• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Can I keep the green name, please?!?

Someone help me out here!
---
You just "aren't as aware", yes Kosuke?
Javy, I don't know what you mean. I always try my best. So yes, if you beat me in a friendly, it means you would have won that match in tourney.
---
One more thing, I like losing.
---
Hey, Alt, any mod, CAN I SERIOUSLY KEEP THE GREEN NAME SINCE THE BROOM WON'T EVER ACCEPT ME?!? This is the best April Fools' Joke ever.
---
Okay, now my name is red? This is so lame. >_>

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I remember you telling me at Dan's one time that you just "aren't as aware" in friendlies, or something like that. But meh, maybe I listened wrong.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Forgot to mention, FinalCut Pro is awesome for editing video minus the fact that it costs about a couple thousand.

I'd also take advice of any kind (even life advice lol) from Sean, Tony, and Dan seriously since they are by far the most mature and know from experience. I think they're the oldest ones here too.

I want smashboards to post a thread with a title like "darkrain v ss vids" and make it redirect you to a rickroll. I think I'm the only person that still thinks rickrolling is funny though...
What are the chances of my finding a pirated copy? :D

Also; Is anyone interested in buying my copy of Brawl?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I remember you telling me at Dan's one time that you just "aren't as aware" in friendlies, or something like that. But meh, maybe I listened wrong.
Javy, you probably did not hear wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if I told you something like that.

But that was a few months ago. My methods have changed since then.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Is anyone interested in going to S.I.N., a big brawl and MELEE tourney in Vegas the week before devastation? Normally I wouldn't care that much, but m2k plans to go to AZ from Socal, then to Vegas for SIN, then back to AZ for Devastation, and he is lacking transportation, and I said I'd help lol. I might be able to go and put some money into the transportation pot, but I'll need more than just me and Jason to be able to go.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
For the record Dan you are older than me. I am 22 you are 23.

On a unrelated note, I will prolly be starting some melee monthlies soon in Tempe at a comic book shop I go to. Some time in May.

jedirobb

Smash Rookie
DEVASTATION Updates

Thread updated April 1st...

DEVASTATION Updates:

Super Smash Bros Brawl Doubles (Official) Tournament announced, rules posted and registration is open
SNK/Raging Storm Guest Badge variant and Player Badge available on the site (now 18 badges to choose from)
Confirmed Side-Tournaments: SNK KOF (5 titles with bonus pots), BlazBlue (singles and doubles), Super Smash Bros Melee (singles and doubles), Karnov's Revenge (Singles), Battle Fantasia (Singles)

Important Price Increase Note/Dates!

On April 15th, the Registration fee will go up to $45.00 and the Raffle Tickets to $10.00.
On May 1st, the Registration fee will go up to $50.00 and remain there until day-of, emergency registrations.

You wait to pay and you will pay more...

Hotel Reservation Information

Just a reminder, we have a block of rooms reserved at the Hyatt Regency across the street from the DEVASTATION venue. These room rates are only good until May and then the prices will increase.
Room rates are $105.00 for double occupancy
Make your reservation now, check out the Hotel Page: http://www.devastationevent.com/hotel

We have a more updates coming so do not be surprised if we post up again shortly.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
hey jackie play me sometime again for awhile? i miss yoU! and well, my friend justin just doesn't cut it alone...that offer goes out to lots of people, i love playing this game! however winning is part of it, so is losing. take it with a grain of salt yes?

smash this weekend, i'm free after 2 on friday, if anyone wants to do something. I'd like to play chris and/or sean, since i haven't in melee really, and i know i wiill not do so well but it will give me something to work on!

xander - you are known for your johns lol, but also, one reason you might be losing is because you can't mindgame people into doing what you want them to; or their mindgames are better. it might have nothing to do with your techical game vs theirs; when pros play, they all have tech skill down to the point that its mindgame vs mindgame ability, and that's what determines the victor. i like the idea of playing more people if you're happier though, so try that!

also: what is up with the april fools comments? i didn't notice anything different (yesterday, i suppose)

fark

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone interested in going to S.I.N., a big brawl and MELEE tourney in Vegas the week before devastation? Normally I wouldn't care that much, but m2k plans to go to AZ from Socal, then to Vegas for SIN, then back to AZ for Devastation, and he is lacking transportation, and I said I'd help lol. I might be able to go and put some money into the transportation pot, but I'll need more than just me and Jason to be able to go.
if this is april fools then haha haha funny funny, you suck. if not, ill go.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
so for those of you wanting to play today, ty and i are gonna throw down a little at his place around 1ish give us a call or text one of us

fark

Smash Apprentice
i dont know but its ****ing ********. i pmed an admin and he hasnt responded to me.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
You are only at 50% maximum power, good sir.

As we all know, Blue + Red = Purple. You are only half of what the true beast unleashed is!

At least you have that going for you.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Have we met at a tourney, Jetfour? You have to forgive me, names aren't my best suit. Neither are faces, in fact. :p
Yeah, random melee tourney in Phoenix last year where there was a random 64 setup. We only played like one Falco ditto ever so I don't expect you to remember me haha. I just remember thinking "he looks nothing like Bill Nye."

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v289/236/102/1020780042/n1020780042_71763_2601.jpg

Outdated photo but I figured that I'm more recognizable with a controller in my hand.

Xander, nevermind about Final Cut Pro since it's only for Mac. I only have experience with it because of the photolabs on campus

Random question for Tucson: Does anybody know what happened to Jy? He was decent at melee but I haven't seen him in ages.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I'll go, and I'll give my f-air share of gas money.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, cool, Jetfour. I think I remember that. Was it the one that Coreygames ran? I'm pretty bad with names and faces...

Also, I've always disliked Falco dittos... I don't know why... My play style doesn't really lend well to dittos. Usually my play style is just to bull**** my opponent out of as many stocks as possible. (And when I'm playing Coty, it's just to run around long enough for him to suicide 4 times)

Really, my play style is just to try to mask as best as possible that I'm not actually any good at melee. Mind games? No. Tech skill? No. I just sort of gimp and forward smash. It usually works.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Oh, cool, Jetfour. I think I remember that. Was it the one that Coreygames ran? I'm pretty bad with names and faces...

Also, I've always disliked Falco dittos... I don't know why... My play style doesn't really lend well to dittos. Usually my play style is just to bull**** my opponent out of as many stocks as possible. (And when I'm playing Coty, it's just to run around long enough for him to suicide 4 times)

Really, my play style is just to try to mask as best as possible that I'm not actually any good at melee. Mind games? No. Tech skill? No. I just sort of gimp and forward smash. It usually works.
Which is why it works so splendidly in teams

forward

Smash Champion
Jy lives on the west side of town now, silverbell and speedway. He still goes to the UofA but I don't think he plays much smash.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I did have an account before this one I made in 2007, so kind of been around.

I live in Tucson, and I have never heard the name Jy before.

SlapY0Self

Smash Rookie
Did you go/miss HOBO 15? Will you be at the next Houston Major/Epic Brawl/SF4 Tournament (HOBO 16/TYS 1) on May 2, 2009?

Reasons why to Come:

Its at Funplex. Venue can hold 400+ People + Arcade + Projectors
All of the best SF4/Brawl players will be here! SF4/Brawl till 2am
HOBO 15 had 85+ players in attendence
Casuals being played (MVC2/SC4/SFHDREMIX/TVC/MELEE/3RDSTRIKE)
Out of towners. 1 month+ in advance. Book your tickets NOW!!!

Excuses that are Banned:

I have job/work. SO TAKE OFF!
I have something important to do. Stop being scaredd and COME!
I have school work to do! Tell your teacher I said It was OK TO HOBO/TYS!

For more information about HOBO 16/TYS 1, Go to--> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142123 Or Go to--> www.smashbrostournaments.com/event/main/ See you there... NO EXCUSES!!!

Bounogun

Smash Cadet
If you live in the Mesa/Tempe/Phoenix/Chandler/scottsdale area of arizona and want to play against me e-mail me at gamer_11_99@yahoo.com either your phone number or some way I can contact you to find out where you live or if you want You can come to my place it doesn't matter to me where we play as long as it's melee I like brawl I just don't have a wii so I haven't had any way of playing brawl except at tournaments held here in Arizona.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Did you go/miss HOBO 15? Will you be at the next Houston Major/Epic Brawl/SF4 Tournament (HOBO 16/TYS 1) on May 2, 2009?

Reasons why to Come:

Its at Funplex. Venue can hold 400+ People + Arcade + Projectors
All of the best SF4/Brawl players will be here! SF4/Brawl till 2am
HOBO 15 had 85+ players in attendence
Casuals being played (MVC2/SC4/SFHDREMIX/TVC/MELEE/3RDSTRIKE)
Out of towners. 1 month+ in advance. Book your tickets NOW!!!

Excuses that are Banned:

I have job/work. SO TAKE OFF!
I have something important to do. Stop being scaredd and COME!
I have school work to do! Tell your teacher I said It was OK TO HOBO/TYS!

For more information about HOBO 16/TYS 1, Go to--> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142123 Or Go to--> www.smashbrostournaments.com/event/main/ See you there... NO EXCUSES!!!
I'm pretty sure being 600$ in dept is a legit excuse. :D

Top Bottom