• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
I'm going to Genesis...

...provided I too get the transportation for it.

I know Cooper down here in Tucson briefly mentioned possibly taking people, but it was nothing really concrete.

Brainstorming would be cool, Genesis is only Three Months away.

Also to any Brawl players planning on going to Genesis, there is discussion going on that Brawl Regional Crew Battles will probably be getting cut in order to make sure the tourney stays in the 3-day time frame. I think it's alright if it moves the tourney along smoothly, and I imagine any Brawl playing to take it's natural course, and be very slow.
3 months ain't a lot of time. we gotsta get a move on!

ahhhh :/ i was looking forward to crew battles :(

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I'm going to Genesis...

...provided I too get the transportation for it.

I know Cooper down here in Tucson briefly mentioned possibly taking people, but it was nothing really concrete.

Brainstorming would be cool, Genesis is only Three Months away.

Also to any Brawl players planning on going to Genesis, there is discussion going on that Brawl Regional Crew Battles will probably be getting cut in order to make sure the tourney stays in the 3-day time frame. I think it's alright if it moves the tourney along smoothly, and I imagine any Brawl playing to take it's natural course, and be very slow.
I guess this means Melee crews is still staying then?

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Yeah, Melee crews are still good to go.

Once they start taking payments, and get a more definite view on how many people will actually be going, is probably when they will make the final decision, but for now, it seems that Brawl Crews is axed.

I'm pretty sure they know that playing Brawl just takes a looooooooong time anyway, because it's Brawl.

And you can't cut Melee crews at huge tourney like that, it would be sacrilegious.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
True.

But take into consideration the amount of time that will be used setting up all these modded Wii's in tourney.

And let's not forget that Brawl is generally a slow fighting game...

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
right but since its slow, the replay hack would be even better, and everyone should mod their wii for that at least IMO

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Ah...Yes...But, Uroboros will be released into the atmosphere...Ensuring complete. Global. Saturation.

Haaaaaahhhhhhhhh

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Everybody knows mine :) It's like the only time I use Fox in singles if I'm not confident in my Marth at the moment. I also know the stage **** well so I position myself if I'm at KO percents I can tech off a surface when I'm at high damages. I have all sorts of tricksies like Falcon Punching Slowpoke in the eye or the disappearing Porygon Falcon Punch. Dashdancing on Squirtle is the best part though.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I kind of fond of Mushroom Kingdom II and Corneria. I never really play on anything that isn't neutral though. Kongo Jungke 64 isn' too bad either.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
word i think everyone knows what mine is. . .if not it is of course Brinstar, lava rests FTW! if i happen to miss oh well cuz the lava will wake my *** up lol, but im trying to think what a good counter pick stage would be for a doubles team of captain falcon and puff

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Brinstar works well for the both of them. When I team as puff with Chris's Falcon, I play as the hard-to-hit assistance. I'll nip the opponent into his range and float just out of range for being punished. Bigger stages tend to work better for this team since puff can float around all dandy and Falcon gets to run around freely.

Starking

Smash Cadet
Will you be hosting the Brawl tourney Justin?

Or will they have the standard rule set? Just wanna know.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I keep forgetting to point this out, but to anyone who has a Facebook...

I made a group, the Tucson/Phoenix/Sierra Vista Melee Smash Crew

Even if you don't have Facebook, you should at least click the link anyway so you can see the masterpiece that is the group photo, courtesy of my Photoshopings.

Right now, there are only 6 Tucson players in the group, and two random a** people I don't even know, but this could turn out pretty cool.

Join Now: Tucson/Phoenix/Sierra Vista Melee Smash Crew

Goop

Smash Journeyman
I would say the top 10 for melee would be:

1. Sean
2. Taj
3. Rob
4. Axe
5. Light
6. Coty
7. Chuckie
8. Trevyn
9. Tai
10. Goop

Something like that. Though I would suspect Kosuke or some other random Tuscon people would probably give me a run for my money or possibly beat me for the 10th spot, nevertheless thats what I think the list would some what look like.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
LOL. Emomar. Ridiculous.
agreed, thats funny,

on a side note, who knows about dihydrogen monoxide? who knows about this sentless, tasteless chemical that can kill you if you breath it in? its everywhere there isnt a day we dont deal with it! its been known to kill thousands of people in a single day!

Top Bottom