• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Odd things about you?

M.K

Level 55
I own about 20 pairs of pajama pants. It is the most of any "kind" of clothing that I own.
I love to wear them, I could not be comfier than in a T-Shirt and a pair of my pajama pants.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
I forgot to mention I haven't worn jeans since I was a toddler (I hate the feel). Also, if I get a soda from a fountain, I have to refill it from the same dispenser, even if there are multiple.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm a Disney fanatic.... I know pretty much every Disney song by heart, so whenever someone says something, chances are I'm connecting it to the lyrics of a Disney song in my head.

When I turn on/off a light, I have to make sure the switch is completely up or completely down. Or if it's a lamp with the clicky knob, I have to make sure the very next click will turn the light on or off.

I have a mild obsession with home decor. If it's between a game I really want and a really pretty decorative piece for my apartment, I honestly feel torn even if I know I'll never take the latter out of the box. I just like collecting pretty things. :ohwell:

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
When I turn on/off a light, I have to make sure the switch is completely up or completely down. Or if it's a lamp with the clicky knob, I have to make sure the very next click will turn the light on or off.
I'm the opposite. If I am leaving a room, or shutting off a light, I sometimes try and get it in the middle. It makes this awful buzzing noise, and I am sure that it is bad for the light, but I just want it to someday turn on by itself. Eventually.

There are exceptions, I mean, if we are in a hurry I am not going to bother.

PCHU

Smash Lord
At my church, there is a stool.
I ALWAYS have to be sitting in the stool when we go to our classes.
I've sat there ever since the beginning, and have seriously pulled the chair out from under others who were sitting in it.

Also, I'm always the first one in a room.
I hate being second in pretty much everything I do in life.
It's like if it's not first, I've failed.
But yeah, I'm weird.
Anyways, I go into the room, and sit on the stool.
But it's not the fact that I go in there super early and sit for about 15 minutes thinking to myself about various stuff, with video game songs going through my head, but it's how I sit.
I squat down on the top ofthe stool, and put my arms between my knees.
I dunno, I draw a lot of animals like that, so I figure that I should try that.
It's actually pretty fun, but it begins to hurt after awhile.

But that's another thing.
I like gradual pain.
Especially when I purposely do something that aches myself after awhile.
Like that sitting position, I love sitting for as long as I'm able (I get up when the food arrives, I'm not fat at all but I've got an unrealistic appetite).
I then get up and stretch.

AND ANOTHER THING.
When I stretch, sometimes everything goes dark.
I got up from the stool after awhile and stretched, but I was standing on the stool when I lost my sight temporarily.
I couldn't see AT ALL, and I was steadily loosing my balance.
The stool is a bit high, so if I fell, I knew it would hurt (but then again, I'm pain-resistant).
I just stood on top of the stool for about 10 seconds, totally blind.
It was such a weird feeling to not be able to see when my eyes are open.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I this too...or a little anwyays xP

If the switch doesnt go up or down all the way ill just stand there and flick it again, and again untill it is :o

Red Exodus

Smash Master
AND ANOTHER THING.
When I stretch, sometimes everything goes dark.
I got up from the stool after awhile and stretched, but I was standing on the stool when I lost my sight temporarily.
I couldn't see AT ALL, and I was steadily loosing my balance.
The stool is a bit high, so if I fell, I knew it would hurt (but then again, I'm pain-resistant).
I just stood on top of the stool for about 10 seconds, totally blind.
It was such a weird feeling to not be able to see when my eyes are open.
There was a thread about that, I can't remember what they called it, but it has something to do with blood circulation.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm the opposite. If I am leaving a room, or shutting off a light, I sometimes try and get it in the middle. It makes this awful buzzing noise, and I am sure that it is bad for the light, but I just want it to someday turn on by itself. Eventually.

There are exceptions, I mean, if we are in a hurry I am not going to bother.
I this too...or a little anwyays xP

If the switch doesnt go up or down all the way ill just stand there and flick it again, and again untill it is :o
Oh good, I'm not the only one who does it (or something like it)! That makes me feel like it's a little less odd.

Or that it's still pretty odd, but there are more odd people in the world. Either way, it's comforting. :laugh:

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
wow... now i wanna try mixing coke and pepsi together now.
thank you genius thread.

Mario27

Smash Lord
- I have a birthmark on my tongue
- I collect Monopoly game boards
- Everything in my iTunes is perfectly capitalized, numbered, and has the album artwork. That's for around 8,000 songs
- I almost got a metal dance pad for my house to play DDR
- I never learned how to ride a bike

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Wow, without a bike I would have had to walk every where for like 10 years O_O

i wouldnt do it xP
well i've been walking everywhere for a good long while now.
(my car was stolen twice this year)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I've got just about the most expansive musical tastes of anyone, ever. Basically my musical interests go from Plainchant to expressionism, and everything in between (including doom metal, rap, Jpop, country, and more other genres then I care to name, but if it exists, I probably have at least one song in it I like). Even though I can appreciate any genre imaginable, I'm very picky about individual songs.

I generally eat with a spoon and fork (if I can't get away with using my hands).

I'm EXTREMELY athletic, primarily a martial artist, but also a dancer (variety of hip-hop styles, a couple of ballroom styles, several cultural styles, and line dancing... yeah, similar to my music tastes), I do parcour, I run, and do some weight-lifting and swimming when I have time.

I'm obsessed with law, I read Brown V. Board of Ed. when I was like 10 years old. To debate a point of law no less.

I can hear the sound a TV makes while it's on, even witht he volume at 0. It's a high-pitched, buzzing sound. Anyone else do that?
Same here, can hear it above volume 0 actually, my hearing is pretty sensitive. I'm best at hearing footsteps from incredible ranges, even when very soft.

I really should play Guilty Gear. Weeaboos and ******** love it. I'm both and I play Marvel. MARVEL.
Let me guess, Bridget?

Everybody's gay for bridget.

Don't play guilty gear, but I know of it.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I sought outside opinions on this and apparently this female friend of mine says that I'm odd because I'm Kenny.

So fellas, I suffer from a severe case of Kenny...

And I make her "lose connections to what she's doing" apparently.

Also, this space contains more *** than it may appear.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I gag whenever I do certain things I don't wanna do too much.
I.E If I put on a song I don't really wanna listen to I might gag. If someone else puts it on I won't though, it's weird.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Hmm,
I can rotate my tounge 360 degrees,
I can dislocate both of my thumbs,
I cant sleep for more than 4 hours a night,
Im afraid of every insect apart from ants, and i love ants
my favourite colour is yellow, and im a guy
I hate my brawl mains (olimar and pit)

Fhqwhgads101

Smash Rookie
Holy crap, does everyone here have OCD or something?

Um, I have a form of schizoid (like schizophrenia, except you have a firm grip on reality), so you can attribute any introvertive , narcissistic, low sexual drive, and compliant yet cynical attitudes and traits to my personality disorder. :)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Holy crap, does everyone here have OCD or something?

Um, I have a form of schizoid (like schizophrenia, except you have a firm grip on reality), so you can attribute any introvertive , narcissistic, low sexual drive, and compliant yet cynical attitudes and traits to my personality disorder. :)
Hey!

I don't have OCD I just don't understand the attraction of using just a fork, it's so much more efficient to eat with spoon and fork/hands.

The other things are just my interests, I just happen to have a lot of them.

I do have ADD however.

Fhqwhgads101

Smash Rookie
I do have ADD however.
I have the near opposite of ADD. Whereas most people get bored easily, I can be entertained by the most menial and cumbersome tasks. Imagine the kind of person who stays completely attentive watching 2001: A Space Odyssey. That's me.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Imagine the kind of person who stays completely attentive watching 2001: A Space Odyssey. That's me.
I don't know what you're talking about, I loved it. Haven't watched it in forever, but I learned to channel my ADD into reading into implications so I'm very good at understanding very dense or unconventional material.

Speaking of which, most of my oddities probably are at least partially due to my ADD. Crazy range of interests, eating habits based on efficiency, etc.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
So true. We have all joined a community dedicated to a series of games. Thus, nerds.

I have this thing where if I read a random word somewhere, I tend to immediately read it backwards after I finish reading it forwards. I think it comes from my discovery of palindromes at a young age.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Wow at some of the things I read. I don't remember if I posted in this thread or not, so here:

- My left eyebrow is shorter then the right.
- I have thee longest bithmark on Earth.
- One of my ribs are shaped wrong, and I have to grow in order for nature to take its course and it to regulate.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
longest birthmark?
giggidy. you should talk with guiness world records of that

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
I believe we're actually geeks, not nerds.

And...I have a different song stuck in my head when I wake up every morning? I dunno.

My friend calls me a human jukebox, though. :)

Ryan Ludovic

Smash Journeyman
I can hear the sound a TV makes while it's on, even witht he volume at 0. It's a high-pitched, buzzing sound. Anyone else do that?

I find Brawl more enjoyable than Melee.

Yes and Yes. I guess this makes me weird also.

I'll listen to a full CD of feedback and white noise fuzz because someone labeled it music, and tell me it is artistic.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Among other things, I can't feel remorse nor empathy for others.
Omg a sociopath! <3
You do realise that's a sign of Dissocial Personality Disorder?
It's so hard to care for other people these days it's true...

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
A "Normal things about you?" thread should be made so I wouldn't have anything to say. Everything about me is odd.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
why would you want a thread you can't post in?

that sure is an ODD way to make your point. lol

Top Bottom