• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Steam, you make it sound like I don't test things.

Sonic NEEDS to KO Lucario as soon as possible. I've looked into KO percentages on several levels, and I've even made attempts to DI+SDI Sonic's smashes at certain percents so I'd know when Lucario is reasonably able to survive or be KOd from Sonic's attacks.

And I don't know about you, but I've managed to survive Sonic's fresh fsmash near the ledge of FD with Lucario at 140%.

Steam

Smash Hero

Sonic NEEDS to KO Lucario as soon as possible. I've looked into KO percentages on several levels, and I've even made attempts to DI+SDI Sonic's smashes at certain percents so I'd know when Lucario is reasonably able to survive or be KOd from Sonic's attacks.

And I don't know about you, but I've managed to survive Sonic's fresh fsmash near the ledge of FD with Lucario at 140%.
I tested it too... and I died pretty easily... and this was in training mode without the fresh moves bonus... like dead before fair was finished...

I guess my DI just sucks :/

BSP

Smash Legend

I survived from the center, but not the edge. You have some amazing DI if you can live from the edge.

But either way, that sucks.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
So Sonic's only hope in the MU is to play campy as heck and then gimp Luc as soon as the opportunity presents itself?
Yes.
Where as with most characters Sonic wouldn' mind racking up damage, in this case Sonic has to play very defensively, ebcause Lucario pulls a hulk.
Unles Sonic can secure an early kill in the beginning, it is a extremely difficult battle for Sonic to win.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
f smash at the ledge kills MK at 98 and snake at 120, I tested this in training mode with all factors acounted for (im sad now cause now san DIs all my kill moves perfectly) so i dont know what testing you were doing espy, but it was bad, and you were dealing with some stale as balls f smashes.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Training mode doesn't use stale move queue, so attacks are slightly less powerful than completely fresh ones in normal brawl. So if KID is DI'ing correctly there's a(n even more) massive difference in results.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
well when i was doing my testing, and we were on sans wii, which has stale moves on even in training mode, so i actually killed myself after every test to make sure that my numbers were right.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I used training mode, KID.

And I'm pretty sure I was on 140% with Lucario when I survived an fsmash.
I'll go fiddle around with it again.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol and you get on my case for poppin off at the mouth too much. lol.

for what its worth, sonic kills mk from the dead center of FD at 120 with f smash, and he kills snake with it at 153%. So the 'i lived through sonics f smash at 140 with luc' part sounds pretty accurate, i think its just the 'at the edge of the stage' part where you went over board.

If i remember lucs weight values right, i would think from the mid of fd f smash would be a guaranteed kill around like 142-143.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Nope, kid's wrong, through number crunching and assuming you have perfect DI its 145 exactly :p

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i only have solid specific numbers for snake and mk, for metagame-obvious reasons. so from there I just have to extrapolate for every other character in the game...

I didnt realise luc was that close to snake. only 8 % off. but then he is part steel type right?

Steam

Smash Hero
f smash at the ledge kills MK at 98 and snake at 120, I tested this in training mode with all factors acounted for (im sad now cause now san DIs all my kill moves perfectly) so i dont know what testing you were doing espy, but it was bad, and you were dealing with some stale as balls f smashes.
I was actually able to survive it near the ledge at around 125 with lucario. :I

and lucario is part steel. He's like 4 feet tall and weighs like 125 pounds while being that skinny.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
All of the fsmashes were from a fresh stock, just to clarify.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. are you sure you have your numbers right?
2. are you in training mode? remember what flayl said on the last page.
3. near the edge is not the same thing as AT the ledge. small things like that end up making a big difference.
4. the only factors that could influence the data I got, is if a character has an abnormal momentum cancel. You could probably get mk to live past 98% with the up air to immediate side b for MCing, since I didnt account for that due to obvious youre-gonna-die-anyway-at-that-point reasons.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Lucario has a pretty awesome momentum canceling to the side if done right, surviving the fsmash at 140% doesn't sound too off to me.

Browny

Smash Hater
wow you guys are missing the obvious reason rofl

he said he was at 140% when he survived

that means the fsmash hit him at around 126%. Test your numbers from that.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
that still doesnt change the fact that if the opponent is standing at the very edge of the stage, it still kills snake at 120

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Actually no. I say that cause most of what people go by in terms of good/bad characters is tourny results. And now what the character is really able to do. Same apply for match ups. So if people are gonna do it like this, Peach needs to drop. Her tourny results from players are crap.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Sort of what I was going for but yeah.

Honestly I value her more than other characters because she has a good case to be pocketed against some characters like Wario and Ice Climbers.

Then again pocket MK > Pocket anyone. :/

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
She has good match up ratios against high tiers outside of meta and Marth. But in tourny people don't display that. So the community just ignores it all. And I just honestly grown tired of debating with Peach when they just wanna base things solo on tourny results.

So screw, drop her on the tier list.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah my thoughts exactly, GIMR. That coupled with the fact that she could space all she wants for a solid f-smash and not really ever know which kind she's going to get; even if she filters out one of the f-smash types by using it...she's stuck with a 50-50 gamble. If she had just the golf club then we'd be a little more in business. Lately Peaches have been trying to land more u-smash whenever possible, but it's far from being legit because of its low reliability or chance of landing. She's a character with a solid build, her matchup spread isn't terrible, but her one big flaw of not being able to kill reliably is what puts the nail in her coffin time and time again.

At least she still ***** Sonic. inb4Espy :awesome:

Well, either if you gauge results or potential, I think it all equates to peach not moving. She is like a few others in the upper C range. They all have relatively good match-up spreads, but lack a certain quality that prevents them from making it higher. But, being at upper C range means that all it takes is a person with a little bit more skill and you have results. Although, I do not think that simply because you see results you should automatically jump to saying this demands a rise.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If she only had 1 legit kill move. :/
Peach actually does. if Peach players would.you know.stop abusing them so much. Also, Peach has no problem racking up damage. You are really suppose to rack up damage with her weak moves and turnips. Then go in with the kills. And she racks up quick. Plsyers need to start abusing that and play her like chess. Cause thats basically what peach is. Chess.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i tried playing peach for a while and playing normally without fairing is hard with her... =/

its kinda like how 85% of mk players would be infinitely better if they learned to not use down smash until 125%

also, KB, small matchup adv. =/= ****. and even if that were true, having a good matchup against sonic, really isnt worth much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom