• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
...you said he landed it 2 out of 3 stocks.
is he just supposed to hop around and do nothing the 3rd stock?

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Theres very few matchups in this game that are autolose (-4). And most of them are probably against low tier characters.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You know, I think Wario hasn't been seen very much in the current metagame simply because he is that much worse to Meta Knight than the rest of the characters in his tier. A good Meta Knight -ruins- Wario.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
If cger and losing, haha you sux and others rule.
If CGer and winning, haha you still sux because you had to use cheap trickies to win.

Chaingrabbers are F'ed for life.

I play falco. .-.
Poor CG characters...

With their free, guaranteed damage from grabs...

Yikarur

Smash Master
You know, I think Wario hasn't been seen very much in the current metagame simply because he is that much worse to Meta Knight than the rest of the characters in his tier. A good Meta Knight -ruins- Wario.
I really really don't think that is the reason for the low use of wario.
nobody plays Wario, Wario is one of the least played characters somehow but thats not Mks fault. :/

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It maybe my inexperience, but I think Wario has great potential. His moveset is very good and he can land very strong moves if you aren't careful.
Thought he still gets released and lacks range, but aside from MK I think he is very good overall.
Hard to say as I have pretty much only played against them, but not myself at all.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I think wario is underused cuz he's fat, unattractive, and looks like a f*g lol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I don't feel like it's MK holding marth down much at all.

There seriously isn't that many characters in this game that do better against MK than us. And as I've said before - 2 maybe 3 lower in the tier list do better.

Marth mains lose to even or close to even match ups. Hurray.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
tbph, after reading this convo, I sat down and played as wario for a good 10 mins

Flayl

Smash Hero
Personally the only reason I don't use Wario is that my clumsiness would just get me destroyed by grab-releases. I'll probably main him for Project M teams.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Nope

Playing the character is a hassle. That's why you see no one playing him. He'll probably continue only being somewhat popular for teams. Besides a few MU's you can CP Wario and laugh (wolf, DK, etc) he doesn't have anything that stands out unless you wanna play like an incredible ****** for 24 minutes.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think wario just needs that one person to randomly appear and absolutely wreck tournaments and make him popular again.
before he had fiction ... but now he really doesn't have anybody.
not in the US, at least.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Even outside US, other Wario players have been interested in other characters. Gluttony still has Falco/MK, and you don't hear much from wario in japan or elsewhere sadly.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, i heard about gluttony playing other characters. :(
kinda sad...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't feel like it's MK holding marth down much at all.

There seriously isn't that many characters in this game that do better against MK than us. And as I've said before - 2 maybe 3 lower in the tier list do better.

Marth mains lose to even or close to even match ups. Hurray.
Totally agreed with this man about Marth for once. Though what you'd call "even or close to it" I'd probably look at as "slight or solid disadvantage" [assuming you talk about IC and DDD]. But I remember people once complained about MK holding Marth back. Now I think MK's existence is really helpful for Marth's metagame. As a Wolf player I can really relate to that ^^

:059:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Then prove that he's not a worthless sack of pink ****.

Otherwise, ain't happening

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I want to talk more about Rob. I legitimately feel like he's what's keeping both DKs out of competitive play. Inactivity has nothing to do with this.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
ROB and Wario aren't fun to play as, that's why they aren't used.
Marth mains just need to step their game up. He should be in Top 5 by now on tier list

And Gluttony used to wreck people with Wario, as did Fiction. But they moved on. Now it's Malcolm doing work when he shows up

all imo tbqh of course

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
are there any unequivocal changes that the majority would agree needs to happen?

i mean, aside from sonic rising again, and ganon dropping another tier, what would the changes be?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
anybody who thinks diddy is a surefire for number 2 over snake is wearing blinders.

i mean, sure, its debatable. but all the numbers still say is snake is number 2

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I think majority say Yoshi out of low tier... we'd have a pretty large mid tier and a smallish low tier but if that reflects the metagame that's cool.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Maybe so, but you have been playing M2K for some time, lol. If there was another M2K level equivalent Wario...aka...possibly Gluttony, then it may be a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom