• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Snakeee Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

sasook

Smash Champion
Like, two pages earlier.
Ah, I was looking for that post, I remember I saw it somewhere. Turns out I had been searching the wrong thread (had been going through the Q&A thread). Thanks ph00t.

So...the worst matchup ratio is 65/35? Sweet, I'm going ZSS against Falco every time now.

Well since you're not on AIM I'll say it here.

I've been practicing on Brinstar like you suggested for the tourney. Idk why I didnt go there sooner. It's got all these great things for ZSS.

Anyways what characters in specific do you think we should try to save this for and not use it on?

Like for people with really strong H2H (like snake) or really high aerial priority (like Luigi) I tend to do better with on flat stages since I could dash and jump around more (harder to hit) and pull off better spacing, plus I land more dsmashes there. since my current style is based on staying near the ground a little more. I think im just a good ground fighter.

But at the same time we could juggle him way good and probably get early uair kills on Brinstar since apparently it has a low ceiling. Im kinda torn.

But for characters like Kirby, ROB, or MK it seems that we would do good on stages like lylat.

Thoughts?
Kinda off topic, but this is getting weird now. All these great ZSS stages....happen to be great Link stages. O.o not that I'm complaining xD.

Anyways, Link does well against Lucario on Brinstar. Maybe the same applies for ZSS?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Well since you're not on AIM I'll say it here.

I've been practicing on Brinstar like you suggested for the tourney. Idk why I didnt go there sooner. It's got all these great things for ZSS.

Anyways what characters in specific do you think we should try to save this for and not use it on?

Like for people with really strong H2H (like snake) or really high aerial priority (like Luigi) I tend to do better with on flat stages since I could dash and jump around more (harder to hit) and pull off better spacing, plus I land more dsmashes there. since my current style is based on staying near the ground a little more. I think im just a good ground fighter.

But at the same time we could juggle him way good and probably get early uair kills on Brinstar since apparently it has a low ceiling. Im kinda torn.

But for characters like Kirby, ROB, or MK it seems that we would do good on stages like lylat.

Thoughts? And hit me up on AIM when you get the chance. I think I found a team tactic that may give us a real advantage.

EDIT:

I still don't believe Luigi's THAT bad...>_>
Snake's actually one of the characters I like using Brinstar on....so is Luigi. I think we have some things backwards lol. And both Brinstar and Lylat are good for most big characters because D-smashes from the low platforms are amazing on them. Well not only that, but its' so much easier to hit them in general and they really don't have room to move around. I'll talk to you on AIM the next time I see you on.

Oh about ZSS' worst match ups, Sheik is up there too. That's at least 55/45 Sheik

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Snakeee, I'm pretty sure this sort of question has been asked many times, but I'm here on behalf of my friend who is a ZSS mainer and I have limited personal knowledge on the character other than how to take her out, lol.

Ok, so basically, what do you recommend for initial approaches? He's stuck in a pattern of over-reliance on dash attacks, forward B, jabs, d-smash, etc. While these are her bread and butter attacks, he's just...stale with it all and leaves himself to be read like a book by a lot of skilled players. Do you have any key pieces of advice that I could pass along to him regarding this situation?

risemix

Smash Apprentice
Snake's actually one of the characters I like using Brinstar on....so is Luigi. I think we have some things backwards lol. And both Brinstar and Lylat are good for most big characters because D-smashes from the low platforms are amazing on them. Well not only that, but its' so much easier to hit them in general and they really don't have room to move around. I'll talk to you on AIM the next time I see you on.

Oh about ZSS' worst match ups, Sheik is up there too. That's at least 55/45 Sheik
I agree about Sheik. I fought a particularly annoying one who loved to fire off single needles at me to quell my approaches. They come out very fast and have the Falcoesque stun quality to them.

So I just did what I do to spammy Falcos and hung off the edge until he came over. :laugh:

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I was going to say something similar about Sheik. I don't know what it is about her, but she can really just overwhelm you with fast moves that have stupidly massive hitboxes, and the just run away. Furthermore, Sheik is the only character that I get consistently gimped by. She's just really good at covering the recovery space and moving about it without really being counterable. ZSS has all sorts of power on Sheik, and easily outranges her, but spacing is tough against stuff like DACUS.

cba

Smash Master
I hate fighting sheiks that when im @ high %'ages they switch to Zelda and just USmash or Do any tilt and thats it, -1 stock.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
does anyone else think Mario is a tough match-up?

probably hardly ever encountered one, but his projectiles are great, his air game is annoying (nair to break combos) and his h2h is good enough (decent grab/jab and good spotdodge). And he's hard as hell to gimp (up-b has sick priority, fireballs as he returns, plus cape and such). Maybe I just don't know how to space him, but it's really hard finding an opening.

Furthermore, Sheik is the only character that I get consistently gimped by.
Hah, my friend Champ thinks Sheik is the best gimping character in the game, and to some extent, I think he's right.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Snake, what do you think will be your estimated completion of Link to the Past? I'm keeping tabs on you...

:laugh:

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I need help with the luigi, kirby, and ROB matchup. Can anyone tell me what to do and what cp's to take?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Snake, what do you think will be your estimated completion of Link to the Past? I'm keeping tabs on you...

