• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Apex 2010 Full Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Joey, I kinda was...I remember Saturday I felt really weird and my body hurt from being so overtired. I think I just walked around in a daze that whole day LOL! I only felt slightly more energetic when I was walking to get bubble tea with you guys cause I was out in the air. .____. I think im 80% back to normalcy.
You should try 5 hour energy. Well, it might hype you up a bit but if you lose you'll go a bit down hill... Like I did. xD

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
You know, I love how my pools was pretty varied. <3

Had a Ganon, a Jiggs, A Marth, A Fox, Shiek? I forget lol. I need to get BETTER. GAH
Yeah my Melee pool had a Ganon/Falcon, a Peach/Sheik, a Fox, a Falcon (me) and a no-show lol. I dunno what this talk about too many spacies is.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
You should try 5 hour energy. Well, it might hype you up a bit but if you lose you'll go a bit down hill... Like I did. xD
Yeah I'm pretty sure if I ventured into that territory I would've risked passing out (in a bad way) lol my heart was already racing the whole day from being so tired and having drank many cups of coffee XD this was the worst weekend for me, I had a total of ten hours sleep from Friday morning to Monday evening. We didn't make home till 7am after Apex and then went to work two hours later. :dizzy:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah my Melee pool had a Ganon/Falcon, a Peach/Sheik, a Fox, a Falcon (me) and a no-show lol. I dunno what this talk about too many spacies is.

Awesome! LOL I know right? Best pools I ever had. I am still considering if I should have a secondary.. because I'm a ok doc but not enough to get out of pools lol. You going to rom3? : D

Yeah I'm pretty sure if I ventured into that territory I would've risked passing out (in a bad way) lol my heart was already racing the whole day from being so tired and having drank many cups of coffee XD this was the worst weekend for me, I had a total of ten hours sleep from Friday morning to Monday evening. We didn't make home till 7am after Apex and then went to work two hours later. :dizzy:
Oh I see xD Hopefully you got some Brawl/Melee experience as a reward! (Risk being the loss of sleep lol)

Ugh work right after? OMG lol. Sorry to hear that, imagine all hyped from apex and then having to go to work. : [ See ya at rom3 as well : D

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
@Ran, Haha truth is, I barely played any friendlies .___. not that I didn't play any, just not as much as I would've liked to if I had been functioning LOL. The tournament was still amazing and I had an amazing time either way for me. Def will see you at ROM3, and/or...No Johns?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Shoutout to the dudes talking smack when I was playing Hailey - it was mad funny :laugh: especially that part when talking about electricity being unfair or something, sounded like some Pokemon jank hahaha

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Ran, Haha truth is, I barely played any friendlies .___. not that I didn't play any, just not as much as I would've liked to if I had been functioning LOL. The tournament was still amazing and I had an amazing time either way for me. Def will see you at ROM3, and/or...No Johns?
Lol yeah same here... I think I need to, re-organize how I play friendlies at tournies... (Meaning I need to limit how much matches I do with people and actually playing MORE people) I think I stayed in one spot for too long at times.

Also, I dunno about No Johns. I'm going to MLG Raleigh so I might not have money for No johns lol. But deff rom3, and a no johns before rom3 fer sure. : D

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Awesome! LOL I know right? Best pools I ever had. I am still considering if I should have a secondary.. because I'm a ok doc but not enough to get out of pools lol. You going to rom3? : D
Nah this is my last major tourney for a while - I had to really stretch my resources to afford this. I secondary Doc too actually but I wasn't even close to taking any games off of my pool (Magus, VaNz, Summonedfist (from my region lol)) so didn't really bother with him.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
SHOUTOUTS - Thanks for making this a great trip

What a pleasure to finally meet much of the smash community in person.

I had a great time for the most part, and I really felt as though you Americans opened up to me. Thanks very much. I played against quite a few people, so I'm really sorry if I don't personally address someone here. Good times all round.

CANADA

Bernard / Raynex : We finally meet, friend. You're a great guy, and a talented smasher. I'm glad I could show you that Marth has disgusting hitboxes sometimes. Thank you for eating with me, for chilling with me, and for talking to me. Hanging out with you guys made me wish I was part of the Toronto community pretty badly.

Imadh / I.B : I was hoping to avoid the comparisons, but they're inevitable, Mr. Anderson. Imadh, you are such a swell guy. You have a great attitude, and a grab game to match. Just being near you made my Fox vs. Marth game improve immensely. If you guys host a huge tournament, I might come visit -- maybe I can sneak in a trip to my GF's too. Good job beating Chops and Hax; I knew you could do it. That being said, I'm glad I successfully built up your confidence by letting you think that you're somewhere near as good as me. ;D <3 jk

Ryan / Unknown522 : You are my standard for how a Fox should play, now. You're very knowledgeable, and very chill. Don't let confidence in your own talent become the measure for how you judge others' ability-- not everyone is as systematic as you! Good games, and great job in doubles.

Idea : You have a good Jigglypuff, dude. We should have played some seriously sets. You were kind and supportive -- thanks a bunch.

Eric / Blunted_Object10 : Well done. I am very proud of you for beating Plank. And you did a great job against Lucky. I'll still be seeing you often, dude.

Roustane / DivinoKage : You *****, man. I'm sorry that I couldn't always save you. I was busy battling my bandaids. You did well, just that Jiggs was too ****. We lost to HBox's team and Mango's team -- that's nothing to be ashamed of. Hope to see you sometime soon.

Sanuzi : Sorry we didn't get our friendlies in, man! Another time.

LONG ISLAND

Evan / Animal : I'm sorry about your wallet, dude. You're an up-and-coming player. Keep watching vids, and play with people who own you. You have potential to improve.

Wynton / Prog : You are great, dude. I dedicated a FB status to you, but you deserve more. Let's keep chilling while I'm here, PLEASE, and I'll buy you Checkers or something. I'll show you what I'm really made of at NoJohns.

Hotel Guys: I don't remember all of your names, but I am so glad none of you are rapists. If you were, then you were stealthy, and I appreciate that. Thank you for letting me sleep on the bed the second night. You were good roommates.

TOURNAMENT MATCHES

Round 1 Pools: There was no easy win in our bracket. There were Peaches, Sheiks, Marths, Foxes, and even a Doc. Good matches. MacD, I will see you in a Cali tournament soon, I hope.

Round 2 Pools:

Axe : You are sick. I wish I could have played your Falco, but that's okay, your Pikachu is tight. I don't feel bad losing to you, esp. since you have Taj and Tai practice, but also because you **** everyone every day, before breakfast and after. I hope to meet you again. You are one of my favourite smashers.

Lambchopz : Congratulations on your performance, Juan. You, me, and Hungrybox are part of a joyous group of Juans. Thank you for reminding me to keep it real lol. I am bitter towards Randall because of you, but you're a skilled player and I don't mind losing 2nd seed to you.

Singles:

D1 : Good matches man. I'm sorry you didn't get any warm-up time in. I know you could have done a lot better.

Jman : Don't get nervous, dude. You're one of the best Foxes. I always describe you as my fox when I'm playing perfectly. I'm glad I came as close to beating you as I did.

G$ : Falco doesn't normally work against me, dawg. I saw your matches vs. BO, you're a great Marth. I hope to see you on the 21st!

Eggm : You really pulled it out. I thought I could take it, but you were too consistent for my nonsense. Well played. I'm glad you did well, even though it was at Canada's expense!

FRIENDLIES

PC Chris : One of the coolest smashers. Great to meet you and play you. You are going to do really well if you keep up your confidence.

M2K : You performed well. I haven't seen Sheik played that well in doubles. And yes, Marth sucks!

Thorn : A Falco I haven't heard about taking games off me? You're hella good, friend. Keep it up.

Colbol : I finally met you, so excited. You are ub3r pr0, and I'm glad you laugh at my jokes. <3 I felt safe with you in the room -- who would **** me when they can **** COLIN?

Mango : Sorry I gave you the bad matches. Thanks for putting me on WC crew, I think I pulled my weight? I'd love it if you took the game a bit more seriously. There are people who really like to see you play well, and I'm one of them. MM at a California tournament. I guarantee I'll take money from your Falco ;D . You're sick in doubles.

Swiftbass : All those friendlies, I was thinking to myself, "man, this Fox is good!" Playing against you and Raynex made me wayy better against Fox. Keep it up dude.

D'oH : You have one of the best peaches I've played. IMO your placing didn't do you justice. Conservatism does not imply hatred or narrow-mindedness. Pleasure to meet you, sir.

COOL PEOPLE

Twins : You guys are both great. From Diagnose to Bandaids, you were supportive and fun. No, I'm not gay, I'm just happy. Great job on commentary. Look forward to seeing you guys again sometime! <3

DaShizWiz : Sick Falco, as always. You were very different than I expected, but you are still a great guy! Too manly, and that's funny cuz my nickname is ManLi. Let me know when you want to meet up so I can take your money. Hope to see you again! =D

Taj : I see past the M2 and into a very cool guy. You were hilarious and talented. Good job, man.

Hax$ : You actually changed the way I see smash. I've never seen someone so consistent and good at this game. I have never played a Falcon like yours. I'm rooting for you all the way. Great games.

Shoopman : Thanks for the ride, dude. Great to talk to you and meet you! Hope to see you at NoJohns.

Stabbed : I'm sorry I didn't play with you! I'm sure we'll have another opportunity, though. Thanks for your hard work in uploading matches.

Nintendude : I will be around for NoJohns. Maybe we can have our MM then! Take care man.

-------------------

Thanks very much guys. You'll be hearing about Diakonos more in the future, I promise.

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
This tournament was the best tourney I've ever been to! I arrived two weeks before Apex started and I almost got Free housing for two weeks! I just spend $40 for 4 days in a hotel room and that's it. The NY smash community is amazing! I really liked manhattan, so much to see and the city impressed me a lot. I had to adapt to your country a lot since there are so much differences with my own country, but it wasn't too bad in the end. Hanging out in Manhattan together with Apex was one of the best experiences of my life and one I certainly will never forget.

I met so many great people and I'm probably going to forget to leave a shoutout to some. So sorry if I'm not leaving you a shoutout, just tell me and I will ;D

Shoutouts:

Alex Strife You're amazing, arranging housing for us and giving us a tour. The tour was really fun and the Japanese restaurant was great too. I had a fun time overall thanks to you.

Allied Happy Birthday man, you party was fun! Gefeliciteerd ;D

BarDulL Your jokes are so bad that they're funny XD We should've played on Apex, I played way better there. Nice hanging out with you in the back of a van twice.

Big M Nice MK, you outplayed me so you definitely earned that 2-0. I played bad at that moment imo, so I'll get you next time!

Blackanese So sceptical when I do card tricks, but you still fell for it!

Chair You don't really need a shoutout, I'll see you soon at other tourneys.

ChaosMarth Thanks for housing us and showing us manhattan when it was so WARM! You're an amazing guy, thank you for everything! It was really nice hanging out with you. Hope you liked the gifts.

Crismas Nice stickers! You also helped a lot, I felt so bad for you that you still had to go to work even when we got home at like 7-8 in the morning. It was nice hanging out with you on the tour.

Dark Peach: Too bad we couldn't finish our MM, it was a great game.

D1: MY AMERICAN BROTHER! Try not to wake me up at 4 AM jumping into the bed next time XD

DEHF Nice talking to you at like 1 AM and in the back of the van. You're a really nice guy. Too bad we didn't play.

Deven I had such a great time hanging out with you! We'll meet again someday!

Fats You're crazy but fun XD

hippiedude Cool friendlies at the Long Island tourney, was fun hanging out with you. I HAVE A SEXY ACCENT YAYZ

Inui You're short

Jash Awesome toon link, beating Kool-aid and stuff. Wish we could've played when I played better, I just arrived when we played.

John12346 *sits on a chair* you: 'OMG IS THAT NIKENICK!' *we talk for about a minute* *I stand up* 'HOLY **** YOU'RE SO ****ING TALL!' XD Fun to finally see you after knowing you for such a long time. We're 1-1 in MM, I'll get you next time, Johnnumbers!

KiraFlax Nice pittos, you're a cool guy to hang out with. I posted the pic of both of us in the Pit photo thread. Too bad we couldn't make a pit picture like you wanted, would've been great.

Kiwi Nice kirby and MK, the sketch we made on your sketchbook was so funny!

Koolaid Good job getting out of pools, too bad we didn't play.

Ling-Ling We had to play you and Teevee twice in doubles, that was bad seeding imo =/ You guys are a good team, keep it up!

Meep Tripped into you grab -_-

Mikeray4 lmfao when I noticed that you were... you. You're such a great guy! 'Can I climb you?' XD

MintyFlesh We didn't MM =(

Mister E You seemed like a nice guy but you really ****ed up with the van and the japanese.

Nairo Nice MK.

Nexus Nice ROB/TL. We played a lot of epic friendlies, ggs.

Orion You're amazing, I'll see you soon in Holland, I'll introduce you to the Dutch community!

Praxis Patatje Oorlog! Nice friendlies, your peach is awesome. It was also nice hanging out with you when the tourney was over, back of a van ftw.

Punishment Divine It was nice hanging out with you on the Long Island tourney and Apex. You still got that replay of me ****** tempest XD

san Nice friendlies, best Ike I ever played!

SK92 Amazing pool matches, your falco is ****. I'll definitely go to Las Vegas sometime, I'll show you some more card tricks.

Sherise You owe me shrimp fried rice ;o

Shippo It was awesome hanging out with you on the Tour! Also nice playing you in doubles with John#.

Snack Attack Lmao at you, you're really funny!

Snakeee Awesome friendlies at the Long Island tourney, your ZSS is ****, best ZSS I've ever played.

Sphere Sphere's raisin mix the best! GAY ******S FROM OUTER SPACE DUDE DID YOU SEE THAT MOVIE!?!? XD You were with no doubt the most fun guy to hang out with, I'll miss you man!

Starlight I can read your mind, I know your secret! Hahaha it was so fun hanging out with you!

TeeVee Nice Doubles and Singles matches! We had to play three times O_o That pic of me and you is so epic, nice meeting you.

Tempest Hahaha your reaction when I did that card tricks was so funny. Nice friendlies and it was a pleasure hanging out with you. Hope to see you again sometime.

TKO It was fun hanging out with you, you're kind of tall too so hah ;D

The Swedish Nice to have met all of you. Too bad our hotel room was really crowded, but you all were really nice guys to hang out with.

Tiger Pick MK and beat me? =b Haha it was nice playing and meeting you, get ***** by the fish on Summit XD

Toony ggs in pools

The Twins You guys do some amazing card tricks, different from mine but it was amazing to see both of your styles. I really liked the tricks you both did and you guys inspired me to add certain things to my performance. Yeah we'll do tricks together next time, we'll work something out! =D

Vinnie/Zucco Your GaW is ****, it was nice hanging out with you. You won't 3 stock or 0 death me next time! Also, you're better than kaak.

vVv ChiboSempai You just disappeared at Paul's house when we were all asleep, lmao.

Will BEST DK EVER! Your tourney was great, I'm happy that I went.

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
hungrybox you don't gotta chose another character to prove yourself man. despite everyone *****ing she's not really broken at all, just do your thing and keep back-airing and jab resetting to rest. its just like when everyone thought marth was broken

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Alex Strife walked up to me even before I entered the Venue and he made me and KevinM compare height: He then shouted into the mic: 'OH MY GOD NIKENICK IS TALLER THAN KEVINM!'. And then I entered the venue and I was like: 'wtf'.

Coney

Smash Master
hey, guys

i could be wrong and i may be way off but

i'm pretty sure i might have left my wii @ the venue

it was just the box itself, as i still have the cords and everything, i just don't know where the wii itself is at the moment

obviously i'm not mad at anyone, just wondering if anyone here had seen it

i was sure i packed it up, and when i got home and unpacked the cords were in there, but not the wii, leading me to believe i packed it in, and then must've unpacked it for some reason or another

since i stayed with NL, malcolm, sassy, yo and k9, i doubt any of them would take my ****

so if anyone knows its whereabouts, pleeease let me know :<

EDIT - oh, and it has my name, a VGBOOTCAMP logo and a fangamer.com logo on it as well

i mean obviously if somebody has it all of those things are probably stripped, sadly. i'm just asking out of the kindness of anyone's heart out there if they have my stuff, please let me know.

Kole

Smash Lord
Yeah Alex Strife walked up to me even before I entered the Venue and he made me and KevinM compare height: He then shouted into the mic: 'OH MY GOD NIKENICK IS TALLER THAN KEVINM!'. And then I entered the venue and I was like: 'wtf'.
exactly how tall are you? lol

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nah this is my last major tourney for a while - I had to really stretch my resources to afford this. I secondary Doc too actually but I wasn't even close to taking any games off of my pool (Magus, VaNz, Summonedfist (from my region lol)) so didn't really bother with him.
Ah I see, well just let me know when you will be going to one! : D It would be cool to have doc dittos too. : D Ah yeah, Magus and Vanz are pretty good lol. I can't do nothing to Vanz's Pika! xD

Hmmm... I might have been less than half close or something... LOL. Not against tag though... Dx lol.

But yeah back to the drawing board for me.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
looks like I wont be traveling as much as I want to anymore....I dropped my fone runing to my work building in the rain (and it was raining hard as ****) so now none of the buttons work...but the screen and trackball still work...i just cant click it in...FML

Car payment - 400
insurance-230
new fone (which isnt that bad cuz i wanted a droid anyway) is gonna be like 200
bill probably like 80 a month
paying school back - 200 a month
rent - 400

there goes my travel moneny....lol...FML

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Guys, if anybody has or saw Coney's Wii...think of all the work he put in this weekend. You know it's not worth taking a video game system from him.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
My shoutouts will come in a bit but first I gotta say something important. DON'T ****ING GO TO PUBLIC PLACES/EVENTS IF YOU ARE SICK. I don't care if it's Apex or Pound or the colonization of the moon - if you are sick, stay home. I brought home the worst flu I have ever had from this. Seriously before this I hadn't vomited in over 8 years, but I couldn't keep down anything for the last couple days, not even pure water. So whoever gave me this **** - **** you.
This reminds I didn't get sick from a national for once. ****.

Also shoutouts to the melee community. I'd leave my controller lying around for huge blocks of time and it was always there when I came back haha

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
shoutouts to nikenick for being european and just being too ****ing nice and tall

im sorryz i denied you of ur magic tricks, =[

also shoutouts to coney, seriously guys dont be asswhips, this man lost his voice day 3 and pain and suffering, give it back like a champ, coney is just too nice to be get mad at someone real talk

a nub

Smash Ace
Speaking of all the spacies, I fought way more falco in friendlies than I expected but in pools I fought:

marth
marth
marth
sheik
sheik/pichu (lol unknown)

lolwut

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
I feel you avarice. thats why i bring that handsanitizer and what not. i almost died from the flu after pound..no joke either.

Coney

Smash Master
yeah if anyone has any idea who or what has it, please shoot me a text, i'd really appreciate it

my # is 443 517 3932

i don't judge, i just want it back, i'm kinda in the hole for money right now as it is so an extra $200 for a system would kinda stink @ this point

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah sorry bro, I haven't seen a wii at all. I actually kinda left my cube and it was still there too. Hope you find it bro.

Nah, I didn't get sick. I mean, I already had my turn of getting sick from LOTS OF PPL WTF. So bad. So bad... and in a tough situation too. : [

This reminds I didn't get sick from a national for once. ****.

Also shoutouts to the melee community. I'd leave my controller lying around for huge blocks of time and it was always there when I came back haha
Yeah, but then you leave a controller with FRIENDS in a frickin college lounge. GONE. lol.

Max Ketchum

I really can't imagine anyone with a soul taking something from Coney.

Coney, are there any distinctions on or in the Wii? Specific channels/Virtual Console games installed?

Coney

Smash Master
yeah actually

first page is just the disc channel, homebrew, mii channel, all that stuff

next page is the bit.trip series...beat, core, runner, in that order. i doubt anyone but me would have something as dorky as that, lol

that's about it though, to be honest

i know i have the little face thing (the little door that covers up the sync button and SD card) so it wouldn't be on there, and there are some minor scuffmarks on top...not like, scratches, just little scuffs like there'd be on a basketball court or something

like i said, i'm not entirely sure somebody took it lol, i'm just sure i went to go pack it up and i might have just put it back on the table to repack and left it

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I'm gettin sick also....**** YOU DIRTY *** BRAWLERS

***** really need to learn to take a shower though...I never get that "whats that ****ing smell" feeling around melee players

Max Ketchum

Well fortunately, I know I don't have it.

LOL @ how emo I look in those pictures

and yeah my phone number is really at the bottom

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration

***** really need to learn to take a shower though...I never get that "whats that ****ing smell" feeling around melee players
biased again! I had those `smells` sometimes too when I went over there. I didnt get sick so idk what the **** you guys do when you go to the toilet I went there all the time lmao.

With that thing doom, you're never getting it back if it gets taken

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

LOL. I shower everyday. : D I love being squeaky clean, and SMELLING FRESH TOO. Most important part.

My friend was like "I'd be worried if the first comment I heard was 'YOU SMELL GREAT'" lol.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Thats not biased at all...I am a brawler...I like both communities...one community (Melee) is generally more cleanly then the other (Brawl)

you ever been to a viridian city?...The manager sprays febreze hardbody like every 30 minutes...brawl tournament...

not saying there isnt any stinky melee players but there is significantly less of them

trumptight

Smash Journeyman
Thats not biased at all...I am a brawler...I like both communities...one community (Melee) is generally more cleanly then the other (Brawl)

you ever been to a viridian city?...The manager sprays febreze hardbody like every 30 minutes...brawl tournament...

not saying there isnt any stinky melee players but there is significantly less of them
Not in Fl. We smell delicious.......LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom