• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Cort Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Boost grab and JC grab with peach reduce range, IIRC
Dash grab is usually the best answer

Connor, I'm watching you vs G$ again. You've really blossomed. I've noticed that I tend to abuse floating, and I realized it's because I don't know how to fight on the ground. You seem to do this excelently. Any tips for me?

Zoler

Smash Ace
I know this is a noob question but is there any way you can get the effect (or damage) from getting dsmashed while crouch cancelling and not crouching? Feels like it has happened to me some times but I guess it's just me crouching by mistake?

_KuyaSombreo_

Smash Ace
Is it legal for a Peach to use her beamsword?

oh and what are the chances for a peach playing a doubles match to pull out 2 beamswords, one for her and one for her partner?

The Irish Mafia

zoler if you hit the dsmash at certain angles and if you jump into it (scrub favorite), than it gets more hits than normal
I have one clip somewhere of me doing 50% off of a dsmash because it was on a slanted part of Pokemon Stadium

Cort

Apple Head
Bump cause I'm bored

Also announcing my return to smash this summer! Going to every tournament I can 8-D

..with PC!! And if Chillin/Azen don't come back we're lookin to claim #1 teams evar (unless some lame-a$$ double jiggs team involving Mango and or Darc comes)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Bump cause I'm bored

Also announcing my return to smash this summer! Going to every tournament I can 8-D

..with PC!! And if Chillin/Azen don't come back we're lookin to claim #1 teams evar (unless some lame-a$$ double jiggs team involving Mango and or Darc comes)
*rolls around in the grass smiling*

Cort

Apple Head
I find that no matter how long of a hiatus I take from Smash, Sheik is an easy character to play. It's nearly impossible to play badly with her unless you are mentally playing horribly (annoyed, aggravated @ Fox's g@yity, etc.)

HEY KEVINM LUB YOU <3

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I find that no matter how long of a hiatus I take from Smash, Sheik is an easy character to play. It's nearly impossible to play badly with her unless you are mentally playing horribly (annoyed, aggravated @ Fox's g@yity, etc.)

HEY KEVINM LUB YOU <3
Teach me to be good. D:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer

HEY KEVINM LUB YOU <3
I fixed my car, expect me up soon!

The first weekend I'm not working I'll shoot you a PRIVATE MESSAGE.

<3 LUB YOU TOO

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Bump cause I'm bored

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P3ALwKeSEYs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P3ALwKeSEYs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Cort will you be playing Peach again? Or are you going to pick a good character this time?

Also, fangirly glee, hugs, rainbows, spastic happiness, glitter, etc.

I.B

Smash Lord
Bump cause I'm bored

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Cort

Apple Head
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P3ALwKeSEYs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P3ALwKeSEYs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
rofl. Mike when are you coming back to NY?
Cort will you be playing Peach again? Or are you going to pick a good character this time?

Also, fangirly glee, hugs, rainbows, spastic happiness, glitter, etc.
I always have to fall back on Peach <_< But I have been playing the hell out of Falco and Sheik recently and they're both really fun.
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
MARTH PLAYERS CAN'T POST IN THIS TOPIC :mad:
Also I've still yet to meet only one person from Canada. Remedy this soon please.

EBWOP: 2
KevinM I don't think I've met you.
What is this? I don't even...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I always have to fall back on Peach <_< But I have been playing the hell out of Falco and Sheik recently and they're both really fun.
You find Sheik fun too?! Oh my god we should totally make out. Or play Smash together. Whichever makes more sense.

Cort

Apple Head
remember when Cort & PC won FC:D and were like "Meh. Maine's harder." <3 best team ever
That was the easiest tournament ever. I did 1200 damage in one game. ROFL ICs + Fox.
You find Sheik fun too?! Oh my god we should totally make out. Or play Smash together. Whichever makes more sense.
let's do both at the same time I think.
OOOOOO this is mah ****! This brings me back. :)

So Cort, why does Bomb to Dair ****?
it just.. DOES

The Irish Mafia

Getting up from the ledge is more of a matter of being unpredictable than it is choosing the best option. Sure, neutral teching has less lag, but do it every time and you'll get burned. Think about all the applicable options you have and then think about what he's expecting. Though samus can cover many options, she can't cover them all.

Personally, I like roll from ledge. It has deceptive invincibility frames and gets me out of tight spots more than any other option.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Cort's back (and maybe vidjo)! Oh snap 11111. Good stuff guys. Hopefully I'll be able to play you sometime now that I live in NY ( except for the fact that I'll be in NC for the summer ) but whatever, maybe I'll be able to go to Airship and see some peeps. Anyway.

/ 1 Month Late Response.

Cort

Apple Head
haha

@ Samus thing

Mostly dependant on Samus' spacing from the ledge and whether or not you're above 100% yet. If she is spaced from the ledge and you're sub 100% I would -usually- normally get up to shield as there's generally very few ways to punish it. Jump from the ledge is also a viable mixup as Peach recovers very fast from it and you can instantly start floating backwards while people try and react and punish you, you can float back in and punish that or if you don't float, just hold back and then double jump back and punish etc.

Above 100% I try and be completely random <_< Jump from the ledge is still a decent option get normal get up to shield or buffer roll behind is also good. Realistically, you have to just keep playing your Samus friend and see just how exactly they're punishing your ledge options and figure out which ones are truly safest.

Riio

Smash Cadet
Alright so I've been lurking for a while but still have some noob questions I haven't found the answer to:

1. I use the control stick for aerials while floating, is this the norm or am I dumb and missing out on some way to use the c-stick while floating?

2. Is FC nair/bair OOS faster than just a normal SH nair/bair OOS? My tech skill's kind of janky so I often end up doing FC dair when I try FC nair OOS. I'm guessing people return the control stick to neutral position by hand?

3. Should I SH or full jump during turnip approaches? When I SH throw a turnip it seems harder to control what height I float at and I usually end up too low.

4. Not really a question but uair is weird duuuuuu.

5. How do I trash talk better, calling my opponent cute and telling him I mindgamed him everytime he SDs is getting old. More pausing during downsmash spam?

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the advice guys! I got a couple more questions for you guys.

Does peach have anyway to ledge hop and aerial move or something that works the same way?

When your teammate gets a grab is it best to down smash or try to get the strange hitbox on peach's up smash?

Are there any matches or posts that would be helpful for developing my turnip game, especially zoning/controlling space and approaching, versus different characters?

Also what exactly does toad(neutral b) do in the air? It looks like it gives some height or at least stalls. Can anyone clarify?

Top Bottom