• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
One thing holding DK down is his hairstyle from the 80's. I bet DK didn't think about being shieldpoked all the time when he went to the barber shop.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Maybe so, but you have been playing M2K for some time, lol. If there was another M2K level equivalent Wario...aka...possibly Gluttony, then it may be a different story.
I played him twice in the last year, but, either way, I don\'t see what that has to do with anything.

The match-up is bad. If Gluttony were to win against him in a Finals set, it would probably be because he\'s on a higher level than Mew2King. I am confident in that idea, but I\'d be more than open to having someone explain why the match-up is actually not so bad.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I think there are a few people that are on m2ks level. the only difference is that they play vastly inferior characters. In that vein, m2k is smarter than most everyone he plays against.

Remember, the game starts on the character selection screen.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
all I know is that the game ends when you trip or mention the name sakurai

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Gamma

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
i think zss should be top of mid, above TL, but that could be because i don't have a mid tier for tourneys and love zss
I agree with this, at least from a mid-tier tournament standpoint. AFAIK, her MU spread with most of mid is relatively good but not good enough to the point where it'll hurt the viability of any other characters or anything.

:059:

Browny

Smash Hater
hey guys

why is zss kept in high tier because of one player, when sonic is lower, despite having TWO players outperform said player at a national

Sonic for top of B tier imo

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
for the context of this post, ignore the character icon next to my name please.

i would actually like to see a legitamate reply to brownies post. i was getting ready to jump down his throat and tell him how stupid he was, when i realised that I really couldnt come up with a justifiable answer to his question without using the faulty line of reasoning of, 'well, we just know zss is better.' or '____ has a better theoretical matchup spread' neither of which really hit the heart of the matter that he brought up.

so im wondering what the realistic justification for this is. What do people think of what he just asked. and btw, try to focus on the content of the question rather than the context surrounding it.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I agree with this, at least from a mid-tier tournament standpoint. AFAIK, her MU spread with most of mid is relatively good but not good enough to the point where it'll hurt the viability of any other characters or anything.

:059:
What does "AFAIK" mean?

I think she's not a mid-tier character from the perspective of someone who plays a mid-tier character. Her gimmicks are much better then the other mid-tiers. She also does incredibly well versus all the high tiers other then Falco if I recall correctly.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
browny has always relied waaaay too heavily on results.
by his logic i could make an argument that dk is high tier as well because of whobo, or that peach > pikachu.
if we were looking at pound 5 results i could say that pikachu > diddy or tl lucario dedede ike zss all > wario.

i think i've made my point but i'll keep going if it's really necessary.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
There are also the 5-6 other nationals that aren't MLG Dallas.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
ZSS has done nothing that sonic hasnt

Except of course, overrate their matchups spreads

LOLOLOLOL
You expect everything to be written in stone which is your problem. Just because a MU is 60-40 blah blah blah doesn't mean so n so is guaranteed the win. Players are capable of being better than each other overcoming character weaknesses. Too keep saying Sonic is high tier cause of Dallas is pretty dumb. He didn't even play more than like...6 different characters in the cast. Cool story bro a bunch of sonics knowing everything they can do against MK beating Mk's. That's nice

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I like the part where defeating a couple of different top level MKs suddenly isn't an accomplish.

But pretend you just didn't read that. Not for your sake, but for mine.

:093:

Life

Smash Hero
I like the part where defeating a couple of different top level MKs suddenly isn't an accomplish.

But pretend you just didn't read that. Not for your sake, but for mine.

:093:
And only X's bracket was MK-filled. Espy faced pretty much everything BUT MK IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom