• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 2010-2011 Super Smash Bros. Melee MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
puff is top tier for the time being, just like how marth and sheik were top tier a few years ago.

just wait for the metagame to learn how to fight puff. jesus.

this tier list means nothing
yea man, what this guy said!

Puff is just a new thing that people haven't figured out because it's so new! It's not like Puff players have been dominating for years now, it's brand spanking new! METAGAME, man, METAGAME!

Puff for mid tier!

Niko45

Smash Master

Puff is just a new thing that people haven't figured out because it's so new! It's not like Puff players have been dominating for years now, it's brand spanking new! METAGAME, man, METAGAME!

Puff for mid tier!
lol *****.

Stevo

Smash Champion
bable bable
noobie noobie
whining whining
I.C.G.
and don't forget my Pichu
blah blah blah
you got your jiggly bair'ing, resting, pwning
stick your stupid low tier in
everybody post
ARE YOU MOTHER****ERS READY
FOR THE NEW LIST
SPAM UP AND ADMIT, YOU'LL NEVER WIN A TOURNEY
THIS IS THE TIER LIST,
SPAM UP AND ADMIT
Do we need it? NO!
Do we want it? YEAH!
This is the new list
Spam up and admit.

SDC

Smash Lord
Yay new tier list....and omg look at this, I love how I called puff being top tier years ago, and nobody listened. "No you're a ****ing idiot SDC, puff isn't that good, blablblabla"

Vindication is soooo sweet. =P

Jonas

Smash Champion
Why do people keep saying "people"? There is like two people who do REALLY well with Puff at huge tourneys. When somebody says "people" just haven't figured out how to beat Puff yet, they basically mean to say that that "people" don't know how to beat two of the very best players.

I mean look at the Apex 2010 and Pound 4 brackets. Exactly how many top Puff players are in them?

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
should yoshi really be that low? im wondering if you guys simply haven't had an equivalent to fumi or svampen.
not really arguing, just putting it out there
vectorman alone is better than fumi ever was, japan just had a scrubby community at the time (and basically now still), if you put fumi in a usa tourny it wouldn't be pretty.

though i won't disagree that yoshi is extremely underrated and has a lot of technical ability. I gurantee yoshi should be higher but whatevs.

john!

Smash Hero
so the list is pretty much like most of us expected, although i don't know why kk gets all the credit.

looks like zelda is above mewtwo! finally that debate is settled, i hope.

the biggest surprise (to me) was pichu 4th to last LOL...

so mario and pikachu are legal in low tier tournaments now?

Merkuri

Smash Lord
There aren't enough midwesterns in the mbr I guess. I never imagined Zelda would actually go down a spot in the tier list, lol.

Pi

Smash Hero

Puff for mid tier!
lol *****.
what? how about...
how he quoted BBQ and not mango, even though they've been saying the same thing?

the fact that even though puff has been prevalent for a year or two now, so was every other dominant character/player before eventually people surpassed that wall?

your blatant ignorance & homosexual desires for mogwai being so prevalent in your post that it's disturbing

how can you even say ***** to such a post, jiggs is not broken, least of all the way Hbox/mango play her.

not to mention the fact that the tier list is being based heavily off of tourney results, which makes the thesis of mogwai's post completely irrelevant.

BunBun

Smash Master
so the list is pretty much like most of us expected, although i don't know why kk gets all the credit.

looks like zelda is above mewtwo! finally that debate is settled, i hope.

the biggest surprise (to me) was pichu 4th to last LOL...

so mario and pikachu are legal in low tier tournaments now?
the
char1/char2

means they're equal.

The entire negligible tier is equal to itself in terms of this tier list.

Niko45

Smash Master
what? how about...
how he quoted BBQ and not mango, even though they've been saying the same thing?

the fact that even though puff has been prevalent for a year or two now, so was every other dominant character/player before eventually people surpassed that wall?

your blatant ignorance & homosexual desires for mogwai being so prevalent in your post that it's disturbing

how can you even say ***** to such a post, jiggs is not broken, least of all the way Hbox/mango play her.

not to mention the fact that the tier list is being based heavily off of tourney results, which makes the thesis of mogwai's post completely irrelevant.
The ****? Who said puff was broken you dumb****. Mind boggling how you could get that excited over a 2 word post. Is somebody having a bad day? Please stfu.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
what? how about...

what does mango have to do with anything?

here's Mogwai's sarcastic point in plain English:

STOP SAYING THAT JIGGS SHOULDN'T BE TOP TIER BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL LEARN TO BEAT HER. IT'S BEEN MORE THAN TWO YEARS SINCE POUND 3 AND I CAN COUNT THE NUMBER OF NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENTS IN THE USA NOT WON BY MANGO OR HUNGRYBOX DURING THIS TIME FRAME USING THIN ****ING AIR BECAUSE THERE ISN'T EVEN ONE.

I don't care if there are problems with the character that will eventually be solved. It's been long enough that the theorycraft doesn't matter. You've had time to "solve" the Jigglypuff problem, Melee Community, yet she still wins everything. Cut us a ****ing break and stop talking about dying off the top wicked easy and having no approach and start explaining to me why no one can turn that into wins vs. Jiggs at big tournaments. And you know what, don't even bother because I don't care, fact is she wins, she's been doing it forever, she's top tier, end of story.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
We need a time machine for this one. Let's bring our hero back from like 5 or so years ago.
Who'd that be?

some sheiks (namely two) should come out of retirement...and show people the basics... on how to beat jigglypuff.
Who'd they be? Seriously, I'm curious of who you guys are thinking.

OMG marth is def not the best neither is sheik id love for you to use marth vs me oh wait u did i 4 stokced you in the ditto <_<

MARTH SUCKS CANT KILL ANYTHING UNLESS ITS A GIMP OR THEY DI INTO YOU
^I feel the same way. Unless you're trolling. LOL

JPOBS

Smash Hero
mango has beaten hbox with quite a variety of chars, including mario lololololololol

puff isnt that good.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
mango has beaten hbox with quite a variety of chars, including mario lololololololol

puff isnt that good.
Because clearly the best player in the world (best when he gives a **** and doesn't get 8-stocked by alcohol) beating HBOX.
It's obviously not that Mango outplays HBOX in those situations. It's clearly true that Puff is bad because Mango can beat HBOX.

Obv.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
how can someone be broken when someone can beat them with many charcters? also some of that needs to be sorted out yoshi isn't as bad ness or anyone esle in that tier he shouldn't be equal to them.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Because clearly the best player in the world (best when he gives a **** and doesn't get 8-stocked by alcohol) beating HBOX.
It's obviously not that Mango outplays HBOX in those situations. It's clearly true that Puff is bad because Mango can beat HBOX.

Obv.
Because clearly the second best player in the world (behind mango) beating everyone not named mango. Its obviously not that Hbox outplays everyone in those situations. Its clearly true that Puff is good because Hbox can beat Non-mango.

Obv.

n1000

Smash Journeyman
Mods should take this opportunity to ban anyone who follows completely unsubstantiated claims with unfunny insults. Why not ban everyone who writes with godawful grammar too?

(I know you want to)

Pi

Smash Hero
The ****? Who said puff was broken you dumb****. Mind boggling how you could get that excited over a 2 word post. Is somebody having a bad day? Please stfu.
right because the only post i was responding too was yours.

STOP SAYING THAT JIGGS SHOULDN'T BE TOP TIER BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL LEARN TO BEAT HER. IT'S BEEN MORE THAN TWO YEARS SINCE POUND 3 AND I CAN COUNT THE NUMBER OF NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENTS IN THE USA NOT WON BY MANGO OR HUNGRYBOX DURING THIS TIME FRAME USING THIN ****ING AIR BECAUSE THERE ISN'T EVEN ONE.

I don't care if there are problems with the character that will eventually be solved. It's been long enough that the theorycraft doesn't matter. You've had time to "solve" the Jigglypuff problem, Melee Community, yet she still wins everything. Cut us a ****ing break and stop talking about dying off the top wicked easy and having no approach and start explaining to me why no one can turn that into wins vs. Jiggs at big tournaments. And you know what, don't even bother because I don't care, fact is she wins, she's been doing it forever, she's top tier, end of story.
are you dumb? mango has been saying the exact same thing BBQ said when you quoted and responded to him.

let's roll it back to when marth was top tier, look where he's at now. Granted where we are at now is a more informed and higher developed state of the metagame, and i don't think jiggs will ever sink to the level marth has now, but regardless metagame can change, and will change.

and i like how you say only nationals, as if they are the only thing that matters. what about the regionals, and locals, that hbox has lost?

you act as if he's been 4 stocking everyone who's come accross him, he's lost matches and sets since he's become recognizable as a top contender in the world.
what if he had met col bol, or pp, or mango in bracket at one of those nationals?
not every situation has been played out, and not saying hbox isn't a good player, and that his brackets haven't been hard, but the fact still remains that there are situations that have yet to happen.

yet she still wins everything.
hbox, and mango win.

