• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hey AZ, as most of you know.. player Joey, has left AZ, as a kind memento.. I let him keep my controller, and wow... DOES IT SUCK! lol I didn't think it' be so difficult to find a good one lol like the one i had... so if anyone has spare controllers, they're willin to sell/give cuz ur not using.. i'm open to any/all suggestions... I miss my controller lotz, but Joey has it now... heh a part of me is even regretting givin it to him... =/

anyway yeah lemme know..

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
OMG *hugs Twin_A... I would like Love you more than I already do ^^, and I'd be able to make it up to ya too... lol for real twin that'd be so ****

You're awesome!!!!!!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol ya I said the same thing rough;y in the other AZ thread... at least I think I did.
*checks*

Bam! Tuscon thread.
Hey AZ, as most of you know.. player Joey, has left AZ, as a kind memento.. I let him keep my controller, and wow... DOES IT SUCK! I didn't think finding another would be so difficult.. =/ lol... so if anyone has spare controllers, they're willin to sell/give cuz ur not using.. i'm open to any/all suggestions... I miss my controller lotz, but Joey has it now... heh a part of me is even regretting givin it to him... =/

anyway yeah lemme know..
We have some extra... the only downer is the whole distance between us. If it gets really bad, we'll try mailing you one k =D

So ya. If we have an extra, good workable controller (which we should) we will hand it off to Axe at the next opportunity =D

All we ask in return is that someday you and Axe come to NM lol.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Yeah, Namco is also making their version of the game so that there will be a "Tekken" based game including SF characters. It works both ways!

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I'm excited for both versions. Kazuya looks pretty nice in SF style graphics.

I wonder how Tekken characters will do back in a 2D environment, and with no projectiles for the SF version, and how the SF characters will do in a 3D environment for the Tekken version.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I played a bit of Other M at Comic-con, pretty fun.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood was the most fun game there though, and seems like a great side-tourney kind of game.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol so much Pikachu love up in here. I would post one but I'm feeling a little lazy at the moment sorry

<3 AZ

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Make sure you check out all the non-tournament activities at SuperCon 2010

http://www.supercon2k.com/industry.php

It's going to a great weekend like no other gaming con around!! Also, pre-reg closes August 6 so make sure you pre-reg online. You can still signup for all tournaments the day of the event!!

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Make sure you check out all the non-tournament activities at SuperCon 2010

http://www.supercon2k.com/industry.php

It's going to a great weekend like no other gaming con around!! Also, pre-reg closes August 6 so make sure you pre-reg online. You can still signup for all tournaments the day of the event!!

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
So to start drama again, I think the PR should go like this:

1. Axe - Has best out of state record in recent history
2. Sean - Can go toe to toe with Axe but still has a slightly lower placing at tourney's they both went to
3. Taj - I think he can't beat Sean easily and can go toe to toe with Axe, but still has lower tourney placing at tournaments Axe and him have gone to
4. GG7 - Has better history against Tai I believe, though I could see an argument for Tai if he improves after being in CA for a month
5. Tai - Is the new AZ wall I think. Kinda like Light was before him, if you can't beat him then you don't stand a chance against the rest of the list
6. Jetfour - I was impressed with his performance in friendlies, he has very good knowledge matched with superior mind games
7. Yeah! - Technical and good mind games, he is a good player and I am sure he still practices a lot in SV
8. Silly Kyle - Gotten a lot better and can definitely beat anyone below him
9. Shiv - Beat me at the last tourney and I think he has improved a lot by playing other characters. Definitely has amazing tech skill for his placing on the list. More active than Rubyiris and I suspect could probably beat him though I would have to see it I suppose
10. Rubyiris - Beat me at our last tourney and honestly probably cares more to be on list than me. And so partly to be fair and partly to save myself from flaming I think he would probably be 10

One note, a lot of this list is gut based but a good portion is based on actual facts. For those like Pandaxen who I'm sure would care to know what their competition looks like I think this is about it.

Another thing while speaking about Pandaxen. I think you have gotten better since the last time I played you, but you should probably just do some general research into good DI and practice better spacing. Other than that general character match up knowledge is important too. Understanding the steps necessary to win is huge. It keeps you focused on a goal in the match up and leads to more a more efficient play style. People like Taj, for example, are good to emulate, great DI, spacing and he walks into every match up with a game plan for how to win.
I think I should be number one. Just because.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
1. Axe - Has best out of state record in recent history
2. Sean - Can go toe to toe with Axe but still has a slightly lower placing at tourney's they both went to
3. Taj - I think he can't beat Sean easily and can go toe to toe with Axe, but still has lower tourney placing at tournaments Axe and him have gone to
4. GG7 - Has better history against Tai I believe, though I could see an argument for Tai if he improves after being in CA for a month
5. Tai - Is the new AZ wall I think. Kinda like Light was before him, if you can't beat him then you don't stand a chance against the rest of the list
6. Jetfour - I was impressed with his performance in friendlies, he has very good knowledge matched with superior mind games
7.NICKNYTE - This is where I am. Joey is gone ;_;
8. Silly Kyle - Gotten a lot better and can definitely beat anyone below him
9. Shiv - Beat me at the last tourney and I think he has improved a lot by playing other characters. Definitely has amazing tech skill for his placing on the list. More active than Rubyiris and I suspect could probably beat him though I would have to see it I suppose
10. Rubyiris - Beat me at our last tourney and honestly probably cares more to be on list than me. And so partly to be fair and partly to save myself from flaming I think he would probably be 10
This is the most serious post I have ever made. I am dead serious on this is where I lie in rankings.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I think I should be number one. Just because.
Because you're the best

Although I personally feel that I can beat Jackie (I'm not gonna bother responding to anyone from Tucson except Jackie or Chris if they decide to contest this)

I'm not about to make any rationalization (johns) to discredit his tourney wins vs me, so I'd put Jackie above me on the list.

Because winning this weekend speaks louder than any amount of johns ;)

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
fine be that way. not very friendly people are ya? just cause i leave i am taken off? FINE! but when i come back that loser in the number 1 spot is going to no. 2! and i shall be there! <3 jeff but how come no one mentions tim on the rankings its pissing me off!

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I've mentioned Tim in my rankings!!

1) AXE
2) Forward
3) TAJ
4) GG7
5) Jet4
6) TAI
7) Silly Kyle
8) Vman
9) Rubyiris
10) ...idk lol

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
alright see this is also what i don't get how can you say you're better if he plays Yoshi on you? how about you try playing your Yoshi on somebody and see how far you get. And no he won't play his other characters on you cause he's stubborn like that. lol <3 timothy wilson

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Because you're the best

Although I personally feel that I can beat Jackie (I'm not gonna bother responding to anyone from Tucson except Jackie or Chris if they decide to contest this)

I'm not about to make any rationalization (johns) to discredit his tourney wins vs me, so I'd put Jackie above me on the list.

Because winning this weekend speaks louder than any amount of johns ;)
All of my good practice besides Chris moved to your area so I wouldn't be surprised if you **** me.

EXCEPT MY NESS
jk
:(

Top Bottom