:laugh:
Lmao, I'm progressing pretty well. I just beat the dungeon in the town. It was no where near as hard as the other Dark World dungeons though. I went through it really quickly. Oh and I got my sword tempered :)

sasook

Smash Champion
does anyone else think Mario is a tough match-up?

probably hardly ever encountered one, but his projectiles are great, his air game is annoying (nair to break combos) and his h2h is good enough (decent grab/jab and good spotdodge). And he's hard as hell to gimp (up-b has sick priority, fireballs as he returns, plus cape and such). Maybe I just don't know how to space him, but it's really hard finding an opening.
Normally when it comes to ZSS, I'm wrong half the time. But I'll say my opinion anyway. *warning - this may cause some anger* IMO, Mario can combo better than ZSS can.

Hah, my friend Champ thinks Sheik is the best gimping character in the game, and to some extent, I think he's right.
Champ? Like, THE Champ? The one with the amazing Falcon?

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
For the Mario question I think the advantage is in ZSS favor (im more than likely to be wrong, but i'll give opinion). Yes, Mario might be able to combo better but to a certain percentage. If the % is high enough you can probably just get out easily. Luigi is more of a threat since his ariels are really short and come out quickly.

All you need to watch out for is fireball camping. Just pressure him with side-b. If I'm wrong correct me. I don't really talk about matchups too much.

cba

Smash Master
I was playing NL's Mario and I definitely think ZSS has the advantage.
55-45.

kATAlyst

Smash Apprentice
any advice on the diddy matchup (especially ADHD)

btw, howd u leave your bag of burgers on my stuff?

Snakeee

Smash Master
I was playing NL's Mario and I definitely think ZSS has the advantage.
55-45.
That sounds about right.

....I'm not using ZSS on Diddy anymore :(. But to win it with ZSS you have to be really really patient, and try to stay on a platform if there is one, and run off and attack when you have the opportunity at just the right moments. I've finally realized that Diddy does counter ZSS to some extent at least. Oh btw, a jab will get you out of his jab - grab.

And lmao, I left them on the chair I don't know how they ended up on top of all your stuff. Wouldn't you have had to put it there? The stuff wasn't there when I put the burgers on it o_O

Snakeee

Smash Master
You don't have to yell at me lol. I answered these earlier, but Luigi beats ZSS, ZSS has a pretty good advantage on Kirby, and she has a small advantage on ROB

Bouse

Smash Ace

How to beat Diddy with ZSS:

To quote NinjaLink:

The thing that can be aggravating for a Diddy player is the fact that if you're used to doing it, you can just make some S'mores while they try to get at you. Then you can make Banana and Peanut Butter S'mores.

cba

Smash Master
LMAO Bouse.

you have to.
I hate fighting diddys.
I definetly think he is top Tier.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Most Diddy's ban RC. My best stage after that would be Brinstar. That works pretty well on him, but his aerials are still quite a pain.

risemix

Smash Apprentice
I fought a good Diddy in my area the other day and agree that it is not favorable for ZSS, however it's not hopeless either. Maybe we should make this our next match-up discussion... ;)

cba

Smash Master
I love Norfair along with Rainbow Cruise and delfino.
the stages that i most hate are Smashville and Frigate.

I like lylat Cruise but it annoy's me when the suit pieces fall off, on the other hand i somewhat like it because they (Suit pieces) fall off.
I hate it when i start getting ***** with My own Suit =/

Kain17

Smash Cadet
Sorry If these have already been asked, but I skipped from around page 17 out of lack of time. (I'll catch up soon, sorry!)

Question: what is the best way to move a ledgehogger? I have trouble with this. At times, the whip even seems to grab the ledge, but my opponent gets there before it somehow.

Also, what are good approach moves for zelda/sheik?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Why would anyone ban Norfair? Do they just not know how to play there? Do they just not like it when Snakeee wins there?

Kaitou Ace

Smash Apprentice
So, this was discussed in the Meet and Greet Brawl Chatroom.

Since I live in NY, can I become your hermit student and you can teach me the secret ways of ZSS? 8D

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
How does a ZSS lose to Diddy on Brinstar, or like Lylat?

NeoZero

Smash Apprentice
So, this was discussed in the Meet and Greet Brawl Chatroom.

Since I live in NY, can I become your hermit student and you can teach me the secret ways of ZSS? 8D
Look, their's no need to become a hermit to learn the "secret ways of Zss". All you really need to do is make effective use of our stickies and, if you need further help on certain topics/elements of her gameplay, feel free to post questions about them here. I'm sure someone can help you out.

Of course, becoming a hermit is really your choice. If you want to become one, go ahead.

Although, playing w/ Snakeee might make you better. Hmm... I might consider becoming a hermit myself...

cba

Smash Master
Why would anyone ban Norfair? Do they just not know how to play there? Do they just not like it when Snakeee wins there?
Well, its the State rules or something.

the Only legal stages in most places are;

Neutral:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1

Banned Stages:

*Everything Else

so there...gayed.

Snakeee

Smash Master
What would you say ZSS's learning curve is?
It's significantly more difficult than almost any other character. A major issue will be in realizing just how unbalanced she is. She has some glaring weaknesses you need to figure out how to overcome, while exploiting her unusual advantages that other characters don't have.

Top Bottom