, i would guess that it's not to any special extent, but it's probably true that peach does have some shield pressure stuff on lucario.

of course all of those things i said are intended as questions, you're free to correct any factual inaccuracies in what i say c:

although i'm probably being trolled. lolxDsoooorandom

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I made a mistake now that I see this. I confused Peach bair with her nair. All the stuff I said peach gains, she gets it with her bair. not nair. I was thinking about this with olimar and just refered it to lucario without thinking. So my bad on that. so to correct this mistake and false info here.

Lucarios best and fastest option out of the shield is his Dair if he jumps OoS and dairs:

7-4= 3 frames he can move before me. 7 is the number of frames he can move before me and 4 is the hit stun.

4-3= the number of frames I have left before I can move. which is one. Now there is gonna be a 1 frame window before I can actually do something. My jab is 2 frames.

2+1 is the number of frames my jab comes out. So 3 frames to jab.

Lucario has 1 frame to jump then attack. So his nair is 5 frames in total.

And to clear something up, that auto cancel number. That does not mean I have to wait that many frames after my attack hits. that means that is the number if frames I can cancel the move as soon as I do it. and that also was included on the frame advantage/disadvantages numbers.

Now we are gonna take away subtract 3 from that, since he can move three frames sooner then me.

5-3 = 2 frames his attack will be out before I can do anything.

And with my Jab, it is 3. So actually, Lucario can punish Peach out of her dropping Nair on shield. By 1 frame. it's a tight window. But he can. All of lucarios options can not stop this. too slow. Only his Dair.

Now if you replace my last post with her bair. All that i said in it applies. The difference is, I would have to land behind my enemy and buffer a turn around jab. For one to turn around it is about a frame. same as a jump. Turn around animation to a jab actually cancels her turn animation early.

If I pair one shields with the strong hit and land, I can't do anything else for 4 frames. And shield stun is 5.

5-4= 1 frame you can move before me. lucarios best option OoS is 5 frames

5-1= 4 frames his attack will come out since you move one frame sooner.

Peach has to do something within 4 frames to beat this. Now I can to a buffered turn around jab so

1+2= 3 frames my move will be out. So I actually kill this option for you by one frame. Just like you kill my option to Nair>jab the shield. but I can move a frame sooner then lucario.

1-3= 2 frames my move will be out. So this options is best to stop his OoS dair. I beat lucario by 2 frames.

If I hit with the weak part of her bair, I gain nor lose frame advantage. We can move at the same time. So it just comes down to a 3 frame move vs a 5 frame move.

Takes one frame for Peach to turn around, then 2 to jab.

Takes Lucario 1 frame to jump and 4 to get a dair.

So I beat lucario at this by 2 frames. I not even add hit stun. which makes it a 2 more frames before you can dair. so your dair comes out on frame 7. me beating you by 4 frames.

And to clear a few things up

- you have to be at the height in which your nair is connecting on its 23rd frame, so that you can get the optimal auto-cancel, correct?

No. That number states how at what frame the hit box of the move vanishes. I can touch the floor between 7-23 frames and it will auto cancel.

- I made a mistake, wether you hit with the strong Part or weak part does not really matter with Nair. the rules for shield advantage and shield drop advantage apply. Only difference is a one frame hitstun.

- it appears, from this data, that the 0 optimal shield drop frame advantage comes from strong hit nair, in fact. if i take even the last possible frame of the weak hitbox, and subtract it from the autocancel frame (which is 36)

36 does not mean I do an attack, land, have to wait 36 frames before I can do something. if that was the case, Peach would not be able to do an ariel and then jab right away. You would clearly noticed the lag when I touch the floor. 36 means thats the number I can auto cancel my move as soon as I do it. So the fastest time I can auto cancel her nair is on frame 36.

- auto cancel and landing lag frames all apply and all determined the number of shield advantage/disadvantage I get. So for example, an attack says I get a +7 on shield? This was figured out by how many frames it takes for me to auto cancel the move and the landing lag when I touch the floor.

Heh, still got it.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
All the stuff I said peach gains, she gets it with her bair.
No. That number states how at what frame the hit box of the move vanishes. I can touch the floor between 7-23 frames and it will auto cancel.
Takes Lucario 1 frame to jump
36 does not mean I do an attack, land, have to wait 36 frames before I can do something. if that was the case, Peach would not be able to do an ariel and then jab right away. You would clearly noticed the lag when I touch the floor. 36 means thats the number I can auto cancel my move as soon as I do it. So the fastest time I can auto cancel her nair is on frame 36.
The difference is, I would have to land behind my enemy and buffer a turn around jab.
Heh, still got it.
man i gain nothing by continuing this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom