• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can we stop talking to Spelt.
This peach main knows what he is talking about.

This thread kinda lost credibility
>implying this thread had any credibility to begin with.

Because his point is... pointless.
It wasn't pointless until people kept derailing the conversation and not getting why I was pointing it out and then after a couple of pages of idiocy it all turned into a bunch of what.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Toon Link, is well... I'm not really knowledgeable on characters outside the top 10. So, I'll save everyone the trauma and not post.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
good decision.

toon link is really good, better than lucario zss and kirby imo, but he gets so horribly reamed by mk, that in a list of tournament viability, he cant go any higher than them.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Oi, Toon Link just struggles against MK too much.

I mean, Santi played against Dojo all of the time, and I can only think of one time where Santi beat Dojo in a set. Which is a shame really, Toon Link is such a fun character to use. So much projectile spam, followed by sudden slicing and dicing with his sword. :D

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Toon Link would be top tier if MK wasn't in the game. As it stands I'm not really sure what to do with him. I think Toon Link and Peach are the two characters who stand to gain the most in an MK-banned meta.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
That post by infinite made me feel like ruining all your lives, so I'm gonna post when the topic gets off toonlink. See how long you guys can last.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
TL would not be top tier with MK gone. Marth would rise in use, AKA TL would fall in use. He might be more popular with MK gone, but he would go from like 14 to 12 or something. Nothing huge

Nestec

Smash Ace
Toon Link, is well... I'm not really knowledgeable on characters outside the top 10. So, I'll save everyone the trauma and not post.
Post as much as you want, bro. Don't let anyone make you shut up, as long as you're only trying to express your thoughts and opinions.

:green:

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
LOL, Marth wouldn't "get better" with MK gone any more than anyone else (probably less). His MK match-up as it stands now is at least even. MK isn't even his biggest problem.

etecoon

Smash Hero
LOL, Marth wouldn't "get better" with MK gone. His MK match-up as it stands now is at least even. MK isn't even his biggest problem.
agreed that MK isn't his biggest problem, but the rest of this post is hilarious

marth goes even with MK like an anthill has a good chance of fighting a lawn mower. and "at least" even? don't even imply something like that, it's disgusting

the whole "this character would be so good without MK!" line of thinking is silly and shouldn't even be started anyway, everyone knows there's zero chance of that happening.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
agreed that MK isn't his biggest problem, but the rest of this post is hilarious

marth goes even with MK like an anthill has a good chance of fighting a lawn mower. and "at least" even? don't even imply something like that, it's disgusting
OK. I will just outright say it!

I think Marth probably beats MK. Get at me!

Tesh

Smash Hero
Come on guys, this is the same thing you were talking about last year. New topic.
Pokemon Trainer
Bottom of mid tier?

Or top of low tier?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Marth gets ***** by Mk.

No one uses PT. I don't even know what to go off of besides Reflex.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Post as much as you want, bro. Don't let anyone make you shut up, as long as you're only trying to express your thoughts and opinions.

Dude, you have absolutely no idea, how much respect I just got for you. Thanks, man, thanks alot. :_)

Pokemon Trainer sucks, seriously. Bottom of mid tier, only because Reflex choosed to waste his life with such a crappy character. The best case I've heard for Pokemon Trainer is "squirtle". The second best is how versatile he is. That tells you alot about a character, doesn't it? I think we should concentrate on the top 10, that's where tha majority of the BBR conversation is anyway, I assume. I think Falco will never drop from number four, just to throw that in their. If anything, theres a chance that he could rise. Well... nevermined. but still, Falco is pretty beast,

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
All characters deserve an equal chance at discussion, Mr. 0. Not talking about anyone below the top 10 just shows ignorance.

With that said, I do believe that PT should remain bottom of mid-tier. Nothing much has changed about him as of late. The only other character that deserves a rise above him is Yoshi, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he has to drop anywhere.

:069:

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
But it's so... BORING, in a word, to talk about characters who will almost never win a big tournament, almost pointless... but meh.

Nestec

Smash Ace
Dude, you have absolutely no idea, how much respect I just got for you. Thanks, man, thanks alot. :_)
Haha, I try.

Tesh said:
Pokemon Trainer
Bottom of mid tier?

Or top of low tier?
Either is fine, as long as Yoshi is above him.

Poltergust said:
With that said, I do believe that PT should remain bottom of mid-tier. Nothing much has changed about him as of late. The only other character that deserves a rise above him is Yoshi, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he has to drop anywhere.
Agreed.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
My opinion of the list. Tear it appart guys:

:metaknight: <-- GOD TIER
:diddy: :snake: :falco: <-- TOP TIER
:marth: :olimar: :pikachu2: :wario: :popo: <-- HIGH TIER

:dedede: :gw: :lucario: :zerosuitsamus: :toonlink: <-- HIGH MID TIER
:sonic: :kirby2: :rob: :dk2: :wolf: :fox: :ike: <-- MID TIER
:peach: :pit: :yoshi2: :sheilda: :sheik: :ness2: :pt: :luigi2: <-- LOW MID TIER

:lucas: :mario2: :bowser2: :falcon: <-- LOW TIER
:link2: :samus2: :zelda: :jigglypuff: <-- BOTTOM TIER
:ganondorf: <-- SATAN TIER

D

Deleted member

Interesting.

Sonic seems a little too high and Luigi is awfully low.

And yay, Jiggs for second worst.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.

it's not too bad really though as said before sonic is pretty high and luigi isn't that low.

Also reasoning why Falcon is above Samus? (I know he is above her in this list too but I still don't understand why)

Big Moose

Smash Cadet
No. Also come to some Utah tournaments bro.
Care to explain your reasoning behind disagreement?
And I'm starting to get into the competitive scene. Both Melee and Brawl but i heard Melee is starting to die here.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Saying Snake will ALWAYS be second best is not really a statement you can make at this point in time especially with DIddy proving that he is more than capable of the second spot.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
But it's so... BORING, in a word, to talk about characters who will almost never win a big tournament, almost pointless... but meh.
People always like to root for the underdog, thus causing huge amounts of hype for said character. Take for example Sonic @ MLG Dallas. People were pretty hyped about it.

etecoon

Smash Hero
no one should ever be hyped for sonic, no matter how much of an underdog he is

that just makes me want to throw up

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

wtf Sonic, are you serious :l
Peach/Pit > Ike (probably Wolf too)
Fox > Wolf
Sheilda/Sheik/Ness > Yoshi
Luigi.... lol?
Link/Samus > Falcon

This is for like... 99% based on tournament results only.

:052:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
No, Luigi is exactly where he should be, except that PT is obviously worse. Yoshi seems too high, but if you look at who is behind him, it at least seems reasonable.

Sonic is in the tier he should be in, but my intuition tells me that he's not the top of mid-tier.

Man, I thought the list was fine and then I saw Peach and Pit at the low end of mid tier. That should be fixed. Shoot, Polt. Didn't a Pit just win a tournament in your own state recently?

Edit: Nvm, it's Z's list. Yeah, Pit and Peach at the lowest rung of mid is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom