• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I lost the "chris collection." I sold my desktop today, and just mass-deleted everything on C: drive, which included the 2-hour segment of Me, Kyle, Jackie, Chris, Shiv, and his friend.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
You know, I actually liked everyone talking about the game for once when Kosuke brought up what mindgames everyone uses.

I think it would be cool to know how you came about, or why you chose the mains and secondaries you use.

In Melee I main Ganon because I love power. I've always liked the bad guys too, I've always wanted them to come out on top. And he looks like a complete BA.
I'm trying to figure out a secondary between Falcon, Marth, Sheik, and Falco.

Anyone who played me recently, out of those 4, which should I probably stick with?

In Brawl I main Snake. I don't have a real secondary, I go Snake 99% of the time. Snake has such a tight hiney, I mean, it's practically visible from every angle. Great stage control options, and **** tilts.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Me and Piman34 we're talking about mains and secondaries one day, and we came to the conclusion that Captain Falcon is the Universal Secondary. Even if you main Falcon, he's still your secondary.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I personally believe everyone should secondary either Fox, or Shiek.

Pretty much any bad match up, both stage, and character-wise can be countered with, or brought to an even match with Fox or Shiek.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
****, ive mained link ganon and now jiggs,

i started with link cuz lets be real link is a BAMF hes a way crappy character though and when i got into advanced play i had to change

rather than go easy mode with shiek i went to the other tri force and honestly thats why, ganon was from zelda game and his power is almost second to non

and jiggs because i thought itd be humiliating for other to loose to this puff thats light weight lol

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I can't believe I'm saying this but, I'm practicing Fox. His short hop is killing me though, I can't get the timing down.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I can't believe I'm saying this but, I'm practicing Fox. His short hop is killing me though, I can't get the timing down.
it kills everyone at the beginning. Despite playing competitively since 2006, i still can't short hop more than 75% of the time.

Just wait until you attempt to learn shdl and multi shine. It's hell.

IMO Fox's waveshine is easier than Falcos.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Do you own it, and for what system? Or did you play a friends copy?
bought it. just the game. i use my gh3 controller. 360

I lost the "chris collection." I sold my desktop today, and just mass-deleted everything on C: drive, which included the 2-hour segment of Me, Kyle, Jackie, Chris, Shiv, and his friend.
whaaaaaaaaat?! no more of my fox beating all of you set after set? I NEVER BEAT JACKIE THAT MUCH! FIND THE TAPE!!!

Me and Piman34 we're talking about mains and secondaries one day, and we came to the conclusion that Captain Falcon is the Universal Secondary. Even if you main Falcon, he's still your secondary.
this is true but only in tucson. everyone in tucson plays falcon. SV is picking it up too.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I just pre-registered for Genesis, I hope I can make it. I didn't realize how many people were planning on attending, just look at that list: http://www.norcalsmash.com/register/index.php?

I'll need a teammate partner for Melee and Brawl doubles.

There's still 3 months until the tourney, it's going to fly by man. We need to start planning for a way to get there. I know Cooper offered his vehicle, we still need more options though, just in case.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
I just pre-registered for Genesis, I hope I can make it. I didn't realize how many people were planning on attending, just look at that list: http://www.norcalsmash.com/register/index.php?

I'll need a teammate partner for Melee and Brawl doubles.

There's still 3 months until the tourney, it's going to fly by man. We need to start planning for a way to get there. I know Cooper offered his vehicle, we still need more options though, just in case.
i think dook was talking about flying there or something. if we could get some people with some rides, have everyone chip in gas money, it would be set.

also, crews... think we should do that? for both melee and brawl

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I'm looking over the list right now and 17 AZ Smashers are pre-registered for Genesis, I know not all of us may be able to make it, but pre-registered right now are

Melee: Me, Troll, Tee ay eye, Rubyiris, ninjade1, Light_, Dark, Crea, Cooper, Taj, KaiN, rugoodat, Jar'd, and Mr.?

Brawl: Me, Mr.?, Jar'd, rugoodat, Dark, Light_, Dark Shifter, Rubyiris, Rain the Link Main, and JustinKamikaze

I'm cool with forming a crew. I havn't done a crew battle before. Some of us are playing both, maybe a crew for Melee and Brawl that consists of AZ's Melee and Brawl players?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I need a teams partner for both games.

I don't mind teaming with `Ex in Melee, but I would really prefer to team with someone much better than him in Brawl.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Hey AZ,

Its been too good, but I've come to say my good byes. I am graduating in a month and have to move on. I will be leaving Arizona this summer for my job. I have not played smash in the last few months but that does not mean I have forgotten the last few years. I have watched this community grow from the ground up and it makes me proud to be leaving it now. Everyone has helped me grow as a person throughout the years. Smashers are great friends is all I have to say. I regret that I won't be able to attend AZ smash fests any longer. I will miss the cheering and the laughter and the klutch matches. My era of smashers have mostly all moved on now it seems but those of you that remember the earlier days, you have my respect. Those of you who are continuing the community in our stead, I wish you good games.

Az will always be too good.

-ChaosTheory
Trenton Tait

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3037250

Yeah, I was just looking for an excuse to still use that site.
No...It still makes sense.
---
Dad: Hey look, Johnny! Watch! That tiger is gonna **** that gazelle!
Johnny: What exactly do you mean, Papa?
*The tiger ***** the gazelle*
Dad: That's exactly what I mean, Johnny.

In this case, G-Mo is the tiger ****** the gazelle.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
If anyone is looking for a Brawl partner, I play Falco, and Ike. There's plenty of time between now and Genesis for me to pick up another character, if need be.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
There can be only one.

Anyways, I think that there are enough active players now to have power rankings for fun. They don't need to be taken seriously, but it would be nifty to see an approximation of where you stand relative to your nearby peers.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
There can be only one.

Anyways, I think that there are enough active players now to have power rankings for fun. They don't need to be taken seriously, but it would be nifty to see an approximation of where you stand relative to your nearby peers.
Thing about AZ, is that the top 6ish players are very easy to gauge. I'm interested in how the rest of AZ stacks up to our better active players.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
There can be only one.

yes yes and oh hell yes. haha

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Dude, lets do it. I'm for power rankings, for fun of course. I want to know where I stand compared to everyone else.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Everybody knows that the top 5 for melee will go along the lines of Forward, Taj, Wobbles, Axe, and Light (disregarding Tim for now since he's not active because of the military). The rest of the list is pretty blurry though. The old list is outdated (somebody should post the link to it though, I haven't peeked at it in a while) since about half of those players vanished from the smash scene. 6-10 is difficult to call, especially since the better players are too humble to label themselves that high. I'm sure that most of us are interested in how the rest of rankings would go since we are the rest of the rankings.

Anybody want to put in their speculative votes for who fits where in those ranks? I'll start off with my guess, and I encourage anybody to argue with me with their opinions.

Phoenix:
-Tai
-Chuckie
-Manny (That's goop right?)

Tucson:
-Me
-Chris

I haven't played Phoenix much, but that would be my guess since they've basically been around for a while with experience. I'm probably forgetting some significant names at the moment too. Kosuke doesn't want to be included in any rankings if I recall correctly. The rest of the smashers are improving and catching up, so I'm sure they want to be able to see where they can stand and gauge their improvement this way as well.

Brawl rankings on the other hand are significantly outdated. Yamer was in charge of the thread and he's not even here anymore. The two dominant brawl crews are now inactive so we have a handful of newcomers that have been winning the tournaments instead. The entire brawl rankings is up in the air to me. There has been a consistent amount of brawl tournaments in Phoenix, so those people shouldn't have to much trouble compiling up their part of the list.

Top Bottom