• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OC#9: Springfield, OH - Nope's Monthly "Lain's Lallapalooza" (Nov. 7th)

Suyon

Smash Lord
Your samus is *** while my pit is one too. Yeah M2K rode with us. We had a fun time watching Canaan and pointing out ******** stuff.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
thanks
but your link >>> my samus
and your pit is sweet though (i last seen you play at SB4) thats what i thought at least

edit* also...vids???

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
1: M2K- Nice seeing you again
2: Blue Rogue - Good Job, you are really Good...you'll probably end up being Number 1 On the PR....

3: YBM- They NEVER SPELL YOUR NAME CORRECTLY.... *Sigh*... It's Y.b.M. (3 Letters 3 Dots)

4: OS- You Lied:ohwell:

5: Infern- I believed in you to bring it back and you did...Good stuff..Best Snake in The Midwest

5: Djiskascribble- It seems you are improving...Impressive....Fun pool matches

7: Capem- how them neutrals taste....My brotha from anotha motha....Get at me pimp

7: Quivo- Get 3 stocked son...haha, And We can make it official once again, if you're sure...no pressure involved, you know we love you... no homo

9: Wakka- You placed pretty well... But I had fun just seeing a pal. Keep us updated on the parties...

9: Lou- I have faith in us... We really can do it...Not bad though...

9: Hilt- nice seeing you again. thanks for pickin on me when I was under the influence....hehehe

9: Kel- Don't be getting 9th... We don't do that.... Step it son...

13: Fizzle- Nice seeing you again pimp...haha No homo

13: Champ- I hope you feel better... It's not the same celebrating without you with that Killa

13: Katakiri- You're a good player. Come to more tournaments, you'll surprise a lot of people....

13: Smash64- WTF!? You should have placed higher.... Well, at least you won the Low tier Tournament

17: Mr. 9- GET SOME!!!

17: Mr. E- GET SOME!!!

17: Fonz- You have a really good Lucario...and your getting better keep it up...Haha Don't be hating...

17: Kassandra- Nice placing, Keep it up Ms. Wolfe

17: Xisin- Dang, looks like Hilt has your #1 Spot... But we all know you are a good player and players are always improving

17: Warfi- You Finally came!!! (No Homo) Glad to see you again man.... Come around more, it makes Springfield feel whole...

17: Cr4sh- Keep them up B's poppin pimpin... Nice seeing you again...

17: Mister Eric- Beep Beep homey... Nice kickin it with you....

25: Moose- GET SOME!!!

25: Adamated- GET SOME!!!

25: Dr. X- You got KICKED IN YO CHEST!!! Haha things are always more enjoyable with you around...don't be a stranger

25: tyr- Stop sandbagging in tournaments... We know you wasn't feeling it but we still had a blast afterward.. and you got 2nd in the Low tier Tournament...It's goin down Next week....

25: SneakyTako- WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LEAVE CINCY!!? WHY!!!? Nice seeing you again pimp... Hopefully we can see you next week in Michigan

25: Suyon- You have a nice Pit keep it up...

25: Mayling- GET SOME!!! haha you almost beat me...haha...you are really good but don't CP Samus stages, they are all good for her...

25: Jnkolm- GET SOME!!!
33: Today- I want some dam Jelly Beans....

33: RipN- You are to fun.... haha When is rent due again?

33: Fromundaman- Nice seeing you again. Glad you finally made it to a tournament... And get a phone Dang it....

33: Ban Hammer- I think I know you but I'm not to sure so I'll just say...GET SOME!!!

33: Metaflair- WOOO...hold up!? you were a little quiet at this tournament....But I'm still glad you came out....

33: ShyGuy- Stop being Shy guy....hehe thanks for coming out...

33: Jiffyboob- YOU SUCK!!! I MEAN BLOW!!!:psycho:

I played Link in the Low Tier Tournament....and one time with Mario (Big mistake)... For some reason I couldn't play kirby but Oh well..I see how it is...

Ummm... Nope is a thief...He steals peoples food....and he adds insult to injury by Dippin it in the victims sauce.

~~(and just add to what Fonz said)~~

I know that I try to clean up after myself as much as I can at tournaments. Most people who attend this tournament are young adults. I'm sure you all know how to clean up after yourselves. Don't mistreat peoples hospitality by just leaving things anywhere. I know being over there makes you feel comfortable....but at the end of the tournament...you aren't the ones living there. I'm pretty sure you all will be steamed if your place ended up looking like Jumanji after every tournament.... So Just be more respectful to the guys housing you. Those are my Bros, and I will Kick anyone in their chest for disrespecting them...GOD KAIS!!!