'doing it forever' 'top tier'

'dying off the top wicked easy and having no approach'

lmao

i'd also like to point out yet again that the TIER LIST IS BASED HEAVILY OFF OF TOURNAMENT PLACINGS/RESULTS

is thr even a point to these anymore, melees metage is so advanced that any tier list would seem pointless?

in short, no, there is no point, i wouldn't be surprised if the MBR is trolling the community with this, accurate as it may be, it serves no purpose other than to;
1. troll 6317 up, 378 down

buy troll mugs, tshirts and magnets
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero

Quoted because this post is sexy.

Eggm

Smash Hero
If its based so much off tournament results fox should be in his own tier under falco/puff and above marth/sheik IMO.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
why the **** do I waste my time arguing with you..?

are you dumb? mango has been saying the exact same thing BBQ said when you quoted and responded to him.
Yes I'm dumb. I don't care what Mango has to say at all. I'm pointing out that BBQ's stance is stupid. Mango agrees with his stance you say? Good for Mango, I don't give a ****. It's a stupid stance.

let's roll it back to when marth was top tier, look where he's at now. Granted where we are at now is a more informed and higher developed state of the metagame, and i don't think jiggs will ever sink to the level marth has now, but regardless metagame can change, and will change.
fine, we're back in 2006. MARTH WAS TOP TIER IN 2006. Ken wins everything and a good deal of what he doesn't win, Azen wins with Marth. It was a different game back then. Just because we've since moved past Marth being top tier doesn't mean that it was stupid for the tier lists of the past to have Marth in the top tier. What's wrong with a tier list being a product of it's time and who's winning during that particular time period? Again, I don't care about anything else, if a character wins every national/internation over the course of two years, they're top tier. I don't care if it's Mango ******* around and beating everyone with Yoshi, if he can do it for let's say... I dunno, a year, and he wins every tournament playing Yoshi, then I don't give a **** what conventional wisdom says, Yoshi needs to be top tier.

and i like how you say only nationals, as if they are the only thing that matters. what about the regionals, and locals, that hbox has lost?
they are the only thing that matters. We're talking about the state of the game right now. All that really matters is the highest level of competition, which is only seen at the national and international level. Great, so some guys who play HBox all the time and have figured his **** out, fan-****ing-tastic, good for them. It doesn't change the fact that the scene as a whole still can't beat him. When Mango doesn't win, HBox does and there's only so long this can happen before we have to stop attributing lucky brackets for it and accept that both HBox and the character he plays are quite good.

you act as if he's been 4 stocking everyone who's come accross him,
how so? seriously, how so? I've made 1 simple point. A character cannot win every large scale tournament over a span of over 2 years and not be top tier. How the **** does this equate to thinking she's broken and 4 stocks everyone? I just don't see how it's a tenable position to say that Jiggs isn't top tier with the tournament data we have right now.

he's lost matches and sets since he's become recognizable as a top contender in the world.
so what? Jiggs still wins every large tournament. That's the only point I'm making.

what if he had met col bol, or pp, or mango in bracket at one of those nationals?
If he ran into Mango, he'd lose, rip through losers and then lose in grand finals to mango again. The other guys get knocked out by players who then lose to HBox, but it still doesn't really matter because a Mango who's playing on point just beats everyone.

not every situation has been played out, and not saying hbox isn't a good player, and that his brackets haven't been hard, but the fact still remains that there are situations that have yet to happen.
ok, great. What has happened all points to Jiggs being top tier. AGAIN, NOT BROKEN, STOP TWISTING MY WORDS.

hbox, and mango win.
yes they do, that's my point. glad we can agree.

'doing it forever' 'top tier'
"herp" "derpdeherpdederp"

'dying off the top wicked easy and having no approach'
simplistic examples of theorcrafting **** that I don't care about because of the tournament evidence at hand.

:laugh:

i'd also like to point out yet again that the TIER LIST IS BASED HEAVILY OFF OF TOURNAMENT PLACINGS/RESULTS
exactly. what of it? do you object to this? why? what else do we have to go on?

Doc King

Smash Lord
Thank God that Roy and G&W aren't in Garbage Tier! :)

This list looks kindof eh...

Doc should be higher than Ganon and Sheik should be in Top Tier, but otherwise, it's decent (at least).

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
this is fantastic! looks really good.

i love how pichu isn't last as well <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom