• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Ask Anyone Frame Things Thread

Jonas

Smash Champion
If you do a late Fair you can still jab before they can get a shieldgrab out (earliest grabs are frame 7). Some characters have faster OoS options than grab though.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Meteor is active on all active hitbox frames of D-air. Hitbox is like on his **** tho or some ****. Can't really tell you just looking at data or testing what the "best" frame to hit them on practically would be.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Strong Bad if you could make a table of frame advantage/disadvantage for every move in the game on shield that would help the community so much...also listing every characters major OoS options' data would be great. It seems like the majority of everyone's questions are related to that.

I'd really like to know the frame +/-s of all of Marth's moves. AC nair vs. late nair. The frames between double fair. The frames between fair uair. Late uair/fair. etc.

Also, what are the mechanics of switching between lightshield and hard shield? Can we go to light shield in between pressure? If we can, how many frames do we need to do so? Or do that cooky trick that switches the shields super quickly?

Varist

Smash Lord
Strong Bad, how much faster is it to double side-B with Falco across like, Dreamland or FD, compared to running across? for clutch edgehogs etc.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've got a pretty high work load this week plus I like to **** around on the internet being unproductive so gimme some time guys.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's really gay. Something like compares the number of frames where A was held to number of total frames (hence why extra hitlag on hit makes it easier, same with delaying punch & knee). I don't know the threshold for it. Also holding A on the last hit and IASAing out doesn't count that A press.
workin on the other questions

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Is shield DI equivalent to regular smash DI (except it being applied the hitlag on shield)? Is there a difference between shield DI and automatic shield DI? If so, does the c-stick outprioritize the control stick for auto shield DI like it does for ASDI?

It's really gay. Something like compares the number of frames where A was held to number of total frames (hence why extra hitlag on hit makes it easier, same with delaying punch & knee).
Does it count number of frames where A was held for the first two hits or just for the third one?

Also holding A on the last hit and IASAing out doesn't count that A press.
I don't get what you mean by this. Mind re-wording it?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
At first, I didn't get it.

But when I did, I laughed fairly hard. You, sir, are already one of the best posters on SWF. Congratulations.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I started applauding irl.
God dammit Zajice
Why do you betray me

Tirno: When I visit Texas I'm killing you. Just letting you know.

Also, I've been incredibly lazy these past few weeks. >_> Sorry everyone!

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I'm M2K's old frame data thread he states that Mario/Doctor Mario's down B will only result in a net increase in total altitude (He was talking about who could reach the furthest height from a standing position) if a person could mash the button at an almost inhuman speed. How many times would you have to press B during the tornado in order to do this (have a net increase in altitude if you use tornado before using UpB)?

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
I remember reading a list of distances that fox's shine sends every character and it was beeing measured in "feet". what is a foot in melee? im guessing its half the width of puff or something like that..

Pi

Smash Hero
the only generally accepted, factually based, tried and true form of distance in melee has and will forever be the bowser length

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Yo SB, how many frames does it take for marths up b to go from starting, to the maximum height?(IE he is no longer moving in an upwards direction.)

:phone:

hectohertz

Smash Ace
is there a way to tell how strong various hitboxes are from looking at the hitbox gifs?

what are the exact conditions for when a move with be reversed (i.e. when a knee sends you backwards, not talking about reverse specials)

is there a reason why some of g+w's aerials can't be l-cancelled?

are there any moves in the game can be auto-cancelled at the start of the move after the hitboxes comeout?

sorry for all the questions, your the best SB. <3 this thread

Varist

Smash Lord
he has not said any things of frame for 24 days.

last post doesn't count cus no numbers.

and he's a generally mean guy imo.

Top Bottom