• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
thats a little difficult, it differs for everyone i fight at least or i try to incorporate different ones for different people. . .

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Well, in your case, Jigglypuff only has to bait and camp and spam Bair.
---
In general, is that usually what it feels like to you?

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
thats true but say im fighting a shiek, c. fal, or a marth im gonna crouch a lot more to duck under their grabs, especially shiek lol.

ps i just saw a pink cement truck drive by wtf?

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Sean/Tony/Rob/Jeff: Win spam
Me: Random edgeguard spam
Tai/Shiv: Technical spam
Kosuke (because I never remember your real name): Utilt spam
Chris: Attack out of everything spam
Jade: Rest spam
Enrique: Grab spam
Ty: Ground spam
Nick: Crouch cancel spam
Forrest/Alex: Downsmash spam
Xander: Forward smash the edge spam
Rusty: Drill spam
Kyle/Tommy: Fair spam
Philippe: Shine-upsmash spam
James: Ftilt/downsmash spam
Joey: Waveshine spam
Brian: Sidestep spam
Elvis: Misfire spam

forward

Smash Champion
I like to listen to people's controller for rolling on the stage with the L or R button. But it works against me if you know how to mind game me with it

I also use different throws depending on where I am on the stage

DI is really important, but you won't DI correctly unless you know you will be hit. Therefor, I accept that I will be hit. I think a lot of people don't want to accept they will get hit because it means accepting that you did something wrong, such as an approach.

Random advice ftw

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
id like to think i have a pretty good mixture or rests and WoPs in my play style but when im nervouse i tend to forget about rests unless its obviously gonna hit,

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Well, in your case, Jigglypuff only has to bait and camp and spam Bair.
That's actually not how to play jiggz. That's way too predictable. All someone has to do is figure out the rhythm and the bairs will be punished so easily. And that playstyle gets destroyed by Fox.

Jade rests anybody. He's the dude for resting out of throws. It's hilarious to see people afraid to hit him after they throw him.

I saw the pink cement truck once before haha, it cracked me up.

Win spam simply means AZ too good.

I'm gonna be off boards for the rest of today, if anybody wants to smash just call/text before 5.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Sean/Tony/Rob/Jeff: Win spam
Me: Random edgeguard spam
Tai/Shiv: Technical spam
Kosuke (because I never remember your real name): Utilt spam
Chris: Attack out of everything spam
Jade: Rest spam
Enrique: Grab spam
Ty: Ground spam
Nick: Crouch cancel spam
Forrest/Alex: Downsmash spam
Xander: Forward smash the edge spam
Rusty: Drill spam
Kyle/Tommy: Fair spam
Philippe: Shine-upsmash spam
James: Ftilt/downsmash spam
Joey: Waveshine spam
Brian: Sidestep spam
Elvis: Misfire spam
I do this too often. ><

As for mindgames; My "mindgames" really only come down to simple things. Against players I'm unfamiliar with, I try to play slowly with Fox and Falco. If I play more passively, their playstyle reveals itself to me.

Against players I'm more familiar with, it changes. I step up the aggression, except against some characters. Against Elvis, I have a tendancy to camp vs his Luigi, if only because I'm unsure of how to deal with it with my spacies.

Against players who I know power shield, I like to play off-beat, and I spend more time looking for opprotunities in which lasers can't be power shieldied. Against power shielding players with Fox, I like to grab alot.

Against Jade, I play a mixture of passive, and aggressive. I'm afraid of his grabs, so I like to space nairs, tilts, and spam lasers, but at lower percentages, I like to drill Jiggly to hell and back.

At the edge, I usually just fsmash spam, lol. I have started to change it up, such as approaching the edge as if to fsmash, then either short hopping back, or wavedashing back THEN starting the fsmash spam. Despite I believing it to be a bad habit, it does get me alot of kills. o.o

I like to illusion as an attack.

I like to firebird/fox as an attack. Especially Firebird vs floaties.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
+5

LOL

I -do- U-Tilt a lot don't I...? That is one of my preferable moves...Either with Fox or Marth.
---
Anywayz, my name is Cheyne (pronounced shane).

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
I remember that I like to take deep breaths or make noises whenever someone's floating into Forward Smash range to bait airdodges, lol. I use RL mind games.

Otherwise, I can't think of any mindgames that I have in game. I just respond and react.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
i guess ill go into more detail like xander did, its not like im doing anything important just working 8)

unfamiliar players- i generally just try and use my spacing a little more like xander play passively, but most people wont be bring out aggression on jiggs, especially when i rest em off the bat, or as kosuke said ill spam bairs in different rythms, maybe switch sides, but for the most part im cautious

familiar players- i usually play off of what they do, i know their tatics so im way more aggressive, i tend to get to aggressive though and mess up and punished

shieks- this is a fun/aggrivating match up, if they know my style they can usually punish me for it, i tend to just without an arial and duck in front of their shield and rest their grab(that all shieks do), of ill crouch cancel their dash attack/grab and rest them

marths- this match up sucks but ill still do it, spacing is where its at, i cant do anything except wait for an opening 8(

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
if anyone knows some mindgames at a decent price lemme know, i'd like to buy some...

i tend to cc spam you're right jackie lol, BUT i'm learning slowly to NOT do that against dsmash spammers aka forrest :D it does work wonders against Ty since he never expects it for some reason but i don't really know how to follow up with combos, i kind of either tend to wait and let them return since i'm not good at predicting, or just roll anyway

my mindgames are i roll when you aren't near me.

also @ forward, i use the same thing to listen on the edge, it works wonders since if they roll, they eat a charged shield breaker! Also, when people try to buffer attacks, or they get unexpected landing lag, most tend to continue doing the same attack they intended on doing, which you can hear a spamming of the c-stick or something too, and depending on your position relative to them can anticipate what's coming at you!

also, what are some good tips to practicing power shielding? Cuz falco > me

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
i noticed for tony that when hes mewtwo rather then tech in a direction he techs in place and teleports somewhere, not really mind game status but somewhat and way cool looking

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
also, what are some good tips to practicing power shielding? Cuz falco > me
Get two controllers shoot with one, PS with the other. DISCLAIMER: Melee is extremely boring by yourself. To PS effectively, you have to hit L or R as if the laser's tip would be *inside* your shield area if you were to pull it out. You know what I mean.
---
The game is all just getting movement and tech skill down until it becomes second nature. By then, the game is all about outplaying. ^^

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
tommy said he knew you, so he knows both pi(e)'s in arizona which is awesome! good stuff bro.

what flavor?
This is going to sound crazy, but after much contemplation and debate, I have concluded that cheesecake is in fact a pie, which would then be my favorite one

fark

Smash Apprentice
Dan! can yo see what you can do about getting my name changed? i dont wanna make a new account.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I remember that I like to take deep breaths or make noises whenever someone's floating into Forward Smash range to bait airdodges, lol. I use RL mind games.

Otherwise, I can't think of any mindgames that I have in game. I just respond and react.
You also stare at people who don't know Mewtwo's killing percents for his u-throw whenever you grab them so they try to mash out of it.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
This is going to sound crazy, but after much contemplation and debate, I have concluded that cheesecake is in fact a pie, which would then be my favorite one
that's my favorite one too...but I'm stickin with it being a cake, and afaik cakes can't be pies...or can they?

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Sometimes, my mindgames consist of farting.

But really though, I don't think I have any real mindgames.

I love fair spam. So much fun with Falcon and Ganon

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes, my mindgames consist of farting.

But really though, I don't think I have any real mindgames.

I love fair spam. So much fun with Falcon and Ganon
you do the classic ganon mind game. . . jump opponent jumps at you with an attack you double jump retreating with a fair. . . .ah ganon gotta love that big hairy guy with a symbiote on his head, seriously though check out his eye brows!

Top Bottom