Mr. 9

Smash Cadet
1: M2K: Never will I forget "Like when He-Man yells 'Thundercats Hooooo!'." xD Good stuff on first of course.

2: Blue Rogue: Wish I had watched more of your games. Could have used watching a good Wario.

3: YBM: Fun pools matches, and nice ZSS for what is to the best of my knowledge your first time playing her in tournament. Just remember for future reference that Kirby is not (as of this post) low tier. :laugh:

4: OS: You finally know my name!!! =D Also watching your pools matches was hilarious.

5: Infern- Maybe I'll take you up on the $5 mm one day, just not yet. lol Good stuff on 5th.

5: Djiskascribble -
17: Mr. 9 - didnt play
Did toooooo! You didn't remember me when I went with you all to Wendy's either! lol Good games in pools, and nice Meta.

7: Capem - Didn't play you, but it looks like you were on your usual game. :)

7: Quivo - We eventually got YbM to pick Link. x_x Good stuff on 7th, and great match against Xisin.

9: Wakka - You flipped into my diver's helmet at Athens, and almost into the d-smash at Nope's haha. Good games, and good stuff on 9th.

9: Lou - This would have meant GW dittos, so I'm fine with having not played you. lol Though I wouldn't mind some tips one day. Also nice 9's on OS. :D

9: Hilt - Good trip, and thanks for the encouragement.

9: Kel - Mewtwo mask ftw.

13: Fizzle - You left your phone in Crash's van, but I'm not sure who has it now. :x Either Dr. X or Crash.

13: Champ - Didn't play you, but watched a couple of your matches, most notably the one against Infern. Good stuff!

13: Katakiri - Hilt gets lucky sometimes. ;)

13: Smash64 - It's either pools or bracket, but one way or another we always play. :p Great Ness as usual, and congrats on low tiers victory. :D

17: Mr. 9 - Get a decent seed in pools: check, play more than two matches in bracket: check, watch what the f***s going on in a match: check--I like where this is going. ;D

17: Mr. E - Beep beep I beep?

17: Fonz - I apologize if any of the trash was left on my behalf, but I don't think any of it was. Didn't get to play you unfortunately.

17: Kassandra - Seems like you've gotten much better since the first Kakuna Matata. Nice work.

17: Xisin - Whether you know it or not, some advice you gave me long ago helped me win a pools match here. haha You were so close to beating Quivo too. Oh well, The Kentucky Colonel shall rise again! =)

17: Warfi - Great pools games man. We need to review that replay one day though and find out the hell happened on Smashville. But yeah, Rainbow Cruise + GW is kinda ****. :p I don't think it's too bad for D3 though, so I'm sure you can find a way to exploit it too.

17: Cr4sh - I FINALLY DIDN'T HAVE TO PLAY YOU. Oh, and gas up here was $2.53. :p Thanks for the ride of course, good stuff in tournament, and shoryuken.

17: Mister Eric - BEEP BEEP! Haven't played you in a while though.

25: Moose - Very nice Sheik. I was worried for the majority of the time as we played.

25: Adamated - I think you were the Ganondorf I played in the back? Fun games, and very nice Ganon.

25: Dr. X - Always good hanging with you man.

25: tyr - Good stuff in low tiers, and you and YbM make a hilarious duo. :laugh: My condolences for your stole and 360 dunked in da sauce dumplins.

25: SneakyTako - Good to see you again man! Sorry we didn't get to talk very much.

25: Suyon - I heard your name a lot, but don't think I ever saw you. ._.

25: Mayling - I still feel bad about that first stock at Brinstar :( . I can tell you've gotten better though. Very good games in pools.

25: Jnkolm - Didn't play you. :ohwell:

33: Today - Nice to finally meet you! Judgment battle was too good. :) And if Tyr ever scares you again, just steal some of his dumplins. ;) We'll play more next time and I'll give you some GW help. :)

33: RipN - Dude is loud. lol Very nicely run tournament, just as I expect from a visit to Springfield. :) Also read my shoutout to Fonz.

33: Fromundaman - Fun trip to Wendy's was fun. lol Didn't get to play you though.

33: BanHammer - Awesome dude, hope to see you again! If you want any GW tips, I'll help ya out (not sure how long you've been playing). Also rough getting point-maker-OS in your pool. lol

33: Metaflair - WOOoOOOooOOO!!! I like how you described yourself as the "loud, obnoxious guy". xD Always good seeing you again man.

33: ShyGuy - Didn't play you. :ohwell:

33: Jiffyboob - Just ignore bust-dat-***-YbM. lol Glad you didn't take him seriously though.

@Nope: Fonz shout-out sums up most of it, but also thanks of course for hosting. Unfortunate that you ended up having soccer johns. And finally, don't be a f****** thief. Get ya own dumplins and dunk 'em in ya own sauce. xD

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Sorry to hear it, Fonz. I am quite respectable with other people's property and just cleanliness in general, so don't hate me please. :( The banana peel was mine, I was saving it to harass the Diddy mains for a while but someone already took it away before I was finished with it. You or Nope might've pitched that. That's all I had.

Fow thinks ness is mid/high tier.
Fow is a moron.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
**** mr 9 im sorry i forgot you tag my memory is awful lol
ima go edit one in for you now lol

also Y.b.M. (got that **** right lol) banhammer was the tall big black guy with the banhammer hat (lol) that recoreded you ranting about nope on camera

Kel

Smash Master
I'll admit they're the best COLLEGE team Lou. However, the Bengals are currently 6-2 and 4-0 in their division <3

fonzi21

Smash Ace
No worries guys everyone just needs to understand what happened and that it needs to be fixed for next time. No hating involved.

Also Much <3 to the God Kais

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Good stuff, Blue... Glad to see you made it to a tourney, fromundaman... :laugh: Step it up Lucarios! Hope to see you all soon as school stops killing me...

solecalibur

Smash Master
Oh man Wakka took 9th ... I didn't see this yet!
If your next monthly is in Decemeber Im willing to take some Neoh people since there car is broken down and get an early winter break
But OUGA will most likely not have this car problem again we still played friendlies to make up for the loss but OUGA is stepping it up

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
All I gotta say is...

God Kais!!!!!!!!!

And

QUIVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kel

Smash Master
We should probably have everyone pick up the trash closest to them at the end of grand finals at EVERY TOURNAMENT- even if it isn't their own trash.

The only complication I see about this is that when a drink is half full you don't want to just throw someone's drink away. This could be remedied by having everyone claim their stuff before we police the area.

But yeah, let's do this after each grand finals- that way the TO doesn't get stuck with it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So I guess OS DID end up attending. Rather hypocritical, but w/e, lol
OS - Next time we play, whether pools or bracket, never sandbag again. It's not worth my time because it doesn't help me any against a Meta who wants to fly and stall.
Hint ;)

If there's no ledge grab rule I won't do so BHammer!

But think of it this way:

If I'm able to beat you by running away, why wouldn't I?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
1: M2K ($187.00) - nice job on first. You should team with me lol. Double MK is boring.
2: Blue Rogue ($85.00) - Congrats on placing so well. Keep it up.
3: YBM ($54.00) - Good times man. Congrats on your placing too.
4: OS ($31.00) - You were really gay in pools. But you know that. I'm glad you didn't do it in bracket.
5: Infern ($15.00) - Good ****. God Kais!
7: Capem - Good placing. You should place higher though. Nice Lucas.
7: Quivo - Fun playing your Link. Good stuff.
9: Lou - We didn't play :(
9: Hilt - Nice Lucas
9: Kel - I thought you'd place higher. What happened?
13: Fizzle - Nice Ness/Link. It was fun playing you.
13: Champ - Sorry you got sick
13: Katakiri - You need to stick around for friendlies and MM's man. Nice upsets lol.
13: Smash64 - Low tiers grand finals was fun.
17: Fonz - Nice Ganon. I need to play you in regular brackets sometime soon.
17: Kassandra - Good ****. Your Metaknight is getting better.
17: Xisin - Sorry about your dental work and such.
17: Warfi - We didn't get our random MM :( thanks for playing
25: Moose - I enjoyed watching you play
25: Dr. X is fat
25: Tyr - Springfield never capitalizes my name :(
25: SneakyTako - Don't get down on yourself man. It's all good. It was great to hang out with you. Come back to Cincy!!
33: RipN - Aaaaiye Papi!
33: Fromundaman - Nice job in low tiers.
Nope - You stole my dumpling...

I hope I didn't make a mess. I tried to clean up things I had brought in. Thanks for the hospitality Springfield. Tournament was very fun.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Hint ;)
If there's no ledge grab rule I won't do so BHammer!
I am confused to how the ledge grab rule made you fly away and stall? you can do that anyway in any tournament, and if there isn't a ledge grab rule you can do it on the ledge. With invincibility frames......Please explain so I better understand how the ledge grab rule made you run away and stall on people. We know your reasons for not wanting the ledge grab rule so no need to explain those again.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I am confused to how the ledge grab rule made you fly away and stall? you can do that anyway in any tournament, and if there isn't a ledge grab rule you can do it on the ledge. With invincibility frames......Please explain so I better understand how the ledge grab rule made you run away and stall on people. We know your reasons for not wanting the ledge grab rule so no need to explain those again.
Ledge grab rules can be put in place for two reasons:

1. People think they are unbeatable (may or may not be true)
2. People don't like them (may or may not be the majority)

We know it can't be #1, as we don't have any evidence for it. Anyone who has ever tried to win via planking has failed miserably, so it has to be #2. People just don't like planking because it's "gay".

So, I play as gay as possible and completely and totally ruin any possibility for fun without abusing the ledge and get first seed by forfeiting on my CP and having 24 minute sets for everyone in my pool. It has nothing to do with the ledge, it is Brawl. Playing in a way that is campy is legit in Brawl. It can work. Doesn't mean it is the best strategy (it isn't, at all), but it is possible. If you don't like campy gameplay, play another game. I'd suggest Melee, but it's pretty campy too. Just faster campy.

I play to win, and if the ledge helps I'll use it. If someone tries to make rules to make the game more fun, I am going to personally force them to climb a slippery slope. It took just pools to make everyone in my pool realize how lame it was (I scared a lot of htem by saying "how many edgegrabs do you have"), and many of them were either potentially beaten / close to losing due to the edgegrab limit. I only forced them to the edge for one stock each and racked up their stock count. I took Metaflair to norfair and just kept grab releasing him (causing an auto-matic ledgegrab from the jump release), and he got up to 15 ledge grabs in about two minutes solely by that. From then on he had to avoid the ledge, and I just got free hits over and over again. People didn't like the idea that they could lose with 3 stocks to my 1. In addition, people got piiiiiiissed that I just ran around for that long.

Everything I did was legal. Just irritating. You can lower the time limit to prevent the matches from being so long (thus making time camping more common and viable), you can make random rules like RipN tried to do ("If I don't like how you're playing I'm gonna DQ you, and you can't glide underneath the stage!"), you can do all sorts of things. Just none of it is worthwhile. It's all just altering the game to fit how you want to play, which is always a painful experience when you leave your house. I just accelerate that process by making it a chore for anyone that plays me in pools.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
If you didn't like the rule, why bother coming to the tournament?

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Overswarm my question was not why you don't or do like the ledge grab rule. My question was how did it make you play like you did in pools. Besides the fact of trying to make people grab the ledge 30 times and time them out and make them lose that way (by the way did it work on anyone? I am curious to know) Also if metaflair kept getting grabbed 15 times you say? then he needs to work on spacing. If you prefer to play like that then that is your decision, playing to win is playing to win and I will not call you an ******* or get pissed at you for playing the way you do, it's your decision. But you still never really answered the question of how the ledge grab rule made you play like that. Except for trying to make people lose by grabbing the ledge 30 times. Which if your flying away and stalling I am confused why people would be grabbing the ledge. Also if your forcing them to the ledge 30 times by better game play then they need to improve as a player.

You can fly away and stall on any stage at any tournament basically, regardless of the ledge grab rule. Mister Eric Did it to me on Jungle japes for 5 minutes, and won the match for it. He was playing to win kudos to him, but the ledge grab rule in no way came into effect.

QUIVO

Smash Master
TBH, i picked up some trash outside but just left it next to the trashcan since it was full. My bad about that, I should've probably helped and taken out the trash.

Good **** eveyrone, too fun

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you didn't like the rule, why bother coming to the tournament?
I wasn't going to. I didn't know I was going for sure until I woke up that morning. Kel and Kassandra wanted to go, so I took them as I'm one of Cincinnati's only drivers.

Plus, I got to camp people out in pools. I enjoy playing like that quite a bit.

Overswarm my question was not why you don't or do like the ledge grab rule. My question was how did it make you play like you did in pools. Besides the fact of trying to make people grab the ledge 30 times and time them out and make them lose that way (by the way did it work on anyone? I am curious to know) Also if metaflair kept getting grabbed 15 times you say? then he needs to work on spacing. If you prefer to play like that then that is your decision, playing to win is playing to win and I will not call you an ******* or get pissed at you for playing the way you do, it's your decision. But you still never really answered the question of how the ledge grab rule made you play like that. Except for trying to make people lose by grabbing the ledge 30 times. Which if your flying away and stalling I am confused why people would be grabbing the ledge. Also if your forcing them to the ledge 30 times by better game play then they need to improve as a player.
Because if planking isn't broken (I'm bored at work and am typing it again! HAHAHAHAHA!), then it has to be because it is "gay". I showed there are plenty of other "gay" strategies. I know the rules that can be made to prevent the strategies I used at this monthly, and have backup plans. There are a million unfun things you can do in this game... it is the nature of Brawl. It's also a form of protest; anyone that plays me in a tournament with a ledge grab rule gets a very unfun experience. A very long, unfun experience.

I did it for a lot of reasons. For one, it was easy. Making people grab the ledge is simple. Just randomly charge and release smash attacks and then wait. The best option for the person on the ledge is to wait for an opening and then attack with invincibility frames.... but they can't do that wthout grabbing the ledge repeatedly. Not safely, anyway.

Forcing players to the ledge is not indicative of skill. I got 28 ledge grabs on Dr. X while simultaneously getting slammed by his smash attacks and not caring what my stock was; it didn't matter if he got 30 ledge grabs. This is me doing it on the fly, with no practice and no plan. Do you really think Dr. X could play Pit effectively if he only has 2 ledge grabs left? What would have happened if I decided to play as hard as I could and we were both really on our game, but he naturally got more ledgegrabs simply because if he didn't, I'd win the traditional way? When Metaflair forced himself to land on the stage on Norfair rather than grab the edge (so the ledge grab rule couldn't force a win/loss), I got free hits. A win is a win, and even if someone only has 5 ledge grabs it doesn't mean the ledge grab rule didn't help in their loss.

Against a lot of players I simply ran away, stalled the timer, and THEN planked the edge. I got 2 ledge grabs in the first 6 minutes, then got to stall for 2 more on the edge. The reason for the rule in the first place is null and void, because all I need is 1% again.

If you don't have any evidence to ban grabbing the ledge, the only way one could ban the practice in good conscience is to just say "It's just the way I don't want the game to be played, sorry". Unfortuantely, that is one of the worst ways to make rules and results in some pretty bad side effects. Making a rule saying you can't throw X amount of projectiles, can't run away when you have a % lead, can't, can't grab more than X times... they're all VIABLE rules. People don't like IC chaingrabs. They suck, right? No one likes them. Let's count how many grabs people normally get. I bet its WAY lower than you'd think. This will prevent ICs from CGin TOO much and winning sets JUST because of CGs, and everyone's happy, right?

Well, not the ICs. Or characters like D3 who get to CG characters like ROB who would otherwise destroy him. Or characters like Marth or Charizard who want to grab infinite Ness and Lucas. Or maybe even Diddy since his primary approach is dash attack or grab. Or Snake in matchups like Snake vs. ROB or Snake vs. Olimar where Snake's best damage dealer can be his d-throw due to their awkward animations.

This is especially awkward since grabs can take time, and this results in many players having a large number of grabs with the time being low. Even if they have 3 stocks to their opponents one.

Should people be forced to count their grabs? Should characters who don't require a lot of grabs, like Wolf, ROB, Peach, etc., all get this artificial boost just because people don't like CGing?

It is the same thing with ledge play. You add a ledge grab rule, well what happens to Pit? What happens to MK? What happens on stages like Norfair, Japes, and the like? You say it doesn't matter because the timer has to run out.... but I think I proved that a good player can run the time out whenever he **** well pleases, or at least make it close enough to force another player to approach. Plus, those were on starters... not on stages like Japes or Luigi's Mansion.

Why do characters like Diddy and Snake who don't normally grab the ledge get this odd advantage?

I timed people out because I could. Time running out is not a safety net for the ledge grab rule. The bottom line is that a player can win a match he should have lost solely by the amount of ledge grabs he has. We have recent evidence of this; Kel beat Y.b.M. on Y.b.M.'s CP (Japes) with the time running out. Kel had over 30 edge grabs. Kel wasn't planking. He would have lost. We have recent evidence that running the time out can and will happen if someone wants to; I did it all through pools easily, including letting all my opponents win on the CP so my sets were 2-1. We have recent evidence that someone trying to time out their opponent can force them to get more edgegrabs; by simply gliding under smashville back and forth with a small % lead, I was able to force my opponents to go off stage after me.... and grab the ledge when recovering. We have evidence that we can make the game "unfun" in ways other than abusing the ledge.

What evidence do we have for banning planking?

You can fly away and stall on any stage at any tournament basically, regardless of the ledge grab rule. Mister Eric Did it to me on Jungle japes for 5 minutes, and won the match for it. He was playing to win kudos to him, but the ledge grab rule in no way came into effect.
You can in some matchups/stages, yes. The idea wasn't to focus on the ledge grab rule (it just came naturally), but rather to show people that you can't stop someone, ever, from playing in a way you don't happen to like. It exists, and you have to deal with it somehow. If it really is effective, you'll have to deal with it a lot, or maybe even use it yourself. If it starts winning tournaments everywhere then yeah, it'll get banned... but until then, it is just something that annoys you. You've gotta learn to deal with it or play a new game.

QUIVO

Smash Master
By the way, is anyone getting Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2? I wanna play with cool smash players

Add me on xbl: QUIVO

lou4222

Smash Lord
I vote that we make this a ledge grab discussion free thread. I am quite tired of it. Great tournament with great players. Lets talk about that :)

I cant wait for things to calm down IRL. I forgot how much I love smash tournies. The winter should be full of them.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
By the way, is anyone getting Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2? I wanna play with cool smash players

Add me on xbl: QUIVO
Whenever I get An XBox 360 I'll buy it. Have some friends who Love COD...They already have the new one that's coming out on the 10th since the have Modded X Box...Right Now one of my friends is playing against one of the Makers of the Game.... He was Ranked Number 2 in the world on the previous game but sold his account for $800...

His game tag is "Ratsmoker"...He's Cool as heck...you should play him and tell him you know me...

Mr.E

Smash Lord
I am sad I wasn't in Overswarm's pool to get the chance of out-gaying him. I find his antics amusing.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Overswarm I have nothing against not having the ledge grab rule or having it, I am not pissed about anyone's play style that is what you fail to see. I have no concern of either side nor care to argue for either points. I go to tournaments whatever the rules are and I will adjust like you said (and If I can't at that tournament I will for the next one). Your right brawl is campy, and people can play "gay" (not sure why it's termed that because it is just another play style is all). I am glad you answered my question because originally you stated to Banhammer you played like that because of the ledge grab rule. I wanted to understand how the ledge grab rule effected your change in play style. I want to understand all aspects of the game so I can improve, and that is merely what I wanted to know is why the change in play style.

If anyone ever gets a chance I suggest reading the book "Playing to Win" by: David Sirlin.

I play Ganondorf a ton lol I can't get to upset about advantages anymore it just doesn't effect me as much. I instead think about how to adjust and win. Knowing is winning.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Whenever I get An XBox 360 I'll buy it. Have some friends who Love COD...They already have the new one that's coming out on the 10th since the have Modded X Box...Right Now one of my friends is playing against one of the Makers of the Game.... He was Ranked Number 2 in the world on the previous game but sold his account for $800...

His game tag is "Ratsmoker"...He's Cool as heck...you should play him and tell him you know me...
I can't wait to get that as well. It'll be played in my Smash down time. Btw, my tag for XBL is RudeRanXor

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
We should probably have everyone pick up the trash closest to them at the end of grand finals at EVERY TOURNAMENT- even if it isn't their own trash.

The only complication I see about this is that when a drink is half full you don't want to just throw someone's drink away. This could be remedied by having everyone claim their stuff before we police the area.

But yeah, let's do this after each grand finals- that way the TO doesn't get stuck with it.
This same thing happens all the time. Smash players need to learn that they aren't bringing their mother along with them to clean up after them.

This happens every tournament I host and it usually happens to my car after I drive people to a tournament. It's kinda a kick in the balls when I drive an hour or 2 out of my way for people, drive them the extra 2-3 hours to a tournament and stay up all night on the way back for a few bucks in gas money and a car that's got tons of trash in it.

Same thing happened at the last test your might. It took me an hour and a half of cleaning up empty pizza boxes and drinks. Asking the players to do it at any time doesn't seem to work. I asked several times and was only helped by a couple others for a little bit.

Seriously guys, if it's your home that's entirely different. If you are at a tournament you are a GUEST and should act like one.

/rant

Kel

Smash Master
M2K, even if you can't drive, you should just use some of your money to buy a car. That way you can always just find someone to drive YOUR car to take you places.

Either that or get a chauffeur. Seriously, why not?

smash64

Smash Champion
sucks that I can't write that much on my cell but awesome tournament as always springfield is and will always be God Kais 2 home.

Top Bottom