• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Snakeee Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Snakeee

Smash Master
It's definitely the stache.

Yeah, his aerials are a real pain. The only way past them is to outspace them perfectly with up air and b-air. Don't try to string together aerials right away. Last time I played Boss, every single time I tried to do two up airs he would N-air me right after getting hit by the first X_X.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
It's definitely the stache.

Yeah, his aerials are a real pain. The only way past them is to outspace them perfectly with up air and b-air. Don't try to string together aerials right away. Last time I played Boss, every single time I tried to do two up airs he would N-air me right after getting hit by the first X_X.
Agreed on this front. Luigi's aerials are nasty, especially nair. If you put his fireballs for stage control with his aerials for punishment, Luigi's really tough. Down B isn't so much of a problem if you can predict it (just jab it), but you'll want to be careful around his other good moves.

Luigi's not incredibly tough if you can space, right, though. Don't be overaggressive, and try to stay grounded. Combo Luigi with longer ranged moves if you don't feel comfortable timing and spacing moves.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Agreed on this front. Luigi's aerials are nasty, especially nair. If you put his fireballs for stage control with his aerials for punishment, Luigi's really tough. Down B isn't so much of a problem if you can predict it (just jab it), but you'll want to be careful around his other good moves.

Luigi's not incredibly tough if you can space, right, though. Don't be overaggressive, and try to stay grounded. Combo Luigi with longer ranged moves if you don't feel comfortable timing and spacing moves.
Ohh I know I can beat him, but he is surprisingly an even match up in my opinion, and the mental effect of the mustache just automatically puts it in his favor.

As Snake said one of the main problems is how hard it is to juggle him, the HBFoTJJM, out priorities stuff that doesn't make sense. Someone needs to make a overly dramatic flash video of Luigi's neutral air dominating everything, cue old fashion scouter reference.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
Just try not to juggle at low %. He will get out of it somehow. In the meantime use u-smash (not too much) or up-b sometimes. Seems to work for me.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
I really dont think Luigi's a BAD matchup. I played Boss' Luigi also. I know his aerials can at times beat yours. That's why you shouldnt really rely on going in the air as much except to juggle. As for his nair, When I juggle I usually do a single uair, FF, wait for airdodge or w/e, then jump right back with another. This way if he does a nair, ZSS will be out of his range and be ready to counter with a spaced uair.

I tend to stay on the ground most of the time. If im feeling threatened by his constant aerials, I could just dash back and wait for an opening. Luigi's aerials dont have much range so he's gonna have to get in really close to to get a hit in with them. Try to powershield and counter with utilt or pivot side b.

His fireballs seem pretty average, so I just block them and continue. Of course be careful of his tornado, they usually do it right when they are about to land. if you dont see it coming it can go right through you. Though I didnt know you can jab through it, I just shielded and countered.

Everything else is just standard procedure I guess.

Snakeee

Smash Master
You listed some info on how we should deal with Luigi Spec (and it's good btw), however just this doesn't mean he doesn't have the advantage. I know to lay off now and try to predict him after I get one aerial in, but the fact that we have to worry about that makes him harder to deal with than most others.

If you're good at it, you should be able to powershield the majority of his fireballs. This still usually forces ZSS to approach though because what is she going to do in between fireballs at a distance? The only thing that does sometimes work for me is short hop - airdodge - side B. This doesn't feel too reliable though.
If ZSS does get through his spacing, she still loses pretty badly at close range anyway. All we really have against him is jab 1.

And he can really KO much earlier than we can. Both chars have several moves that have KO potential, but his have much more power than ZSS'

noradseven

Smash Lord
You listed some info on how we should deal with Luigi Spec (and it's good btw), however just this doesn't mean he doesn't have the advantage. I know to lay off now and try to predict him after I get one aerial in, but the fact that we have to worry about that makes him harder to deal with than most others.

If you're good at it, you should be able to powershield the majority of his fireballs. This still usually forces ZSS to approach though because what is she going to do in between fireballs at a distance? The only thing that does sometimes work for me is short hop - airdodge - side B. This doesn't feel too reliable though.
If ZSS does get through his spacing, she still loses pretty badly at close range anyway. All we really have against him is jab 1.

And he can really KO much earlier than we can. Both chars have several moves that have KO potential, but his have much more power than ZSS'
Well his fireballs arn't too bad you duck under the air tossed ones, and you can one two punch (aka over B) the ground ones, land cancling over B is the only one that works, first punch on the ground will result in you stopping the move but no over B, I don't think this match is bad I just consider it even. Kinda like the marth match.

sasook

Smash Champion
Actually, I do remember seeing a picture of him somewhere on SWF. Can't remember where though.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Am I really that attractive? lol

and I hardly ever get edgehogged Darth. If I do I usually feel stupid, because I probably made a stupid mistake.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
Am I really that attractive? lol

and I hardly ever get edgehogged Darth. If I do I usually feel stupid, because I probably made a stupid mistake.
So, I still don't know what you look like. I'm just curious--not for the same reasons as Cake, though. :laugh:

noradseven

Smash Lord
It's an even match up, but Goldfish win because of the pizzaz (sp >_>?)
Sounds like you don't know this match at all, how much experience do you have at eating both of these foods?

Because at least the cheezit boxes around here taste mighty **** good, at least compared to the chedder Goldfish. I would say its clearly in their favor.

Pizza flavor though is a pro choice as well however.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Sounds like you don't know this match at all, how much experience do you have at eating both of these foods?

Because at least the cheezit boxes around here taste mighty **** good, at least compared to the chedder Goldfish. I would say its clearly in their favor.

Pizza flavor though is a pro choice as well however.
I didn't mean pizza I meant pizzazz http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pizzazz
lol...something I apparently have as well

FK1

Smash Journeyman
Awww, I was wrong...I thought you would look like a tall skinny emo kid, but no, you look like an Italian kid. And, I did not know that m2k looked like such a nerd...(not flaming...just observing.) Haha.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Awww, I was wrong...I thought you would look like a tall skinny emo kid, but no, you look like an Italian kid. And, I did not know that m2k looked like such a nerd...(not flaming...just observing.) Haha.
Lmao, I'm just curious what made you think I would look emo?...do I sound emo??? Maybe other ZSS players are like that?
Btw, yeah I'm 100% Italian
And M2K is the biggest nerd I've ever met, no offense M2K (he wouldn't take offense either)
He's a funny one though.

eh, We need an on topic post soon, someone ask me a legit question please.

cba

Smash Master
I really cant picture anybody without a description.

i would think everyone here had a plasma gun or something.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
Lol except for me of course.....and the ppl i have seen.
What about Bulbasaur? Can you imageine him with a gun? What if instead of pokeballs you throw guns. That turn you on? It shouldn't. The advertisement above that says "Ignite the Passion" should though.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Well since you're not on AIM I'll say it here.

I've been practicing on Brinstar like you suggested for the tourney. Idk why I didnt go there sooner. It's got all these great things for ZSS.

Anyways what characters in specific do you think we should try to save this for and not use it on?

Like for people with really strong H2H (like snake) or really high aerial priority (like Luigi) I tend to do better with on flat stages since I could dash and jump around more (harder to hit) and pull off better spacing, plus I land more dsmashes there. since my current style is based on staying near the ground a little more. I think im just a good ground fighter.

But at the same time we could juggle him way good and probably get early uair kills on Brinstar since apparently it has a low ceiling. Im kinda torn.

But for characters like Kirby, ROB, or MK it seems that we would do good on stages like lylat.

Thoughts? And hit me up on AIM when you get the chance. I think I found a team tactic that may give us a real advantage.

EDIT:

2) Luigi - 6/4
I still don't believe Luigi's THAT bad...>_>

Top Bottom