• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Snakeee Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

cba

Smash Master
Snakeee, what do you do with Scrubs?
Do you shower w/ it or just toss it in the garbage?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Snakeee, what do you do with Scrubs?
Do you laugh because JD is such a lovable idiot? Or do you chuckle because Dr. Cox is such a snarky *******?

Kadiev

Smash Ace
You save your back air for killing or do you use it often?

Edit - When I down b near a ledge sometimes it just auto down bs the other way? Can you explain it plz

Snakeee

Smash Master
You save your back air for killing? Or do you use it often?
It's best if you can save it for a kill, but I don't put too much emphasis on that. It is the move I kill the most with though, and it's usually better to do up airs if they connect in the air. Depending on your opponent, however, you might want to use it just to get them off the stage so you can try to edgeguard

Snakeee

Smash Master
To add to jibby, if you hold down for a little bit after the first down b (when predicting a wall bounce) then let go before you get away from the ledge, ZSS wont wall bounce.
This doesn't seem to work everytime, but I'm not sure on this. There might be something that legitimately stops that, and it'd be awesome if somebody could figure it out. I absolutely hate when I die because of that because I know it's going to happen as soon as I down B in that position :(

Kadiev

Smash Ace
Humm maybe ill do some research on it. Im surprised no one has done it. I think it would be very helpful to know wtf is going on during that time.

PS - Whats your general style against olimars?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
This doesn't seem to work everytime, but I'm not sure on this. There might be something that legitimately stops that, and it'd be awesome if somebody could figure it out. I absolutely hate when I die because of that because I know it's going to happen as soon as I down B in that position :(
Holding down stops the wall-jump 100% of the time. If it doesn't work, you're pressing down too late/letting go too early.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Wow really? That's great, but you have to let go of down before you hit into the stage? That's weird, but if it works, it works.
XD No, you misunderstood. You have to be holding down the entire time you're against a wall to not bounce off. If you let go while touching the wall and still in the flip-jump you will bounce off, and if you press down after you hit the wall,you will have bounced off already. Sorry if that was confusing.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Nick I think he was talking about this relating to the ledge and not an ACTUAL wall, of course on a wall the bounce will activate anytime she's touching it (without holding down) but the way I said applies to the ledge since it's only a really tiny wall that ZSS would be able to go though holding down then letting go to grab it.

Omg please shorten your location lol it messing up my browser.
:( I just wanted free expression. *yawn* I'll change it in the tommorrow.

Kadiev

Smash Ace
What do you ZSS mains think about the Ice Climbers matchup? I usually win against ZSS players but I wanna know what options you think she has against them?
I seem to not have much trouble with ICs I mean we have range over them IC blocks don't do much. If they roll towards you the down smash will at least hit Nana so you can't get chain grabbed. I just run the whole time and make sure I don't get grabbed.

cba

Smash Master
IC's CG are messed up.
and they can Spam you back too so you NEED to know how to camp.

nessqk

Smash Journeyman
zero suit is great but snakee i bearly see you useing her chain grab u usually just beat people up lol

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
What do you ZSS mains think about the Ice Climbers matchup? I usually win against ZSS players but I wanna know what options you think she has against them?
ZSS outranges ICs and easily beats their grab, and has the tools to approach over their blocks. Plasma Whip and Dsmash are also really good at separating the Climbers. Rolling against ZSS will often result in a dsmash, so a lot of ICs approaches get beaten by ZSS.

But like any match-up, if ZSS gets grabbed, it's over. I'd put it at 55/45 ZSS, personally.

Top Bottom