• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Yo Tommy. Love the DuffMan =D

"Its time to give the grass some H2Ohhh... OH ya!!!"

And Zed is sucking someones **** dry huh??? very nice....

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I think like 99% of us AZ players are on Facebook, and I'm sure many of your friends outside of smash are on there too. If weren't going to make it now, you would have made it eventually.
Everyone should add me then :p

Just find me under Tai's or anyone else on here that is friends with me :p

And I remember last time I was in AZ I woke up and someone had sucked my **** so dry that it hurt
in a good way ironically
. But no one fessed up to it. My guess is that it was a group effort (probably led my forward because it was too good).

AXE 09

Smash Master
Anybody want to midtier+ MM me? **** low tiers because of spamming the same three moves. And Pikachu.
Oh I do I do!!!! .....Wait, what exactly are the rules? Lol

Does anyone wanna Random MM best of 5?

BTW... I bought my plane tickets for Apex last night :) I'm broke :(

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Oh I do I do!!!! .....Wait, what exactly are the rules? Lol

Does anyone wanna Random MM best of 5?

BTW... I bought my plane tickets for Apex last night :) I'm broke :(
hush, jeff

broke is when you don't have the money to get the tickets in the first place

forward

Smash Champion
It's funny, the Tucson thread used to be of higher urgency for me to check than the Arizona thread. I still have to stop myself from clicking on the Tucson thread sometimes and think "wait, why do I need to check that?"

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
thats cuz stuff used to actually HAPPEN in the tucson thread

or in all the AZ Threads in general

TAG$

Smash Apprentice
awesome duffo i dont know when that will be i hardly ever travel to phx anymore :[
ill MM you with mains jackie :]

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
We should start an Arizona Melee Power Rankings!!

My list:

1) Forward
2) AXE
3) TAJ
4) GG7
5) Jet4
6) TAI
7) Silly Kyle
8) YEAH!
9) VectorMan
10) Rubyiris

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
jeff sucks at actually TRAINING people

unless by training you, you mean, just **** you for 6 hours and answer every question with, "Uh... uhh... well... shoot.... gosh........ I really don't know!"

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I have also started playing a lot of melee and would like to friendly some more when I see you guys next.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I have also started playing a lot of melee and would like to friendly some more when I see you guys next.
We should play if Kyle has me over this weekend. I've been in the mood for melee since Devastation.

And hopefully Kyle will have me over since I GET PAID THIS WEEK AND WILL HAVE MONIES TO BUY
STUFF

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion

My list:

1) Forward
2) AXE
3) TAJ
4) GG7
5) Jet4
6) TAI
7) Silly Kyle
8) YEAH!
9) VectorMan
10) Rubyiris
I want to be below everyone, that way I can show you all how wrong this is! ^^

Like it's WAY wrong! =p but it's all good gives me a challenge, and glad to see all think I'm bad.. ^^ <3 you guys

Rubyiris

Smash Hero

My list:

1) Forward
2) AXE
3) TAJ
4) GG7
5) Jet4
6) TAI
7) Silly Kyle
8) YEAH!
9) VectorMan
10) Rubyiris
You're forgetting alot of people, and you're placing yourself far higher than you really are.

List 1, counting Light, Tony, and Rob as AZ instead of retired/elsewhere:

1. sean/Forward
jeff/axe
rob/wobbles
tony/taj
chris/gg7
light
tim/vman
jackie/j4
tai
joey/yeah!

11th also probably goes to toromar, assuming he still plays. He was better than I was back during the last AIAB tournament. if he continued to play with phoenix on a regular basis, and continued to improve, he might be better than joey, but thats just heresay.

12th would go to kyle at the moment, but trust me, you won't be there for long.

13th goes to me unless someone else steps up their game, but I'm fairly certain anyone worse than me doesn't have the drive to keep playing.

Kyle, just because you beat Joey doesn't mean you're better. He does far better against better people than you do.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
WITCHEEEES, don't forget that Nicknyte is still better than rubyiris AND

Pichu > Falcon

BTW This is Nicknyte. TIMMAY!!

My list:

1) Nicknyte
2) Nicknyte
3) Nicknyte
4) Nicknyte
5) Your Mom
6) Nicknyte
7) Nicknyte
8) Nicknyte
9) Axe
10)Tim
I am awesome. Marvel. For Tim needs less emo, more not sleep.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord

My list:

1) No Johns
2) No Excuses
3) Yea Yea
4) I'm the Coolest
5) Regina Did It
6) Noctowl
7) I'll make you eat those words!
8) That's a lotta words to eat!
9) WITCHEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!
10) DA BOI!
Fixed your **** power rankings fairy children. Ranks are for circle ****s.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
You're forgetting alot of people, and you're placing yourself far higher than you really are.

List 1, counting Light, Tony, and Rob as AZ instead of retired/elsewhere:

1. sean/Forward
jeff/axe
rob/wobbles
tony/taj
chris/gg7
light
tim/vman
jackie/j4
tai
joey/yeah!

11th also probably goes to toromar, assuming he still plays. He was better than I was back during the last AIAB tournament. if he continued to play with phoenix on a regular basis, and continued to improve, he might be better than joey, but thats just heresay.

12th would go to kyle at the moment, but trust me, you won't be there for long.

13th goes to me unless someone else steps up their game, but I'm fairly certain anyone worse than me doesn't have the drive to keep playing.

Kyle, just because you beat Joey doesn't mean you're better. He does far better against better people than you do.
I perform better at tournaments than Joey and Vectorman do. I also beat them more in one vs. ones too. Just because you suck and have trouble beating them doesn't mean you should underestimate me and how I do overall in the scene.

The people that place higher than me in tournaments are always people that are clearly better than me, like Forward, AXE, TAJ, GG7, Jet4 and TAI. Wobbles is in Texas now and Light won't be back until this winter.

You're also forgetting that I've seen more people outside of Tucson play Melee and I'm pretty sure I'm a good judge of skill.

Light would definitely be above GG7, you're dumb to think otherwise.

Vectorman is not better than Jackie either lol, but I give him props for his Yoshi doing nice damage against Jackie's Marth. It got 4 stocked by me though ;)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
You're stupid, and you're far worse than you think you are.

It's saddening really. Enjoy your ego trip. You'll be cut down to size soon enough and learn some humility.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
You're stupid, and you're far worse than you think you are.

It's saddening really. Enjoy your ego trip. You'll be cut down to size soon enough and learn some humility.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I perform better at tournaments than Joey and Vectorman do. I also beat them more in one vs. ones too. Just because you suck and have trouble beating them doesn't mean you should underestimate me and how I do overall in the scene.

The people that place higher than me in tournaments are always people that are clearly better than me, like Forward, AXE, TAJ, and TAI. Wobbles is in Texas now and Light won't be back until this winter.

You're also forgetting that I've seen more people outside of Tucson play Melee and I'm pretty sure I'm a good judge of skill.

Light would definitely be above GG7, you're dumb to think otherwise.

Vectorman is not better than Jackie either lol, but I give him props for his Yoshi doing nice damage against Jackie's Marth. It got 4 stocked by me though ;)
We've played once in the same tourney, which was the OMG tourney (Gamer beating Axe) (Okami beating Tai and Turnip Tosser) (Tai beating me) **** happens, people play bad/well. It' gets the best of each and every one of us. You need to singularize your tournament(s) with me included, and I agree you've placed better than Joey more in tourney.

As far as I know Jackie plays Jeff better than he plays me, and Chris plays me better than he plays Jeff...(I know Jackie/Chris both have said this) MANY TIMES.

Another note: nobody notices, pays attention to Joey's accomplishments, nobody mentions Joey's recent defeatings of Gamer or Tai, I feel bad for him.. You all REALLY do ignore him..I understand what he means now. (And yes they were good amount of friendlies, but maybe this is why everyone ignores it (I.e. "friendlies") BTW - all out honesty, Joey really does beat me in more friendlies than I beat him, but I'm sure it doesn't make him better than me: (yet) -which BTW Joey is the Next Big Player in AZ" COUNT ON IT!

Note: when is the last time you've actually played me in tourney.. Sad to say we've never met.. *sniffle*, and if your claiming I play the same in friendlies, that I do in tourney, well that's cool I guess. :psycho:

I may be wrong on this.. but I've played OoS MANY, MANY times I actually feel like i'm not being credited for this, as you claiming I haven't played anyone OoS. :( or that I lack a "judge of skill" seems like an insult to me. :( My tournament resume ain't half bad. *sniff*

Lastly: you must understand, I visit Tucson funny enough because Xander invites me, nobody there offers me housing except for him, time after time again. I visit because Xander wants to learn, and I'm teaching him, like I have many of the players you guys know. What do ya know (Axe, Joey, Xander, even Tai's )learned some from me. I enjoy making people better. It's like something I'm actually good at, and I like being around it.

as for the 1v1 thing. I'm happy you have been beating me, I won't take that away from you. I'm mainly there to teach Xander, and help him, Winning isn't my initiative, I care about making more of us better, as a community. I know my capabilities, not to mention most of you in AZ "John", "Complain way too **** much to begin with.. What, for me to win, just for someone to degrade their opponent on it.. You do it alot, Xander does it ,alot too, but has been gettin better, Forrest does, Chris does (in a jk manner), Tai. **** practically you all ****in do.. All out honesty, I think Jackie, Axe, Light, Taj/Fwd are the only legit players that don't ***** about ****.. They just play/live/learn...

Didn't Jeff maybe about a page or so back, have a journalized post, such as this one i'm posting right now, about why he doesn't like the Tucson/Phoenix scene that much. You literally all complain too much I've made sure SV got rid of that BS, and I only ("recently got Joey finished with it) I had to explain to Tai,why Jeff was/is miserable and it only showed me why you'll never understand the way Mine/Jeff's mindset works, and you most likely never will. I've never gotten anything positive out of playing anyone 100% outside of "tournament" before if it involves me winning. It started with Xander's "SD's, if I would've done this, you would've lost, then carried to Tai's "I messed up this/that", I wish I knew the MU, To SK's "wow that was BS" to the ever growing "My techskill is bad today.

You ever think or wonder what if You're opponent didn't mess **** up either, what would happen? Of course you don't because most of you are all stoked up about what YOU are doing wrong, then 'Johning" about it, not exercising that same right to the opponent, but myself, Axe don't initiate that garbage, we let you do it for us.

**** gets old, I don't need to play any of you as if I have something to prove besides the above players, without me becoming miserable, this reason alone is why people "quit" melee, and I'm not going to allow AZ to ruin the experience for me.. Look what it's done to Axe already w/him not being in SV. Friendlies are to make people better, not judge one's skill off of, which is what (your rankings are saying right now) :(

I'm not going to change the way I am, and give every player I play 110% in friendlies just for someone to throw some BS at me, and ruin my experience. You all already ****ed up Axe's, I'm not gonna allow that to happen to me... I'm still going to play the same way I am now, and that's in general for me to make anyone I can better. If you really want to judge someone by what you think your ranking, should be.. "Save it for tournament results where it Matters" not by who you beat in friendlies. If a rank matters that much to you, than hey take it, but don't take it on "friendlies" assumptions. I've beaten top players many a times, it still means nothing (well to me) if it's not in tourney.

Anyway, idc about your rankings suggestions, I just completely disagreed with the knowledge you had to back it up.

I hate saying this, because it's embarassing but in general I love you guys!! I mean, you guys buy me food, outside of smash, most of you are B.A.M.F's to hang with, all are unique, and no lie......some of the best friends, people I've ever met.. I mean **** I wouldn't have met Jeff w/o this game, and most importantly, you allow me to be the immature 22 year old *******, that I usually can't show in the world, but being around you guys, i can "literally" be myself.. It's values like this, I think people "forget" about in life, and I can only pray gets better. *sigh* well anway

No i'm not mad, at SK, Tai, Gamer, or anyone in AZ, just a bit disturbed/disappointed by some of AZ's player logic, and now completely understand what you all put Jeff through. ****'s annoying.

Anyway, my long *** post is over...AND YES MY YOSHI IS THE BUZINASS!

Yoshi on Peach is impossible for my playing style... or as Tai hates (SV = style) SV - style > effectiveness
Heed of advice to Yoshi players which you all already know..

DJC's on Peach = not a good idea! *cry* (Silly Kyle rocked my Yoshi, I only got like 80% on him in one match) It was an evil 4 stock *cries more*

Top Bottom