• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
Brawl rankings on the other hand are significantly outdated. Yamer was in charge of the thread and he's not even here anymore. The two dominant brawl crews are now inactive so we have a handful of newcomers that have been winning the tournaments instead. The entire brawl rankings is up in the air to me. There has been a consistent amount of brawl tournaments in Phoenix, so those people shouldn't have to much trouble compiling up their part of the list.
my guess for top 5 would be (forward? does he still play brawl that much?)/jard, justin, dark/light/lock. after that things get blurry some. im sure that the people mover tourny will help this out. anyone else got any suggestions?

do you think that we should start a az power rankings comity?

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I don't really even know what the Brawl situation is in AZ, I barely hear of anything about since we are so into Melee. I went to that PnT tourney, but that isn't even a legitimate tourney, but it's been the only one in Tucson since I think In2D's tourney.

Also, Duffy. What do we want our team name to be?

EDIT: Can anyone see my signature, I click the box for it to show, and it hasn't been appearing.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I can't even see what it looks like, besides in the User CP where I edit it.

What needs to be changed about it?

Well even then, it probably looks different for everyone....

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
just a heads up, ima justin is hostin a short notice smashfest at my his house tomorrow starting round 3. pm me or him for my his address/phone number if you wanna go. tryin to get some practice in before the tourny on the 25th.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
sorry about this weekend smashing guys, my gf had to go to a jazz club for her class, and i got suckered into going too. i'll be free mostly this week too but its my birthday on tuesday, so we're going out this coming weekend, but i'll be up for some smash whenever during the week too!

jackie, i wanna play you too, but if you're free from 2-3, lemme know ahead of time and i'll trade spanish classes :D

tommy, i don't see a sig at all lol

@ power rankings, might be fun, but how do they work? not too familiar with them

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I didn't know of a tourney on the 25th. ACMM5?, I'll try and make it.

My hair is actually longer than Shiv's, I'm just lacking beard. So I can kind of rock the Jesus thing.

So Snake is dangling on the right? I wish I knew how to fix it.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i'm goin to the thing on the 25th, and need to get better at brawl before then. any takers? the only ones i know who play are xander jackie sean and tommy, and out of those, maybe 2 i can actually play with. I guess its off to the lounge on fridays to **** again QQ

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
i'm goin to the thing on the 25th, and need to get better at brawl before then. any takers? the only ones i know who play are xander jackie sean and tommy, and out of those, maybe 2 i can actually play with. I guess its off to the lounge on fridays to **** again QQ
Will you be available to play Brawl anytime between Mon-Wed? I'll be in Phoenix from Thursday to Sunday.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
tucson meleefest tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at least i hope so. can we play melees at your house again xander?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
tucson meleefest tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at least i hope so. can we play melees at your house again xander?
Yeah, not a problem. Just give me a call. I may be going to play Brawl with Nick for a while, though. I'll be busy early afternoon, checking in on the places I've applied at, reapplying at some other places, and finally making a bank account for myself. I'm expecting to be home somewhere between 2:30 and 3:00 PM.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
im down for the power rankings, the only problem is AZ too johns, for some unknown reason non of us can seem to have the same time off as one another so we cant play each other or we dont have hq setup anywbere to play

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
im down for the power rankings, the only problem is AZ too johns, for some unknown reason non of us can seem to have the same time off as one another so we cant play each other or we dont have hq setup anywbere to play
im thinking that we already know like the top 5ish people in az but after that is what myself and others would like to knows. it would be a cool thing to strive for. makes practice all worth while.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
hq has been set up at my place recently.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
Give me the top 5 on the Brawl side of AZ.
something like this

jard, justin, dark/light/lock. i don't know if forward really plays brawl anymore and i havn't seen him play since like jan or so so im not including him on this list. this is just from what i have seen at tournys.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey do you guys have any MELEE tournaments in the summer? I am interested in going. :D

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
something like this

jard, justin, dark/light/lock. i don't know if forward really plays brawl anymore and i havn't seen him play since like jan or so so im not including him on this list. this is just from what i have seen at tournys.
Of the five, which one would you kick off for Forward?
---
Sinz, someone is always pulling Melee tourneys out of their *** every month. Don't worry.

What happened to Brawl?

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
umm... i think i would kick off either dark or lock. they both did superb last tourny and had very close loser semi's but i think dark barely won that one. if any of them, it would one of those two

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
oh well touche well hopefully you dont play only on mon, tues, fri at around 4-9 but maybe you guys play anytime on wed?
Smash is on random days at random times. The most concrete days have been Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sat. Occasionally Sun, too.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Smash is on random days at random times. The most concrete days have been Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sat. Occasionally Sun, too.
It's because those are the only days I don't have school until 9 p.m. :laugh:

Any brawl tournament Sean has entered he has gotten 1st except for the time he got 2nd to DSF. I doubt the trend would change in the future. He's leaps ahead of everyone else in my opinion.

I'm not too shabby myself ;) Anybody that has played my Snake, G&W, or even Bowser and Sheik knows what I'm capable of.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero

Any brawl tournament Sean has entered he has gotten 1st except for the time he got 2nd to DSF. I doubt the trend would change in the future. He's leaps ahead of everyone else in my opinion.

I'm not too shabby myself ;) Anybody that has played my Snake, G&W, or even Bowser and Sheik knows what I'm capable of.
I want to play with you more often. I think that if I had more experience/training, I could be decent.

I won't have a wii in my place much longer, however.

On another note: Does anyone here play, or know anyone who plays the Pokemon, or Bleach TCGs?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Of the five, which one would you kick off for Forward?
---
Sinz, someone is always pulling Melee tourneys out of their *** every month. Don't worry.

What happened to Brawl?
I do both, don't worry. I am cool I roll both ways. Heck, I even roll my own way. I like both games and have fun playing both. I just feel like some melee tournies :D

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
If you have the top 9, put me as an honorary 10th. Ok?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Jerk. :/ Here I thought that AZ was decent. But, once again TAI you proved me wrong.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Jerk. :/ Here I thought that AZ was decent. But, once again TAI you proved me wrong.
LOL thanks :laugh:

If you're not good enough to be on the ranking, doesn't that make you less than decent? Or were you talking about being assh*ole-ish? If so, it's primarily me ^__~

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Your not even mentioning good Tuscon players like Jackie and Tommy. And yeah, forward is still playing.
Are we talking about Brawl? Then heck yes I'm good. I think me and Jackie are just about even at Brawl.

I really want to play Sean at Melee and Brawl, but our schedules, like the rest of Tucson, never seem to match up.

Also, hey Tucson, I need a ride to this Saturdays smashfest. If you want to meet up somewhere and then whisk me away to wherever we are smashing, that would be great. Cooper, answer your phone man.

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice

yea i remember at the pnt tourney ur bowser was insane, one day we will battle....

one day

Top Bottom