• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offical Pit Match Up Thread: Looking for Assistance!

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
The hell are Pit's bonuses on Brinstar?

I hate being taken there. I can't arrow people while recovering because of the weird things on the sides, and there's no room for arrows. It's also just generally hard to move around, and our recovery doesn't count for much because people hit the acid half the time anyways.

Also, I'm terrified of Falco on Japes, and I love Japes.

Any one else, Pew Pew Pew until the close in, go under platform-> Uair, get back on platform, pew pew pew.

Coffee™

I need it....
The hell are Pit's bonuses on Brinstar?

I hate being taken there. I can't arrow people while recovering because of the weird things on the sides, and there's no room for arrows. It's also just generally hard to move around, and our recovery doesn't count for much because people hit the acid half the time anyways.
Camp under the stage.

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
i think pit vs TL is 55:45 TL favor..........dont believe play soup lol...
this was a bit random to the conversation at the moment

I think brinstar is a good pit stage with the pass through main platform he can camp under the ledge. Edge guarding with arrows is harder but you just have to be more risky and aggressive to get the kill.

Japes is horrible against falco especially with the side b spike to possible klap. His lasers are way better here than final destination or brinstar.

Hey, I'm getting really confused, I don't get the Snake match up... It says there in the Snake boards that it's Snake's favor but in the pit boards it's Pit's favor. Can someone verify who really WINS in this match up?

LaIotun

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm getting really confused, I don't get the Snake match up... It says there in the Snake boards that it's Snake's favor but in the pit boards it's Pit's favor. Can someone verify who really WINS in this match up?
I think it's even >_>

Darth Destro

Smash Cadet
Hello, Pit Brawlers! I have recently started a thread about different pairings for Toon Link in Team Brawls, and I would greatly appreciate some input on a TL + Pit match. You can find the thread here. Any info would be tremendously helpful.

LaIotun

Smash Apprentice
Hello, Pit Brawlers! I have recently started a thread about different pairings for Toon Link in Team Brawls, and I would greatly appreciate some input on a TL + Pit match. You can find the thread here. Any info would be tremendously helpful.
Pit + TL seems like a horrible team, none of them can kill

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
TL does slightly better kills, but Pit is the superior gimper.

Both have projectiles, a good defensive team somewhat. The 2 just have to work together, one capable of shooting projectiles while the other pursues, or both can try being defensive. It really depends to me.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I really do apologize for all of the wait. I haven't been able to gather much info on the higher tier chars, which are more important. Plus I am waiting for the current ppl that have been selected to provide summaries for me on particular matchups for Pit.

As for Marth, I can't trust the Marth mains since almost all would be biased somewhat, known that back last year when they were discussing Pit.
However, I hope that Pitzer (Currently Maverick Pit on AIB) will provide a summary since he Mains both Pit and Marth.

Once ppl actually finish their summaries, I can try to add some more characters, including Falco and probably D3 (For higher tier section).

Afropony

Smash Lord
If you make the thread now then we can all talk about about it and get a bit of discussion going, we don't need to wait for a big summary that covers everything. We can wait for that at the end.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
A Marth thread was added upon request. Also, due to real life and all, I won't be able to do as much supporting as I used to, gonna learn to drive soon and all. So if I do seem to go away, I would hope another Pit can take my place to help with the matchups.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I hope it is okay. Remember last year the Marth boards were biased when their boards were discussing Pit. I don't want thing again, but hopefully they changed. *Doubts it*

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
Well, let's not hold grudges :) or they'll never come.

If anyone has experience with Marth, share it please :)
It's the only Matchup Thread we've had in a while, and I'm sad that it's gone to a bad start.
Especially since a lot of Pit's requested it, myself included.

'Kicks'

Smash Cadet
i noticed some things that i really dont agree with in the stage counterpicking part of this thread. Should i post that here or in the stage thread? I would normally just post in the stage thread but i saw it here first so i was just wondering

'Kicks'

Smash Cadet
I think this needs to be looked at again. I feel like we should complete the rest of the matchups. Consult with other boards so we can get accurate frame data on them and so we can get their current counterpicks and bans since the meta game is always evolving. I see a lot of matchups that are not done that would be nice to see finished

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
As much as I wanted all of them finished, and considering how busy I have been with other stuff, RL included, I trusted that other ppl would at least progress during my absence, but it seemed like that no one was also willing to help, let alone that not even the current matchups that I had provided months ago were even as little as touched for quite a while.
I am aware that soon I will have even less time to be around here, and that's where others may have to take my place, not like no one would maintain the spot for long anyways, for if it aint the activity that's gonna damage us, it'll mostly be the conflict between biased stuff that will.

Thankfully, I had a backup plan for this... sort of, but I really shouldn't bring it here.

'Kicks'

Smash Cadet
admiral pm it your idea to me just because I am curious

I am new to the site and am in no position to take over. I mean it is hard with barely any pit representation to get all this done but we could at least get more chunks of it done

Coffee™

I need it....
I'm unstickying this. This thread isn't updated regularly and overall it would be better if someone started this over fresh.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ain't that obvious.... We need to be updated as it is, so we have to restart the whole matchup thing... AGAIN... as if we ever came close to finishing before...
Where I won't have much time to fully contribute, if I have to make a new one so others can get started, then that's what I'll do. Should a new one be made, we need to choose a char that we probably know bout, or use one of the semi-old matchup threads I made a few months ago, probably like that Bowser or DK one, wherever they are, unless we do have to start all over to keep discussions fresh. Your choice. Once it's been cleared, I want thoughts on our first character to actually discuss.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Apparently Pit and Mario are an even match up because of versatile options of offense and defense. I would think that it makes sense because of Mario's options, but I don't really know. I haven't run into too many Mario's here (POPS picked him up a little and wrecked me, though.) Granted, the Mario board hasn't seen too many Pit players, either, so I don't know how exactly it works out.

Coffee™

I need it....
Pit vs Mario is easily Pit's favor but whatever. Someone needs to actually make a new one of these.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Someone else can make the Mario one, for I don't know much about em, let alone I rarely see one of em. I actually don't know any RECENT somewhat good Marios atm...
A new official matchup thread may need to be made, or I gotta find my old one from a few months ago.

'Kicks'

Smash Cadet
Ok how about this for putting a system in place to restart this. How about starting from the bottom of the tier list and working our way up. We would inform the opposing character boards so they can come contribute information from their side of the MU.

but i think in order to restart the thread we need more info. Like a more thoroughly discussed meta-game, accurate frame data for pit and whomever we are reviewing and a test of situations against the opposing character such as chain grab limits, dair combo limits, outranging attacks super armor frames and all of that.

I would love to help someone start this over again and get others to contriubute. However I am not on here enough to run the whole thing so I would function more as an assistant but I would be more than happy to help

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So should I be closing this thread then? There are both just links to the match up threads themselfs so there isn't so much of a difference that I know what one will be more updated/have more info.

Top Bottom