• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Pandaxen

Smash Cadet
lol no. I was practicing multishines, shine waveland, shine oos, spacing, radical movement, short hop, double f-air, waveshining, etc. I guess i was moving so fast that my hand started to hurt. i didn't notice until i stopped though.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Wow, I never realized that...

If a word begins with a vowel, but makes the sound of a letter that's not, do you use "a" or "an"?

For example... European?

A European? An European?

AXE 09

Smash Master
2nd grade lied to me!!! First they told me you can't subtract a big number from a smaller one, and THEN the told me that EVERYTIME a word begins with a vowel, you have to use "an". My entire life is a lie! *cries*

AXE 09

Smash Master
Dude seriously!! So much for that! My life would've been WAY better if I could've just not gone to school and only played Melee instead.

Ash never went to school and only focused on Pokemon, and look what happened! His life is WAY more exciting!

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Lol, I'm in the same boat as Axe. I thought it sounded odd, but going by the rules of grammar I could remember I decided to put the N in there anyway to play it safe.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Joey, don't worry, I requested NOT to be on the rankings... if there were to be any... Noone in Tucson, AZ, for that matter know how good I am minus Axe, Taj, and quite frankly I like it that way...Nicknyte and Tag, are missing too, and both of them are around the 8-10 areas....

There's no need for representation of myself or my abilities, because I know, where I stand at, and feel no obligation or need to defend it.... I'm glad that people believe they are/aren't better than me.... and No Yoshi johns are not legit.. that's the character I use, and that's the character I've lost with.. character aside, a loss is a loss.. Sadly Tucson, doesn't respect my Yoshi, and do not allow me to use it on them except for SK, and Ruby,and use they're best chars. The rest won't use their best characters.. most force me to use Falco, (or better tier) so they can pride themselves on beating my Falco since everyone thinks the Falco I play in friendlies/tourney, or they think are the same and that I'd use Falco in ALL of these possible matchups, when my other characters are nearly as good but of course noone knows this...

Also, I've only represented myself for one tournament, in which I lost to Tai, this brought up the speculation of why Tai's better than me, and of course anyone below/above him possibly as well, SK, and so on and so forth...which is fine by me, I honestly don't care..they are solely basing my ranking off of this one tournament and that's fine, because it's the only one, i've been to, thus making the placement(s)correct. And I know you're gonna say "but Tai lost to Okami.. but that was also just one tourney, Tai lost this recent one, but in the past, he had won, sets before, which is what covers his relevance of his rankings..I guess (even tho I have in the past too but mine serve no relevance, but I'm hated so this does not apply to me XD).. but yeah Tucson's relevance/logic.. is different, from SV logic, and in it's own sense, it's correct....

Sadly, they wouldn't even be able to find out either.. I don't feel as if i was given the respect, I deserved of the rankings, of my placing, and that's fair because of my poor performance this last tourney... so I understand, what people forget to realize, that I also play better against many of the said names above them in ranking(s) anyway. (i.e. forward, taj, wobbles, light, axe, chris, jackie) but of course I'M ME AND HATED, and nobody realizes this either... sadly, this is actually why, I've no desire to defend anything... I'm not given the respect as a player already as it is, so what's the purpose of defending something not respected?? Mainly, I need to prove myself OOS...this is partly, why I don't give my fullest in friendlies, only desire to play Yoshi (besides me wanting to be the best one) etc...

IMO, this logic to me is a fair trade, considering, I don't believe I'm respected (rankwise) as a player, if most of AZ feels this way about rankings, I've no choice but to accept it, however, this is also why I don't give them my part of the bargain either, and strive like I need something to prove, I've already proven it multiple times, and it's never done anything, so now won't make a difference either...

Besides, I've been underestimated as a player my entire career, it's actually very nice.. and i want it to continue, and with my low placing on the rankings, is helping my morale boost, for wanting to play Yoshi, and improve with him... Yoshi's by far the funnest character I've ever used, and I actually don't have very much fun unless I'm playing him.. ^^

Anyway, my side is over, and I' think I told you this Joey, but I could be wrong... =/ anyway.. Hope NY is good for ya....Joey..

@Tucson, brian, me and elvis are coming up Friday to stay until the tourney Saturday, then Jeff's coming back to SV afterwards, anyone feel like housing us (Piman?!? Gamer!?!?) I'd like Yoshi practice, but I know chris won't let me =/ so sure Falco practice too, or whatever you want practice with... Allrite I think that's it.. ^^ Good luck everyone at the tourney... My goal is at least one win in tourney. I hope I get it ^^

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
alright see Tim that's another thing i don't get. you can think you're the best but you won't get anywhere with that. But if you have recognition than you will. It really doesn't matter what you think, its what everyone else thinks i know it sounds mean but its the truth. But this will probably happen to me too when i come back. I bet everyone is gonna think they're better than me. Xander, silly kyle all of them. well silly kyle already thinks hes better for no apparent reason. even though he always rage quits against my falcon and supposed to have been training with chris alot. but whatever. But I keep my word when i say that when i come back im gonna have that no. 1 spot! no matter what! GAH!

tw1n

Smash Champion
2nd grade lied to me!!! First they told me you can't subtract a big number from a smaller one, and THEN the told me that EVERYTIME a word begins with a vowel, you have to use "an". My entire life is a lie! *cries*
this is true!! Just like when they said you can't take the square root of a negaite number and all too! Ah!!!

Lol, I'm in the same boat as Axe. I thought it sounded odd, but going by the rules of grammar I could remember I decided to put the N in there anyway to play it safe.
Don't forget that they said Y was sometimes a vowel when you were a kid. But no one has ever told you the EXACT reason why! I barely found out from a linguist major at school a few years ago. Sheesh. Make me wait forever to know the truth

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Cesar Chavez what
Are you familiar with Treeko? Or his bro? Both of whose names I can't remember?
Oh, Jeremy and Casey.

Pandaxen

Smash Cadet
Casey's a really cool dude. i got to smash with him a couple times, he's REALLLY good. I had the chance to meet his brother, but i couldn't go. Casey was the best at Cesar Chavez high school in Laveen, but he doesn't attend, so that makes me 1st. I'm not insanely good, but better than everyone that goes there.

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
Stupid Kosuke (how do you spell your real name, it sounds like shane but its different lol)

He goes to my school and is better. im the only high schooler who isnt the best in their school, dammit lol

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Stupid Kosuke (how do you spell your real name, it sounds like shane but its different lol)

He goes to my school and is better. im the only high schooler who isnt the best in their school, dammit lol
nah, cheyne graduated

now he's the second best player at U of A (i think)

speaking of graduating

I'm going to college about a year from now, and I'm very probably going to ASU Main. Idk if I'm gonna live at home or near/on-campus, but if I move out from home, I would really like to live with a smasher. Would anyone want to move in with me if I do? (roughly one year from now)

Top Bottom